If you’re a hard-training athlete, you may need a sports multivitamin which helps you gain an edge over the competition. We feel Nutrex VITADAPT may help answer that call, as you’ll find out in this review.
About Nutrex VITADAPT
Nutrex VITADAPT is the “Clinically-Dosed Sports Multivitamin,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Insane vitamin B12 levels. Equal to an otherworldly 8,350 percent of the daily value.
- Impressive vitamin D content. Represents 625 percent of the daily value.
- Adaptogenic & Performance-Enhancing Blend. Specialty blend which helps complement athletic performance.
Nutrex VITADAPT Supplement Facts (90 Tablets)
|Serving Size: 3 Tablets
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin A (as Beta-Carotene)||5,000 IU||100%|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||500 mg||830%|
|Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)||2,500 IU||625%|
|Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopherol)||30 IU||100%|
|Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone)(MK-7)||40 mcg||50%|
|Vitamin B1 (as Thiamin)||15 mg||1000%|
|Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin)||20 mg||1180%|
|Vitamin B3 (as Niacinamide)||50 mg||250%|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate)||15 mg||750%|
|Vitamin B9 (as Folic Acid)||400 mcg||100%|
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||500 mcg||8350%|
|Vitamin B5 (D-Calcium Pantothenate)||75 mg||750%|
|Calcium (as Calci-K®)||120 mg||8%|
|Phosphorus (as Calci-K®)||60 mg||6%|
|Iodine (from Kelp)||150 mcg||100%|
|Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Glycinate Chelate)||20 mg||130%|
|Selenium (as Selenium Amino Acid Chelate)||75 mcg||110%|
|Copper (as TRAACS® Copper Biglycinate Chelate)||1 mg||50%|
|Manganese (as TRAACS® Manganese Glycinate Chelate)||1 mg||50%|
|Molybdenum (as Molybdenum Methionate)||5 mcg||7%|
|Potassium (as Calci-K®)||100 mg||2%|
|Adaptogenic & Performance Enhancing Blend|
|KSM-66 (Ashwagandha)||300 mg||*|
|Schisandra Extract||200 mg||*|
|Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract||150 mg||*|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Isomalt, Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Aqueous Cellulose Film, Titanium Dioxide.|
|RECOMMENDED USE: Consume 1 serving (3 tablets) with your first meal of the day. Athletes under extreme physical demands can opt to take a second serving.|
Clinically-Dosed Sports Multivitamin
We’ve seen our fair share of multivitamins for athletes here on B5. We’re confident some of these will exceed the expectations of many bodybuilding enthusiasts. Some big-name athlete multivitamins which stand out include:
- Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin
- EFX Sports VitaDrive
- Universal Nutrition Animal Pak
- MuscleTech VitaMax SX-7 Black Onyx For Men
- NOW Men’s Extreme Sports Multi
These products boast of great formulations, awesome transparency, and excellent reputation among customers. Better yet, they meet the needs of athletes like no other multivitamin could.
On that note, we’re hoping Nutrex VITADAPT joins this Mt. Rushmore of Multivitamins. The manufacturer dubs it its “Clinically-Dosed Sports Multivitamin,” per its official website. “Clinically-dosed” simply means the amounts manufacturers use in supplements are the same as the ones used in clinical studies or research. That always bodes well for the customer. We like it.
One look at the label, you get the impression Nutrex VITADAPT has all of the essential ingredients athletes need. Let’s probe deeper into the so-called “Clinically-Dosed Sports Mulitvitamin” and see if it can give the competition a run for its money.
Vitamin and Mineral Content
First thing’s first: whenever we size up a multivitamin, we check if it has an “All-Natural” or “ISO-Certified” label. The last thing you want is a bunch of synthetic ingredients filling your nutrition gaps.
Alas, we found no such label on Nutrex VITADAPT. It could be a sign this product has artificial components. With that, please proceed with caution. We’re hoping the ingredient combination will somehow make up for the possible inclusion of artificial ingredients.
