Quick: Try to think of the catchiest protein blend name ever.
We know there’s just too many supplements out there worthy of that distinction. How about this one, folks: Magnum Quattro.
We’re aware it doesn’t sound like a protein blend name at all. The fact of the matter is (as ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith would put it) it is.
Here’s the kicker: It’s no ordinary protein blend… as you will find out in this review.
About Magnum Quattro
According to the manufacturer’s official website, Magnum Nutraceuticals Quattro is “The World’s Most Advanced Pharmaceutical Grade Protein Formula” which helps you build lean muscle and increase your metabolism.
- Thirty grams of protein per scoop. Helps build lean muscle mass.
- Four-Stage Matrix. Composed of whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate, micellar casein, and egg protein isolate.
- Expensive. $89.99 for a four lb container is definitely on the steep side, one of the higher prices in the world of protein products… for a reason.
Magnum Quattro Supplement Facts (Chocolate Love, 4 lbs.)
|Serving Size 1 Scoop (36 g)|
Servings Per Container: 51
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Calories from Fat||9||0%|
|Total Fat||1 g||1%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||1%|
|Vitamin A||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin C||0 mg||0%|
|Other Ingredients: Magnum Quattro™ 4-Stage Matrix (Whey Protein Isolate 90%+, Milk Protein Isolate 90%+, Micellar Casein 85%+, Egg Protein Isolate), Cocoa Powder, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xanthan, Sodium Chloride, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Flaxseed, Sucralose, Bromelain (Digestive Enzyme), Conjugated Linoleic Acid|
Contains: Milk, Egg
|Directions For Quattro: Take 1-2 servings (1 scoop per serving) 2-4 times per day mixed with 12-16 oz. of water.|
The World’s Most Advanced Pharmaceutical Grade Protein Formula
Today’s protein supplements names are getting catchier by the day.
If the likes of Arnold IRON WHEY, MyProtein Impact Whey Protein, Beast Sports Nutrition Beast Protein, KAGED MUSCLE RE-KAGED, and Universal Nutrition Animal Whey don’t get your attention, nothing will.
Enter Magnum Quattro.
We know: It doesn’t sound like a protein supplement name at all. It sounds more like a state-of-the-art mobile phone. Or a car. Wait, the magnum and quattro are both cars already, from Dodge and Audi, respectively. But I digress.
Seriously, try taking a hint from the product’s name, folks: According to the manufacturer, Magnum Quattro is “a 4-isolate, time released, smooth digesting protein.” The company also says it has no lactose, which is confusing since it also says it contains dairy in the form of milk.
But Magnum Quattro has healthy ingredients such as flaxseed to get you going, too.
Sounds interesting, to say the least.
Let’s start things off with the protein content.
Magnum Quattro has an impressive 30 grams of protein per scoop. Not even an industry leader such as Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey (24 grams per serving) has that much.
Magnum Quattro’s vaunted 4-Stage Matrix is comprised of essential protein forms for bodybuilders, athletes and other customers:
- Whey protein isolate
- Milk protein isolate
- Micellar casein
- Egg protein isolate
This is a top-notch blend which will help your body remain in an anabolic state for hours.
Whey protein isolate (WPI) is the purer form of protein compared to whey protein concentrate (WPC). The former has at least 90 percent while the latter has 80 percent at the most.
Magnum Quattro’s whey protein isolate component is low in carbs and fats, high in amino acids, and has no lactose content (which is perfect for lactose intolerant individuals).
The issue with WPI is its lack of beneficial ingredients such as immunoglobulins, which help boost the immune system. The microfiltration process WPI undergoes decreases them significantly.
Let’s not forget the cost – WPI is more expensive than WPC because of the additional processing it goes through.
Magnum Quattro also has micellar casein – the best kind of casein protein on the market known for its muscle-preserving benefits. This is the ingredient responsible for feeding your muscles for up to seven or eight hours, folks. Good stuff all around.
For our part, we rarely stumble upon a supplement which has whey protein, casein protein, and milk protein isolate as separate ingredients – manufacturers commonly prefer one over the other.
