If you’re a big Kris Gethin fan who wants to preserve muscle mass, we’ve got some good news for you.
KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN is here.
This is Gethin’s signature casein protein supplement. Its 25 grams of protein per serving is just the tip of the iceberg.
Buckle up and enjoy the review, folks.
About KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN
KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN “is a game-changing anti-catabolic protein that you can’t live without if you are serious about adding size and strength,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Twenty-five grams of micellar casein protein isolate per scoop. Helps preserve muscle mass.
- Has coconut oil powder. Good fat source which helps slow the casein breakdown process.
- Contains stevia. Natural sweetener which helps regulate blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN Supplement Facts (Chocolate Shake, 4 lbs. 1)
|Serving Size: 1 Heaping Scoop (39 g per serving)|
Servings Per Container: 46
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||20|
|Total Fat||2.5 g||4%*|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g||8%*|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%*|
|Other Ingredients: Micellar Casein Isolate, Cocoa Powder processed with Alkali, Coconut Oil Powder (coconut oil, maltodextrin, modified food starch), Natural Chocolate Flavor, Gum Blend (guar gum, xanthan gum, carrageenan), Stevia, Sucralose, Sea Salt|
|Directions For Kasein: As a dietary supplement, mix one heaping scoop in 8-12 ounces of cold water. Take one serving before bed or prolonged periods of time without protein. For maximum results consume two servings per day.|
Feed Your Muscles While You Sleep
Perhaps you’re a big Kris Gethin fan.
If you follow Bodybuilding.com, you may know him as the tattooed, muscular Welsh gentleman who wrote many fitness articles for that website.
He’s also the CEO of KAGED MUSCLE, an up-and-coming bodybuilding supplement company based in Boise, ID.
We’re hoping they can sustain their momentum with KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN.
Take a hint from the name, folks: it’s a slow-absorbing protein formula which Gethin stamped and approved.
How about an impressive 25 grams of micellar casein isolate per serving?
“KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN is an ultra-premium cold-processed micellar casein isolate that is carefully manufactured by an innovative microfiltration process,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
“This filtration method preserves the structural integrity of the protein ensuring that the finished product maintains its natural micellar structure as it is found in milk,” per the same source.
Sounds good to us, folks.
In our opinion, micellar casein is the best of its kind on the market.
Just so you know, there are three kinds of casein protein:
- Micellar casein – the kind which exists in its purest form and found in KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN. Fitness experts tout micellar casein as an anabolic, slow-release protein because it takes six to seven hours for the muscles to fully absorb them. It also helps retain a positive nitrogen balance for more muscle growth the longest among the three kinds.
- Calcium caseinate – a by-product of the insoluble part of milk which undergoes a chemical process. Experts consider this as the most inferior form of casein.
- Milk protein – this contains both fast-absorbing whey protein (which makes up 20 percent of the protein molecule) and slow-absorbing casein protein (which makes up the remaining 80 percent). It’s a good option after a hard workout to help your body remain in an anabolic state longer. Its distinct advantage over the two other kinds of casein: it has a superior digestive prowess.
The manufacturer correctly points out your body goes through a six- to eight-hour fasting state when you sleep at night.
Since it doesn’t take in any nutrients during that span, it enters a catabolic (muscle breakdown) state.
Enter KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN.
This product “slowly and continuously feeds your muscles a steady supply of muscle-building essential amino acids for several hours,” per its official website.
“The effects of this slow amino acid release have been investigated in a number of studies and have been shown to be very effective at promoting an anti-catabolic environment for muscle growth,” per the same source.
Yep, so can other big-name casein protein powder supplements. Just what makes KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN a cut above the rest?
Gethin and Co. maintain all of their ingredients “meet MICROPURE standards which means they are third party tested for purity and potency,” per their website.
Plus, they say KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN meets ethical and environmental standards.
The end result: “the first of a new generation of dairy ingredients which combine superior nutrition and enhanced functionality,” per KAGED MUSCLE’s official website.
Any time a supplement has top-notch ingredients without the fillers (a reasonable price won’t hurt one bit), you buy it. No questions asked.
However, we spotted some dirty ingredients in KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN: carrageenan and sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda).
The manufacturer also claims KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN’s taste sets it apart from the rest of the field.
They say it took their R&D team more than six months to come up with a unique flavor system (this product comes in Chocolate Milkshake and Vanilla Milkshake flavors).
Consumers have given KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN mixed reviews in terms of the taste. Around four out of every five individuals vouch for it.
As for us, we think it’s good. It clearly beats Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein in that department.
The initial takeaway: KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN has top-notch micellar casein isolate content and an above average taste which gives you a fast return on your investment.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 150: KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN’s calorie content is right on the industry average. Most protein supplements have 120-150 calories per scoop.
- Calories from fat, 20: If you’re getting just this many calories from fat, they wouldn’t compromise your nutrition plan one bit.
- Total fat, 2.5 g: KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN is a low-fat protein supplement at just four percent of the daily value (anything less than five percent is low). However, the saturated fat content is slightly higher than the competition at eight percent of the daily value. Still, it doesn’t go overboard (anything more than 15 percent is high).
