If you’re on the Keto Diet, looking for a solid bodybuilding supplement can be a daunting task. Don’t fret, MRI KETO should live up to your expectations, as you’ll find out in this review.
About MRI KETO
“MRI KETO is the cutting-edge, most convenient approach to initiating and sustaining a ketogenic diet,” per the manufacturer’s official website. Formula notes:
- Impressive formulation. Should complement one’s Keto Diet nutrition goals nicely.
- Incredible vitamin levels. Features astronomical amounts of vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin K.
- 2.4 grams of caprylic acid per serving. Helps initiate ketosis for increased fat burning and energy levels.
MRI KETO Supplement Facts (120 softgels)
|Serving Size: 4 Softgels|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||20|
|Total Fat||4 g||6%|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||400 mg||670%|
|Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)||800 IU||200%|
|Vitamin K (as Menaquinone)||1600 mcg||2000%|
|Caprylic Acid||2400 mg||**|
|Fish Oil||800 mg||**|
|Provides Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids||240 mg||**|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Gelatin (Bovine), Glycerin, Yellow Beeswax, Purified Water, Soy Lecithin, FD&C Yellow No. 5, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40.|
|Directions: Take 4 softgels with breakfast daily.|
Optimize Your Workout
If you want to boost your fat loss, going on the ketogenic diet may be a good idea (check with your doctor first if you have any doubts). This nutrition plan focuses on a high-fat (75 percent), moderate-protein (20 percent), and low-carbohydrate (five percent) intake.
For carbs, the ketogenic diet puts a premium on nuts, dairy, and vegetables. Consumption of fruit (except star fruit, avocado, and berries), potatoes, beans, legumes, cereals, pasta, and bread are off limits. Proponents of the Keto Diet say cutting down on carbs drastically forces the body to go into a metabolic state known as ketosis.
Once you’re in this state, experts believe you’ll experience decreased appetite, increased weight loss, keep your triglyceride levels in check, and increase HDL (good cholesterol) levels for better cardiovascular function.
As for protein, one can consume 1.5 to 2.0 grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight. Among the best protein sources for the Keto Diet include shellfish, eggs, goat/lamb, pork, poultry (chicken, turkey, quail, and duck), fish, and beef.
To complement your protein intake while on the Keto Diet, these protein supplements should fit the bill perfectly:
- Jay Robb Whey Protein
- Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate
- Dymatize ISO100
- EFX Sports Training Ground Isolate
- AllMax IsoFlex
On the other hand, the Keto Diet emphasizes healthy fat sources such as monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, and omega-3 fatty acids. While you’re on this nutrition plan, you can consume MCT oil, butter, lard, chicken fat, and duck fat to get optimum results.
Speaking of which, taking a fat burner supplement can help you reach your fitness goals while on a ketogenic diet. We’re hoping MRI KETO is that one fat burner which stands out from the rest of the field.
Take a hint from the supplement name: the manufacturer meant this fat burner to complement your Keto Diet nutrition plan. “MRI KETO is the cutting-edge, most convenient approach to initiating and sustaining a ketogenic diet. When your body undergoes ketosis, it shifts your preferred source of fuel from carbohydrates to fat – making your body a fat-burning machine,” per its official website.
That descrption captures the essence of the Keto Diet perfectly. The nutrition plan itself yields impressive results. Factor in a good fat burner such as MRI KETO, and your results should soar.
Formulation, 4 Softgels
Leading the charge for MRI KETO is 2.4 grams of caprylic acid per four-softgel serving. This is “an ultra-purified medium chain triglyceride (MCT), a type of fat derived from coconut oil that helps initiate ketosis by being quickly absorbed into the body and converting fat into energy,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
Check out its important health benefits:
- Keeps cholesterol levels in check
- Boosts immunity
- Improves gut and dental health
- Enhances cognitive function
- Stifles bacterial activity
- Promotes healthy blood pressure levels
Don’t get us wrong; these are tremendous benefits. However, MCT supplementation doesn’t boost exercise, particularly endurance exercise. “MCT supplementation for ultra-endurance exercises does not seem to promote a performance enhancement that would support its use. In spite of the MCT oxidation rates increase when ingested with CHO, this does not seem to spare the glycogen organic reserves or improve performance,” per the Brazilian journal Rev Bras Med Esporte’s November/December 2003 issue (via sciELO.br).
Nonetheless, consuming MCT is an integral part of the Keto Diet. Caprylic acid provides great health benefits. Even if it doesn’t do much in terms of exercise endurance, you can still resort to an effective pre-workout supplement to help you crank out more reps at the gym.
