Doing cardio is considered either a noob thing or an elite thing. I guess it all depends on who’s doing it and for what. If your cardio is for weight loss, it’s a noob move. If your cardio is for a boxing match, holyshit may I have your autograph?!
Seriously though, cardio is often frowned upon the world of weight lifting and fitness but NDS thinks “Cardio is Sexy!” and so they formulated a supplement called Cardio Cuts.
What we have here looks to be the second version of Cardio Cuts and is aptly attached with a “2.0” label. Sounds futuristic and innovative kinda like the whole “Web 2.0” thing back in the early 2000’s.
But can Cardio Cuts 2.0 make the cut? Let’s find out!
About Cardio Cuts 2.0
We got around 34 ingredients here not counting the vitamins and minerals. They also include some ingredients that companies don’t really put in a fat burner like CoQ10 and ALA. The dosing looks decent at first glance but 34 ingredients is a lot so we’ll see how they balance it all out. Formula notes:
- Five flavors. Grape, Green Apple, Peach Mango, Razz Lemonade, and the ubiquitous Strawberry.
- Long stack. Crazy list they got here!
- Blendception. There’s a big blend, four sub blends, and more blends under sub blends.
NDS Cardio Cuts 2.0 Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1-2 Scoops (6-12g)
Servings Per Container: 20-40
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)||800 IU|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)||10 mg|
|Folate (as folic acid)||400 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||60 mcg|
|Calcium (as calcium citrate and silicate)||132 mg|
|Magnesium (as aspartate)||50 mg|
|CARDIO CUTS® CROSS/OVER BLEND:||7685 mg|
|THYRO-LEAN BLEND [Inches]
Tone Tight Complex
Carnitine Complex [L-Carnitine, N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCl](1,000 mg), Conjugated Linoleic Acid Powder (Derived from Safflower Oil)(500 mg), Medium Chain Triglyceride Powder (500 mg)
Kelp, L-Tyrosine, Gum Guggul Ext.
|LEAN-PUMP RECOVERY BLEND
Beta-Alanine (Carnosyn®)(1000 mg), Taurine, L-Glutamine, L-Glutamine AKG, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Valine, Glycerol, Bis Picolinato Oxo Vanadium, Ribose® (D-Ribose)
L-Arginine, L-Arginine AKG 2:1
|THERMO-OUTPUT BLEND [POUNDS]
N-Acetyl Cysteine, Alpha Lipoic Acid (100 mg) Coenzyme Q10, Polygonum cuspidatum 20% Resveratrol, Grape (Vitris vinifera) Seed ext., Folic Acid, Pine (Pinus pinaster) Bark Ext.
Caffeine (Anhydrous, Natural from Coffee Bean), Raspberry Ketones (100 mg), Amla (Phyllanthus emblica)(Fruit) Ext., Citrus aurantium Ext. (Std. to P-Synephrine)(KINETIQTM), Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) Seed Ext. (NeluleanTM), Phosphatidyl Serine, Guarana (Paulinia cupana) seed Ext.
|NATURAL HEALTH BLEND
Calcium Citrate, Magnesium Aspartate, Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B6), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12)
|Other Ingredients: Malic Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Maltodextrin, Calcium Silicate, Sucralose, Silica, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Red 40. Gluten free.|
|Directions for use:
For Pre-Cardio/Workout: Mix 1 scoop with 8–12 oz. or 2 scoops with 16–24 oz. of cold water (adjust to taste) 30 minutes before your workout.
For Weight Loss and Pre-Cardio/Workout: Mix 1 scoop with 8–12 oz. of cold water (adjust to taste) 30 minutes before your workout, then a 2nd scoop 4 hours later.
For Weight Loss: Mix 1 scoop with 8–12 oz. of cold water (adjust to taste) with breakfast, then a 2nd scoop with lunch.
To avoid sleeplessness, do not take within 6 hours of bedtime. Do not exceed recommended dose. Do not take more than 2 scoops in a 24-hour period. Due to the efficacious levels of CLA and MCT oils present in Cardio Cuts®, separation may occur after mixing. Mix well and drink shortly thereafter. Consume a minimum 125 fl. oz. of water per day while taking this product. To be used as part of a physical conditioning program.
