Quality protein supplements are hard to come by these days. You’re always bombarded with different brands which claim they can feed your muscles. However, they can deceive you with many fillers and proprietary blends. These don’t bode well for your long-term health.
If you’re a wise consumer, you’ll consider Dymatize ISO100.
Why? It’s easily one of the best protein supplements on the market today. This review is hard evidence, folks.
About Dymatize ISO100
Dymatize Nutrition® says ISO100 is “fast-digesting, hydrolyzed, 100% whey protein isolate, available in tons of flavors and developed with the proven amounts of protein and BCAAs per serving. Use ISO100 before your workouts, after your workouts or anytime you need to up your high-quality protein intake.” Formula notes:
- Quality WPI. Has top-notch whey protein isolates for rapid-fire absorption.
- Contains stevia. Natural sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Buy in 10 flavors. Choose from Birthday Cake, Cinnamon Bun, Cookies and Cream, Fudge Brownie, Gourmet Chocolate, Gourmet Vanilla, Orange Dreamsicle, Rocky Road, Smooth Banana, and Strawberry.
Dymatize ISO100 Supplement Facts (5 lbs. Cookies and Cream)
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (30 g)
Servings Per Container: About 76
Amount Per Serving
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||0 g 0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g 0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||10 mg 3%|
|Sodium||100 mg 4%|
|Potassium||100 mg 3%|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g 0%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g 0%|
|Sugars (less than)||1 g|
|Protein||25 g 50%|
Ingredients: Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Cocoa Powder (processed with alkali), Soy Lecithin, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Sucralose, Steviol Glycosides (Stevia)
CONTAINS: MILK AND SOY
Directions for ISO-100: Formulated for easy mixing. Add one scoop (included) to 5-6 oz. (150ml-180ml) of water, milk or your favorite beverage and mix thoroughly. Enjoy prior to workouts, within 30 minutes after workouts or anytime you desire a high-quality, high-protein drink.
Top-Notch Protein at Your Fingertips
If you’re a keen observer, you can tell right away Dymatize ISO100 is protein at its absolute finest.
Don’t get us wrong, carbs and fats play a vital role in our bodies. We need them for optimum health. However, if it’s protein you’re talking about, Dymatize ISO100 is the way to go.
Most protein powder supplements have between 20 to 25 grams of protein per serving. Dymatize ISO100 has 25 grams – pretty good for a whey protein supplement. Make no mistake about it, the star of this product is the whey protein isolate content.
Whey protein concentrate (WPC) is typically 70 to 80 percent protein. On the other hand, whey protein isolate (WPI) is the purer form of whey at 90 percent or higher. Aside from the protein composition, the main difference lies in WPC having a higher lactose content.
Therefore, WPI is the better option for individuals with lactose intolerance. On the flip side, WPC has more beneficial nutrients such as fats than WPI.
Dymatize ISO100 also has hydrolyzed whey protein isolate – the fastest-absorbing protein known to mankind.
Fitness experts will tell you the recovery process begins as soon as your workout ends. Consuming hydrolyzed whey will make your muscles very happy after you wore them out during training.
As far as the protein content of Dymatize ISO100 is concerned, it is nothing short of superb. As a consumer, you get to build muscle mass, increase strength, and even lose some fat (if you want to lose more fat, check out our fat burner reviews here). Score one for the Dymatize Nutrition team.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total Fat, 0 g: Since the protein component of Dymatize ISO100 is all whey protein isolate, you should expect little to no fat content.
- Cholesterol, 10 mg: Never shy away from cholesterol. Your body needs the good kind (HDL). However, don’t consume too much of it, either. This product has a very low cholesterol content.
- Sodium, 160 mg: Just like cholesterol, sodium is something your body needs but in moderation. As pure as the ingredients of Dymatize ISO100 are, the sodium content is a bit surprising. Another brand noted for its natural ingredients is MyProtein Impact Whey Protein, and it only has 35 mg of protein per serving.
- Potassium, 100 mg: This much potassium should help offset the somewhat high sodium content. We say this amount is just right at the industry average for potassium.