Next up are 800 milligrams of fish oil (240 millgrams of omega-3 fatty acids) per serving. Eating fish is a great way of getting enough omega-3 fatty acids. No less than the American Heart Association’s official website says, “Research has shown that omega-3 fatty acids decrease risk of arrhythmias (abnormal heartbeats), which can lead to sudden death. Omega-3 fatty acids also decrease triglyceride levels, slow growth rate of atheroscopic plaque, and lower blood pressure (slightly).”
The same source also says whole-food intake of omega-3 fatty acids may not be sufficient for those with cardiovascular issues. Supplementation may be necessary (depending on the physician’s discretion). Let’s also not forget omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil help ward off inflammation, promote healthy blood sugar levels, and boost fat burning. The latter benefit screams “Keto Diet” loud and clear. Make no mistake about it.
Long story short, fish oil supplementation is a convenient way of shoring up heart health (especially if an individual doesn’t like eating fish). It’s also a good way of complementing one’s ketogenic diet, since it emphasizes a high-fat intake. We say 800 milligrams of fish oil per four-softgel serving will go a long way.
MRI KETO also has 200 milligrams of caffeine per serving. This is arguably the world’s most popular stimulant (which you can find in many pre-workouts and energy boosters). It has many health benefits, too:
- Ramps up energy levels
- Torches fat
- Improves physical performance
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Boosts liver function
- Keeps free radicals at bay
It’s clear caffeine complements the Keto Diet because of its ability to increase fat burning. More importantly, caffeine helps ramp up plasma ketone levels – a vital aim of the Keto Diet. Experts believe higher ketone levels help boost weight loss as well as physical and mental performance. That bodes well for any individual who works out at the gym regularly.
Please bear in mind caffeine is a double-edged sword: it may produce a spike-crash effect, jitters, nervousness, and sleeplessness in some individuals. MRI KETO’s caffeine content is roughly equal to two cups of brewed coffee. If you’re sensitive to caffeine, skip this product.
We’re also pleased MRI KETO has outstanding levels of vitamin C (as ascorbic acid, 670 percent of the daily value), vitamin D (as cholecalciferol, 200 percent of the daily value), and vitamin K (and menaquinone, 2,000 percent of the daily value). These amounts are similar to those of many leading multivitamins. Impressive, to say the least.
“Vitamins C, D, and K work together to help boost your immune system, promote muscle protein synthesis, and help build lean muscle mass,” per MRI-Performance’s official website. Well, that’s just the proverbial tip of the iceberg. Their other combined benefits include increased free radical protection, better heart health and blood vessel function, improved vision, stronger bones, and healthier blood sugar levels. These pack a wallop, for sure.
It sure seems to us MRI KETO is a great – not perfect – complement to the ketogenic diet. When an individual makes the transition to the Keto Diet (or any nutritional plan, for that matter), he or she may experience radical changes in her body. On that note, it’s imperative that person makes the necessary lifestyle changes (exercise, nutrition, rest, and supplementation) along with guidance from a physician. We’re confident MRI KETO will help make that transition to the Keto Diet smoother.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 40: MRI KETO is a low-calorie bodybuilding supplement at just 40 per serving.
- Calories from fat, 20: This product is also low in fats at just 20 calories per four-softgel serving.
- Total fat, 4 g: MRI KETO has somewhat low fat content at just six percent of the daily value (a maximum daily value of five percent is low).
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 400 mg: Vitamin C helps ward off the common cold, keep free radicals at bay, promote healthy blood pressure levels, regulate blood vessel and cardiovascular function, improve vision, and increase energy levels. MRI KETO has an impressive 670 percent of the daily value for vitamin C.
- Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol), 800 IU: This vitamin helps strengthen bones, ward off free radicals, shore up heart health, and regulate calcium levels in the body. MRI KETO has a solid 200 percent of the daily value for vitamin D.
- Vitamin K (as menaquinone), 1,600 mcg: Vitamin K helps ward off osteoporosis, regulate blood sugar levels and blood clots, and regulate immunity and digestion. One may experience a deficiency in vitamin K while on the Keto Diet, which explains why MRI KETO has an otherworldly 2,000 percent of the daily value for this nutrient. No other fat burner comes close.
- Caprylic acid, 2,400 mg: This refers to a kind of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) from coconut oil which helps kickstart the ketosis process. Caprylic acid helps regulate cholesterol and blood pressure levels, enhance immunity and cognitive function, boost gut and dental health, and keep bacterial activity at bay.
- Fish oil, 800 mg (provides total omage-3 fatty acids, 240 mg): Fish oil is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which “are essential fatty acids which provide mental support,” per the manufacturer’s official website. Not only that, but omega-3 fatty acids also help regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, improve heart health, ward off inflammation, and boost fat loss.
- Caffeine, 200 mg: Arguably the world’s most popular stimulant which helps increase energy levels and fat loss, improve exercise performance, promote healthy blood sugar levels, boost liver function, and ward off free radicals. However, caffeine may also produce a spike-crash effect, jitters, nervousness, and sleeplessness when one takes it in excess.
