Try harnessing the combined powers of fast- and slow-absorbing proteins, bovine colostrum, GABA, and digestive enzymes. You’ll get fantastic results, as you’ll find out in this BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM review.
About BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM
BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM is the “Ultimate Evolved Anabolic Protein” and “Anabolic Protein Blend With Growth Factors,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Impressive formulation. One of the most unique protein formulas we’ve seen to date.
- Twenty-five grams of protein per scoop. Equal to solid 50 percent of the daily value.
- Contains GABA. Neurotransmitter which helps increase human growth hormone levels during sleep.
BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM Supplement Facts (Chocolate Cake, 907 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (36 g)
Servings Per Container: 26
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g||3%|
|Trans Fat||0 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
|Added Sugars||0 g||0%|
|RPM Factors™ (milk peptides, sunflower lecithin)||250 mg||*|
|GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid)||200 mg||*|
|Other Ingredients: Whey protein isolate (9 g protein), whey protein concentrate (8 g protein), milk protein concentrate (4 g protein), micellar casein (4 g), L-isoleucine, L-leucine, L-valine, cocoa, natural & artificial chocolate cake flavor, sunflower creamer, ultrasmooth powder (cellulose gum, xanthan gum, gum carrageenan), acesulfame potassium, sodium chloride, sucralose.|
|Directions: Mix one (1) scoop with 8-10 oz. of water after exercise or in between meals. Advanced users can mix two (2) scoops with 12-16 oz. of water post-exercise.|
The Ultimate Evolved Anabolic Protein
We hope you’ve checked out our protein supplement reviews here on B5. We’re sure you’ve seen some bodybuilding products which not only help you muscle up, but catch your attention as well. We’re telling you, some of these supplements have the most unique names. Check them out:
- NutraBio Muscle Matrix
- EFX Sports Training Ground Isolate
- MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER
- AllMax IsoFlex
- ProMera Sports CON-CRET WHEY PROTEIN
If these don’t grab your attention, nothing will. On that note, we’re certain BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM will also turn heads. The manufacturer dubs it “The Ultimate Evolved Anabolic Protein,” per its official website.
“MUSCLE SERUM was created by an exercise physiologist-led, in-house lab and manufacturing team inspired by new, cutting-edge discoveries in protein/amino acid combinations for post-exercise,” per the same source.
BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM isn’t your ordinary protein blend. If you’re happy with whey protein, this isn’t the supplement for you. In fact, it’s much more than just whey – it’s a powerful blend of fast- and slow-absorbing proteins for a more anabolic environment (think NutraBio Muscle Matrix, Magnum Quattro, or Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein). Your muscles will thank you for it. Your gym experience will never be the same.
Formulation, 36 grams
BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM yields 25 grams of protein per 36-gram scoop. Its protein blend boasts of four components which should help you muscle up, shorten your recovery time, and meet your daily protein requirements:
- Whey protein isolate, nine grams
- Whey protein concentrate, eight grams
- Milk protein concentrate, four grams
- Micellar casein, four grams
Between whey protein isolate (WPI) and whey protein concentrate (WPC), the former is the purer from of protein at 90 to 95 percent. It also has a lower carb, fat, and lactase content than its WPC counterpart. Thus, WPI is the more popular choice for those who want to pack on some serious muscle mass and torch fat at the same time. It’s also the better alternative for individuals who have lactose issues.
It turns out whey protein isolate helps individuals maintain their strength levels after a rigorous exercise session. According to the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition’s September 22, 2010 issue, “Whey protein isolate attenuates strength decline after eccentrically-induced muscle damage in healthy individuals.”
The downside: WPI has a lower immunoglobulin and lactoferrin content that WPC. WPI also has a slightly bitter taste and is more expensive than WPC because of the extra microfiltration process it undergoes.
As for WPC, it is roughly 70 to 85 percent protein. It has a higher fat, carb, and lactose content than WPI. Quality whey protein concentrate supplements (such as Do Vitamins Wonder Whey) also feature more growth factors such as IGF-1, TGF-1, and TGF-2 than second-rate WPC products.
“Much like CD-WPC (cheese-derived whey protein concentrate), MD-WPC (milk-derived whey protein concentrate) is an excellent source of protein with a high level of branched-chain amino acids, which has been shown to increase muscle synthesis,” per the University of Wisconsin’s official website.
The clear takeaway: even with a lower protein content than whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate is no slouch. In fact, the presumption that WPC is an inferior source of protein is sheer hogwash. Not only will WPC help you muscle up, it also won’t put a dent on your wallet as much as WPI does. Plus, WPC is easier on the taste buds. On the issue of WPI vs. WPC, it all boils down to personal preference. We’re glad BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM has both.
WPI and WPC are fast-absorbing sources of protein which you need first thing in the morning (to break the fast after a good night’s sleep) and immediately following a workout to make the transition from a catabolic state (muscle breakdown) to an anabolic (muscle-building) one. However, some studies suggest fast-absorbing protein sources aren’t enough.
