Hey, how about trying a supplement which offers you great protein content and an awesome testosterone boost?
We’re not kidding.
MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER offers you both benefits and then some, folks.
For starters, this product has a solid 30 grams of protein per serving.
That’s only the beginning – wait until you check out the rest of the ingredients. They’ll blow you away.
We never exaggerate in our reviews. We just call it as we see it.
About MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER
MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER is “The Ultimate Muscle-Amplifying Protein,” per the manufacturer’s official website. Formula notes:
- Thirty grams of protein per serving. Easily trumps those of many competitors.
- 7.4 grams of BCAAs per serving. See previous comment.
- Test Support Complex. Has testosterone-boosting components for increased muscle mass and strength.
MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER Supplement Facts (Triple Chocolate Supreme, 1.8 kg. 1)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (48 g)|
Servings Per Container: Approx. 38
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3.5 g||5%*|
|Saturated Fat||2 g||10%*|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%*|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%*|
|L-Leucine (as Whey Protein, L-Leucine)||4 g||†|
|L-Isoleucine (as Whey Protein, L- Isoleucine)||1.7 g||†|
|L-Valine (as Whey Protein, L-Valine)||1.7 g||†|
|Muscle Growth and Recovery Complex|
|Creatine Monohydrate||3 g||†|
|Betaine Anhydrous||1.25 g||†|
|Tart Cherry Concentrate (as Prunus cerasus) (fruit juice)||240 mg||†|
|Test Support Complex|
|Boron Citrate||100 mg||†|
|Supplying 5% boron|
|Fenugreek (as Trigonella foenum- graecum)(seed)||100 mg||†|
|Other Ingredients: Multi-Phase Protein + Blend (Whey Peptides, Whey Protein Isolate 97%, Whey Protein Isolate, Medium Chain Triglycerides), Cocoa Powder (Processed with Alkali), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Salt, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Acesulfame-Potassium, Soy, or Sunflower Lecithin|
|Directions For NITRO-TECH Power: Mix 1 serving (1 scoop) with 8 oz. of water daily. For full effects, mix 2 servings (2 scoops) with 16 oz. of water. Maintain an adequate state of hydration during use.|
The Ultimate Muscle-Amplifying Protein
We’ve gone over several MuscleTech bodybuilding protein supplements before.
First up was MuscleTech NITRO-TECH, which the manufacturer dubbed “The Most Powerful Protein Formula Ever Developed.”
Yes, it’s powerful. However, it’s not one of the cleanest protein powders we’ve come across.
Most recently, we also graded MuscleTech NITRO-TECH CRUNCH, a protein bar version of MuscleTech NITRO-TECH.
Even though we gave it a decent grade, we felt it’s an overrated product. It has far too many dirty ingredients for our liking.
It seems MuscleTech has become synonymous with fillers nowadays. That’s sad. The company is one of the most popular bodybuilding supplement manufacturers in the world.
We’re hoping the trend ends with MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER.
The folks at MuscleTech dub this one “The Ultimate Muscle-Amplifying Protein,” per their official website.
“NITRO-TECH POWER contains several key ingredients shown in multiple clinical studies to help you pack on more muscle than ever,” per the same source.
Okay, just about every manufacturer has that claim. We’re interested in finding out what sets this product apart from the rest of the field.
How about a solid 30 grams of protein per serving to start things off?
Many protein supplements have between 20 to 25 grams of protein per scoop. This one goes the extra mile.
We’re confident this product’s protein content will help you build lean muscle mass and meet your daily protein requirement.
MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER’s Multi-Phase Protein + Blend has four components:
- Whey peptides – “Powerful source of amino acids derived from much longer whey protein molecules,” per MuscleTech’s official website. Whey peptides have one of the highest biological values among protein sources, which makes them an ideal go-to after a tough workout.
- Whey protein isolate 97 percent– Also known as WPI, this form of whey protein is made up of at least 90 to 95 percent protein. MuscleTech raises the bar, as its WPI content is 97 percent protein. Whey protein isolate has less carbs and fats than its whey protein concentrate (WPC) counterpart.
- Whey protein isolate – Manufacturer mentions whey protein isolate twice. This is presumably the kind of WPI with a lower protein percentage than the preceding ingredient.