If you need a supplement to fire up your journey on the Keto Diet, MRI KETO should fit the bill nicely. The manufacturer sure wasn’t kidding when it dubbed this product “the cutting-edge, most convenient approach to initiating and sustaining a ketogenic diet,” per its official website.
Bear in mind the Keto Diet places a premium on fats (75 percent of total nutritional intake). Protein (20 percent) and carbs (five percent) take a backseat. Once an individual reaches a state known as ketosis, he or she is primed to torch fat and increase energy levels.
With that in mind, MRI KETO’s solid ingredient profile make it a great complement to anyone’s ketogenic diet nutrition plan. The manufacturer places a heavy emphasis on caprylic acid (2.4 grams) and fish oil (800 milligrams [240 milligrams of omega-3 fatty acids]), two important sources of healthy fats. Their combined benefits include healthier cholesterol and blood pressure levels, improved gut and dental health, enhanced immunity and cognitive function, and better heart health. We’re confident these will help you reach ketosis faster so you can achieve your goals on the Keto Diet.
As for caffeine (200 milligrams, roughly equal to two cups of brewed coffee), it helps increase plasma ketone levels for more weight loss and increased mental and physical performance. Not only that, but caffeine alos helps increase energy levels, regulate blood sugar levels, improve liver function, and ward off free radicals.
Caffeine does have many great upsides. However, its downsides include a spike-crash effect, jitters, nervousness, and sleeplessness. As always, please proceed with caution if you’re consuming any bodybuilding supplement with caffeine.
We love MRI KETO’s insane amounts of vitamin C (670 percent of the daily value), vitamin D (200 percent of the daily value), and vitamin K (2,000 percent of the daily value). Like we said, these levels aren’t far off from many big-name multivitamins. That’s saying a lot. As for their benefits, they help ward off free radicals, improve cardiovascular function, strengthen bones, improve vision, and regulate blood pressure levels, blood clots, and blood vessel function, among other things. You simply cannot pass up on these.
The manufacturer also does a tremendous job in terms of transparency – it reveals all of the ingredient amounts. That bodes well for customers. We give that move a huge thumbs-up.
Unfortunately, MRI KETO contains fillers, particularly the artificial food colorings FD&C Blue No. 1 and FD&C Red No. 40. These have certain side effects, including carcinogenicity. Watch out.
Practicality may be an issue to some individuals – swallowing four softgels every morning may be a huge chore for them. It may take some time for a person to get used to this routine.
Finally, MRI KETO is a new produce. Hence, it doesn’t enjoy the sterling reputation of many big-name fat burners on the market. We’re confident this supplement will gain more traction down the line (especially if the manufacturer does away with those artificial food colorings).
As a parting shot, MRI KETO should help you achieve your fitness goals if you’re on the Keto Diet. Making the transition to this nutrition plan isn’t an easy task. Expect your body to undergo some major changes. With that in mind, MRI KETO should do more than just help one reach a state of ketosis – it should help his or her quality of life.
MRI KETO Benefits
“MRI KETO begins working quickly, and just one dose keeps working for up to four hours to increase your metabolic rate and raise that amount of free fatty acids available in your blood to be burned for energy,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended MRI KETO for healthy and active individuals who are on the Keto Diet who want to boost fat loss, increase energy levels, fill nutrition gaps, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
MRI KETO contains 200 milligrams of caffeine, an ingredient which may cause a spike-crash effect, jitters, nervousness, and sleeplessness when one takes it in excess.
This supplement also has several artificial food colorings (FD&C Blue No. 1 and FD&C Red No. 40) which have certain side effects, including carcinogenicity.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
MRI KETO Review Summary
- Impressive formulation. Should complement one’s Keto Diet nutrition goals nicely.
- 2.4 grams of caprylic acid per serving. Helps initiate ketosis for increased fat loss and energy levels.
- Eight hundred milligrams of fish oil per serving. Omega-3 fatty acid content helps boost heart health.
- Solid vitamin arsenal. Contains sky-high amounts of vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin K.
- Excellent transparency. Manufacturer breaks down all of the ingredient amounts.
- Fillers. Contains artificial food colorings (FD&C Blue No. 1 and FD&C Red No. 4o).
- Caffeine content. Bona fide double-edged sword.
- Practicality. Taking four softgels every morning may be a chore for some people.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 Bottle (30-Day Supply): $23.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on MRI KETO
Looking for solid Keto Diet supplements can be a daunting task. If you’re on the lookout for one, MRI KETO is worth adding to your shortlist – its solid ingredient profile should help you achieve your fitness goals. It’s not a perfect product, but it’s still a good bargain. Here’s hoping the manufacturer irons out the kinks sooner than later.