If you’ve been considering a protein supplement which combines whey protein isolate (WPI) and micellar casein, NutraBio Muscle Matrix should be right up your alley. Its high-quality protein content should blow you away in this review.
About NutraBio Muscle Matrix
NutraBio Muscle Matrix is the “Four-Hour Complete Protein Matrix” and “the highest quality non-denatured protein that provides a perfect amino acid profile for optimum nitrogen retention, protein synthesis, and muscle growth,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- WPI and micellar casein combo. Increase muscle protein synthesis and wards off catabolism.
- Twenty-five grams of protein per scoop. At par with many top-notch protein supplements.
- High in calcium. Forty percent of the daily value.
NutraBio Muscle Matrix Supplement Facts (Chocolate Peanut Butter, 5 lbs.)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (31.89 grams)
Servings Per Container: 71.12
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||5|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||<1%*|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||<1%*|
|Whey Protein Isolate (non-denatured) (CFM cross flow micro and ultra-filtered WPI 90, Cold processed)(Instantized with sunflower lecithin. Yielding 10.81 g complete protein.)||16.31 g||†|
|Micellar Casein (non-denatured) (Cold processed. Intantized with sunflower lecithin. Yielding 10.81 g complete protein.)||13.68 g||†|
|Flavoring (natural flavor 750 mg, cocoa powder 750 mg, xanthan gum 210 mg, salt 110 mg, sucralose 80 mg)||1.90 g||†|
|Other Ingredients: ABSOLUTELY NONE.|
|Directions: Add 1 heaping scoop of Muscle Matrix with 6 ounces of cold water or beverage (milk, almond milk, rice milk, juice, etc.) and mix in a shaker cup. To make a creamy smoothie add 2-3 ice cubes and put in blender for 20-30 seconds. Vary the amount of liquid to meet your desired taste and consistency. Consume 1 scoop within 20 minutes after your workouts. Consume 1-3 servings daily as needed to satisfy your protein requirements. Do not use as a sole source of nutrition.|
The 4-Hour Complete Protein Matrix
If you’re into bodybuilding and strength training, a protein supplement is a must. It helps repair muscle tissue, grow muscle mass, and shorten recovery time.
No less than the American College of Sports Medicine’s official website says, “Several studies have demonstrated that protein ingestion following an acute bout of resistance training stimulates muscle protein synthesis for up to three hours.”
Well, we found a protein supplement which helps you remain in an anabolic or muscle-building state longer. Presenting NutraBio Muscle Matrix, the so-called “Four-Hour Complete Protein Matrix.”
“With each serving of NutraBio Muscle Matrix, you can be confident you are getting 25 grams of the cleanest, purest protein on the planet. Only the highest quality non-denatured protein that provides a perfect amino acid profile for optimum nitrogen retention, protein synthesis, and muscle growth,” per its official website.
This sounds enticing, at the very least. Twenty-five grams of high-quality protein per scoop is at par with those of many competitors. We’re sure that much will help you muscle up and meet your daily protein requirements.
We’ve seen some protein supplements which combine fast- and slow-absorbing protein for better results. MusclePharm Combat and Grenade Hydra 6 Protein quickly come to mind. We get the feeling NutraBio Muscle Matrix can give them a serious run for their money.
Whey Protein Isolate, 16.31 grams
Whey protein isolate (WPI) is the purer form of protein compared to whey protein concentrate (WPC). The former is at least 90 percent protein while the latter is roughly 80 percent protein. The manufacturer chose chose whey protein isolate for NutraBio Muscle Matrix.
When you consume this supplement, you feed your muscles with a rapid-absorbing kind of protein (which your muscles consume within a half hour or so) without the excess fats, lactose, and carbs.
The manufacturer’s website says WPI “can increase amino acid levels in systemic circulation and stimulate robust increases in protein synthesis.” It also says this kind of protein is “the perfect choice for low-carb dieters, lactose intolerant individuals, or athletes who want to get ripped while packing on muscle.”
We agree with the company. Since WPI has more protein gram-for-gram and less carbs and fats than WPC, it can support a low-carb nutrition plan and lean-muscle-building program. We’ve been saying that for quite some time.