The manufacturer says it “has included all 24 of the essential minerals and vitamins required for hard-training athletes, all in their clinically-efficacious doses,” per its official website. That’s a good assurance. If Nutrex VITADAPT delivers on this promise, it will be a great asset in shoring up the performance of active individuals.
Since Nutrex VITADAPT is geared toward the modern-day athlete, we should look into the nutrients suited for this demographic. Dieticians of Canada’s official website breaks down the most essential:
- Iron: This mineral helps transport oxygen to the muscles. “You may need more if you train hard,” per Dieticians of Canada. If you’re an athlete and aren’t getting enough iron, fatigue may set in sooner than expected. Unfortunately, Nutrex VITADAPT has zero iron content. We get the feeling the company held off because some experts believe supplemental doses of this mineral has detrimental effects (if you want a multivitamin which gives you natural iron content, try the aforementioned Universal Nutrition Animal Pak).
- Antioxidants (vitamin C, vitamin E, beta carotene, and selenium): These help the body ward off damage and free radicals. Nutrex VITADAPT has 830 percent of the daily value for vitamin C, 100 percent of the daily value for vitamin E, 100 percent of the daily value for vitamin A, and 110 percent of the daily value for selenium (for reference, a minimum daily value of 15 percent is high). The manufacturer’s official webpage says, “Any multi you choose should include at least 100 percent of the daily value (DV) or Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of these key vitamins and minerals. If they don’t, you’re just wasting your money.” Long story short, this multivitamin covers the antioxidant bases for athletes.
- Calcium and vitamin D: Athletes need these “for healthy bones, teeth, muscles, nerves, and hormone function. Vitamin D also keeps your immune system healthy,” per Dieticians of Canada’s official website. Nutrex VITADAPT has so-so calcium content at just eight percent of the daily value. In sharp contrast, it is teeming with vitamin D – it has a whopping 625 percent of the daily value. The manufacturer’s official website says more individuals don’t get enough vitamin D because they stay indoors frequently. Well, their signature multivitamin should help ramp up your vitamin D levels, for sure.
Dieticians of Canada’s webpage also says athletes need B vitamins “for releasing energy in your body, building and repairing tissues, and for healthy red blood cells (you can also find B vitamins in abundance in many energy boosters). Let’s see how Nutrex VITADAPT’s B vitamin arsenal stacks up against the competition:
|Nutrex VITADAPT||Universal Nutrition Animal Pak||EFX Sports VitaDrive|
|Vitamin B1||15 mg (1,000 percent DV)||76 mg (5,067 percent DV)||200 mg (13,333 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B2||20 mg (1,180 percent DV)||76 mg (4,471 percent DV)||200 mg (11,764 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B3||50 mg (250 percent DV)||82 mg (410 percent DV)||200 mg (1,000 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B5||75 mg (750 percent DV)||76 mg (760 percent DV)||200 mg (2,000 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B7||300 mcg (100 percent DV)||300 mcg (100 percent DV)||200 mcg (67 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B9||400 mcg (100 percent DV)||400 mcg (100 percent DV)||800 mcg (200 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B12||500 mcg (8,350 percent DV)||11 mcg (185 percent DV)||200 mcg (3,334 percent DV)|
It’s clear EFX Sports VitaDrive remains the undisputed King of B Vitamins among multivitamin supplements. However, its vitamin B12 content pales in comparison to Nutrex VITADAPT’s. This vitamin helps increase energy levels and boost heart health. It also plays a key role in red blood cell formation. If these are what you want, Nutrex VITADAPT is the answer.
Not only that, but this multivitamin uses methylcobalamin, a form of vitamin B12 “which has proven to be the most bioavailable form for consumption, ensuring your B12 levels are always at their optimal concentration,” per its official website.
The Austin Journal of Pharmacology and Therapeutics’ October 8, 2015 issue seems to support this. It says methylcobalamin “is a best treatment as well as dietary supplement for the people who cannot absorb vitamin B12.” With that, we’re glad Nutrex VITADAPT uses methylcobalamin as its vitamin B12 source.