Not Magnum Nutraceuticals.
The company chooses to go the Golden Era of Bodybuilding route with milk protein isolate, which is composed of 80 percent casein protein and 20 percent whey protein. The guys from that era got terrific results with milk protein. We don’t see any reason why you can’t.
The manufacturer pulled out all the stops here. By including whey, casein, and milk protein, the company re-defines the word “anabolic” in a big way. We’re impressed.
In terms of your medium-absorbing protein, Magnum Quattro has you covered with its egg protein isolate ingredient. Bear in mind this is another valuable Golden Era muscle-builder, folks: Remember, Arnold and Co. chugged on shakes with milk, eggs, and honey to get their protein fix back in the day.
Egg protein packs a whopping 24 grams of protein per scoop. Not only that, it also supplies your body with good fats for better cardiovascular health. Awesome.
Magnum Quattro comes in five delicious flavors, with a fine powder that whips up into rich, smooth and creamy shakes:
- Chocolate Love: pretty solid Chocolate flavor. If you have conservative taste buds, this is the way to go. We feel this one gets a nine out of 10.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Addiction: who wouldn’t want a combination of chocolate and peanut butter for his or her protein shake? This flavor has gotten mixed reviews from customers. Those who don’t like it say it doesn’t come close to what it claims to be. Our take: We like it, but it’s not Magnum Quattro’s best flavor. Seven stars out of 10.
- Half-Baked Cookies N’ Cream: With so many Cookies N’ Cream protein supplement flavors, we hope this one stood out from the pack. It’s pretty good (as good as Chocolate Love), but it’s not enough to dethrone MusclePharm – the company which develops the best Cookies N’ Cream flavor. Nine stars out of 10.
- Pure & Simple: This is Magnum Quattro’s unflavored version, hence, the catchy name. We’ll grade this one on the basis of its versatility: It packs a mean protein punch and mixes well. It’s also a great cooking and baking ingredient. Nine stars out of 10.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Yummy. Tastes just like the real thing, folks. We feel this is Magnum Quattro’s best flavor, beating out Chocolate Love by a hair. Chugging on this after a hard workout like enjoying your favorite dessert. Seriously. We’re giving this 9.2 stars out of 10.
Now, let’s check out the other formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 1 g: We expected a supplement with different kinds of protein isolates to have this much fat – the microfiltration process dwindled it considerably. Having said that, Magnum Quattro is an excellent lean-muscle-building supplement.
- Cholesterol, 0 g: Wow. Just wow. We’ve seen far too many protein supplements whose cholesterol levels go through the roof. Magnum Quattro is a refreshing sight to see. Zero cholesterol, folks. It’s right up there with the likes of MyProtein Impact Whey Protein. Love it.
- Total carbohydrate, 0 g: We’re scatching our heads why the manufacturer did not indicate the amount of carbs on the Chocolate Love flavor. We took a hint from the zero percent daily value instead. One scoop of Magnum Quattro supplies you with one gram of dietary fiber coming from the digestive enzyme bromelain. This will assist in protein absorption. Magnum Quattro has only one gram of sugar per scoop.
- Calcium 150 mg: This product is a good source of calcium at 15 percent of the daily value. This mineral is vital in keeping your teeth, bones, and blood pressure levels healthy. Awesome.
- Iron, 1 mg: Magnum Quattro is not a significant source of iron at just two percent of the daily value. If you feel you need more, take an iron supplement instead.
- Sodium, 60 mg: We like the fact Magnum Quattro has only 60 milligrams of sodium per scoop. Far too many supplements have at least 150 milligrams per serving. Don’t get us wrong, folks. Sodium is imperative in helping you recover from a hard workout. However, too much of it may have a detrimental effect on your blood pressure.
- Potassium, 200 mg: This is a mineral which helps regulate blood pressure. Magnum Quattro is a good source of potassium at six percent the daily value. Nothing extreme here.
Based on protein content alone, we give Magnum Quattro a 10 out of 10. Check out its 30 grams of quality protein per serving.