In fact, the International Study of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism (via AcaiWhey.com.br) conducted a study in 2006. It revealed men who supplemented with WPI during a 10-week resistance training program “demonstrated a significantly greater gain in lean body mass and strength” compared to those who consumed just casein protein.
Plus, the WPI group “also experienced a significant decrease in fat mass” than its casein protein counterpart, per the same source. On that note, we’re confident you’ll reap the same benefits from NutraBio Muscle Matrix’s WPI component.
Micellar Casein, 13.68 grams
Casein is the dominant protein found in cow’s milk (it’s 80 percent casein and 20 percent whey). Because a casein protein molecule is much larger than its whey counterpart, your muscles absorb the former more slowly.
We’re talking about a seven- to eight-hour time frame here. With that in mind, casein protein is an excellent way to preserve hard-earned muscle mass.
Many bodybuilding enthusiasts combine casein with their regular whey protein supplement. They also consume casein an hour or so before bedtime so they can feed their muscles while they sleep.
A number of experts support the consumption of casein protein for athletes and active individuals. They believe “it may help support muscle growth and strength gains in weight-training programs,” per the University of Michigan Medical School’s official website.
The manufacturer uses micellar casein for NutraBio Muscle Matrix. It isolated this protein molecule from milk by filtration instead of heat. “This filtration method preserves the integrity of the structural integrity of the protein,” per the company’s website.
When this happens, “it also provides many biologically-active proteins that have direct immune and physiological benefits,” per the same source. Micellar casein is the best of its kind on the market. We’re glad it’s in NutraBio Muscle Matrix.
When you combine whey protein isolate and micellar casein, great things happen. NutraBio’s official website says, “The combination of the two means greater increases in lean muscle mass and shorter recovery times compared to when they are ingested separately.”
We agree with the manufacturer’s assessment. A protein supplement which can ramp up muscle protein synthesis and ward off catabolism is a tremendous asset to any fitness program. We’re certain NutraBio Muscle Matrix can exceed your lofty expectations.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 120: Most protein supplements contain 100 to 150 calories per serving. NutraBio Muscle Matrix is right on the industry average.
- Calories from fat, 5: NutraBio Muscle Matrix’s fat content is bordering on obsolete at just five calories per scoop.
- Total fat, 0.5 g: This protein supplement is not a significant source of fats at less than one percent of the daily value (a value of five percent at most is minuscule).
- Cholesterol, 10 mg: NutraBio Muscle Matrix is a low-cholesterol supplement at just three percent of the daily value.
- Total carbohydrate, 2 g: This product’s two grams of carbs per scoop represents less than one percent of the daily value. Long story short, it’s a low-carb supplement which complements your lean-muscle-building goals perfectly.
- Sugars, <1 g: We like the fact NutraBio Muscle Matrix has less than one gram of sugars per serving. However, we don’t like the inclusion of the artificial sweetener sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), which may increase weight gain.
- Protein, 25 g: Top-notch protein supplements such as EFX Sports Training Ground Isolate and Jay Robb Whey Protein have 25 grams of protein per serving. NutraBio Muscle Matrix has the same amount. However, its whey protein isolate and micellar casein combo gives it a distinct edge.
- Calcium, 395 g: Consider it a bonus when your protein powder supplies your body with a ton of calcium. That’s what exactly NutraBio Muscle Matrix does – its 40 percent of the daily value for calcium is one of the highest in the industry. We’re dead serious. This mineral helps strengthen bones, muscles, and nerves; boost heart health, regulate blood pressure levels, and ward off free radicals.
- Iron, 371 mcg: NutraBio MuscleMatrix is not a significant source of iron at just two percent of the daily value.
- Phosphorus, 173 mg: Aside from its superior calcium content, NutraBio Muscle Matrix also has 15 percent of the daily value for phosphorus. This mineral helps boost kidney and brain function, strengthen bones and teeth, regulate digestion, maintain energy flow, and keep fatigue at bay.
- Magnesium, 13 mg: NutraBio Muscle Matrix is not a significant source of magnesium at four percent of the daily value.
- Sodium, 95 mg: NutraBio Muscle Matrix is not a significant source of sodium at four percent of the daily value.
- Potassium, 130 mg: NutraBio Muscle Matrix is not a significant source of potassium at four percent of the daily value.
