Protein supplement consumers are a lot smarter nowadays. They do a ton of research before sticking to a brand they trust. They want benefits without the B.S.
It just so happens that’s Do Vitamins WonderWhey’s battle cry.
Make no mistake about it. Many deceitful manufacturers exist. However, we’re also fortunate because there are trustworthy and clean products on the supplement store shelves. Start with grass-fed and organic whey protein, for instance.
That’s what this review is all about and much more.
About Do Vitamins WonderWhey
According to Do Vitamins, Wonder Whey “is the purest organic whey protein concentrate available.” The company emphasizes the sourcing of grass-fed Jersey cows bred in California. It takes pride in a whey protein product which has undergone minimal processing for more health benefits. Formula notes:
- Quality protein content. Twenty-four grams of grass-fed, organic whey protein concentrate.
- No fillers. Just clean and high-quality ingredients.
- Has only one flavor. Comes only in the Unflavored version.
Do Vitamins WonderWhey Supplement Facts (Unflavored, 2 lbs.)
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (30g)
Servings Per Container: 30 (60 Scoops)
Amount Per Serving %Daily Value †
|Calories From Fat||14|
|Total Fat||2g 3%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g 4%|
|Total Carbohydrate||3g 1%|
Ingredients: Organic Whey Protein Concentrate
Contains NO: yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, egg, shellfish, nuts, preservatives, or artificial sweeteners/colors/flavors.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, add 1-2 scoops to 8 oz. of water, milk, or your favorite juice or smoothie. Mix in a shaker bottle or blender.
Certified Organic Grass-Fed Whey for Big Benefits Without the B.S.
Let’s be honest here: There are hundreds of protein supplements which are trying to get your attention in one way or another.
Unfortunately, some of them cut corners in order to make an extra buck or two – fillers, proprietary blends, amino spiking, etc. It’s a dog-eat-dog world out there.
How about a No-B.S. supplement for a change?
Enter Do Vitamins WonderWhey, one of the purest protein supplements ever.
This product is one of the simplest we’ve ever come across. Let’s begin with the protein content – it has 24 grams of organic whey protein concentrate per serving (two scoops). That’s it. It’s Do Vitamins WonderWhey’s lone protein component.
Organic whey protein concentrate – whose quality is higher than regular whey – has the following health benefits:
- Increases muscle strength, endurance, and recovery
- Helps boost the immune system
- Helps increase energy levels
- Improves digestion
- Helps prevent cancer
In addition, organic whey protein concentrate has more minerals than its regular counterpart. Among these are phosphorus (helps boost brain health), magnesium (helps boost nervous system health), and calcium (helps maintain healthy bones and teeth).
High-quality whey protein concentrate is around 80 percent protein (whey protein isolates are at least 90 percent protein). It has a high amino acid content for more muscle mass and faster recovery. Plus, it is rapidly absorbed into your bloodstream (although not as fast as whey protein isolates and hydrolyzed whey protein).
Another major upside of whey protein concentrate is its high leucine content. Leucine is an amino acid which is a major player in the protein synthesis process. Simply put, the more leucine you consume, the higher your chances are of increasing muscle mass (combined with training, balanced nutrition and enough sleep, of course).
Whey protein concentrate’s leucine content (eight grams per 100-gram serving) trumps those of raw cheddar cheese (3.6 grams), lean beef (1.7 grams), and salmon (1.6 grams).
WPC, as it is also known, has a higher fat and carbohydrate content than WPI. It also has a higher lactose content, which may be of some concern to people who are lactose intolerant (check with your physician to be sure).
The major takeaway? Do Vitamins WonderWhey may have a solitary protein component in WPC, but it still packs a powerful punch. Plus, did we mention its organic whey protein concentrate content is grass-fed?
According to fitness experts, grass-fed whey can help optimize post-workout recovery as well as boost weight loss and the immune system. Far too few supplements today feature grass-fed whey. The good news is Do Vitamins WonderWhey is one of them. It’s enough reason for you to try it.
Honestly, Do Vitamins WonderWhey reminds us of Jay Robb Whey Protein – a major player in the supplement industry since 1988 – in terms of top-notch ingredients. It’s that good, folks.
As good as Do Vitamins WonderWhey’s organic whey protein concentrate component is, we got thrown off a bit because one scoop has only 12 grams of protein. Remember, you need two scoops in order to get the 24 grams of protein indicated on the ingredients list.
However, let’s look at the bright side here: To say Do Vitamins WonderWhey’s container is pretty big is an understatement.
