Testosterone boosters are good for men of all ages, but their greatest benefits may be enjoyed by mature men who want to reclaim their manly vitality.
- This guide covers the Best Testosterone Boosters for Men Over 60, specifically — and how you can maximize their masculine benefits.
With rejuvenated T from these testosterone supplements, men over the age of 60 can support sex drive, virility, muscle strength, weight loss and more — restoring their manly prime for peak life enjoyment on their best years.
Quick List: Best 5 T-Boosters for Men Over 60
|#1. Prime Male – A prime, premium formula that combines potency + synergy of high-quality ingredients for superior benefits in mature men. Prime Male website|
|#2. Performance Lab SPORT T-Booster – Raises and sustains circulating T; superior bioavailability is a big plus for men 60+. Performance Lab SPORT T-Booster website|
|#3. GNC Mega Men Healthy Testosterone – Multivitamins, sex enhancers, T boosters and prostate aids in one. GNC Mega Men Testosterone website|
|#4. Testosterone Up RED – Test, performance and pumps to improve overall masculinity, especially in active men over 60. Testosterone Up RED website|
|#5. TestoFuel – More for younger men, but its DAA and Oyster Extract are well-suited for men over age 60. TestoFuel website|
Testosterone Boosters Guide for Men Over 60
In your 60s? During these prime years of your life, you can be active, strong, masculine and ready to perform. There are natural ways of increasing your testosterone to get there, without testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Learn the facts about natural T-boosters for men over 60 in this guide.
Your testosterone is inversely proportional to your age.
In fact, testosterone decline begins at the age of 30 and testosterone levels usually drop at a rate of 1.2-1.5% per year. Here’s the bad news about this decline:
When you turn 60, your testosterone level is already reduced by almost half of its original level during your youth.
Your T levels will just keep getting lower, if you don’t do anything about it.
You probably start noticing the effects of this age-related testosterone decline earlier, even in your 40s and 50s.
- In your 60s, further loss of testosterone may be classified as Andropause (male menopause) or even progress to hypogonadism (shrinking of testes).
One study found that men over 50 had significantly lower testosterone levels than the control group of men under 40. Here are the percentages of men over 50 reporting symptoms of andropause:
In men 60+, these andropause symptoms may be more prevalent.
This is why androgen replacement therapy has gained popularity over the years. Yet, this procedure remains controversial, and requires that a man continue getting testosterone shots for the rest of his life.
Natural testosterone boosters may present an alternative, especially when they address the factors that contribute to declining T in men over 60, such as:
- increased stress hormone cortisol
- rising estrogen levels
- higher levels of the T-killer Sex-Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG).
With the right combination, formulas can give men over 60 an accessible alternative to testosterone replacement therapy — helping your testes’ Leydig cells to keep producing manly hormones naturally throughout your prime years.
Best Testosterone Boosters for Men over 60 Support More than T
There are some great single-ingredient testosterone boosters that can help men over 60 to reliably support healthy T production.
But the best overall benefits may be achieved by stack supplements – formulas that combine multiple testosterone boosters along with other herbs, vitamins, minerals and amino acid to produce full-spectrum masculinity enhancement:
- Better libido and erectile function – perhaps the #1 benefit men over 60 are seeking out in a testosterone supplement
- Higher energy level – More test can amplify energy for greater life enjoyment
- Improved mood – Low T can make us grumpy old men. Truth.
- Urinary support – prostate problems are relatively common in men over 60, and make it hard to pee (and have sex)
- Higher lean muscle mass – Testosterone is an important hormone for muscle growth and anabolism, which are critical for mature men
- Increase bone mineral density – bone density tends to get worse as testosterone levels drop
- Fat loss – For men 60+, it’s easy to add belly fat and very difficult to lose it. Low T is a big reason why.
- Enhanced endurance – to keep your performance up-to-par across any activity, from sex to sports
- Maintained testicular size – this one is pretty self explanatory. No man looks forward to his balls shrinking.
