Perhaps you’re a hard-training athlete who’s been searching long and hard for a B-vitamin-rich product.
We know, we know. The search can be arduous for any customer.
Perhaps we can help.
One multivitamin which comes to mind is EFX Sports VitaDrive.
If it’s insane 13,333 percent of the daily value for vitamin B1 doesn’t grab you, nothing will.
Buckle up and enjoy the review, folks.
About EFX Sports VitaDrive
EFX Sports VitaDrive is “heavily focused on the critical B vitamins athletes need to to perform at their best. The rest of its ingredients fall within key proportions and ratios that enhances the overall effectiveness of the complete formula,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- King of B vitamins. No other multivitamin comes close.
- Has Informed-Choice.org stamp of approval. No banned substances. Awesome.
- Dirty ingredients. Has artificial food colorings. Boo.
EFX Sports VitaDrive Supplement Facts (120 Capsules)
|Serving Size: 4 Capsules|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C||500 mg||833%|
|Vitamin A (Beta Carotene)||20,000 USP||400%|
|Vitamin D||1000 I.U.||250%|
|Vitamin E||300 I.U.||1,000%|
|Vitamin B1||200 mg||13,333%|
|Vitamin B2||200 mg||11,764%|
|Vitamin B6||200 mg||10,000%|
|Vitamin B12||200 mcg||3,334%|
|Vitamin B5||200 mg||2,000%|
|Folic Acid||800 mcg||200%|
|Choline Bitartrate||200 mg||**|
|Citrus Bioflavonoids||50 mg||**|
|Selenium (from chelate)||0.04 mcg||<1%|
|Chromium (from GTF)||0.96 mcg||<1%|
|Hesperidin complex||10 mcg||**|
|Betaine Hydrochloride||50 mg||**|
|Glutamic Acid||50 mg||**|
|Iodine (from Kelp)||300 mcg||200%|
|Calcium (from chelate)||20 mg||2%|
|Potassium (from chelate)||4 mg||<1%|
|Iron (from chelate)||2 mg||11%|
|Magnesium (from chelate)||3.3 mg||1%|
|Manganese (from chelate)||2.4 mg||120%|
|Zinc (from chelate)||6 mg||40%|
|Other Ingredients: Capsule (gelatin, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6, FD&C Red #40), maltodextrin, & magnesium stearate.|
|Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, consume 4 capsules daily with food.|
Performance Vitamins for Athletes
We’ve featured some athlete multivitamin reviews here on B5.
Whether you’re into bodybuilding or some other sport, you need multivitamins to help increase your performance and fill those nutrition gaps.
When you train hard, eat right, and get enough rest, you are on the right track.
However, when you add quality supplements such as multivitamins, you’re taking things to a higher level.
That’s because their ingredient profiles (such as B vitamins and the like) stand out from the rest of the field.
We’re hoping we can classify EFX Sports VitaDrive in the same category.
According to the manufacturer’s official website, EFX Sports VitaDrive “is designed for athletes only.”
This product is “heavily focused on the critical B vitamins athletes need to perform at their best. The rest of its ingredients fall within key proportions and ratios that enhances the overall effectiveness of the complete formula,” per the same source.
We like it. The manufacturer hit a home run with those claims. More on them later.
The first thing we look for in a multivitamin is an “All-Natural” or “ISO-Certified” label.
The bad news: we found neither on EFX Sports VitaDrive.
The good news: this multivitamin has an Informed-Choice.org stamp of approval.
Informed-Choice “is a monitoring program that certifies that a supplement product and/or raw material that bears the Informed-Choice logo has been ‘skip-lot’ tested (tested at least on a monthly basis) for banned substances by LGC’s world-class sports anti-doping lab,” per its official website.
That says it all, folks.
Based on Informed-Choice’s statement, EFX Sports VitaDrive has no banned substances.
That’s awesome. However, we spotted a few fillers. More specifically, these are artificial food colorings FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Yellow No. 6, and FD&C Red No. 40.
