If you’re an ardent rugby fan, you may be wondering how the famous New Zealand All Blacks team gets its energy (just watch those men perform their renowned haka chant or war cry).
Maybe, just maybe, they’re supplementing with grass-fed protein sourced from their native New Zealand cows.
Enter our review on Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate.
This supplement has taken North America by storm, and with good reason. Try 28 grams of quality protein per scoop.
We’re just getting started, folks.
About Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate
According to the manfuacturer’s official website, Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate is “made from naturally-fed, hormone-free cow and clean of artificial sweeteners, food dyes, gluten, and preservatives.” The company also says it’s “one of the cleanest proteins on the market.” Formula notes:
- Twenty-eight grams of grass-fed protein per serving. For building lean muscle.
- Sweetened with stevia. Grass-fed + stevia = a must-buy (if you can afford it!)
- Expensive. $59 for a 1.41-lb. container; a pricey whey powder product
Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate Supplement Facts (Chocolate, 1.41 lbs)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (33.o5g)
Servings Per Container:30
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 112||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value †|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g||*|
|Total Carbohydrates 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|INGREDIENTS: Whey Protein Isolate (30.6g), Cocoa (2g), Chocolate Flavor (200mg), Sodium Chloride (50mg)|
|Directions: DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DAILY INTAKE. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED. Mix each scoop of ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed in 4-6 ounces of cold water, or any beverage of your choice. Adjust the amount of liquid to achieve desired flavor and consistency. For maximum results, drink 1-3 scoops daily.|
Muscle Up The Kiwi Way
By now, you may be familiar with all of the renowned North American brands of protein – Optimum Nutrition, MusclePharm, and Labrada Nutrition, just to name a few.
Heck, you may have even tried MyProtein Impact Whey Protein, a U.K. brand which has taken the fitness world by storm.
How about a taste of New Zealand protein for a change?
Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate has “kiwi” written all over it, as the manufacturer claims on its official website:
Our 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate sourced from New Zealand. It contains one of the industry’s highest protein-by-weight ratios at 88 percent (28 grams of protein per 32-gram scoop)… one of the cleanest proteins on the market. It’s perfect for post-workout recovery and hitting daily protein goals.
Let’s dissect this piece by piece, folks.
When a whey protein manufacturer says “100 percent grass-fed,” you have to be impressed. According to Transparent Labs’ official website, mass-fed cows are fed in an “unsanitary manner” because they are jabbed with antibiotics so they won’t get sick.
Plus, muscleheads aren’t the only ones injected with steroids.
According to Transparent Labs, some manufacturers jab their cows with steroids “for increased growh and beef output.”
On the other hand, Transparent Labs boasts its cows eat naturally-grown grass. The company is aptly named because it admits the increased costs are due to these cows feeding on fertile land and not on inferior feedlot.
That kind of transparency is what wins consumers’ loyalty.
- Here’s the best part, folks: 100 percent grass-fed cows enjoy higher omega-3 fatty acid levels, Vitamins A and B, calcium, mangnesium, and potassium.
Top it all of with an astounding 28 grams of protein per scoop.
Think about that for a minute. The likes of two other quality products, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey (24 grams) and Arnold IRON WHEY, couldn’t even top that.
Impressive, and highly useful if you’re on a mass gainer regimen and you start chugging these shakes pre workout.
You may know by now whey protein isolate has lower fat content than its whey protein concentrate counterpart. The product has zero fats yet grass-fed cows – New Zealand ones at that – are the ones behind its top-notch protein content.
And yes, we agree with Transparent Labs’ claim that “grass-fed protein is indisputably superior to grain-fed on a nutritional level.” Like the company said, more amino acid and immune-support ingredients are key.
And besides, who wants to grow muscle without knowing the protein he or she is chugging on is sourced from steriod-fed cows?
Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate comes in two flavors:
- Chocolate – a pretty tasty chocolate option. Mixes well, too. Highly recommended, by us and in other reviews. We give this one nine stars out of 10.
- Vanilla – You can tell this flavor has a unique Kiwi kick to it. Awesome. However, we give chocolate the slight edge. We believe this one gets 8.5 out of 10.
That’s the major gripe we have about this product so far: Lack of vareity. We certainly wish it had more flavors such as Cookies N’ Cream, Cinnamon Bun, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and the like.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 0 g: Wow. This is by far one of the ultimate whey protein isolate supplements on the market today. You’d expect a WPI supplement to have extremely low levels of fat, but this one takes it to a different level. You’re sure to build lean muscle with this one, folks.