- Supporting cardiovascular health – testosterone is believed to help maintain heart health, which is more of a concern after age 60
Direct Testosterone Boosters for Men Over 60
All of the above benefits may be achieved simply by increasing testosterone. Most natural testosterone booster supplements for men over 60 will, therefore, target testosterone first and foremost with ingredients that:
- Stimulate the Leydig cells to produce more testosterone
- Supply precursors for testosterone
- Modulate androgen-related signaling within the endocrine system
- Protect circulating testosterone so it remains active, longer
Testosterone boosters are really expected to increase testosterone. However, for men in their 60s it is not as easy as it sounds. That is why there are specific formulas designed for mature men because certain ingredients might be better than others.
Test Protectors for Men Over 60
Mature men face more age-related challenges that can threaten testosterone levels. These are the primary Testosterone-Killers men over 60 face, which good T-booster supplements can counter.
- Estrogen: The primary female hormone, leads to development of man-boobs
- SHBG: Increases with age, binds with T, and disables its manly benefits.
- Aromatase: Converts testosterone to estradiol (estrogen). This is why aromatase inhibitors are so important in T-boosters for mature men.
- Alpha Reductase: This enzyme rises with age, destroys free testosterone and is a risk factor for prostate problems
- Free Radicals: Unstable molecules which speed up the aging process and degrade testosterone.
- Cortisol: “Stress hormone” blocks the effects of testosterone while raising risk of cardiovascular issues and belly fat.
Manly Tonics for Mature Men in their 60s
Manly tonics are some of the T-boosting ingredients which might work for testosterone, but definitely benefit manly health like muscle growth, physical performance, sex drive, erectile strength, vitality and more.
Now that we know the testosterone-related benefits that many men over the age of 60 are looking for, let learn about some of the ingredients that can help raise testosterone levels, protect testosterone, and improve many other metrics of masculine performance as we age.
Ingredients Men in their 60s Should Look For in T-Booster Supplements
Here are some of the best testosterone supplement ingredients for men over the age of 60 to look for. These ingredients — direct T-boosters, Test Protectors and Manly Tonics, as well as essential vitamins and minerals — have good research backing their benefits, are safe and well-tolerated, and help to deliver masculine benefits by supporting both testosterone and non-testosterone pathways.
D-Aspartic Acid (DAA)
D-Aspartic Acid is the best T-booster ingredient for men over 60 because of its direct testosterone effects. DAA is known to take effect and increase testosterone by 42% in as early as 12 days.
D-Aspartic Acid is a powerful and effective T-booster that is exactly what men over 60 need to maintain their manly mojo, and a great starting point for any testosterone supplement intended for mature men.
- D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate (D-AA-CC) is the best form of D-Aspartic Acid for men 60+ because it is highly bioavailable and easy to absorb. Nutrient absorption of men in over 60 might already be impaired due to age, so opting for advanced forms will promote maximum absorption and superior testosterone-boosting activity.
As you age, sperm count and sperm quality decline — reflecting lost masculinity and diminishing testosterone. Mucuna pruriens may help men over 60 to maintain virility and fertility as you age.
Mucuna has been shown in research to significantly improve Testosterone, the T-helper Luteinizing Hormone and dopamine in infertile men. It was also found to reduce two T-killers, Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Prolactin.
- Mucuna pruriens standardized to at least 10% levodopa (L-DOPA) is the best form of Mucuna pruriens for men over age 60 because too much of the raw form of this ingredient may risky for your health. Standardized forms supply an exact level of Mucuna’s active T-booster L-Dopa, ideally about 15%.
Mucuna may help men over 60 to have better sex. In addition to increasing T, Mucuna’s support for dopamine has been suggested by researchers to “activate sexual behavior”, reduce stress and improve sperm quality. This is a bonus for men over age 60, many of whom are seeking extra support for libido and sexual function.
Zinc is an essential mineral for your body and you need it whether or not you are trying to increase your testosterone level.
Men over the age of 60 are more likely to encounter testicular shrinkage — hypogonadism — if they do not have enough zinc intake on a regular basis.
Insufficient zinc intake appears to be a big contributor to testosterone decline in men over the age of 60. The silver lining: Hypogonadism has been shown to be reversible with zinc supplementation.
In addition, zinc is a known precursor for testosterone, and has been shown in research to raise T levels and enhance athletic performance (albeit in younger men).
- Zinc Citrate is the best form of zinc because it is affordable but still easy on the stomach and very easy to absorb. This is key because older men have a harder time absorbing zinc, and get more side effects like metallic taste and indigestion — especially when using cheap forms of the mineral.