All in all, Nutrex VITADAPT’s vitamin and mineral formula meets the needs of today’s athletes. It has ample amounts of the nutrients these hard-training individuals need daily (except for iron and calcium). If you’re an athlete, expect these to help take your performance to the next level.
Adaptogenic & Performance-Enhancing Blend, 650 mg
Many multivitamins include specialty blends to set themselves apart from the rest of the field. A perfect example is Optimum Nutrition OPTI-MEN, which has an Amino Blend, Phyto Men Blend, and Viri Men Blend. These include many of the essential nutrients modern men need. When it comes to comprehensiveness, this product quickly comes to mind.
As for Nutrex VITADAPT, it has an Adaptogenic & Performance-Enhancing Blend which takes up 650 milligrams per tablet. “Specifically, adaptogens improve the body’s capacity to respond and recover from various emotional, physical, and physiological stressors, such as intense exercise,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
“VITADAPT is truly unique as it includes three of the most heavily-researched adaptogenic compounds on the planet in KSM-66 Ashwagandha, Schisandra chinensis, and Rhodiola rosea,” per the same source.
The journal Pharmaceuticals’ January 19, 2010 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov) backs up the manufacturer’s claims. It says, “A systematic review showed that adaptogens have a significant, beneficial, and specific effect on stress-induced symptoms under fatigue.” Furthermore, it lauds Rhodiola rosea and Schisandra chinensis – two Nutrex VITADAPT ingredients – for their adaptogenic benefits.
Simply put, these adaptogens will enable hard-training athletes to keep fatigue at bay, keep stress levels in check, and increase performance. Granted, Nutrex VITADAPT’s Adaptogenic & Performance-Enhancing Blend isn’t as comprehensive as the specialty blends of other leading multivitamins. Nonetheless, we’re confident it will go a long way.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin A (as beta-carotene), 5,ooo IU: A vitamin which helps improve vision, regulate immunity, and keep free radicals at bay.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 500 mg: Vitamin C isn’t just a mens of warding off the common cold. It’s also a powerful antioxidant which stifles free radical activity. Vitamin C also helps regulate blood pressure levels and blood vessel function, improve cardiovascular health, and ramp up energy levels. Nutrex VITADAPT has an awesome 830 percent of the daily value for this vitamin.
- Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol), 2,500 IU: Vitamin D helps strengthen bones, ward off free radicals, and boost heart health. Nutrex VITADAPT’s 625 percent of the daily value for vitamin D is one of the highest among multivitamins.
- Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol), 30 IU: This vitamin helps ramp up metabolism and keep free radicals at bay.
- Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone)(MK-7), 40 mcg: This vitamin helps improve dental health and bone density.
- Vitamin B1 (as thiamin), 15 mg: A classic B vitamin which helps shore up cardiovascular function and increase energy levels. Nutrex VITADAPT has an insane 1,000 percent of the daily value for vitamin B1.
- Vitamin B2 (as riboflavin), 20 mg: Vitamin B2 helps ramp up energy levels and regulate immunity and digestion. This multivitamin has an impressive 1,180 percent of the daily value for vitamin B2.
- Vitamin B3 (as niacinamide), 50 mg: Vitamin B3 helps keep cholesterol levels in check and improve heart health.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate), 15 mg: This vitamin helps maintain healthy hormone levels, improve cardiovascular function, and regulate the nervous system. Nutrex VITADAPT has an awesome 750 percent of the daily value for vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B9 (as folic acid), 400 mcg: Vitamin B9 helps improve hemoglobin levels, keep free radicals at bay, improve heart health, and grow muscle tissues.
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin), 500 mcg: Vitamin B12 helps keep fatigue at bay, boost cardiovascular function, and regulate immunity. For emphasis’ sake, Nutrex VITADAPT has one of the highest vitamin B12 levels in its product category with an insane 8,350 percent of the daily value.
- Biotin, 300 mcg: Simply known as vitamin B7, this ingredient helps repair muscle tissue, ward off inflammation, and improve hair, skin, and nail health.
- Vitamin B5 (d-calcium pantothenate), 75 mg: This vitamin helps improve cardiovascular health, regulate immunity, ramp up stamina, and keep stress levels in check. Nutrex VITADAPT contains an impressive 750 percent of the daily value for vitamin B5.