CARDIO CUTS 2.0 needs to cut a lot of things here.
We usually don’t call supplements out on having too many ingredients this early on but a closer inspection will make you question the whole formula. I mean, 34 ingredients and some of them require big doses. How do you expect them to do anything with one serving? We also see some balancing issues in the structure but we’ll judge that later. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
Tone Tight Complex, 2000 mg
- Carnitine Complex. This is made up of L-carnitine and N-Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR). These two ingredients are capable of funneling fatty acids into the mitochondria (you know, the powerhouse of the cell), where they are burned up for energy. ALCAR in particular also moonlights as a nootropic. At 1000 mg, we’re sure they got even doses and those are good enough in the context of a blend.
- CLA. CLA is one of the best fat burning ingredients because it can attack weight loss in a lot of angles. It can boost thermogenesis, manage appetite, and even help you reveal your muscles more by increasing basal metabolic rate. At 500 mg, it’s sparse since it requires a few grams to work its magic but we believe the blend has synergy to it so we’re optimistic for now.
- MCT Powder. MCTs are fatty acids known for getting the body to burn stored fat almost immediately. They also have other benefits but we see their purpose here as clearly for fat burning and nothing more. They’re in powder form, though, so we’re not entirely sure if they’re as good as the natural oil form.
Thyro Support Complex, 500 mg
- Kelp. It’s said to help suppress appetite at 400 mg. Not sure if we get even half that. For thyroid, we also believe it to be effective at around the same dosage as an appetite suppressant since Kelp isn’t exactly potent as a thyroid-tweaker.
- Tyrosine. Works as a thyroid enhancer but dosage is so-so.
- Gum Guggul. reduce overall cholesterolKnown for the compound called gugglsterone (yeah, it’s a real name) which is known to . It’s good for the heart but not so sure about fat burning.
Endu-Recover Complex, 2420 mg
- Beta-Alanine. We consider this as a toptier preworkout when it comes performance and recovery. At 1000 mg it’s bare but again, synergy matters.
- Taurine. This ingredient draws water into muscles for pumps and hydration. Hydrated muscles are capable of better performance and recovery.
- Glutamine and Glutamine AKG. Two forms of glutamine but with one purpose: Improve recovery and reduce muscle soreness.
- Histidine. Supports carnosine levels in the body together with beta alanine.
- Isoleucine, Leucine, Valine. These are BCAAs which all serve to again boost muscle recovery. They play a role in protein synthesis, nitrogen balance, and muscle metabolism.
- Glycerol. Glycerol is technically muscle water or at least a compound that draws water into muscles for better hydration.
- Vanadium. Vanadium is used to help improve insulin sensitivity which makes this a nutrient catered towards diabetics.
- D-Ribose®. It seems to be a patented version of Ribose which plays a role in ATP synthesis.
Vaso-Lean Complex, 1000 mg
- Arginine and Arginine AKG. These ingredients are known for pumps and performance although we wonder why didn’t they just use 100% AKG instead. The dosage is weak but it’s not the main highlight of the blend.
Rejuvenation Complex, 615 mg
- N-Acestyl Cysteine. An amino acid that produces glutathione, one of the body’s best antioxidants.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid. Considered a universal antioxidant, at 100 mg, ALA looks too small to work
- Coenzyme Q10. A REALLY helpful ingredient, CoQ10 directly sparks cellular energy in the mitochondria and just outright gives your body a good boost in just about everything it does. We’re not sure about the dose but if it’s 100 mg then it might do something.
- Resveratrol. It’s an antioxidant found largely in red wine. It has blood flow benefits but most people buy this for the so-called anti-aging benefits. Well, it’s an antioxidant but we’re not sure about the anti-aging part.
- Grape Seed extract. Known for polyphenols, it also helps balance free radicals which helps prevent aging.
- Folic Acid. Well, this is iron. Duh.
- Pine bark extract. A super potent antioxidant which also has anti-aging and heart health.
Thermo-Cardio Complex, 480 mg
- Caffeine. Our #2 best fat burner winds up down here. We assume it has a decent dosage, being on top and all.
- Raspberry Ketones. The deal with raspberry ketones is it works on your metabolism but the 100 mg is really, really small.