- Medium-chain triglycerides – a form of healthy dietary fat which is low in calories. Also known as MCTs, they help boost fat loss, suppress appetite, boost heart health, and regulate the immune system.
In addition, the manufacturer says this product’s whey protein “has been filtered using Multi-Phase Filtration Technology for less fat, lactose, and impurities than cheaper protein sources.”
Plus, it is “manufactured according to cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) standards” to ensure high-quality protein, per the same source.
We say MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER’s Multi-Phase Protein + Blend is top-notch – you not only get to build and repair muscle, you also get extra health benefits as well.
If a protein supplement has “cGMP” written on it, it’s worthy of your consideration.
Here’s the good news, folks: MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER’s awesome protein content is just the tip of the iceberg.
In fact, the whey protein isolate and whey peptide components are just one part of its 6-in-1 Supercharged Whey Peptide + Formula.
Its additional muscle-building ingredients are clearly its selling point.
The next key ingredient is 7.4 grams of branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) sourced from whey protein per serving (14.8 grams per two scoops).
Clearly, MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER trumps the likes of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey (5.5 grams of BCAAs per serving) in this regard.
That’s making a resounding statement, folks.
If you’ve seen some of our BCAA reviews, you now branch-chained amino acids have plenty of health benefits:
- Help boost protein synthesis
- Preserve muscle
- Torch fat
- May increase strength
- Ward off muscle fatigue and soreness
- Boost long-term health
With an awesome 7.4 grams of BCAAs per serving, MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER is sure to give you all of these benefits.
In addition, we also love the four grams of leucine per scoop.
This is known as the most anabolic amino acid because it kickstarts the muscle protein synthesis process. Five grams of leucine per serving is the optimal amount in many bodybuilding supplements.
Four grams per scoop isn’t too shabby, is it?
That much will help you build lean muscle mass for sure.
Next up are 1.25 grams of betaine anhydrous per serving.
This ingredient is the first component of this product’s Muscle Growth and Recovery Complex.
It helps increase strength and lean muscle mass, per the manufacturer’s official website.
In fact, the company cites a study from the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition which says test subjects gained an incredible 3.75 lbs. of muscle mass in six weeks with betaine supplementation.
Well, we agree wholeheartedly.
A good number of the post-workout supplements we’ve reviewed have betaine anhydrous. Trust us. Betaine anhydrous works.
MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER also has three grams of creatine monohydrate per serving.
Just like BCAAs, creatine has several important benefits:
- Helps increase muscle mass and strength
- Improves athletic performance
- Increases muscle pumps
- Delays the onset of fatigue
- Helps jack up one’s metabolic rate
Plus, creatine monohydrate is the most effective and cheapest form of creatine on the market.
While three grams per serving is not the optimal amount (five grams per serving is), it will make a difference.
The third and final ingredient of the Muscle Growth and Recovery Complex is 240 milligrams of tart cherry concentrate per serving.
The company says this ingredient helps “improve recovery through the reduction of muscle soreness post-exercise,” per its official website.
In fact, it cites a study from the British Journal of Sports Medicine as hard evidence.
Not too many protein supplements have tart cherry concentrate. We think it’s a great inclusion because of its taste and post-workout benefits.
When you harness the powers of BCAAs and tart cherry concentrate in combating post-workout soreness, you get good results. Period.
We’re glad MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER has both of them.
On a different note, this supplement’s Test Support Complex makes it more unique.
This complex is made up of 100 milligrams each of boron citrate and fenugreek per serving.
The former helps maintain a healthy estrogen-to-testosterone balance, per the Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology (via MuscleTech’s official website).
As for fenugreek, it’s an herb and legume which also helps increase testosterone levels and strength. Plus, some studies suggest it improves sexual function.
Bottom line: increased testosterone levels result in more strength and muscle mass. Consider the increased libido a bonus.
So, when you supplement with MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER, it’s like consuming a protein supplement and t-booster at the same time.
We think that’s fantastic not just for your fitness goals, but your wallet as well – you don’t have to buy two separate bodybuilding supplements.