- Calcium (as Calci-K), 60 mg: This mineral helps strengthen bones, regulate blood pressure levels, boost heart health, and maintain one’s ideal body weight.
- Phosphorus (as Calci-K), 60 mg: Nutrex VITADAPT is just a so-so source of phosphorus at six percent of the daily value.
- Iodine (from kelp), 150 mcg: A component which helps keep bacterial activity at bay and regulate thyroid function.
- Magnesium, 100 mg: This versatile mineral helps regulate muscle and nerve function, promote muscle relaxation and healthy blood pressure levels, strengthen bones, and regulate immunity.
- Zinc (as TRAACS Copper Bigylicinate Chelate), 1 mg: Zinc is another versatile mineral which helps strengthen bones, keep free radicals at bay, enhance cognitive function, boost weight loss, and increase energy and testosterone levels.
- Selenium (as selenium amino acid chelate), 75 mcg: A mineral which helps regulate thyroid hormone function, boost heart health, ward off free radicals, and regulate immunity.
- Copper (as TRAACS Zinc Glycinate Chelate), 1 mg: Experts believe this mineral helps increase energy and human growth hormone (HGH) levels – two impressive benefits for athletes.
- Manganese (as TRAACS Manganese Glycinate Chelate), 1 mg: A mineral which helps regulate blood sugar levels and thyroid function, ward off osteoporosis, and boost metabolism and digestion.
- Chromium, 60 mcg: A mineral which helps improve insulin sensitivity and increase fat loss and muscle growth. Nutrex VITADAPT’s solid 50 percent of the daily value for chromium should go a long way.
- Molybdenum (as molybdenum methionate), 5 mcg: Molybdenum is an essential mineral which helps strengthen teeth, ward off free radicals, and rid the body of waste products. This multivitamin is a so-so source of molybdenum at just seven percent of the daily value.
- Potassium (as Calci-K), 100 mg: Nutrex VITADAPT is not a significant source of potassium at a measly two percent of the daily value.
- KSM-66 (Ashwagandha), 300 mg: An adaptogenic herb which helps improve fertility, regulate secretion of thyroid hormones, boost cardiovascular function, regulate blood sugar levels, keep cataracts at bay, keep stress levels in check, and regulate immunity. You can find ashwagandha in many nootropics.
- Schisandra extract, 200 mg: An adaptogen which helps keep inflammation at bay, balance hormones naturally, boost liver health, and regulate digestion.
- Rhodiola rosea root extract, 150 mg: An adaptogenic herb which helps ward off depression, enhance cognitive function, boost weight loss, energy levels, and cardiovascular function; keep free radicals at bay, strengthen immunity, and improve sexual function.
The manufacturer dubs Nutrex VITADAPT its “Clinically-Dosed Sports Multivitamin.” After a thorough analysis, we say this product title fits the bill. You can simply check out the high B vitamin, antioxidant, and vitamin D content – nutrients which are crucial to athletic performance.
First off, the astronomical 8,350 percent of the daily value for vitamin B12 blew us away – it’s one of the highest (if not the highest) we’ve seen in a sports multivitamin. That much is sure to ramp up your energy levels and boost cardiovascular function. We also laud the manufacturer for using methylcobalamin, a form of vitamin B12 which has excellent absorption properties.
Nutrex VITADAPT’s daily value for vitamin B7 (100 percent of the daily value) is no slouch, either: it’s one of the highest among supplements in this category. Expect increased protection against inflammation and healthier hair, skin, and nails as a result. While Nutrex VITADAPT’s overall B vitamin content isn’t enough to trump the likes of EFX Sports VitaDrive, it still holds its own.
Experts say consuming ample amounts of antioxidants will also help ramp up athletic performance (although some say taking them in supplemental form is detrimental. Check with your doctor first). Nutrex VITADAPT has high amounts of vitamin C (830 percent of the daily value), vitamin E (100 percent of the daily value), beta-carotene (100 percent of the daily value), and selenium (110 percent of the daily value).