- Cholesterol, 20 mg: This product’s cholesterol content isn’t low. It’s a good thing the manufacturer keeps it in check at seven percent of the daily value
- Sodium, 55 mg: KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN’s two percent of the daily value for sodium is safe for individuals who are monitoring their salt intake. All good on that front.
- Total carbohydrate, 7 g: This is a low-carb supplement at just two percent of the daily value. It should complement your low-carb diet and your lean-muscle-building aspirations perfectly. The sugar content (two grams per scoop) is low. However, we’re scratching our heads because Gethin and Co. included two dirty ingredients in carrageenan and sucralose. According to the Cornucopia Institute, the former “triggers an innate immune response in the body, which recognizes it as a dangerous invader. This immune response leads to inflammation.” On the other hand, sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda) has several side effects. Boo.
- Protein, 25 g: We like KAGED MUSCLE’s protein content. We believe that much will help you spare and retain valuable muscle mass while you sleep or for prolonged stretches during the day. Its protein content slightly trumps Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein (24 grams per scoop). Awesome.
- Calcium, 641 mg: By far the biggest bonus ingredient of KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN. You get a whopping 64 percent of the daily value for calcium when you consume this supplement. That much should help regulate blood pressure levels and boost bone and teeth health. Impressive.
- Iron, 1 mg: KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN is not a significant source of iron at just six percent of the daily value.
After a thorough analysis, it seems to us KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN is a legit casein protein supplement, folks.
You knew right off the bat a fitness icon such as Kris Gethin won’t let you down. His impressive post-workout, KAGED MUSCLE RE-KAGED, served as hard evidence.
His casein protein product is following in its footsteps.
Twenty-five grams of micellar casein isolate per scoop guarantees you remain in an anabolic state for long stretches during the day and when you sleep.
Hey, you work hard to put on muscle mass. This product will help you preserve it.
Plus, hard gainers the world over will rejoice.
Bear in mind these folks may have high levels of cortisol (the dreaded stress hormone). As a result, it’s difficult for them to retain muscle.
KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN is here to the rescue.
When a hard gainer chugs on this an hour or so before sleeping, he or she is on the right track.
We also like the inclusion of coconut oil.
“Coconut oil is essential to help slow the casein break down. The non-genetically engineered coconut oil supplies a sustained release source of healthy fats. Coconut oil’s saturated fat is made up mostly of medium-chain triglycerides, or MCTs,” per KAGED MUSCLE’s official website.
We feel olive oil and coconut oil are two of the best sources of good fats anywhere. When you include these as a part of a well-balanced nutrition plan, it bodes well for your long-term heart health.
We are stoked KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN has coconut oil.
Plus, don’t forget about the stevia content.
Stevia is a natural plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels.
We think it’s great it’s in KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN.
Other pluses: this product is low in fats, sodium, carbs, and sugar. It’s also teeming with calcium at 64 percent of the daily value.
We also commend the manufacturer for its transparency: it reveals all of the ingredient amounts. No shady proprietary blends. Bravo.
On the flip side, we cringe at Gethin and Co.’s claim KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN follows MICROPURE standards.
Like we said, this protein supplement has two dirty ingredients in carrageenan and sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda).
Maybe the manufacturer should clean up its act before it makes that claim.
KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN Benefits
KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Pure micellar casein isolate content
- Low lactose content
- No banned substances
- Contains no soy lecithin
- Great taste
- No artificial flavors and colors
- No gluten
- Third-party tested
With the exception of the banned-substance-free and no-artificial-flavor claims, we agree with most of these. KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN is a premium casein protein supplement which can help you achieve your fitness goals.
Who Takes It?
KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to build and preserve muscle mass and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN contains carrageenan and sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), two ingredients which have reported side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before consulting.
KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN Summary
- Top-notch micellar casein isolate content. Per the manufacturer’s claims.
- Twenty-five grams of protein per serving. Helps preserve muscle mass.
- Has coconut oil powder. Good fat source which helps slow casein protein breakdown.
- Contains stevia. Natural sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Low in fats, sodium, carbs, and sugar. All good.
- Good transparency. Manufacturer divulges all of the ingredient amounts.
- Decent taste. Many say it tastes good, while a few think otherwise.
- Good reputation. Comes with being a Kris Gethin bodybuilding product.
- Dirty ingredients. Contains carrageenan and sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda).
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 4-lb. (1.8-kg.) Container (46-Day Supply): $57.97
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN
We gave Kris Gethin’s post-workout supplement, KAGED MUSCLE RE-KAGED, high marks.
We’re doing the same for his casein powder product, KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN.
You can see for yourself the pros far, far outweigh the cons.
Having said that, we are confident this product will be a force in the industry.
If only Gethin and Co. can come up with an advanced formula with cleaner ingredients, that would be awesome.
We highly recommend you buy KAGED MUSCLE KASEIN and reap its benefits today.
- 8 kg. ↩