No, they’re not banned. But we hope they will be.
Why? Experts have linked them to several nasty side effects.
On that note, had the folks at EFX Sports done away with those artificial food colorings, their multivitamin could have been clean as a whistle.
That’s not the case.
On the other hand, we have stumbled upon the new king of B vitamins among athlete multivitamins.
Check out how EFX Sports VitaDrive lords it over two of its closest competitors:
|Beverly International Super Pak||JYM Vita JYM||EFX Sports VitaDrive|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||150 mg (10,000 percent DV)||100 mg (6,623 percent DV)||200 mg (13,333 percent DV)|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||150 mg (8,823 percent DV)||100 mg (5,882 percent DV)||200 mg (11,764 percent)|
|Niacin (Vitamin B3)||150 mg (750 percent DV)||100 mg (500 percent DV)||200 mg (1,000 percent DV)|
|Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)||150 mg (1,500 percent DV)||100 mg (1,000 percent DV)||200 mg (2,000 percent DV)|
|Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)||150 mg (7,500 percent DV)||100 mg (5,000 percent DV)||200 mg (10,000 DV)|
B vitamins help supply the body with energy and improve cardiovascular health – two critical components for athletes.
Well, EFX Sports VitaDrive is a bona fide game changer in those two aspects – look no further than the insane B vitamin amounts, folks.
Put it this way: this multivitamin’s incredible B vitamin arsenal will help turn you into a super athlete.
Now, let’s turn our attention to the other vitamins and minerals which are crucial for athletes, per Dieticians of Canada:
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
The organization says, “Iron is crucial for athletes because it helps the body use and carry oxygen to active muscles,”
More oxygen to the muscles translates to increased energy levels and motivation.
Unfortunately, EFX Sports VitaDrive’s two milligrams of iron per serving is equal to just 11 percent of the daily value (anything more than 15 percent has a high value) – the impact won’t be as powerful as the iron content of other multivitamins.
That’s not the case with EFX Sports Vita Drive’s beta-carotene (vitamin A) content.
This supplement’s beta-carotene content represents an impressive 400 percent of the daily value (20,000 USP per serving).
The other antioxidant amounts (except selenium) aren’t shabby, either:
- Vitamin E: 300 IU (1,000 percent DV)
- Vitamin C: 500 mg (833 percent DV)
- Selenium: 0.04 mcg (less than one percent DV)
EFX Sports VitaDrive’s vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin C content should help shore up any hard-training athlete’s antioxidant levels.
On the other hand, Dieticians of Canada’s official website says, “Calcium and vitamin D are important for healthy bones, teeth, muscles, nerves, and hormone function. Vitamin D also helps keep your immune system healthy.”
EFX Sports VitaDrive has 1,000 IU of vitamin D per serving (equal to 200 percent of the daily value). Most multivitamins which have vitamin D have between 200 to 350 percent of the daily value.
EFX Sports VitaDrive holds up well in that regard.
Too bad its calcium content isn’t up to snuff at at just 20 milligrams per serving (two percent of the daily value).
For reference, any nutrient which is five percent of the daily value or lower has a low value.
EFX Sports VitaDrive also doesn’t have overlooked ingredients such as vitamin K and copper.
Their combined benefits include stronger bones, better heart health, and more muscle mass.
Too bad. At least EFX Sports VitaDrive’s insane B vitamin levels somehow make up for it.
The verdict: EFX Sports VitaDrive is sure to take an athlete’s performance to the next level.
However, several key ingredients for athletes (selenium, calcium, vitamin K, copper, and chromium) either don’t measure up or are missing in action.
Plus, several artificial food colorings taint this supplement.
EFX Sports VitaDrive isn’t perfect, but it will still make an impact.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin C, 500 mg: This vitamin acts as a powerful antioxidant and helps produce collagen, the protein found in connective tissue – perfect benefits for the hard-training athlete.
- Vitamin A (beta-carotene), 20,000 USP: While beta-carotene is primarily known for its eye health benefits, it also helps strengthen bones and increase muscle mass. Wow.
