If you want a simple athlete multivitamin which can deliver the goods, Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin should exceed your expectations. This review will give you the lowdown, and then some.
About Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin
Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin can “fill those gaps with key nutrients that support your overall health and even your athlete performance,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- High in vitamin B7 and vitamin B12. One thousand percent and 4,167 percent of the daily value, respectively.
- High vitamin D content. Two hundred fifty percent of the daily value.
- Reasonable price. $14.99 for a 90-tablet bottle.
Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin Supplement Facts (90 Tablets)
|Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Servings Per Container: 90
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate)||1,500 mcg||167%|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||200 mg||222%|
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)||50 mcg||250%|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate)||16.5 mg||110%|
|Vitamin K (as phytonadione)||120 mcg||100%|
|Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate)||10 mg||833%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)||10 mg||588%|
|Folate (400 mcg folic acid)||667 mcg||167%|
|Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)||100 mcg||4,167%|
|Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate)||50 mg||1,000%|
|Calcium (as calcium carbonate)||150 mg||12%|
|Iodine (from kelp)||150 mcg||100%|
|Magnesium (as magensium oxide)||150 mg||36%|
|Zinc (as zinc oxide)||15 mg||136%|
|Selenium (as selenomethionine)||70 mcg||127%|
|Copper (as copper gluconate)||.9 mg||100%|
|Manganese (as manganese gluconate)||2.3 mg||100%|
|Chromium (as chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate)||120 mcg||343%|
|Molybdenum (as molybdenum amino acid chelate)||75 mcg||167%|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||50 mg||*|
|Silica (as silicon dioxide)||2 mg||*|
|Lutein (from marigold flower extract)||2 mg||*|
|Boron (as boron chelate)||.5 mg||*|
|Vanadium (as vanadium amino acid chelate)||10 mcg||*|
|Nickel (as nickel sulfate)||5 mcg||*|
|Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose Sodium, Film Coat (Hypromellose, Polyethylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose), and Magnesium Stearate.|
|Directions: As a dietary supplement, take 1 tablet daily immediately following a meal. If taken on an empty stomach, you may feel a tingling, flush effect to the skin. This is a normal reaction to niacin.|
The Signature Multivitamin for Athletes
- Universal Nutrition Animal Pak
- MuscleTech VitaMax Sport SX-7 Black Onyx For Men
- Axis Labs ENDOSHIELD
- NOW Men’s Extreme Sports Multi
We’re hoping Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin can join their ranks. When a product carries the name of arguably the world’s most famous fitness website, your expectations soar.
Unfortunately, some of supplements from this product line such as Bodybuilding.com Signature Amino Plus Energy and Bodybuilding.com Signature 100% Whey Protein didn’t live up to lofty expectations due to their filler content.
We’re hoping their multivitamin counterpart takes the high road. On that note, some studies suggest athletes’ nutrition habits aren’t enough. In fact, these “provide less than the daily recommended vitamin intake,” per Wageningen University & Research’s official website.
The conclusion? It’s best for hard-training athletes to take “a daily low-dose multivitamin pill as ‘extra insurance,'” per the same source.
We agree with the assessment. Whole foods should be the primary source of one’s nutrition. However, they can leave nutrition gaps which only multivitamins can fill.
It sure seems to us Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin can do that and more. In fact, the manufacturer’s official website says this product can “fill those gaps with key nutrients that support your overall health and even your athlete performance.” We like that.
The manufacturer doesn’t classify the ingredients into several blends. It features the usual lineup of vitamins and minerals plus other components (such as alpha lipoic acid, silica, lutein, etc.) for today’s athlete.
The first thing we look for in a multivitamin is an “All-Natural” or “100 Percent Natural” label. You don’t want any synthetic ingredients lacing your supplement. The more natural it is, the better.
Unfortunately, we didn’t find either of those labels on Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin. That could be a sign this multivitamin has synthetic components. Watch out.
Essential Nutrients for Athletes
Dieticians of Canada’s official website enumerates the essential vitamins and minerals for athletes:
- Iron: A mineral which helps transport oxygen to the muscles, which, in turn, helps ward off fatigue
- B vitamins: These vitamins help ramp up energy levels, repair muscle tissue, and boost the health of red blood cells.