This sports multivitamin also has impressive vitamin D levels at 625 percent of the daily value. Experts believe this is another nutrient which will help athletes. More specifically, it helps shore up heart health, ward off free radicals, and strengthen bones. For the most part, Nutrex VITADAPT has the athlete nutrients down pat.
Like we earlier mentioned, many sports multivitamins include specialty blends to get an edge. Nutrex VITADAPT is no exeception. Its Adaptogenic & Performance-Enhancing Blend’s combined benefits include better heart health, increased resistance against stress, better digestion, and stronger protection against free radicals.
Granted, the Adaptogenic & Performance-Enhancing Blend won’t trump the specialty blends of other big-name sports multivitamins (specifically Optimum Nutrition OPTI-MEN). However, we’re still certain athletes and active individuals will reap its immense benefits.
We also give props to the manufacturer for excellent transparency – it reveals all of the ingredient amounts. That bodes well for the customer, for sure.
On the flip side, Nutrex VITADAPT has no “All-Natural” or “ISO-Certified” label. It bears repeating: this might be a sign this multivitamin has synthetic ingredients. We certainly hope not.
Plus, Nutrex VITADAPT has sub-par calcium content (eight percent of the daily value). Athletes need more. It would have been better if the calcium content was higher. As for the iron content, it’s a bit of a moot point. Our hunch: the company feels supplemental iron could have detrimental effects. So, let’s leave it at that.
Finally, this sports multivitamin doesn’t enjoy the sterling reputation of its competitors. Give it a bit of time (plus a few tweaks from the manufacturer), and it should gain some recognition.
All in all, Nutrex VITADAPT is a solid sports multivitamin which should give you a good return on your investment. When you make it a part of your fitness regimen (along with regular exercise, sound nutrition, and enough sleep), you should feel the difference sooner than later.
Nutrex VITADAPT Benefits
Nutrex VITADAPT has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Features a clinically-dosed blend of 24 vitamins and minerals
- Increases muscular strength
- Boasts of zero impediments to amino acid, vitamin, and mineral uptake
- Features a comprehensive B vitamin complex for increased energy levels
We agree with all of these claims. Nutrex VITADAPT’s solid formulation should help athletes achieve their fitness goals.
Who Takes It?
Nutrex VITADAPT “is the only choice for athletes looking for a multi to support and enhance their active lifestyle,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
Any Side Effects?
Nutrex VITADAPT contains 250 percent of the daily value for vitamin B3 (as niacinamide), an ingredient which may cause skin flushing, itching, and the like.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing Nutrex VITADAPT.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Nutrex VITADAPT Review Summary
- Impressive formulation. Clinically-dosed ingredients for today’s hard-training athlete.
- Insane vitamin B12 levels. Represents an otherworldly 8,350 percent of the daily value.
- Uses methylcobalamin. Form of vitamin B12 with excellent absorption properties.
- Solid vitamin B7 content. At 100 percent of the daily value, it has one of the highest biotin levels among sports multivitamins.
- Awesome vitamin D content. Equal to an impressive 625 percent of the daily value.
- Adaptogenic & Performance-Enhancing Blend. Contains key adaptogens which complement athletic performance.
- Excellent transparency. Manufacturer breaks down all of the ingredient amounts.
- No “All-Natural” label. May be a sign this product has synthetic ingredients.
- Below-average calcium and iron content. Two nutrients which athletes need.
- Unknown reputation. Not as known as other big-name sports multivitamins.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 90-Tablet Bottle (30-Day Supply): $29.95
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Nutrex VITADAPT
The so-called “Clinically-Dosed Sports Multivitamin” has several strong points (vitamin B12 and vitamin D levels, Adaptogenic & Performance-Enhancing Blend, etc.) which serve the modern-day athlete well. It sets the bar high. However, it’s not the gold standard of sports multivitamins (possible synthetic ingredients, sub-par calcium content, unknown reputation, etc.).
Nutrex VITADAPT may not be perfect, but it will help today’s athletes get the edge they need. Try it and feel the difference.