Let’s cut to the chase: NutraBio Muscle Matrix, the so-called “Four-Hour Complete Protein Matrix,” won’t disappoint. Its simple formula should help you conquer your fitness goals.
You can’t go wrong with 25 grams of whey protein isolate (WPI) and micellar casein per serving. Studies have proven the former, which is at least 90 percent protein, helps increase muscle protein synthesis.
Plus, WPI has lower fat, lactose, and carb content than its WPC counterpart. The former should complement your lean-muscle-building goals perfectly.
As for micellar casein, its the best kind of slow-digesting protein on the market. Its slow absorption properties help preserve muscle mass and keep catabolism at bay.
On that note, expect to remain in an anabolic state for at least four hours when you consume NutraBio Muscle Matrix. Not only is it a great go-to protein supplement after your workouts and during the day, but it’s also an awesome way to feed your muscles before bedtime.
NutraBio Muscle Matrix is also low in fats, cholesterol, and carbs. These are huge pluses for those who want to pack on some serious lean muscle mass, for sure.
This product’s high calcium content also leaped out at us. Like we said, not too many competitors can measure up to NutraBio Muscle Matrix’s impressive 40 percent of the daily value for this mineral. Expect stronger bones, improved cardiovascular function, and healthier blood pressure levels as a result.
The extra phosphorus content isn’t too shabby, either: we’re sure 15 percent of the daily value will help increase your energy levels and strengthen your bones.
We also give props to the manufacturer for excellent transparency – it reveals all of the ingredient amounts. You won’t find any shady proprietary blends in NutraBio Muscle Matrix. Thumps up.
Many customers have also raved about NutraBio Muscle Matrix’s taste. We agree with them. The taste is spot on. You simply have to try it.
Just about the only red flag we spotted was the inclusion of sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda). Experts have linked this artificial sweetener to weight gain. Stevia, a natural sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure levels, would have been the better alternative.
The bottom line: if you’ve long wanted to complement your whey protein supplement with casein protein, buy NutraBio Muscle Matrix. It’s two-in-one protein combo is a practical way of muscling up and achieving your fitness goals.
NutraBio Muscle Matrix Benefits
NutraBio Muscle Matrix has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps ward off catabolism by as long as four hours
- Boasts of an impressive amino acid profile
- Contains no whey protein concentrate, caseinate, or dairy creamers
- Contains no proprietary blends and protein spiking
- Features 55 percent WPI and 45 percent micellar casein
We agree with all of these claims. NutraBio Muscle Matrix is a solid protein supplement whose WPI and micellar casein combo can help you achieve your daily fitness goals.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended NutraBio MuscleMatrix for healthy and active individuals who want to increase muscle mass, meet their daily protein requirements, fill nutrition gaps, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
NutraBio Muscle Matrix contains 80 milligrams of sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda) per serving. Experts have linked this artificial sweetener to weight gain and the like.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying NutraBio Muscle Matrix.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
NutraBio Muscle Matrix Review Summary
- WPI and micellar casein combo. Increases muscle protein synthesis and wards off catabolism.
- Twenty-five grams of protein per scoop. At par with several top-notch protein supplements.
- High in calcium. Forty percent of the daily value.
- Solid phosphorus content. Fifteen percent of the daily value.
- Low in carbs, fats, and cholesterol. Huge pluses for any health-conscious individual.
- Great transparency. Manufacturer breaks down all of the ingredients. Thumbs up.
- Awesome taste. Customers say it’s easy on the taste buds. We agree.
- Flavor options. Comes in Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Vanilla, and Cookies and Cream versions.
- Has sucralose. Artificial sweetener which may increase weight gain. Thumbs down.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 two-lb. Container (28-Day Supply): $39.99
- 1 five-lb. Container (71-Day Supply): $79.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on NutraBio Muscle Matrix
The final say: NutraBio Muscle Matrix is a great and convenient way to get your fast- and slow-absorbing protein fix. Expect increased muscle mass and improved muscle preservation, among other things.
If the manufacturer can come up with an advanced version featuring stevia instead of sucralose, that’ll be great.
Nevertheless, we highly recommend you buy NutraBio Muscle Matrix and reap its enormous benefits today.
Leave a Reply