- Total carbohydrate, 2 g: Just like the potassium content, Dymatize ISO100’s carb content is right up there with most protein powder supplements. Sugar content is less than one gram per serving. We salute Dymatize Nutrition for using stevia as one of its sweeteners. Protein supplements with this ingredient are hard to come by these days. Where can you find supps which use a natural, low-calorie sweetener as safe as this one? There you go.
Right off the bat, Dymatize Nutrition envisioned ISO100 as a premium protein source. Twenty-five grams of whey protein isolates and hydrolyzed whey protein isolates will ensure very fast absorption.
You can expect your recovery and muscle-building efforts to progress significantly when you take this supplement, especially if you are a bodybuilder (if you want to take your post-workout recovery to another level, check out our creatine reviews here).
As this product uses WPI, it has very little fats and carbohydrate content. Best if you can take a separate reputable carbohydrate supplement such as waxy maize or dextrose after your workouts to supercharge the recovery process even further.
Regardless of your preference, Dymatize ISO100 has your protein needs covered, whether it be for post-workout or in-between meal consumption.
Another great bonus of Dymatize ISO100 is its 5.5 grams of BCAAs and 2.7 grams of L-leucine per serving. Its BCAA content is right up there with renowned protein supplement brands such as Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey.
The additional leucine ensures a positive protein balance after you consume your post-workout shake. We like that.
What we don’t like is the fact Dymatize Nutrition didn’t include BCAAs and leucine in the ingredients list. Consider this a minor flaw, since the company highlighted these in the packaging. What we’re saying is it would’ve been much better if these amino acids were specified in the ingredients label.
Like we also said, we like the fact Dymatize ISO100 has stevia – a natural, plant-based sweetener which can help regular blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
If you’re a bit skeptical of the sodium content, check with your doctor first (especially if you have any medical concerns).
Dymatize ISO100 Benefits
Dymatize Nutrition pulls no punches in presenting ISO100’s benefits. The company’s website says the product is an excellent choice for meeting one’s daily protein requirements, building and repairing muscles, and getting instant nourishment any time of day.
The manufacturer enumerates other specific benefits:
- Twenty-five grams of hydrolyzed 100% whey protein isolate
- Ultra-fast absorption
- 5.5 grams of BCAAs and 2.7 grams of L-Leucine
- No fats and no sugar
- Gluten-free and lactose-free
- Great taste and best-in-class mixability
There’s no disputing the fact Dymatize ISO100’s rapid-absorbing, top-notch protein will help you achieve your fitness goals and more.
What could be better than chugging on a delicious protein shake that helps you build lean – and we mean lean – muscle mass and boost your immune system? There’s nothing quite like it.
Who Takes It?
Dymatize ISO100 is meant for athletes and active individuals who prefer a high-quality and fast-absorbing protein supplement for lean muscle growth and bodybuilding. These individuals can also reap the benefits of Dymatize ISO100 as a tasty snack between their meals.
Any Side Effects?
Dymatzie ISO100 has no glaring side effects. Although whey protein isolate is safe for individuals who are lactose intolerant, Dymatize Nutrition cautions consumers who are allergic to milk and soy.
This product also has 160 mg of sodium per scoop. Granted, you should discuss this with your doctor if you are watching your sodium intake.
Dymatize ISO100 Summary
- Top-notch protein source. Has 25 g of quality WPI per scoop.
- Added BCAA and Leucine. Great for muscle building.
- Contains stevia. Natural sweetener noted for its health benefits.
- Low-fat and Low-carb. Best bet for hardcore protein enthusiasts.
- Sodium content. 160 mg per scoop. Not that high, but worth noting.
- Price. $72.72 for a 5-lb. tub.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 1.6-tub (24-Day Supply): $29.99
- 1 3-lb. tub (45-Day Supply): $49.99
- 1 5-lb. tub (73-Day Supply): $72.72
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Dymatize ISO100
Dymatize ISO100 is protein at its finest. Rarely do you come across a product that has whey protein isolate, hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, and stevia.
We dare you to come up with supplements – most of which feature acesulfame potassium and sucralose – with stevia as their sweetener. They’re really hard to come by these days.
That being said, if you’re looking for a supplement which has a heap of health benefits, we highly recommend Dymatize ISO100®. The pros far outweigh the cons.
One 5-lb. tub costs $72.72. If you’re willing to shell out top dollar for a quality product, then do it. Dymatize ISO100 is money well spent.