Looks like MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER is shaping up to be one of the manufacturer’s best – if not the best – protein supplements.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 170: Many protein supplements have 150 calories per serving or so. MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER’s calorie content is slightly above this average. However, it won’t compromise your nutrition plan in any way. In fact, it should complement it.
- Calories from fat, 30: This product doesn’t have an insanely high fat content. Only 30 calories come from fats.
- Total fat, 3.5 g: Need proof? MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER has just five percent of the daily value for fats (anything less than five percent is low).
- Saturated fat, 2 g: This supplement’s saturated fat content is slightly high at 10 percent of the daily value. However, it doesn’t go overboard (anything more than 15 percent is high).
- Cholesterol, 90 mg: Now, it gets tricky, folks. MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER has high cholesterol content at 30 percent of the daily value. If you’re monitoring your cholesterol intake, it’s best to skip this product.
- Total carbohydrate, 4 g: This product has low carb content at a paltry one percent of the daily value. That should help complement your low-carb nutrition plan and lean-muscle-building goals.
- Dietary fiber, 1 g: MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER is not a significant source of dietary fiber at just four percent of the daily value.
- Sugars, 2 g: It’s neither a high-sugar supplement at just two grams per serving. Unfortunately, MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener with several side effects. Bummer.
- Protein, 30 g: This supplement’s protein content is exceptional at an amazing 60 percent of the daily value. Get ready for more muscle growth, folks.
- Calcium, 210 mg: MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER’s calcium content is an awesome bonus (21 percent of the daily value). It should help boost bone and dental health and regulate blood pressure levels. Awesome.
- Iron, .96 mg: MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER is not a significant source of iron at just five percent of the daily value.
- Sodium, 140 mg: Far too many bodybuilding supplement manufacturers go overboard on their sodium content. Sure, it helps prevent muscle cramping, regulate fluid balance, and maintain optimal nerve and muscle function, but too much of it may compromise your blood pressure levels. This product’s six percent of the daily value for sodium won’t (although it’s better for those monitoring their sodium intake to go for a supplement which has five percent or less the daily value for sodium).
- L-leucine, 4 g: The most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart protein synthesis for muscle growth. We feel four grams per serving will help you reap that benefit and then some.
- L-Isoleucine, 1.7 g: The BCAA which helps regulate blood sugar levels, increase energy, shorten recovery time, and maintain a positive nitrogen balance for more muscle growth.
- L-valine, 1.7 g: The BCAA which helps regulate the immune system, repair muscle tissue, and increase endurance levels.
- Creatine monohydrate, 3 g: The most effective and cheapest form of creatine on the market. Three grams per serving will help you increase muscle mass, muscle pumps, and strength; improve athletic performance, and jack up your metabolic rate.
- Betaine anhydrous, 1.25 g: A popular post-workout ingredient which helps increase lean muscle mass and strength. It’s a great complement to MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER’s creatine monohydrate component. Trust us, folks.
- Tart cherry concentrate (as Prunus cerasus)(fruit), 240 mg: Who would’ve thought this delicious fruit can help keep post-exercise soreness at bay? It’s a great inclusion. No doubt about it.
- Boron citrate, 100 mg: Experts believe boron is a great way to ramp up testosterone levels for increased muscle mass and strength. We will not dispute that. We’re glad it’s in MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER.
- Fenugreek (as Trigonella foenumgraecum)(seed), 100 mg: An ingredient which increases testosterone levels and strength. It also helps improve sexual function.
We’ve laid out the facts, folks. Has MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER blown you away yet?
We’ll say this, folks: it’s not a perfect product, but it’s the most impressive protein supplement we’ve seen roll out of the MuscleTech laboratory so far.
Like we said, 30 grams of protein per serving (equal to 60 percent of the daily value)is just the appetizer.
We think the components of the Multi-Phase Protein + Blend are impressive. Where else can you find whey which is 97 percent protein?
If that won’t make your muscles grow, we don’t know what will.
The fact MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER’s protein component has gone through a Multi-Phase Filtration Technology and complied with cGMP standards is awesome.
We also like the inclusion of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which help improve cardiovascular and immune system health. They also help torch fat.
