Intermittent fasting? Make things easier with MCT oil.
MCT oil is an incredible accessory to just about any diet or lifestyle.
Intermittent fasting is that latest buzzword in today’s health industry.
So let’s address both…
Essentially, intermittent fasting involves caloric restriction by consuming food within a certain time window.
Many swear by this method to shred the weight and boost longevity. However, it’s not as easy as it seems.
This is where MCTs, or Medium Chain Triglycerides can be used.
MCT oil can be taken during an intermittent fast to suppress the appetite and boost energy during hours of restricted feeding.
However, not any MCT oil is going to make a difference.
Which leads us to these questions:
- What is the best MCT oil for intermittent fasting?
- What benefit can MCT oil have on intermittent fasting?
We’ll answer these, and more, in this article.
What is Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting (IF) involves consuming food within a certain window.
A common method of modern eating, intermittent fasting has been found to:
- accelerate weight loss
- boost energy
- reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
Intermittent fasting doesn’t necessarily specify which foods you should eat, but when you should eat them.
There are a few different ways you can fast intermittently. These are the most popular methods:
- The 16/8 fast: Skipping breakfast and restricting the eating window to 8 hours. You can try fasting from 8pm until 12pm the next day.
- Eat-stop-eat: Fasting for a full 24-hour period once or twice a week.
- 5:2 method: Restricting calories to 500-600 on two non-consecutive days, then eating as normal for the remaining 5 days.
As intermittent fasting zones in on caloric reduction, you will have an energy deficit that will result weight loss as long as you don’t overeat on non-fasting hours.
The most popular method of intermittent fasting is the 16/8 method. It is the easiest to stick to and isn’t as difficult as other methods that require longer periods of fasting.
Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
If done correctly, intermittent fasting can have a multitude of health benefits:
- Weight loss: one of the most common reasons why people follow this eating pattern, intermittent fasting can help melt the fat off.
- Improving insulin sensitivity: Fasting can reduce insulin resistance, which can help reduce the risk of type two diabetes.
- Lower inflammation: Studies on intermittent fasting have shown reductions in inflammatory markers as a result of constricting calories within certain time windows.
- Improved heart health: Intermittent fasting has been shown to lower ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol and blood triglycerides, reducing the risk of heart diseases.
What is MCT oil
MCTs, or Medium Chain Triglycerides, are saturated fat molecules that are found at an abundance in palm kernel oil and coconut oil. Always look for an MCT oil that is extracted from non-GMO coconuts, as that is the best source. Palm kernel oil is not sustainable and is often cheaper with lower quality.
There are four types of MCT fractions. They are classified depending on the length of the carbon chain: C6 (Caproic Acid), C8 (Caprylic Acid), C10 (Capric Acid), and C12 (Lauric Acid).
High quality MCT supplements only use C8/C10 fractions, as they are the best for maximizing ketogenic potential and enhancing performance. It is suggested that C8/C10 are up to six times more ketogenic than C12.
Criteria for Ranking MCT Oil
To decide on the best MCT oil for intermittent fasting, the supplement had to tick these boxes:
- Ratio of MCT types: Certain MCT types are more efficient and bioavailable than others; namely C8/C10. The MCT oil must be specifically curated with just C8/C10 for optimal health benefits.
- Intermittent-fasting compatible: The MCT oil must be free from any ingredients that can break a fast.
- Quality: The supplement has to be sourced from non-GMO coconuts, with a clean manufacturing process to ensure the product is pure and free from contaminants.
- Therapeutic Dose: The MCT oil must provide an adequate dose of quality MCTs per teaspoon.
- Safety: The supplement must be safe and tested for long-term consumption.
- Purity: The MCT oil must be 100% clean, with no added ingredients or additives.
- Quality for price: The oil must be affordable, and the quality must match the price tag.
Best MCT Oil for Intermittent Fasting:
Performance Lab MCT
After researching all the MCT oil formulations available on the market, there was one that met all the criteria: Performance Lab® MCT.
Performance Lab® MCT ticks all the boxes and more.
With a perfectly curated MCT concentration, maximum purity and a large body of evidence supporting its benefits, this is the best MCT oil to use with intermittent fasting.
- Improved satiety
- Increased fat burn
- Improved energy
To Buy, Visit:
Sounds amazing, right?
Let’s discover why Performance Lab® MCT earned the #1 spot as best MCT oil for intermittent fasting.
Performance Lab MCT Formula
Performance Lab® MCT features C8 and C10 in the formula, which are the two most effective MCT types for intermittent fasting. Extracted from organic non-GMO coconuts, this MCT oil is specifically formulated at a 60:40 ratio of C8:C10.