- Vitamin D, 1,000 IU: A vitamin which plays an integral role in bone, teeth, muscle, nerve, and hormone function. Vitamin D also helps keep free radicals at bay and strengthen the heart.
- Vitamin E, 300 IU: A vitamin which helps shorten recovery time from strenuous exercise. An awesome 1,000 percent of the daily value should be more than enough.
- Vitamin B1, 200 mg: EFX Sports VitaDrive’s most abundant ingredient at an insane 13,333 percent of the daily value – the highest we’ve seen in a multivitamin. We’re confident this much will help ramp up your energy levels and shore up your heart health.
- Vitamin B2, 200 mg: If you’re looking for the ultimate source of vitamin B2 for increased energy levels and improved immune and digestive system support, EFX Sports Vita Drive is the one. It has an unbelievable 11,764 percent of the daily value for riboflavin.
- Vitamin B6, 200 mg: A vitamin known for its ability to keep homocysteine levels in check. The lower your homocysteine levels are, the better your heart health is. This is a sure thing, considering this multivitamin’s whopping 10,000 percent of the daily value for vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B12, 200 mcg: Classic B vitamin for better heart health and increased energy levels. Three thousand three hundred thirty-four percent of the daily value ought to do the trick.
- Niacinamide, 200 mg: When you consume niacinamide or vitamin B3, you improve your heart health and joint mobility. Warning: high doses may result in “niacin flushing” (a burning sensation in the face and chest areas) in some individuals.
- PABA, 200 mg: Also known as para-aminobenzoic acid, this water-soluble vitamin helps boost hair, skin, and intestinal health.
- Vitamin B5, 200 mg: This vitamin helps increase stamina, ward off fatigue, and regulate the immune system – great benefits for any hard-training athlete.
- Biotin, 200 mcg: Simply known as vitamin B7, this ingredient helps improve skin, nail, and hair health. Biotin also helps keep inflammation at bay and repair muscle tissue.
- Folic acid, 800 mcg: Also known as vitamin B9, this component helps lower cholesterol levels and boost cardiovascular health.
- Choline bitartrate, 200 mg: A nootropic which helps improve memory, increase endurance, lower cholesterol levels, and ward off nasty free radicals.
- Inositol, 200 mg: A cell membrane component which helps lower cholesterol levels, improve respiratory health, and keep free radicals at bay.
- Rutin, 50 mg: A bioflavonoid which helps ward off inflammation, ramp up collagen formation, keeps bad cholesterol levels in check, and improve vitamin C absorption.
- Citrus bioflavonoids, 50 mg: These help improve vitamin C utilization and keep inflammation and free radical activity at bay.
- Selenium (from chelate), 0.04 mcg: EFX Sports VitaDrive is not a significant source of selenium with a daily value of less than one percent.
- Chromium (from GTF), 0.96 mcg: It’s also not a significant source of chromium at less than one percent of the daily value.
- Hesperidin complex, 10 mcg: A citrus bioflavonoid complex which provides great antioxidant support and improves circulation.
- Betaine hydrochloride, 50 mg: An ingredient which helps improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Glutamic acid, 50 mg: A non-essential amino acid and neurotransmitter which helps boost brain health.
- Iodine (from kelp), 300 mcg: An ingredient which helps regulate thyroid activity and keep bacterial activity in check.
- Calcium (from chelate), 20 mg: EFX Sports VitaDrive is not a significant source of calcium at just two percent of the daily value.
- Potassium (from chelate), 4 mg: It’s also not a significant source of potassium at less than one percent of the daily value.
- Iron (from chelate), 2 mg: A mineral which helps transport oxygen to muscles for increased energy levels. EFX Sports VitaDrive’s 11 percent of the daily value isn’t high at all.
- Magnesium (from chelate), 3.3 mg: EFX Sports VitaDrive is not a significant source of magnesium at a paltry one percent of the daily value.
- Manganese (from chelate), 2.4 mg: A mineral which helps ramp up testosterone levels and produce connective tissue.