Ashwagandha is an herb that has been shown to boost testosterone by 17% and Luteinizing Hormone by 34%. In addition, it seems to help with male virility, which can reflect better over all masculine health in mature men. Research has shown Ashwagandha improves:
- semen volume upon ejactulation by 53%
- sperm count by 157%
Beyond T, Ashwagandha is a male performance enhancer: It has been shown to improve stamina, strength and even sex drive. All of these benefits help men over the age of 60 to enjoy peak quality of life and overall health, making Ashwagandha one of the best testosterone boosters for men over 60.
- KSM-66 is a patented Ashwagandha that has more clinically-backed benefits for men than any other form. KSM-66 has also been shown to be safe and well-tolerated, making it an excellent T-booster choice for mature men.
Luteolin is a potent estrogen blocker which also sustains healthy estrogen and testosterone ratio in your body. This is key for mature men because as we age, the balance tends to skew in favor of estrogen
In addition, luteolin is good for you because it is a natural antioxidant which is often found in colorful fruits and vegetables. As you age, you need as much antioxidants as you can get because these antioxidants not only protects your cells from free radicals but also delays the signs of aging.
- Luteolin is an ideal estrogen-blocker to pair with D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) because it suppresses estrogen and empowers DAA to boost T, only.
Stinging nettle is an herb that is good for mature men because it is a great testosterone protector, fighting against 3 of the worst T-killers that get even worse with age. Nettle is suggested to block:
- Aromatase, the enzyme that turns testosterone into estrogen
- SHBG that binds up and neutralizes active testosterone
- 5-alpha-redutase, which degrades circulating testosterone
In addition to fighting T-Killers, nettle helps to support prostate health and function. This is a bonus benefit for men over 60, who may already be familiar with prostate problems and their tendency to disrupt urination and healthy sexual function.
- Concentrated Stinging Nettle Extract is best for mature men. A 10:1 concentrated ratio is ideal, in which 10 pounds of raw herb would be distilled down into 1 (highly potent) pound of finished product.
Boron is an essential mineral which is helpful for testosterone and overall health. It is has multiple modes of action to ensure your health. Boron optimizes magnesium and vitamin D in your body and these 2 nutrients also support your T. In addition, boron is able to neutralize estradiol and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), which are threats to mature men’s T.
- Boron Amino Acid Chelate is the best form of boron with the highest bioavailability among all other available forms. In addition, this form of born is also able to increase your testosterone.
It is a legendary Asian herb for potency, vitality and libido. It is also able to increase testosterone indirectly. In men over 60, the intake of ginseng — especially Asian Red Ginseng — may help rejuvenate youthful energy and erectile performance.
- Standardized or concentrated ginseng is the best forms available in some of the T-boosters in the market. These types of extract ensure maximum absorption and efficacy.
It is known to increase free testosterone levels. However, it reduces the level of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Fenugreek is a popular male performance enhancer, too.
- Branded and standardized fenugreek extract is the most reliable and effective form of this ingredient, especially for men over 60.
Even if you are older, you can still have anabolic muscle growth with the help of magnesium. In addition, this mineral blocks the effects of SHBG, countering one of the most notorious T-Killers in men over 60.
- Magnesium citrate is the best form of magnesium for mature men because it is easily absorbed by the body, so you can feel its benefits instantly.
Deficiency in Vitamin B6 is linked to low testosterone levels. This suggests a relationship between the 2. However, too much intake of Vitamin B6 does not necessarily mean a huge increase in T.
- Vitamin B6 in a whole-food, nature-identical form is ideal for men over 60 because this is easier to absorb. Many cheap supplements use synthetic, isolated vitamin B6 that is not the best for mature men.
Research suggests that Vitamin D boost free and bioavailable testosterone in overweight men. Vitamin D deficiency is also strongly attributed to hypogonadism, so you should always maintain Vitamin D intake to support masculinity as you age. It is good for your bones, too.
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the best form of Vitamin D that your body produces when exposed to sunlight. It is 3x easier to absorb than Vitamin D2.
