You may have tried some post-workout supplements before.
But have you ever tried a fat-burning post-workout?
Hey, we kid you not. That’s what Maxine’s Recover Burn – a renowned Aussie brand – is.
Imagine reaping the benefits of a fat burner and post-workout in just one product.
Sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it?
This review should be one for the ages, folks.
About Maxine’s Recover Burn
Maxine’s Recover Burn is “a high-potency recovery and fat-burning formulation to help boost recovery between workouts while stimulating maximum thermogenesis (fat burning) all day,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Good ingredient combo. BCAAs, creatine monohydrate, glutamine, and taurine.
- Potent LipoPhase Blend. Includes acetyl l-carnitine, choline, inositol, Garcinia cambogia, phaseolamin, and green tea extract .
- Bonus ingredients. Has added doses of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and magnesium.
Maxine’s Recover Burn Supplement Facts (Unflavoured, 180 grams)
|Serving size: 1 heaped coop (6 g)
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Per Serve: 1 heaped scoop (6g)||Per 100 g|
|Fat – Total||0g||0g|
|Carbohydrates – Total||0g||0g|
|Ingredients: L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Glutamine, Creatine Monohydrate, Lipophase (Acetyl L-Carnitine, Choline, Inositol, Garcinia, Phaseolamin, Green Tea), L-Taurine, Magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin E|
|Suggested Use: Take 1 Scoop (6g) after your strength or cardio workout. To further improve recovery and fat burning take Recover 1-2 times per day between meals.|
The Advanced Fat-Burning Recovery Accelerator
You may have seen our B5 fat burner reviews by now.
You may have also checked out B5 post-workout reviews.
Both product categories are enticing, aren’t they?
But a fat-burning post-workout supplement?
That’s as rare as it gets in the bodybuilding supplement industry, folks.
Enter Maxine’s Recover Burn, a fat-incinerating post-workout from Down Under.
Yep, straight from Australia, no less.
The manufacturer describes this product as “a high-potency recovery and fat-burning formulation to help boost recovery between workouts while stimulating maximum thermogenesis (fat burning) all day.”
We are still in awe, believe us. Come on – recovering from your workout, building muscle and losing fat at the same time?
Maxine’s Recover Burn has the classic post-workout ingredients such as BCAAs, l-glutamine, creatine monohydrate, and l-taurine.
That’s just half of the story.
It also has a fat-burning LipoPhase Blend which includes acetyl l-carnitine, choline, inositol, garcinia, phaseolamin, and green tea.
Maxine’s Recover Burn’s BCAA content “are well-researched and have been shown to help with muscle repair after exercise,” per NutritionWarehouse.com.au.
“This means quicker recovery so you can train harder and more often,” per the same source.
Yes, BCAAs help boost muscle repair. If you’ve been taking post-workout supplements, you should be familiar with the three kinds:
- Leucine – the most anabolic amino acid. It helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis, preserve muscle and torch fat (by triggering the release of an appetite-suppressing hormone from the hypothalamus in the brain).
- Isoleucine – the BCAA which helps restore a positive nitrogen and protein balance.
- Valine – the BCAA which helps repair muscle tissue, increase endurance, and regulate the immune system.
If you’ve been following our post-workout reviews, you’ll notice most of the products include BCAA ratios.
Not this one.
That doesn’t sit well with customers, who want to know how much of each ingredient they’re putting in their bodies.
If you’re keen on building muscle, you want to know how much leucine Max’s Recover Burn has, don’t you?
Well, there’s no way of knowing. Now, you want to get another post-workout with, say, a 4:1:1 BCAA ratio.
That’s what lack of transparency does.
Next up are Maxine’s Recover Burn’s glutamine and magnesium components.
These “work by stopping muscle tissue breakdown that usually occurs after hard exercise, so that your muscles can repair and recover faster. They work well with BCAAs to reduce muscle soreness,” per NutritionWareHouse.com.au.
When it comes to muscle tissue preservation, glutamine is king.
Plus, it helps increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels, boost the digestive and immune systems, improve athleticism, and ward off free radicals.
It’s a must in every post-workout supplement.
For its part, magnesium also helps increase energy levels, ward off muscle discomfort, and improve cardiovascular and digestive health – all important post-workout benefits.
The bad news: Maxine’s Recover Burn doesn’t disclose the actual glutamine and magnesium contents.
The same holds true for all the other key post-workout and fat-burning ingredients.
On the bright side, this product has creatine monohydrate.
A good number of post-workouts have this ingredient, which is the cheapest and most effective form of creatine (the only knock against it is its solubility).
Check out some of creatine’s benefits:
- Increases muscle mass
- Helps increase anaerobic and aerobic performance
- Improves brain health
- Helps keep blood sugar levels in check
This supplement also has l-taurine, which is just as versatile as glutamine and creatine.
Taurine’s post-workout benefits are just as impressive:
- Helps reduce stress levels
- Burns fat
- Helps improve insulin sensitivity
- Wards off oxidative stress
- Improves athletic performance
- Shortens recovery time
- Helps improve heart health
Whew. What could be better than those, folks?
Now comes the interesting part – Maxine’s Recover Burn’s LipoPhase Blend.
We already told you what the ingredients are. All we can say are the components are all-natural, time-tested, and effective.
What’s even better is no other post-workout has them. If there is, give us a call.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Energy, 0 kJ: Just so you know, Australia follows the metric system. Their nutritional information includes a unit of measurement for energy expended during exercise known as “kilojoule” or “kJ” for short. Maxine’s Recover has none whatsoever.