We give props to the manufacturer for including a fantastic 7.4 grams of branch-chained amino acids (sourced from whey protein) per serving.
This much leaves the likes of big-name competitors such as Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey (5.5 grams of BCAAs per serving) biting its dust.
More importantly, both MCTs and BCAAs help shore up long-term health. That’s awesome, to say the least.
Throw in four grams of leucine, three grams of creatine monohydrate, and 1.25 grams of betaine anhydrous per scoop, you get a great muscle-building and strength-enhancing recipe.
Believe it, folks.
The tart cherry concentrate is also a nice touch. We’re sure it will help keep post-exercise muscle soreness at bay, like the manufacturer pointed out.
As for the Test Support Complex comprised of boron citrate and fenugreek?
We think it’s an unbelievable addition.
This complex is sure to help ramp up your testosterone levels for more muscle mass and increased strength.
It’s also practical: when you purchase MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER, it’s like you’re supplementing with a protein supplement and a testosterone booster.
Great for the muscles, easy on the wallet. Hey, what else could be better than that?
We also love the extra calcium dose (21 percent of the daily value). Many protein supplements have insignificant amounts of calcium.
Not MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER.
Its calcium content will help boost bone and teeth health. It will also help regulate blood pressure levels.
We also tip our hat off to the folks at MuscleTech for divulging all of the ingredient amounts. For that, we give them an A for transparency.
Now for the drawbacks.
The first red flag we spotted was the high cholesterol content (30 percent of the daily value). For that, those who are monitoring their cholesterol intake are better off trying a different protein supplement.
Finally, MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER has two dirty ingredients in carrageenan and sucralose.
According to a report from the Cornucopia Institute, carrageenan is a food additive which causes prolonged inflammation. The institute also linked it to carcinogenicity.
As for sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), we already mentioned its side effects.
Bottom line: try staying away from all kinds of artificial sweeteners. Go for natural ones such as stevia or monk fruit extract instead.
Finally, customers have given the taste mixed reviews. However, those who are critical of the taste are in the minority.
All in All, MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER’s pros still outweigh the cons.
MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER Benefits
MuscleTech NITRO-TECH has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps increase muscle mass and strength
- Improves performance
- Shortens recovery time
- Helps increase testosterone levels
We agree with all of these claims. MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER is a unique protein supplement which can help you achieve your fitness goals and then some.
Who Takes It?
MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase muscle mass and strength, boost performance, shorten recovery time, increase testosterone levels, and achieve their daily fitness goals
Any Side Effects?
MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER has high cholesterol content (30 percent of the daily value). Individuals who are monitoring their cholesterol intake are better off purchasing a different protein supplement.
This product also has two ingredients with side effects (carrageenan and sucralose).
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER Summary
- Thirty grams of protein per serving. Ensures lean muscle growth.
- 7.4 grams of BCAAs per scoop. Trumps those of big-name competitors.
- Four grams of leucine per serving. The most anabolic amino acid.
- Three grams of creatine monohydrate per scoop. Not optimal, but will go a long way.
- Has betaine anhydrous. For increased strength and muscle mass.
- Tart cherry concentrate. Helps ward off post-exercise muscle soreness.
- Test Support Complex. Ramps up testosterone levels for increased strength and muscle mass.
- Extra dose of calcium. Equal to 21 percent of the daily value.
- Great transparency. No shady proprietary blends. Bravo.
- Good reputation. Customers have given it high marks online.
- High in cholesterol. Equal to 30 percent of the daily value.
- Dirty ingredients. Has carrageenan and sucralose. Boo.
- Taste. Has gotten some mixed reviews from customers.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 907-gram Container (19-Day Supply): $34.95
- 1 1.8-kilogram Container (38-Day Supply): $59.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER
While MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER has several flaws, it’s still the best protein supplement this company has manufactured to date.
How does 30 grams of protein per serving grab you?
The inclusions of creatine monohydrate, four grams of leucine per scoop, betaine anhydrous, boron citrate, and fenugreek are too good to pass up.
If only the manufacturer can come up with an advanced and cleaner formula, that would be great.
For now, we recommend you buy MuscleTech NITRO-TECH POWER. We’re confident it will make a difference.
- 96 lbs. ↩