- Cholesterol, 5.5 mg: We’ve seen far too many whey protein supplements with high cholesterol levels (that’s not to say all cholesterol is bad; you need the good kind for sound cardiovascular health). Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate only has two percent the daily value for cholesterol, so this one’s a safe bet.
- Sodium, 221 mg: A potential red flag considering this product has nine percent the daily value for this nutrient (if you’re sodium-conscious, five percent or lower is the safe range). It’s not that high, so it will help prevent muscle cramps. However, if you have cardiovascular concerns, best to seek your doctor’s advice before purchasing.
- Total carbohydrates, 0 g: You’d expect a whey protein isolate supplement to be extremely low in carbohydrates, so we’re not surprised one bit. No artificial sugars, either, so that is a huge plus, folks. Kudos to the manufacturer for using stevia, a natural, plant-based sweetener.
It looks like we’ve stumbled upon a major threat to MyProtein Impact Whey Protein – one of the industry leaders.
By and large, Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate reminds us of MyProtein Impact Whey Protein in so many ways – a clean and top-notch supp which is low in carbs, fat and cholesterol.
However, the former beats the latter in terms of protein content by a mile (28 grams per serving to 20 grams per serving).
Twenty-eight grams of protein per powder serving.
Like we said, most whey protein powders today can only churn out 25 grams of protein per serving at the most. But 28 grams? This product blew us away in this regard.
Let’s not forget, this is 28 grams of New Zealand grass-fed whey protein isolate we’re talking about.Somehow, fillers and proprietary blends never cross your mind when you consider this supplement is sourced from New Zealand cows. It’s top-notch quality all the way.
- Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate’s low carb, cholesterol, and fat content make it a bona fide, lean muscle-builder.
Again, we like the fact the manufacturer used stevia for this product – it’s one of the few sweeteners we like. Why? It’s natural and helps maintain healthy blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
All in all, Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate has simple, top-notch ingredients and great transparency – two things which attract consumers.
Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate Benefits
The manufacturer pointed out the benefits of Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate on its official website:
- New Zealand grass-fed protein
- Higher levels of CLA, omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, calcium, magnesium, and potassium
- Improved amino acid and immune support nutrients
- Twenty-eight grams of whey protein isolate (WPI) per serving
Who can argue with these facts? They’re all pretty solid claims. Consumers will benefit immensely from them – that much we’re sure about.
The only thing we’re disputing is the supposedly high calcium content. According to the product’s ingredients, it only has two percent the daily value for this mineral – not a significant source at all.
If you want to amp up your calcium intake, try mixing Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate with milk.
Who Takes It?
Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate is intended for athletes and active individuals who want to build lean muscle mass, boost recovery, and meet their daily protein requirements.
Any Side Effects?
We found no glaring side effects when taking Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate. However, we encourage those with cardiovascular concerns to note the 221 milligrams of sodium per serving.
The manufacturer also advises those with pre-existing medical conditions to seek their physician’s advice before purchasing. Those who are allergic to milk, eggs, nuts, and the like should steer clear of this product:
Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate Summary
- One hundred percent grass-fed protein . Sourced from New Zealand cows.
- Twenty-eight grams of protein per scoop. One of the highest in the industry.
- Low-fat, Low-cholesterol, and low-carb. Great for building lean muscle.
- Simple and transparent ingredients. What you see is what you get.
- Sweetened with stevia. Grass-fed + stevia = a must-buy supplement
- Somewhat high sodium content. Nine percent of the daily value.
- Limited variety. Available in just two flavors.
- Expensive. $59 for a 1.41-lb. container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 1.41-lb. container (30-Day Supply): $59
- Available to buy online (of course, at Amazon ) and in retail, but not GNC yet
Final Word on Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate
We’re convinced a grass-fed protein supplement sourced from New Zealand cows packs a mighty wallop, folks.
Twenty-eight grams of protein per scoop is just the tip of the iceberg.
Throw in Transparent Labs ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate’s low fat, carb and cholesterol content, plus its heap of other health benefits, and you get a powerhouse supplement we highly recommend.
Just be ready to shell out a bit more. You pay for quality, and that’s what you’ll get from this supplement.
Leave a Reply