- Protein, 0 g: This product doesn’t have any protein content, either. Nonetheless, Maxine’s Recover Burn’s creatine monohydrate and leucine contents will help you build muscle mass. If you’re not content, you can chug on a separate protein shake.
- Fat – total, 0 g: This supplement has no fats. Nada.
- Fat – saturated, 0 g: It has zero saturated fats as well. All good.
- Carbohydrates – total, 0 g: Maxine’s Recover Burn is a good complement to a low-carb diet as it has none of this macronutrient.
- Sugars, 0 g: We’ll say this, folks: we’ll take a post-workout supplement with no sugar over one with Splenda or any other artificial sweetener any time of day.
- Sodium, 0 g: This product has no sodium content, making it a safe bet for those monitoring their salt intake. However, sodium is a valuable electrolyte because it helps prevent muscle cramping. If you need a post-workout sodium fix (don’t go overboard, though), you may be better off consuming a different product.
- Acetyl l-carnitine: This amino acid, which is known for its fat-burning prowess, assists in the transportation of fats into the muscle cells for more energy.
- Choline and inositol: These help keep fats moving in the bloodstream so they can be utilized for energy.
- Garcinia cambogia: A by-product of an Indonesian fruit which helps prevent the conversion of carbs to fats.
- Phaseolamin: This is a white kidney bean extract which helps prevent starch digestion which results in less carb absorption.
- Green tea extract: A potent fat-burning ingredient which amps up your metabolism. Green tea also helps regulate blood sugar levels, boost heart health, lower cholesterol levels, and improve dental health.
All along, we thought Maxine’s Recover Burn would blow us away.
It did – at the beginning.
Who wouldn’t be?
When you combine the traditional post-workout ingredients such as BCAAs, creatine monohydrate, glutamine, and taurine with a potent, fat-burning LipoPhase Blend, you get the makings of a bodybuilding supplement superstar.
Make no mistake about it, we love the inclusion of the aforementioned post-workout ingredients.
We also believe Maxine’s Recover Burn’s all-natural LipoPhase Blend will help you torch fat in conjunction with regular exercise and sound eating habits.
Bottom line: this product will help you recover faster, build muscle, increase endurance and lose weight.
But by how much, exactly?
That remains to be seen.
Until such time the manufacturer comes up with an advanced formula revealing the precise amounts of each ingredient, we will never know.
You see, the folks at Maxine’s Recover Burn don’t divulge how much BCAAs it has. No BCAA ratio. Nada.
Neither does it reveal all the other ingredient amounts.
And their LipoPhase Blend? It’s deceiving and proprietary.
A proprietary blend is a marketing tactic where the manufacturer comes up with some fancy name, lists the amount of the entire blend, and doesn’t break down the individual ingredient amounts.
The funny (or odd, depending on how you see it) thing about this scenario is the company doesn’t indicate the total amount of Maxine’s Recover Burn’s LipoPhase Blend.
How often does that happen – a manufacturer forgetting to list the amount of an entire proprietary blend?
Idiotic. Unusual. Call it what you want.
We can’t help but cringe, folks.
On the plus side, Maxine’s Recover Burn has added doses of Vitamin C, Vitamin E and magnesium.
Once again, the company doesn’t list the ingredient amounts.
For this, we give the manufacturer a resounding F for transparency.
At least the product has no fats, carbs, sugars, and sodium. It has no dirty ingredients, either.
It also has a reasonable price (around $23.04 for a 180-gram container).
Maxine’s Recover Burn Benefits
Maxine’s Recover Burn has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps build a lean and toned physique
- Shortens recovery time
- Helps ward off post-workout soreness
- Increases energy levels
- Stimulant-free formula
We agree with all of these claims. Maxine’s Recover Burn is a promising fat-burning post-workout which can help you achieve your fitness goals.
Who Takes It?
Maxine’s Recover Burn is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to build muscle mass, shorten recovery time, lean out, lose fat, increase endurance, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
We are happy to report Maxine’s Recover Burn has no glaring side effects. While this may be the case, if any ingredient makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
Maxine’s Recover Burn Summary
- Good post-workout ingredients. BCAAs, creatine monohydrate, glutamine, and taurine.
- Potent LipoPhase Blend. Includes acetyl l-carnitine, choline, inositol, Garcinia cambogia, phaseolamin, and green tea extract.
- Zero carbs, fats, sugars, and sodium. All good.
- Clean ingredients. No fillers and contaminants. Awesome.
- Bonus ingredients. Has magnesium, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E for more health benefits.
- Reasonable price. Around $23.04 for a 180-gram container.
- Poor transparency. Manufacturer fails to list key ingredient amounts. Boo.
- Proprietary blend. LipoPhase Blend is one of a kind: it has no total total amount. A first for us.
- Unknown reputation. Aussie brand which has yet to make a name for itself overseas.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 180-gram Container (30-Day Supply): $23.04
- Available online
Final Word on Maxine’s Recover Burn
Still excited about the fat-burning post-workout supplement from Down Under?
We were, but our excitement has tapered off – no thanks to the manufacturer’s poor transparency.
If you don’t know how much a particular key ingredient has, why buy it?
In our opinion, the product has plenty of upside – we believe it can help you achieve your post-workout goals and lose weight at the same time.
However, by virtue of its poor transparency, the manufacturer has shot itself in the foot.
We still recommend you give Maxine’s Recover Burn a try given its potential and reasonable price.
Friendly reminder: don’t strain yourself from all that guessing.