Honestly, it’s one of the biggest two-lb. containers we’ve ever seen. Having said that, we’re confident it will last you longer than you expected.
Now, let’s look at the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 2 g: Great job on the part of the manufacturer in limiting the fat content to just two grams per serving. If you do the math, that means one scoop has just one gram of fat, a figure usually reserved for whey protein isolates.
- Cholesterol, 55 mg: At 17 percent the recommended daily value for cholesterol, it may be a tad bit high for some. If you’re trying to limit your cholesterol levels, limit yourself to one to two servings daily.
- Total carbohydrate, 3 g: Once again, we give props to the manufacturer to keeping carbs within a reasonable limit. Most protein powders have three grams of carbs per serving or so, so Do Vitamins WonderWhey is right on the industry average. We attribute most of the carb content to sugars, which is just two grams per serving. This bears repeating: Carbs aren’t the enemy. However, you don’t want too much of it in your protein supplement (unless you want post-workout carbs such as waxy maize or dextrose thrown in).
- Sodium, 40 mg: Do Vitamins WonderWhey® only has two percent the recommended daily value for sodium. It’s pretty safe for those with cardiovascular concerns.
- Potassium, 95 mg: We say this product’s potassium content is neither high nor too low. We feel the sodium-potassium ratio is just about right. That bodes well for your post-workout recovery, folks.
We can’t get enough about the protein content Do Vitamin WonderWhey offers: It’s grass-fed and organic. Plus, it has a ton of other health benefits and is certified organic by both Quality Assurance International and USDA.
What’s not to love?
Well, there’s the 12 grams of protein per scoop, for one. It takes two scoops to meet the 24 grams of protein on the ingredients label. However, the large – and we do mean LARGE – container helps offset this shortcoming.
Second, the product does not come cheap ($59.95 for a two-lb. container). We said it before, and we’ll say it again: You pay for quality. You may suffer a temporary dent in your wallet, but you’re doing your body a big favor.
We also noticed the manufacturer didn’t divulge the exact source for the product’s sugar content. Yes, it’s an unflavored supplement. However, the ingredients label does say it has two grams of sugar per serving.
It would have been a lot better if we knew what kind of sugar this product has, despite the manufacturer’s assurance it has no artificial flavors and sweeteners.
The company also assures us Do Vitamins WonderWhey has no soy, fillers, GMOs, fructose, sucralose, hormones, antibiotics, aspartame, preservatives, and acesulfame potassium.
They’re right. We didn’t find anything suspicious. No proprietary blends and fillers. No crappy ingredients. Awesome. Do Vitamins keeps things simple. Cheers to that.
Do Vitamins WonderWhey Benefits
According to the manufacturer, Do Vitamins WonderWhey is “better in supporting muscle growth, speeding workout recovery, and helping you reach your goal weight safely and healthily.”
We won’t argue with any of those points. We believe Do Vitamins backs up its claim – their whey protein product is one of the cleanest and simplest in the industry. In today’s age of proprietary blends, fillers, and amino spiking, that’s saying a lot. Believe us, folks.
Who Takes It?
Do Vitamins is for athletes and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase muscle growth, boost recovery, and meet their daily protein requirement.
Any Side Effects?
We’re happy to report Do Vitamins WonderWhey has no glaring side effects. However, the manufacturer warns those with existing medical conditions, pregnant women, and individuals younger than 18 years of age to take heed:
Do Vitamins WonderWhey Summary
- Quality protein content. Twenty-four grams of whey protein concentrate per serving.
- Grass-fed and organic. For more health benefits.
- No fillers and proprietary blends. Just clean ingredients all around.
- Large container. Should last longer than expected.
- Has only one flavor. Unflavored version is the only option for customers.
- Unknown sugar source. This, despite the manufacturer assuring there are no artificial ingredients.
- Expensive. $59.95 for a two-lb. container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 2-lb. container (30-Day Supply): $59.95
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Do Vitamins WonderWhey
Two words aptly describe Do Vitamins WonderWhey: Clean and simple. If we can only say the same thing about its competitors.
It’s rare for you to come across grass-fed and organic whey protein. If regular whey has lots of health benefits, organic, grass-fed whey has even more. It’s the main reason why you should not pass up on an opportunity to try Do Vitamins WonderWhey, a good addition to your supplement stack.
Does Do Vitamins WonderWhey deserve its monicker? Yes, it does. Give us benefits without the B.S. all day, every day.