Per teaspoon, the formula delivers:
- 130 calories
- 1g C8 (Caprylic Acid)
- 1g C10 (Capric Acid)
Benefits of Performance Lab MCT for Intermittent Fasting
A high-quality MCT oil can complement intermittent fasting to accelerate your health goals.
Performance Lab® MCT can have the following benefits when taken with intermittent fasting:
MCT oil has been shown to increase satiety. The fuller you feel, the less you will eat, the more you will burn. Thus, MCT oil is the perfect tool to prevent overeating during non-fasted hours.
Increased Fat Burn
MCTs prime the body to maximize fat burn by encouraging the breakdown of fat stores. By aiding the conversion of fat to fuel, MCT oil hits two birds with one stone: melting fat whilst increasing energy.
Prevent the brain fog and tiredness that may come with intermittent fasting using MCT oil. MCTs are rapidly digested to provide almost immediate energy to the body. As MCTs are absorbed as quickly as glucose, they can easily cross the blood-brain barrier to fuel the mind for peak cognitive power.
Standard MCT oil vs Performance Lab MCT: Key Differences
There are tons of MCT oil supplements out there making the same promise – so why did we choose Performance Lab® MCT versus other rival products?
MCT Formula Ratio: Standard MCT oils may be processed with higher ratios of cheap C12 and C6, rather than the desired C8/C10 fractions.
Performance Lab® MCT is formulated with nothing but C8/C10 MCTs for peak health benefits.
Purity: Cheaper MCT oils may be extracted from genetically modified sources, or unsustainable palm kernel oil. They may also have added ingredients and preservatives that are harmful to human health.
Performance Lab® MCT is 100% clean, using only organic non-GMO coconuts to refine the desired MCTs. You can be guaranteed 100% MCTs in every bottle, with no added unwanted ingredients to fill the bottle.
The oil is also triple-distilled for maximum crystal-clear purity and manufactured with ultramodern hexane-free technology for ultimate cleanliness.
Safety & Digestive Tolerability: Standard MCT oils that are formulated using C6/C12 types are likely to cause gastric distress, as they are not as digestible as C8/C10 types.
On the other hand, Performance Lab® MCT only contains rapidly-digested C8/C10 in the formula that is gentle on the stomach with no reported side-effects.
How To Use Performance Lab MCT During Intermittent Fasting
For regular users, Performance Lab® suggest mixing a teaspoon into your coffee, shakes, smoothies, drinks, dressings or sauces.
For intermittent fasting, we recommend the following routine with the addition of MCT oil:
8am: Drink a cup of coffee (no milk) with 1 teaspoon of MCT oil. If you do not like coffee, have a teaspoon of MCT oil on its own.
9am-11am: To boost results, go for a fasted workout shortly after you consume the coffee with MCT. This will provide an extra push of energy to enhance performance and endurance.
1pm: Break your fast with a healthy lunch and eat until 8pm.
8pm: Make sure you’ve had your last meal and fast until 1pm the following day.
By taking MCT oil in the morning with your coffee, it will prevent hunger pangs, increase satiety and stimulate fat burn until you are ready to break the fast. It will also provide energy by increasing the mitochondrial production of ATP, which can be used to fuel a fasted workout or a busy day at work.
Safety and Side Effects
Performance Lab® MCT can be taken by everyone, as it is a 100% natural supplement made from organic non-GMO coconuts. There are no additives, preservatives or unnecessary ingredients.
Although anyone can take MCTs, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or suffer from severe digestive issues, you should consult your healthcare practitioner before taking any MCT oil.
According to a large body of safety data, MCTs can safely be consumed with no side effects.
For individuals with sensitive digestion, taking any oil in condensed form may cause bloating and cramps. If it is your first time taking MCTs, it may be best to spread out the dose during the day to gently introduce it to the body.
Highlighting the key points of Performance Lab® MCT, here’s why you should add it to your intermittent fasting routine:
- Only formulated using beneficial C8/C10 fractions
- Flavor-neutral for versatile use
- Extracted from organic coconuts
- Triple distilled and carefully manufactured to maximize purity
- No added ingredients or preservatives
- Leak-proof bottle for convenience
- Can be stacked with other supplements to upgrade health benefits
- Can be used during IF without breaking the fast
- Can only purchase on the Performance Lab® website
- More pricy than other MCT oils, but the higher quality is worth the extra cost.
Adding a high quality MCT oil to your intermittent fasting regimen is definitely a great idea. MCTs can support fat burn, supercharge energy and promote mental performance by fuelling your mitochondria. Additionally, it can aid weight loss by improving satiety during your fast, so you are less likely to over-eat during non-fasted hours.
Performance Lab® MCT takes first place as best MCT oil for intermittent fasting. Performance Lab® MCT can also complement any lifestyle, which is why it was chosen as the best MCT oil of 2020.
To Buy Performance Lab MCT Oil, Visit:
Leave a Reply