We hate to be the bearer of bad news, folks.
Unfortunately, some BCAA supplements on the market resort to branch-chained amino acids which come from filthy sources.
That’s the harsh reality of it all.
However, the fermented BCAA content of Labrada BCAA POWER could be a game changer.
In fact, it’s suitable for both vegans and vegetarians.
That should be enough to pique your interest for another awesome review.
About Labrada BCAA POWER
Labrada BCAA POWER “is a delicious BCAA-powdered drink mix using highest-quality, pharmaceutical grade, fermented BCAA amino acids, fermented l-glutamine, plus electrolytes,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Seven grams of BCAAs per serving. One of the highest among BCAA products.
- Fermented BCAAs. No contaminants whatsoever.
- Awesome taste. One of the best-tasting BCAA supplements on the market.
Labrada BCAA POWER Supplement Facts (Cherry Limeade, 30 Servings)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (14 g)|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrates||2 g||1%|
|Fermented Branched Chain Amino Acid Complex 2:1:1||7 g|
|Fermented Leucine||3.5 g||†|
|Fermented Isoeleucine||1.75 g||†|
|Fermented Valine||1.75 g||†|
|Fermented L-Glutamine||3 g||†|
|Other Ingredients: Coconut Water, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Coconut Oil Creamer, Natural Flavor, Calcium Silicate, Beet Juice (Color), Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium (Ace-K).|
Contains Soy (Lecithin), Tree Nuts.
|Recommended Use: Mix 1 scoop in 8 oz. of cold water or your favorite beverage, before or after training. On non-training days, take 1 scoop mixed in 8 oz. of water or your favorite beverage, any time of day. Store in a cool, dry place.|
Fermented BCAA Formula
We’ve reviewed some impressive bodybuilding supplements from Labrada Nutrition here on B5.
First up is Labrada HUMANO GROWTH – a growth factor formula geared toward more muscle mass.
Another one is Labrada ReCHARGE! – a post-workout supplement with a unique formulation.
Finally, we highly recommend you try Labrada ElastiJoint. We love its 1,650 percent of the daily value for vitamin C – a sure-fire way to improve connective tissue growth.
Let’s see if Labrada BCAA POWER can keep things going, folks.
This product “is a delicious BCAA powdered drink mix made using highest quality, pharmaceutical grade, fermented BCAA amino acids, fermented l-glutamine, plus electrolytes,” per its official website.
“Taking this BCAA combination immediately prior to, or during exercise, will prime your muscles to respond to your training,” per the same source.
Long story short, the manufacturer claims Labrada BCAA POWER’s top-notch ingredients will help keep you in an anabolic state.
It seems to capture the essence of a true BCAA supplement.
“BCAAs play a significant role in building and repairing muscle after a workout, and also act as a ‘signal’ to your muscles that nutrients are available for increasing muscle mass,” per Labrada Nutrition’s official website.
“Muscle cells will use BCAAs to buffer the loss of certain non-essential amino acids to provide energy during long periods of exhaustive training,” per the same source.
We agree wholeheartedly.
Here are the other benefits of BCAAs:
- Shorten recovery time
- Promote healthy blood sugar levels
- Regulate blood clot formation
- Maintain a positive nitrogen balance
- Help repair muscle tissue
These are just some of the reasons why BCAAs are versatile.
We get the feeling Labrada BCAA POWER will exceed our expectations.
One dead giveaway is its awesome seven grams of fermented BCAAs per serving.
It manages to edge the likes of Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter, which has six grams of BCAAs per scoop.
Our take: Labrada BCAA POWER’s seven grams of BCAAs per serving is one of the most we’ve seen among BCAA products.
That’s saying something.
Not only that, but this supplement harnesses the powers of fermented BCAAs.
Labrada Nutrition founder Lee Labrada and Co. maintain there are two ways of producing BCAAs:
- Through “a harsh acid extraction of animal products including duck feathers and human hair,” per the company’s website
- “Through the fermentation of cultures in a pharmaceutical lab,” per the same source.
