Hemingway described bullfighting as the only art in which the artist’s life is in danger. He claimed all other sports are “merely games.”
Because bulls are BAMFs. There are few things on this Earth that are manlier than the bull. Which is why it makes sense that eating bull nuts would make you manlier & stronger, right? Prime Test says yahh, that’s how it works. Except there’s only problem with that theory: Science.
Science says nahh, that’s not how it works.
So how does Prime Test work? Does it?
Check out the review:
Table of Contents
About Prime Test
Manufactured by Prime Labs, Prime Test is a testosterone booster product… That’s it. That’s all they have advertised for this one. If the bull on the bottle is any indication, then Prime Test is either manly af or full of BS. Formula notes:
- Testosterone Blend: Prime Test doesn’t mince words: It’s a testosterone booster with a testosterone blend, a blend designed to boost test. Woo.
- Horny Goat Weed: The leading ingredient in the blend isn’t much of a T-booster, but it is a well-regarded libido enhancer.
- Questionable Design: Several of the ingredients are off-base, calling into question the overall efficacy of this supplement.
Prime Test Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Caplets
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate)||44.28 mg|
|Testosterone Blend||1484 mg|
|Horney Goat Weed (leaf)||**|
|Tongkat Ali Extract 100:1 (root)||**|
|Saw Palmetto Extract (fruit)||**|
|Wild Yam Extract (root)||**|
|Nettle Extract (root)||**|
|Boron (as Boron Amino Acid Chelate)||**|
Take 2 caplets by mouth 1-2 times per day.
Prime Test deviates from tried-&-true T-boosting routes with no identifiable direction in mind.
Wild Yams. Sarsaparilla. Bull testicles. Either Prime Test knows something we don’t, or they’re full of another type of bull substance. As far as we know, many of these ingredients don’t do much for T, but let’s double check just in case:
Testosterone Blend, 1484 mg
- Horny Goat Weed. The leading ingredient in this testosterone blend doesn’t do much for testosterone. But it does make you horny (not “horney” as the Supplement Facts state). May have testosterone mimicking effects, but not a testosterone booster.
- Tongkat Ali Extract. Translating to “Stick of Man” (*wink wink*), Tongkat Ali is a well-known sex-enhancer and, more importantly, a solid anti-stress adaptogen with T-boosting potential. And Prime Test’s TA is potent af.
- Saw Palmetto Extract. Believed to inhibit 5α-reductase, the enzyme responsible for converting T to DHT. This means more T and less DHT, which can negatively affect male health if T levels are high.
- Orchic Substance. Extracted from bull testicles. That’s right. This is one of those “man conquers animal and becomes animal” things, but there’s no evidence in support of Orchic’s T-boosting effects. Imagine that!
- Wild Yam Extract. Might help with certain aspects of T expression (based on weak research), but the outlook is doubtful.
- Sarsaparilla. Another misspelled ingredient (labeled as “sarsparilla”). Does nothing for T.
- Nettle Extract. Blocks “T-killers” sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) and aromatase, the enzyme responsible for converting T to estrogen. Less T-killers, more “free” T!
- Boron. The only ingredient in this blend that tops our BIG List of T-Boosters, Boron is a manly mineral, providing more anti-aromatase action for a healthier testosterone:estrogen balance.
- See your best options in our: Best Test Boosters Page Here.
Prime Test Formula Analysis
Prime Test is no Prime Male, the top T-boosting dogg on our 2017 List of Top T-Boosting Doggs. Nor is Prime Test anything like the other T-boosters on the list, namely because: Prime Test doesn’t seem to boost T.
Prime Test, in its 9-ingredient formula, only has 3 ingredients that fit the testosterone boosting bill: Tongkat Ali, Stinging Nettle, & Boron. Close runner-ups include Horney (Horny*) Goat Weed & Saw Palmetto, yet none of these (aside from Boron) seem to achieve BIG-time testosterone boosts.
Not every formula needs to follow the tried-&-true core of natural T-boosters (i.e. D-Aspartic Acid, Zinc, Vitamin D, Fenugreek). There are experimental T-booster stacks that steer clear of these “traditionals,” opting instead for, say, more adaptogenic T-boosts, or energizing T-boosts, or T-boosts that are good for overnight muscle gains, etc. etc.
Prime Test initially reads like an experimental bodybuilding T-booster, notching in unusual ingredients such as Orchic Substance, Sarsparilla (Sarsaparilla*), and Wild Yam, but there’s not rhyme or reason to these ingredients.
Prime Test sells itself as a run-of-the-mill testosterone booster, but doesn’t provide many evidence-backed T-boosters. What’s more, the ingredients are hidden underneath a proprietary blend and the “Other Ingredients” aren’t even shown.
Prime Test might make you horney (horny*). But that’s about it.
Prime Test Benefits
The benefits claimed by Prime Test include:
- Optimized Physical Performance.
- Build Stronger, Leaner Muscles.
- Improved Libido & Mood.
Re: the first two benefits, we call shenanigans. Prime Test simply isn’t designed for physical performance & anabolic muscle gains. But it is ripe enough for improved libido & mood.
Unless you’re one of those angry libido guys, in which case the “mood” is sold separate.
Who Takes It?
Too-Tired-to-Tango Men. If Prime Test’s copy is any indication, then the company understands that testosterone levels become an issue in older age. As such, it seems to indicate that the formula is intended for the older gents. One benefit that older men may receive from this stack is an increase in visits to Boner Town.
Any Potential Side Effects with Prime Test?
None reported. For the most part, Amazon customer reviews are positive. We wouldn’t expect any side effects coming from this all-natural formula.
Prime Test Summary
- Libido Booster. Even if it’s not T-related, it’s still a benefit.
- Quality Tongkat. The TA’s extract is potent & ready for action.
- Boron. The only B5 favorite in this supplement.
- Weak T-Boosts. Most of the boosters are mild at best.
- Proprietary Blend. What the double u tee f are the dosages??
- Sloppy Design. Poor choices. Hidden dosages. Misspelled ingredients.
Prime Test Price & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (1 month): $39.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Currently, customers can buy Prime Test supplements at half price on Amazon.
Prime Test Review: Final Word
For sexual energy, stamina, & drive, Prime Test works. Indicating that it must be doing something for male health. Given the high ratings of Prime Test’s customer reviews, it’ll likely have you feeling good. Yet, we wouldn’t expect clinical levels of testosterone increases with this otherwise sub-par formula. Take it for the boners, not the T.
- See your best options in our: Best Test Boosters Page Here.