- Antioxidants (vitamin C, vitamin E, beta carotene, and selenium): These help ward off cellular and free radical damage.
- Calcium and vitamin D: These helps strengthen teeth, bones, nerves, and muscles. They also boost the immune system.
Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin doesn’t have iron. It may turn out to be a blessing in disguise because the intestines cannot filter out excess supplemental iron. These may result in toxic levels of this mineral which can cause serious issues.
Try consuming iron from natural sources such as fish, meat, and poultry. You can absorb iron more efficiently from these than plant-based sources, per Dieticians of Canada.
On the other hand, Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin has impressive amounts of B vitamins which help increase energy levels and boost heart health. See for yourself how its B vitamin arsenal stacks up against the competition (a daily value of at least 15 percent is high):
|Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin||Universal Nutrition Animal Pak||EFX Sports VitaDrive|
|Vitamin B1||10 mg (833 percent DV)||76 mg (5,067 percent DV)||200 mg (13,333 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B2||8.5 mg (654 percent DV)||76 mg (4,471 percent DV)||200 mg (11,764 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B3||60 mg (375 percent DV)||82 mg (410 percent DV)||200 mg (1,000 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B5||50 mg (1,000 percent DV)||76 mg (760 percent DV)||200 mg (2,000 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B7||300 mcg (1,000 percent DV)||300 mcg (100 percent DV)||200 mcg (67 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B9||667 mcg (167 percent DV)||400 mcg (100 percent DV)||800 mcg (200 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B12||100 mcg (4,167 percent DV)||11 mcg (185 percent DV)||200 mcg (3,334 percent DV)|
It’s clear EFX Sports VitaDrive remains the King of B vitamin content in this product line. However, Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin has the edge in terms of vitamin B7 and vitamin B12 content. It’s no slouch in the B vitamin department, that’s for sure.
As for this product’s antioxidant content, it’s decent:
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid): 200 mg (222 percent DV)
- Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate): 16.5 mg (110 percent DV)
- Selenium (as selenomethionine): 70 mcg (127 percent DV)
Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin doesn’t have beta carotene (a precursor of vitamin A). Its vitamin A component comes from retinyl palmitate, the fat-soluble version which helps strengthen bones, boost brain health, and generate blood cells – not bad for today’s athlete, if you ask us.
In terms of its calcium and vitamin D content, Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin is a picture of two extremes. On one hand, it has so-so calcium levels (12 percent of the daily value). It has excellent vitamin D content (250 percent of the daily value) on the other.
With that in mind, Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin will help strengthen your teeth, bones, nerves, and muscles, owing to its superior vitamin D levels. However, it lags behind other brands which have top-notch calcium and vitamin D content.
Some multivitamins overlook components such as chromium, copper, and vitamin K. Not Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin. It has 343 percent of the daily value for chromium. It also has 100 percent of the daily value for both copper and vitamin K.
This is good news for the hard-training athlete. Their combined benefits include stronger bones, better heart health, increased muscle growth and fat loss, and ramped-up energy and human growth hormone (HGH) levels.
Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin also has alpha lipoic acid (ALA), silica, lutein, lycopene, boron, vanadium, and nickel, which you can also find in many multivitamin brands. So, nothing new there.
We’re not underestimating their benefits. Don’t get us wrong; it’s good to include these in your multivitamin. If you’re an athlete, you will benefit from these, for sure.
The reality is, Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin can’t keep up with the likes of Universal Nutrition Animal Pak in terms of additional health benefits.
The latter has eight essential amino acids (EAAs), carnitine, eleuthero root, inositol, milk thistle, and grape seed extract, just to name a few. If you want a more well-rounded multivitamin, Universal Nutrition Animal Pak is the better choice.
Nonetheless, Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin’s solid ingredient profile can help any athlete conquer his or her fitness goals. It’s not the kind of athlete multivitamin which will blow you away. However, it will produce good results.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate), 1,500 mcg: A vitamin which helps boost vision, generate blood cells, strengthen bones, and enhance cognitive function.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 200 mg: A powerful antioxidant which helps ward off free radicals. Vitamin C also helps boost eye health, regulate blood pressure levels, improve cardiovascular function, and produce collagen (the protein found in connective tissue).
- Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol), 50 mcg: A vitamin which helps keep free radicals at bay, increase antioxidant protection, strengthen bones and teeth, and regulate the immune system.
- Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate), 16.5 mg: This vitamin helps stifle free radical activity, shorten recovery time, and boost hydration.
- Vitamin K (as phytonadione), 120 mcg: A vitamin which helps regulate blood sugar levels and blood clotting, regulate immunity, and boost digestion.
- Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate), 120 mcg: Simply known as vitamin B1, this ingredient helps ramp up energy levels and boost heart health. An impressive 833 percent of the daily value for vitamin B1 should do the trick.
- Riboflavin, 8.5 mg: Also known as vitamin B2, this component helps increase energy levels and regulate immunity and digestion. Expect a solid 654 percent of the daily value to exceed your expectations.
- Niacin, 60 mg: Vitamin B3 helps improve heart health and joint mobility. Three hundred seventy-five percent of the daily value is a sure bet.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl), 10 mg: This vitamin helps regulate homocysteine levels (a non-protein amino acid detrimental to cardiovascular function) for better heart health.
- Folate (400 mcg folate acid), 667 mcg: Simply known as vitamin B9, this ingredient helps regulate cholesterol levels and boost heart health.
- Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin), 100 mcg: This is Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin’s most abundant ingredient at an insane 4,167 percent of the daily value. It will help increase your energy levels and boost your heart health, for sure.
- Biotin, 300 mcg:Vitamin B7 helps repair muscle tissue, keep inflammation at bay, and boost nail, skin, and hair health. An impressive 1,000 percent of the daily value should help you reap all of these benefits.
- Pantothenic acid (as d-calcium pantothenate), 50 mg: Vitamin B5 helps improve cardiovascular function, boost immunity, increase stamina, and keep stress levels in check. An awesome 1,000 percent of the daily value is a sure thing.
- Calcium (as calcium carbonate), 150 mg: Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin is a so-so source of calcium at 12 percent of the daily value.
- Iodine (from kelp), 150 mcg: Helps stifle bacterial activity and regulate thyroid function.
- Magnesium (as magnesium oxide), 150 mg: A mineral which helps regulate the immune system and blood pressure levels, increase testosterone levels, strengthen bones, boost heart health, improve sleep quality, and regulate muscle and nerve function.
- Zinc (as zinc oxide), 15 mg: This mineral helps ramp up testosterone levels, improve sleep quality, ward off free radicals, strengthen bones, and increase fat loss.
- Selenium (as selenomethionine), 70 mcg: This mineral helps regulate thyroid hormone production, improve cardiovascular function, stifle free radical activity, and boost immunity.
- Copper (as copper gluconate), 0.9 mg: A mineral which helps ramp up energy and human growth hormone (HGH) levels. These are great benefits for any hard-training athlete.
- Manganese (as manganese gluconate), 2.3 mg: A mineral which helps increase testosterone levels and regulate connective tissue formation.
- Chromium (as chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate), 120 mcg: This mineral helps improve insulin sensitivity for increased fat loss and muscle growth. You can be sure an impressive 343 percent of the daily value can help you on these fronts.
- Molybdenum (as molybdenum amino acid chelate), 75 mcg: An essential mineral which helps strengthen teeth, ward off free radicals, and eliminate waste products from the body.
- Alpha lipoic acid, 50 mg: A powerful antioxidant which helps keep free radicals at bay. It also helps enhance the activity of vitamin C and vitamin E and boost heart health.
- Silica (as silicon dioxide), 2 mg: An ingredient which helps boost joint, hair, nail, and skin health; strengthen bones, regulate the immune system, and detoxify the body.
- Lutein (from marigold flower extract), 2 mg: A carotenoid which helps protect the eyes from ultraviolet light, keep inflammation and free radicals at bay, and boost heart health.
- Lycopene, 1 mg: A phytonutrient found naturally in tomatoes which helps improve vision, regulate cardiovascular function, and stifle free radical activity.
- Boron (as boron chelate), 0.5 mg: A mineral which helps increase focus, strengthen bones, ramp up muscle mass, balance hormones, and regulate blood sugar levels.