The company resorts to the second procedure. It insists, “The result is a higher quality, allergen-free, and more efficacious amino acid.”
Since fermented BCAAs don’t come from animal sources, they are ideal for vegetarians and vegans.
Best of all, they have zero contaminants.
Listen, Labrada POWER’s 2:1:1 BCAA ratio is common among BCAA supplements.
That translates to 3.5 grams of leucine, 1.75 grams of isoleucine, and 1.75 grams of valine per serving.
These amounts are a tad higher than competitors’. Let’s keep it real: when it comes to BCAAs, more means better.
We’re sure this product’s BCAA content will help you grow muscle mass, repair muscle tissue, increase endurance, improve mental function, and boost the nervous system, among other things.
Another key ingredient is three grams of fermented l-glutamine per serving.
This essential amino acid helps “jumpstart recovery from exercise” and supports “immune function,” per Labrada Nutrition’s official website.
Because of that, you’re sure to find l-glutamine in many post-workout supplements.
Check out its other incredible health benefits:
- Helps regulate digestive function
- Acts as a neurotransmitter to help improve memory, focus, and concentration
- Increases muscle mass
- Improves athletic performance
- Shortens recovery time
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Wards off nasty free radicals
Three grams of l-glutamine per serving is okay for a post-workout product.
However, that is awesome for a BCAA supplement.
Remember, you can also take BCAAs on non-training days. Whenever you take three grams of l-glutamine per serving on those days, you are taking your recovery and muscle preservation efforts to the next level.
The final components of Labrada BCAA POWER are its electrolytes from coconut water:
- Calcium, 35 mg: equal to four percent of the daily value
- Magnesium, 4 mg: equal to one percent of the daily value
- Sodium, 15 mg: equal to one percent of the daily value
- Potassium, 30 mg: equal to one percent of the daily value
For your reference, a value of five percent at the most is low.
With that in mind, we doubt if this supplement’s electrolytes will make a profound difference in your recovery.
Just know this: a coconut water drink at your local grocery store yields around 10 percent of the daily value or so for potassium.
Labrada BCAA POWER has just one percent of the daily value for that mineral.
On the plus side, a low sodium amount won’t make your blood pressure levels skyrocket.
The takeaway: Labrada BCAA POWER’s electrolyte arsenal is irrelevant.
That means the real stars of the show are the seven grams of fermented BCAAs and three grams of l-glutamine per scoop.
Labrada BCAA POWER is not a perfect BCAA supplement. However, it’s solid, nonetheless – solid enough for it to be part of your supplement stack.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 10: A low-calorie BCAA supplement which will help you achieve your recovery and muscle-building goals? Sounds like a good deal to us, folks.
- Total carbohydrate, 2 g: This much represents just one percent of the daily value for carbs. That means Labrada BCAA POWER will complement your low-carb nutrition plan perfectly.
- Sugars, 1 g: We like this product’s low sugar content – it won’t compromise your nutrition goals in any way.
- Calcium, 35 mg: This is equal to just four percent of the daily value for calcium. We doubt this much will make a huge impact.
- Magnesium, 4 mg: Labrada BCAA POWER is not a significant source of magnesium at a paltry one percent of the daily value.
- Sodium, 15 mg: It’s also not a significant source of sodium at a measly one percent of the daily value. On the other hand, Labrada BCAA POWER is safe for those who are monitoring their sodium intake.
- Potassium, 30 mg: Labrada BCAA POWER is not a significant source of potassium at just one percent of the daily value.
- Fermented leucine, 3.5 mg: Leucine is the most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart the muscle protein synthesis process. This much is a sure bet for a BCAA product, folks.
- Fermented isoleucine, 1.75 mg: A BCAA which helps ramp up energy levels, shorten recovery time, promote healthy blood sugar levels, and repair muscle tissue.
- Fermented valine, 1.75 mg: Just like isoleucine, valine helps increase endurance and repair muscle tissue. The latter also helps increase muscle growth, suppress appetite, enhance cognitive abilities, and regulate the nervous system.