We love its 4-Stage Matrix composed of whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate, micellar casein, and egg protein isolate. Just imagine 30 grams of this awesome protein blend seeping into your muscles, folks. By taking this supplement, working out religiously, eating right, and getting enough sleep, we’re confident your muscles will grow.
Another thing we like about Magnum Quattro (which has gone under the radar) is its throwback qualty: Its milk protein isolate and egg protein isolate bring you back to the Golden Era of bodybuilding. Like we said, if those guys got fantastic results, you can, too.
Think about it: They got by with just milk, eggs, and honey for their protein shakes. Magnum Quattro also has WPI and micellar casein for good measure. Those guys must be envious.
There’s also so many good things going on with Magnum Quattro: It is low in calories, fats, cholesterol, carbs, and sodium. How many supplement manufacturers overlook these things? Way too many, in our opinion.
Aside from its high protein content and lean-muscle building benefits, Magnum Quattro is a good source of calcium (15 percent the daily value).
It doesn’t stop there, folks.
This protein supplement also has organic flaxseed powder – an impressive source of omega fatty acids. These help boost your cardiovascular health, too. Do not overlook the importance of good fats in your nutrition. When you consume Magnum Nutraceuticals Quattro, your heart also reaps its benefits.
Just so you know, bodybuilders from the Golden Era fortified their shakes with flaxseed oil powder. They knew consuming good fats helps increase muscle mass because it supports hormone balance and recovery from a hard training session. Our advice: please take their word for it.
On the other hand, Magnum Nutraceuticals displays good transparency. Most of the ingredients are taken into account (except for the missing carbohydrate total, which we already mentioned). There are no fillers and proprietary blends whatsoever. Awesome.
Red flags? We found none. Magnum Nutraceuticals Quattro is one of the cleanest protein products on the market today. No questions asked.
In fact, it’s one of the best of its kind. Just about the only downside is its high price ($89.99 for a four-lb. container).
Magnum Quattro Benefits
The manufacturer’s official website enumerates Magnum Quattro’s numerous benefits:
- Thirty grams of top-notch protein per scoop
- Quality, pharmaceutical-grade ingredients
- Uses isolate proteins for better absorption and digestion
- Added flaxseed for good cardiovascular health
- Helps give sustained energy and increase metabolism
Throw in Magnum Quattro’s extra calcium content and low-fat, low-carb, low-sodium, and low-cholesterol attributes, you get one powerhouse supplement worth adding to your stack, folks. And don’t forget its smooth texture and time release protein support.
Who Takes It?
According to the manufacturer, Magnum Nutraceuticals Quattro is ideal for healthy and active individuals who are at least 16 years of age and are trying to build muscle, lose fat, and “has a less-than-perfect diet.”
Any Side Effects?
With all of the positive qualities of Magnum Quattro, we spotted no glaring side effects. Simply awesome.
However, Magnum Nutraceuticals warns people who are under 16 years of age, pregnant women, and individuals with an existing medical condition to take heed:
Magnum Quattro Summary
- Thirty grams of quality protein per scoop. For building lean muscle mass.
- Quality four-stage matrix. Composed of WPI, milk protein isolate, micellar casein, and egg protein isolate.
- Low in calories, carbs, fats, sodium, and cholesterol. Awesome.
- Good source of calcium. Fifteen percent of the daily value for this mineral.
- Has organic flaxseed powder. Helps boost cardiovascular health.
- Has bromelain. Enzyme which is a by-product of pineapple, helps with digesting.
- Expensive. $89.99 for a four-lb. container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 two pound container (27-Day Supply): $49.99
- 1 four lb container (51-Day Supply): $89.99
- Available to buy online (inc. Amazon) and in retail store locations
Final Word on Magnum Quattro
It’s safe to say we’ve stumbled upon one of the best protein blends ever in Magnum Quattro.
We dare you to find anything wrong with this top-notch, premium quality protein powder supplement. It has everything you could possibly want if you want to build lean muscle mass: High protein content, low carbs, low cholesterol, etc. We could go on and on.
Since this is a protein isolate supplement, it is pricey. Is it worth it? You bet it is.