“Research suggests that the combination of whey and casein protein is superior to whey alone in supporting lean mass and recovery,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM has four grams each of milk protein concentrate and micellar casein. The former is 80 percent casein protein and 20 percent whey protein. Check out its key health benefits:
- Preserves hard-earned muscle mass
- Wards off muscle breakdown
- Ramps up muscle protein synthesis (MPS)
Plus, milk protein is also excellent for metabolic health. According to the July 3, 2013 issue of Nutrition & Metabolism, “There is also evidence that milk protein may indirectly improve metabolic health by promoting changes in body composition in favor of increased lean body mass and decreased adiposity, particularly during energy-restricted weight loss.”
As for micellar casein, it’s the best kind of casein protein – the slow-absorbing kind which can feed your muscles for up to eight hours (which is why consuming casein protein supplements such as KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN and Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein is an excellent strategy for hardgainers).
To substantiate casein protein’s ability to increase muscle mass and strength, the University of Michigan Medicine School’s official website says, “Some fitness professionals believe it may help support muscle growth and strength gains in weight-training programs.” Casein protein is also a great way of preserving hard-earned muscle mass. It’s a vital part of the anabolic equation.
Looking at the total picture, BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM’s protein blend isn’t merely diverse: it’s also a well-balanced formulation. We believe nine grams of WPI, eight grams of WPC, and four grams each of milk protein isolate and micellar casein will help you get some serious gains in and out of the gym. Top these off with regular training, sound nutrition, and enough sleep, your results will soar.
It gets better: the protein content is just the proverbial tip of the iceberg. BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM also has a Serum Growth blend which takes up a total of 450 grams per serving. More precisely, it features 250 milligrams of RPM Factors (milk peptides and sunflower lecithin) and 200 milligrams of GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid).
The RPM Factors sub-blend is “a high-protein colostrum concentrate containing immunoglobulins and growth factors that’s banned-substance-free and supports recovery and performance,” per BETANCOURT Nutrition’s official website.
Contemporary research findings suggest bovine colostrum (the first milk cows produce shortly after giving birth) does help improve exercise power, endurance, and recovery. While colostrum concentrate’s ability to increase muscle mass is questionable, there’s no doubt it can take your performance at the gym to the next level. The manufacturer sure wasn’t kidding.
BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM is the first protein supplement we’ve seen which features GABA, an inhibitory neurotransmitter more common among sleep supplements. Well, let’s not forget GABA also helps increase growth hormone production by as much as 400 percent.
Long story short, this ingredient will help you muscle up while you’re sleeping (making it the perfect complement to BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM’s milk protein concentrate and micellar casein components). It just doesn’t get any better than that.
Finally, BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM’s Serum Enzymes blend takes up 150 milligrams (100 milligrams of bromelain and 50 milligrams of papain) per serving. Bromelain is an enzyme which helps the body digest protein. On the other hand, papain (a natural ingredient of the papaya fruit) helps break down amino acids. We love their inclusion – improved bioavailability means better overall results.
Our first impression: BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM doesn’t just have a fancy name, but it also features one potent formulation for bodybuilding enthusiasts. It may not be perfect (it has fillers such as sucralose and carrageenan), but it sure packs a tremendous wallop.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 130: Most protein supplements have 100 to 150 calories or so per serving. BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM’s 130 is right on the industry average.
- Calories from fat, 10: This isn’t a high-fat supplement, as it only has 10 calories per scoop.
- Total fat, 1 g: BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM’s one gram of fats per serving represents a paltry two percent of the daily value (a maximum daily value of five percent is low).
- Saturated fat, 0.5 g: This product’s saturated fat content represents a measly three percent of the daily value. Minimizing saturated fat intake is a good way of improving cardiovascular function, per the American Heart Association’s official website.
- Trans fat, 0 g: BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM has no trans fat content. This bodes well for excellent long-term heart health.
- Cholesterol, 30 mg: This protein supplement has moderate cholesterol content at 10 percent of the daily value. If you’re monitoring your cholesterol intake, please consult your physician before buying BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM.
- Total carbohydrate, 4 g: BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM’s four grams of carbs per serving represents a measly one percent of the daily value. It should complement any low-carb nutrition plan perfectly.
- Dietary fiber, 0 g: BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM has no dietary fiber content whatsoever.
- Sugars, 1 g: Although this protein supplement contains just one gram of sugars per serving, it does have the artificial sweetener sucralose, which has links to obesity and other side effects.
- Added sugars, 0 g: BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM has no added sugar content.
- Protein, 25 g: BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM’s protein blend features nine grams of whey protein isolate, eight grams of whey protein concentrate, and four grams each of milk protein concentrate and micellar casein. It’s a well-balanced protein blend which should help maintain an anabolic environment. You can’t doubt a solid 50 percent of the daily value for protein.
- Sodium, 157 mg: This product has moderate sodium content at seven percent of the daily value. If you’re monitoring your salt intake, consult your doctor before buying BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM. Otherwise, you can still supplement with it, but make sure to tone down on your whole-food sodium consumption.
- Potassium, 160 mg: BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM is not a significant source of potassium at just three percent of the daily value.