- Fermented l-glutamine, 3 g: A versatile non-essential amino acid which helps preserve muscle mass, improve digestive health, increase focus, improve athletic performance, and keep free radicals at bay.
This much is clear to us: Labrada BCAA POWER’s unique identity shines through, folks.
How unique, you say?
Seven grams of BCAAs per serving and three grams of l-glutamine per serving, that’s how.
We have yet to size up a BCAA supplement with a combo which has these specific amounts.
You know something? We say it will give you a fast return on your investment.
Like we already pointed out, seven grams of BCAAs per serving is one of the most we’ve seen in a BCAA product.
More is better. This is a recording.
When we talk about Labrada BCAA POWER, we’re not just talking regular BCAAs, mind you.
We’re talking about fermented BCAAs which have no contaminants whatsoever.
They’re also suitable for vegans and vegetarians (remember, the manufacturer didn’t source fermented BCAAs from animal products).
Throw in three grams of versatile l-glutamine per serving, and you’ve got it made.
Get ready for better muscle preservation, improved digestive function, increased focus, and enhanced protection against nasty free radicals, folks.
We also love the inclusions of healthy ingredients such as coconut oil (improved heart health) and beet juice (for healthy blood pressure levels).
Plus, we’re thrilled the manufacturer displays excellent transparency – there are no shady proprietary blends.
Customers have also sung Labrada BCAA POWER’s praises – they’ve given this product high marks online.
While a few naysayers don’t like the taste, most consumers love the Orange Mango and Cherry Limeade flavors.
We agree –they’re one of the best BCAA supplement flavors we’ve tried to date.
Despite Labrada BCAA POWER’s strengths, it also has a few weaknesses.
The first one is the sub-par (and, we daresay, irrelevant) electrolyte content – check out each mineral’s daily value in the ingredients list. Not one of them has one which exceeds five percent (the uppermost low value limit).
Finally, Labrada BCAA POWER has sucralose, an artificial sweetener which has several side effects.
Note to the manufacturer: stevia (which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels) would have been better.
Nonetheless, we’re happy to report the pros outweigh the cons.
With that, Labrada BCAA POWER is a worthy addition to your fitness program and supplement stack.
Labrada BCAA POWER Benefits
Labrada BCAA POWER has the following benefits, per its official website:
- One hundred percent fermented BCAAs
- Seven grams of BCAAs per scoop
- Three grams of l-glutamine per serving
- Has electrolytes
We agree with all of these claims. We’re confident Labrada BCAA POWER will help you achieve your fitness goals and then some.
Who Takes It?
Labrada BCAA POWER “was formulated with the athlete in mind,” per its official website.
More precisely, the manufacturer intended this BCAA supplement for healthy and active individuals who want to increase muscle mass and endurance, shorten recovery time, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Labrada BCAA POWER has sucralose, an artificial sweetener which has several side effects.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying Labrada BCAA POWER.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Labrada BCAA POWER Summary
- Seven grams of BCAAs per serving. One of the highest among BCAA supplements.
- Fermented BCAAs. No contaminants and suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Three grams of l-glutamine per serving. Helps preserve muscle mass and shorten recovery time.
- Healthy add-ons. Coconut oil and beet juice, to be more precise.
- Excellent transparency. Manufacturer breaks down all of the ingredient amounts. Bravo.
- Great reputation. Has gotten a thumbs up from many customers.
- Awesome taste. One of the best in the industry.
- Irrelevant electrolyte content. Low values render them obsolete.
- Has sucralose. Artificial sweetener with several side effects. Boo.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 30-Serving Container (30-Day Supply): $27.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Labrada BCAA POWER
Well, it seems Labrada BCAA POWER can keep it going after all.
We now deem this BCAA supplement as one of the top-notch Labrada Nutrition supplements we’ve reviewed.
Hey, seven grams of fermented BCAAs and three grams of fermented l-glutamine per serving speak volumes, don’t they?
We highly recommend you buy Labrada BCAA POWER and reap its benefits today.