- Zinc (from chelate), 6 mg: A mineral which helps strengthen bones, boost weight loss, increase immunity, keep free radicals at bay, and increase testosterone levels.
- RNA, 9.5 mg: A chemical compound which helps boost memory.
Make no mistake about it, folks: EFX Sports VitaDrive is making a statement as the go-to multivitamin for the hard-training athlete.
You can start with the insane B vitamin levels.
We’ve never seen a multivitamin with this kind of B vitamin arsenal. Imagine, you get a whopping 13,333 percent of the daily value for vitamin B1 alone.
Like we said, EFX Sports VitaDrive’s B vitamin content is a sure thing when it comes to increased energy levels and better heart health.
On that note, it has dethroned Beverly International Super Pak as the king of B vitamins among multivitamins.
As for the other essential nutrients for athletes (iron, beta-carotene, selenium, vitamin C, vitamin E, calcium, and vitamin D), this product does well, but comes up short on selenium and calcium.
It also has no vitamin K and copper.
If you’re particular about those ingredients, other multivitamin supplements may be more up your alley.
EFX Sports VitaDrive isn’t as comprehensive, as say, Optimum Nutrition OPTI-MEN, but it does have several nootropics (such as choline bitartrate and glutamic acid), bioflavonoids, and testosterone boosters.
Expect increased focus, better antioxidant support, and more muscle mass as a result.
We also love the manufacturer’s transparency – it divulges all of the ingredient amounts. Awesome.
Plus, EFX Sports VitaDrive enjoys a great reputation among customers. They say it works quite well. We’re sure it’s mostly because of the ramped-up B vitamin levels.
On the other hand, while we’re stoked EFX Sports VitaDrive has the Informed-Choice.org stamp of approval, we’re not so happy about the artificial food coloring content (FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Yellow No. 6, and FD&C Red No. 40).
We already mentioned these have certain side effects. Not good.
Despite its flaws, EFX Sports VitaDrive still has a good upside. We’re sure it can help athletes in more ways than one.
EFX Sports VitaDrive Benefits
EFX Sports VitaDrive has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Formulated for hard-training athletes
- Quick-release capsules for faster nutrient absorption
- Increased B vitamin content
- Impressive combination of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- No banned substances
We agree with most of these claims. We believe EFX Sports VitaDrive will help serious athletes improve their performance.
Who Takes It?
EFX Sports VitaDrive is “designed for serious athletes only,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
Any Side Effects?
EFX Sports VitaDrive has 1,000 percent of the daily value for niacin or vitamin B3, which may cause “niacin flushing” (a burning sensation in the face and chest areas).
This multivitamin also has several artificial food colorings (FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Yellow No. 6, and FD&C Red No. 40) which have several side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
EFX Sports VitaDrive Summary
- Good ingredient combo. Good combination of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, nootropics, and bioflavonoids.
- King of B vitamin content. No other multivitamin comes close.
- Helps increase energy levels and boost heart health. Thanks to superior B vitamin content.
- Good amounts of beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin E. Nutrients for the serious athlete.
- Has Informed-Choice.org stamp of approval. No banned substances. Awesome.
- Great transparency. Manufacturer divulges all of the ingredient amounts. Bravo.
- Good reputation. Customers have given it high marks online.
- Comes up short on several ingredients. Minuscule calcium and selenium content. No vitamin K and copper.
- Dirty ingredients. Has artificial food colorings. Boo.
- Inconvenience. Consuming four capsules daily may be a chore for busy folks.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 120-Capsule Bottle (30-Day Supply): $24.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on EFX Sports VitaDrive
EFX Sports VitaDrive comes as a pleasant surprise.
Who would’ve thought this product from an unheralded manufacturer would emerge as the King of B vitamins?
We sure didn’t.
Despite its flaws, EFX Sports VitaDrive is a good asset to any hard-training athlete.
We recommend you try it. Better yet, when the manufacturer comes up with a cleaner version, we recommend you buy it.