- RPF Factors (milk peptides, sunflower lecithin), 250 mg: These refer to the sub-components of bovine colostrum, which is the first milk produced by cows who just gave birth. Research proves bovine colostrum helps improve exercise power, endurance, and recovery.
- GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid), 200 mg: A neurotransmitter with helps increase human growth hormones during sleep. BETANCOURT is one of the few protein supplements on the market which has GABA. Better grab the opportunity.
- Bromelain, 100 mg: An enzyme which helps the body digest protein.
- Papain, 50 mg: A digestive enzyme which helps break down amino acids.
After a thorough analysis, it’s clear to us BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM, the so-called “Ultimate Evolved Anabolic Protein” and “Anabolic Protein Blend With Growth Factors” will exceed your expectations. It has one of the most unique muscle-growing formulations we’ve seen in quite some time.
You start off with the solid 25 grams of protein per scoop, which is equal to an impressive 50 percent of the daily value. That much keeps up with the likes of big-name protein supplements such as Jay Robb Whey Protein (one of the top brands in the industry for many years). We like that.
It bears repeating: we love the balanced formulation of fast- and slow-absorbing proteins for increased muscle mass and shorter recovery time. You can’t go wrong with nine grams of whey protein isolate, eight grams of whey protein concentrate, and four grams each of milk protein concentrate and micellar casein. Many customers love the blended protein supplement MusclePharm Combat. However, with BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM around, it may be time for a paradigm shift.
Why? Simply put, we can’t think of other blended protein products which include bovine colostrum, GABA, and digestive enzymes (bromelain and papain). Their combined benefits include increased power, endurance, and growth hormone levels; shorter recovery time, and better nutrient bioavailability. If these don’t give you an edge in and out of the gym, we don’t know what will.
We also love BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM’s 6.5 grams of branched-chain amino acids per serving. That much is sure to increase muscle protein synthesis, repair muscle tissue, and increase exercise endurance.
Plus, we like low fat, saturated fat, carb, and sugar content. These bode well for long-term health. The cholesterol (10 percent of the daily value) and sodium levels (seven percent of the daily value) are moderate. If you’re monitoring your intake of these two nutrients, it’s best to consult your doctor first.
We also laud the manufacturer for excellent transparency – it reveals all of the ingredient amounts. That is always great for customers. Well done.
On the other hand, the manufacturer laced BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM’s impressive formulation with sucralose and carrageenan. Like we said, the former has ties to obesity. For the latter’s part, it may produce detrimental effects on gastrointestinal health. It even has links to carcinogenicity. That’s not good at all.
Since BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM is a relatively new product, it has a somewhat unknown reputation with customers. We’re confident it’ll gain traction down the road, especially if the manufacturer does away with the unnecessary filler content.
All in all, this is a solid protein supplement which should give you a good return on your investment. It may have a few chinks, but it should still be a good addition to your supplement stack. Nonetheless, we’re clamoring for a cleaner formula sooner than later.
BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM Benefits
BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM “combines whey protein with GABA, BCAAs, and enzymes (bromelain and papain) to support lean muscle mass, recovery, and digestion,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM for healthy and active individuals who want to increase muscle mass, shorten recovery time, fill nutrition gaps, meet their daily protein requirements, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM contains 10 percent of the daily value for cholesterol. While this isn’t a high amount, it may still be of some concern to individuals who are monitoring their cholesterol intake.
This product also has sucralose and carrageenan, two ingredients which have certain side effects (obesity, digestive issues, carcinogenicity, etc.).
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM Review Summary
- Impressive formulation. Great balance of fast- and slow-absorbing proteins, bovine colostrum, GABA, and digestive enzymes.
- Twenty-five grams of protein per scoop. Equal to solid 50 percent of the daily value.
- 6.5 grams of BCAAs per serving. Helps increase muscle protein synthesis, repair muscle tissue, and increase exercise endurance.
- GABA component. Neurotransmitter which helps increase HGH levels during sleep. BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM is one of the rare protein supplements with GABA.
- RPM Factors. Bovine colostrum sub-components which help increase power and endurance.
- Serum enzymes. Bromelain and papain help improve nutrient bioavailability for better overall results.
- Low in fats, saturated fats, carbs, and sugar. These bode well for long-term health.
- Excellent transparency. Manufacturer breaks down all of the ingredient amounts.
- Flavor options. Comes in Chocolate Cake and Vanilla Cake Batter flavors.
- Fillers. Contains sucralose and carrageenan.
- Moderate cholesterol and sodium levels. Check with your doctor first if these concern you.
- Unknown reputation. Doesn’t have the reputation of big-name protein supplements yet.
- Practicality. Comes in just one size – the 907-gram container.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 907-gram container (26-Day Supply): $32.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM
BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM has one of the most unique anabolic formulations we’ve seen. Try harnessing the powers of fast- and slow-absorbing proteins, bovine colostrum, GABA, and digestive enzymes, and you’ll see great results.
While BETANCOURT MUSCLE SERUM is not a perfect product, we still recommend you buy it. If the manufacturer can smooth out the rough edges sooner than later, that would be great, to say the least.