- Vanadium (as vanadium amino acid chelate), 10 mcg: A trace mineral which helps produce hormones, shorten recovery time, and boost weight loss.
- Nickel (as nickel sulfate), 5 mcg: A mineral found in chocolate, nuts, dried beans, and soybeans which helps strengthen bones and increase iron absorption. Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin is one of the few of its kind on the market which has nickel.
The manufacturer claims Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin can help fill nutrition gaps, improve overall health, and boost athletic performance. After a thorough analysis, we agree with the company’s assessment. In fact, we daresay it’s the best in its signature product line.
Supplements such as Bodybuilding.com Signature 100% Whey Protein and Bodybuilding.com Bodybuilding.com Signature Amino Plus Energy didn’t meet our expectations. We’re hoping their multivitamin counterpart would pick up the slack in a big way.
Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin meets the needs of athletes because of its impressive ingredient profile. You start with key amounts of B vitamins, and you can expect improved heart health and increased energy levels.
Like we said, if you want more vitamin B7 and vitamin B12, you should buy Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin. It has one of the highest amounts of these two components (1,000 percent and 4,167 percent of the daily value, respectively) on the market.
This product also has ample amounts of antioxidants such as vitamin C (222 percent of the daily value), vitamin E (110 percent of the daily value), and selenium (127 percent of the daily value) which athletes need.
On the other hand, 250 percent of the daily value for vitamin D should help these individuals strengthen their bones, teeth, nerves, and muscles. Key amounts of chromium (343 percent of the daily value), copper (100 percent of the daily value), and vitamin K (100 percent of the daily value) should also help.
Like we said, Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin’s additional components such as ALA, silica, lutein, lycopene, and boron will also help a great deal. Expect increased antioxidant protection, improved vision, and better heart health, among other things.
It bears repeating: Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin’s health-boosting ingredients are not as comprehensive as, say, Universal Nutrition Animal Pak (which is one of the most well-rounded multivitamins we’ve ever sized up).
Transparency-wise, the manufacturer does an excellent job. It breaks down all of the ingredients. We give this move a huge thumbs up.
Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin also has a reasonable price: one 90-serving bottle (which is good for three months) costs just $14.99, per its official website.
On the flip side, we didn’t find any “All-Natural” label on this product. That could be a sign it has fillers. We certainly hope not.
Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin also has mediocre calcium content at 12 percent of the daily value. This mineral helps strengthen bones, nerves, and muscles. If you’re an athlete, and you’re particular about your calcium intake, you may be better off buying a different multivitamin.
Despite these chinks, we stand by our claim: Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin is the best in this signature product line so far. If you want an athlete multivitamin which can help you improve your performance, this one should help immensely.
Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin Benefits
Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Fills nutrition gaps
- Boosts overall health
- Improves athletic peformance
We agree with all of these claims. Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin is a great asset to any hard-training athlete.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin for healthy and active individuals who want to fill nutrition gaps, improve long-term health, increase athletic performance, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin has 375 percent of the daily value for vitamin B3 (niacin), an ingredient which may cause a burning or tingling sensation in the face and chest regions.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin Review Summary
- Impressive ingredients. Typical dosages for your regular athlete multivitamin.
- High B vitamin amounts. Help boost heart health and increase energy levels.
- Insane vitamin B7 and vitamin B12 levels. Highest among athlete multivitamins.
- Antioxidants. Ample vitamin C, vitamin E, and selenium amounts.
- High in vitamin D. Two hundred fifty percent of the daily value.
- Additional ingredients for better health. ALA, silica, lutein, lycopene, etc.
- Excellent transparency. Manufacturer reveals all of the ingredient amounts. Thumbs up.
- Reasonable price. $14.99 for a 90-tablet bottle.
- No “All-Natural” label. Could be a sign product has fillers.
- Mediocre calcium content. Twelve percent of the daily value.
- Reputation. Not as known as other big-name multivitamins.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 Bottle (90-Day Supply): $14.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin
When arguably the world’s most popular fitness website manufactures a multivitamin, expectations soar. While not perfect, Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin does a better job than its protein, pre-workout, and BCAA counterparts.
We recommend you buy Bodybuilding.com Signature Multivitamin for increased athletic performance and better health. Make it a part of your supplement stack today.