- Amla. Not a fat burner but great for stress and blood glucose.
- Synephrine. Oh! A potent fat burner that tweaks with your fat burning hormones and just makes them burn fat better.
- Lotus. It’s purpose in most supplements is to improve mood and blood sugar levels. Well, it’s for cardio so it must be good(?)
- Phosphatidyl Serine. Our #2 nootropic made it here (somehow). It’s great for mood enhancement but also works by just being a great brain booster. Why it is here we don’t know too.
- Guarana. Known for a slow-release caffeine ingredient but the dosage looks miniscule for it to work as written.
Natural Health Blend, 670 mg
This is your basic vitamin blend composed of calcium, magnesium, vitamins B6 and B12, and vitamin D. What makes us like this is how each vitamin are on their most bioavailable form. Yay for premium vitamins.
Now THAT is a tiring list to make. We got 34 ingredients outside of the vitamins and minerals and that is A LOT for a fat burner. Then again, it has some preworkout magic added in the mix too so that’s a good reason for it.
Let’s start with the actual fat burning blends first. The Tone Tight Complex actually looks competent with their Carnitine Complex, CLA, and MCT doses. They may not be red hot fat burners but these are all known for giving you a holistic burn. Thyro-Support Complex is a simple blend, nothing fancy, and we’re also unsure if it’ll work the way it’s supposed to work given the rather minimal dosage. Thermo-Cardio Complex seems to be only good with Caffeine and Synephrine and the rest seem like “just for show” additions.
Now for the rest of the blends.
The Endu-Recover Complex looks underdosed since beta alanine and glutamine need A LOT of milligrams to get a good effect on your body. The BCAAS may not even be felt to be honest. The Vaso-Lean (a play on vaseline?) Complex is really minimal at most but it should do something.
The Rejuvenation Complex and Natural Health Blend may look underdosed but the ingredients added there don’t really make use of a lot of milligrams to begin with. But they’re not adequately dosed either, they fall between “just okay” and “will work a little bit”. There really isn’t much to say about these blends except they’re good for general health and wellness. The question is: Should the dosing here better off with the other blends? We think so.
Come on, people don’t buy fat burners for the vitamins or “beauty” blends. They buy things for the BURN. The preworkout angle is understandable but “rejuvenation” and “natural health”?
The two blends make up roughly 1.7 g of weight. You can add that to any of the other blends and the supplement becomes instantly better. We don’t even know why they bothered with the other two given people who buy these supplements are people who use other products for beauty and general health.
We understand how Cardio Cuts 2.0 tries to be that “all around” supplement but we think it compromised its potential to burn fat for that and that’s not a good move if you’re trying to make it as a fat burning supplement.
Cardio Cuts 2.0 Benefits
Cardio Cuts 2.0 attempts to do a lot of things in one serving but the ones that stood out for us were its blends aimed for fat burning and beauty. The preworkout part is meh at most.
Who Takes It?
Gym rats looking for a multitasking supplement that puts fat burning ahead of everything else.
Any Side Effects?
There are so many ingredients here it’s harder to say what WON’T go wrong. Still, you know your body more than anyone else (well, except your doctor) so if you start feeling something weird despite taking the recommended serving, ditch the powder. Unless they are tingles, tingling is normal for beta-alanine.
Cardio Cuts Summary
- Multitasking. Threw everything but the kitchen sink.
- Dosing. Not great but enough for basic function.
- Quality. We see a few gems in the rough.
- Not optimized. Should’ve just focused on fat burners.
- Fluff. Some ingredients added for marketing purposes.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (20-40 servings): $69.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Cardio Cuts 2.0
We’ve seen similar builds before so we don’t really go against the whole “I can do everything!” approach to supplements but Cardio Cuts 2.0 just was unable to give emphasis on ingredients that needed it.
No question Cardio Cuts 2.0 can melt the fat off your chin and give you a nice workout boost but with all the ingredients there, and that price tag, you’d think it would do more than just be a decent supplement. We like the idea, approve of the ingredients selection, and even commend the use of rare ingredients like CoQ10 and N-Acetyl Cysteine. We just don’t see this as its best form.
There’s still room for improvement and we look forward to a version 3.0 or at least 2.5.