Potency-Boosters and Absorption-Enhancers Bring Big T-Booster Advantages for Men 60+
Men over age 60 have a harder time absorbing nutrients. That’s why they should look for ingredients that are easy to absorb, potent, and highly bioavailable in testosterone supplements, such as:
- Black Pepper Extract: Boosts the absorption of nutrients, a great benefit for men age 60+
- Standardized Herbs: These are specific active T-boosting ingredients which were isolated from plants.
- Concentrated Herbs: Distilled active ingredients from plants to amplify the potency of the extract.
- Branded Ingredients: These are patented ingredients with improved potency and bioavailability.
How We Rate the Best Testosterone Boosters for Men Over 60
Mature men seek out top-quality T-booster supplements that enhance or maintain masculinity and overall health without the risk of side effects. With that in mind, here are some of the criteria Best5 uses in choosing the Best 5 Testosterone Booster Supplements for Men Over 60:
- Combinations – Synergistic combos with strong potency men over 60 need
- Potent – Opt for powerful advanced ingredients and standardized herbs.
- Absorbable – Absorption enhancers help mature men get more T-boosting.
- Healthy – No harmful side effects for health-conscious mature men.
- Quality – Premium, clean label; no fillers, artificial colors, synthetics.
- Research – Demonstrated safety, efficacy and benefits of each ingredient.
- Service – Good return policy, shipping, and strong customer support.
- Value – Formulas that deliver a weight loss return on your investment
- Dosage – No crazy megadosing or ineffective microdosing
We also take into account which companies have a strong online presence and good reputation. These manufacturers stand behind their products. In addition, positive user reviews and side effect reports are also taken into consideration.
Best 5 Testosterone Boosters for Men Over 60
#1: Prime Male
Prime Male is specifically formulated for mature men. It has a ton of great testimonials from men over age 50 and 60, including one from action movie superstar Dolph Lundgren, who is 60 years old (as of 2018). Prime Male is tops for men over 60 because its synergistic design, powerful ingredients and black pepper extract combine to unleash the super-high potency that mature men need. The result: It amplifies masculinity and enhances manly vitality after age 60.
Prime Male Summary
|Advanced Ingredients: BioPerine® 10 mg, Mucuna pruriens (15% levodopa) 300 mg, Korean Red Ginseng 4:1 extract 120 mg, Nettle Root 10:1 extract 160 mg, D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate (D-AA-CC) 1600 mg|
|Clean Label: No, other ingredients include: Gelatin, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Red 40.|
|Advanced Delivery: No. Plain gelatin capsule only.|
|Price: $69, 1 month supply|
|Any Deals? Yes, 3 boxes + 1 free for $207 free shipping|
|Service: 90-day money-back guarantee is offered, but you have to pay the return shipping costs.|
|Official Website: www.primemale.com|
|Read our in-depth Prime Male review|
#2: Performance Lab SPORT T-Booster
Performance Lab SPORT T-Booster has just 4 ingredients, allowing for the extra-strength dosing that mature men need. The 4 ingredients’ multiple modes of action raise, protect, and sustain circulating testosterone in your bloodstream, for overall masculine enhancement. Its KSM-66® can deliver results mature men can feel, especially in the context of sex drive, physical training enhancement, and muscle development.
Performance Lab SPORT T-Booster Summary
|Advanced Ingredients: D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate 1000 mg, Ashwagandha Extract (as KSM-66®) (5% withanolides) 300 mg, Mucuna Pruriens Extract (15% levodopa) 150 mg|
|Clean Label: Yes. Other ingredients include: Plantcaps® and NuFlow® Rice Concentrate.|
|Advanced Delivery: Yes. Plantcaps® Pullulan Capsule is vegan and infused with prebiotics, very easy for men over 60 to absorb.|
|Price: $50, 1 month supply|
|Any Deals? Yes, multi-box savings: $95 for 2 boxes, $135 for 3 Boxes|
|Service: Money-back guarantee, 24/7 customer support.|
|Official Website: www.performancelab.com/supplements/t-booster/|
|Read our in-depth Performance Lab SPORT T-Booster review|
#3: GNC Mega Men Healthy Testosterone
GNC Mega Men Healthy Testosterone provides a lot of ingredients to support overall health. It gives you almost every ingredient that you need to maintain and enhance your masculinity. In fact, it is actually a combination of 4 different formulas: Mega Men Multivitamin, Healthy Hormone Formula, Blood Flow & Circulation, DHEA Prostate & Virility. Some are bulky pills, be advised.
GNC Mega Men Healthy Testosterone Summary
|Advanced Ingredients: Lutemax® 2020 Lutein 2 mg, Turmeric Root Extract (CurcuWIN™) (Standardized to Curcuminoids) 500 mcg, Grape Seed Extract (Standardized to Polyphenols) 1 mg, Testofen® Fenugreek Seed Extract 600 mg, resVida® trans-Resveratrol 30 mg|
|Clean Label: No. A lot of unnecessary ingredients like talcum, Artificial Colors (FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #5), Dicalcium Phosphate, Talc, Polyvinyl Alcohol|
|Advanced Delivery: No, plain capsule and caplets.|
|Price: $79.99, 1 month supply|
|Any Deals? Yes. Buy one, get one 50% off.|
|Service: 30-day money back guarantee, general GNC service and policy|
|Official Website: www.gnc.com/supplement-paks-mens-vitapaks-programs/210311.html|
|Read our in-depth GNC Mega Men Healthy Testosterone review|
#4: Testosterone Up RED
Testosterone Up RED is a 3-in-1 formula which boosts testosterone, blood circulation and physical performance. With these benefits, Testosterone Up RED is ideal for mature men who are active in the gym. It is not the greatest at testosterone, but may be especially good for libido and sexual function in men over 60, as well as boosting intense physical training for good muscle-building benefits.
Testosterone Up RED Summary
|Advanced Ingredients: LJ100 Tongkat Ali (40% glycosaponins and 22% eurypeptides) 100 mg, Fenugreek extract (4:1) 200 mg, Beta Sitosterols 40% 150 mg, Ginkgo extract (24% flavone glycosides, 6% terpene lactones) 120 mg, Asian Ginseng extract (4% ginsenosides) 30 mg, Ginger extract (5% gingerols) & BioPerine Complex BioPerine Black Pepper extract (95% piperine) 6 mg|
|Clean Label: No. Other ingredients include: Gelatin, soy, silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide|
|Advanced Delivery: Yes. A nice liquid softgel, easy to absorb.|
|Price: $34.99, half month supply|
|Any Deals? No|
|Service: Yes, you may contact the manufacturer at 800.848.8448 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Official Website: www.irwinnaturals.com/products/red/testosterone-up-red/|
|Read our in-depth Testosterone Up RED review|
TestoFuel targets younger bodybuilders, but that same high-potency, anabolic design makes it a good choice for men over 60. TestoFuel is powered by a big dose of DAA along with performance-enhancing ginseng and fenugreek, and supported by the essentials mature men need for test. Of particular interest is its Oyster Extract, which delivers T-nutrients and legendary support for male sex drive and sexual function.
|Ingredients: Vitamin D3 5000 IU, Vitamin K2 18 mcg, Vitamin B6 5 mg, Magnesium 200 mg, Zinc 10 mg, D-Aspartic Acid 2300 mg, Asian Red Panax Ginseng 100 mg, Fenugreek 100 mg, Oyster Extract 100 mg|
|Clean Label: No, other ingredients include: Gelatin, Silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, DF&C Red 40.|
|Advanced Delivery: No, plain gelatin capsules.|
|Price: $65, 1 month supply|
|Any Deals? Yes, Ultimate Muscle Gainer’s Package: 3X boxes TestoFuel + 1 free box, TestoFuel T-Shirt, Free worldwide delivery, 2 e-book workout guides, $195|
|Service: 90-Day money-back guarantee|
|Official Website: www.testofuel.com|
|Read our in-depth TestoFuel review|
Conclusion on the Best Testosterone Boosters for Men Over 60
Men over 60 have an urgent need for testosterone support. Your prime years must remain happy, rewarding, active and successful. Don’t let your age rob you of manly vitality. Take T-boosters to support your health and maintain your manly wellness so you can live a full life.
Not all T-boosters are created equal. Most, in fact, are designed for younger men. Any of the 5 test supplements on this list are more than suitable for men over 60, featuring exactly what mature men to achieve their manly best..