If there’s a “non-conformist” category for post-workout supplements, we’re putting our money on Labrada Nutrition ReCHARGE!
It’s an easy call: it’s the only post-workout supplement which has Karbolyn, glycerol and some leucine for good measure.
It seems it has the makings of a super post-workout supplement.
We’re sure this review will knock your socks off.
About Labrada Nutrition ReCHARGE!
Labrada Nutrition ReCHARGE! is the signature post-workout supplement of former two-time Mr. Olympia runner-up, Lee Labrada. This product’s selling point is its “Refuel, Rehydrate, and Recover” premise. Formula notes:
- Unique formulation. Has Karbolyn, glycerol, and leucine to help boost post-workout results.
- Clean and transparent ingredients. No proprietary blends whatsoever.
- Has zero protein content. Still a highly-regarded post-workout supplement despite the fact it has no protein and even creatine.
Labrada ReCHARGE! Post-Workout Supplement Facts (Strawberry Kiwi, 2.36 lbs.)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (43 g)|
Servings Per Container: 25
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%*|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%*|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||35 g||12%*|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%*|
|Calcium (as calcium gluconate)||3.6 mg||<1%|
|Phosphorus (as potassium phosphate)||10.6 mg||1%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium succinate)||8.5 mg||2%|
|Sodium (as sodium chloride)||45 mg||2%|
|Potassium (as potassium phosphate)||26.9 mg||<1%|
|L-Leucine (fermented)||3.5 g||†|
|HydroMax® Glycerol Complex||2 g||†|
|Other Ingredients: Silicon Dioxide, Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Malic Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Coconut Water|
|Directions For Recharge Post-Workout: Mix 1-2 servings in 16-24 oz. of water. ReCharge!™ can be consumed during your workout as you begin to feel the effects of fatigue and fluid loss. Drinking ReCharge!™ as you complete your workout will allow you to take in the restoring ingredients when they are most needed. A high quality post-workout whey protein shake may also be consumed within 30 minutes of training, for best results.|
Refuel, Rehydrate, and Recover the Labrada Way
We already told you the upsides of Dr. Jim Stoppani’s JYM Post JYM. It’s one of those post-workout supplements backed up by science-based research.
Besides, Stoppani’s name makes you stop dead in your tracks, doesn’t it?
Make way for another big-name post workout supplement in Labrada ReCHARGE!
You should know by now former two-time Mr. Olympia runner-up (1989 and 1990) Lee Labrada is the CEO and founder of Labrada Nutrition, a bodybuilding supplement company based in Houston, Texas.
One look at Labrada’s awesome physique, you can tell he and his team know what they’re doing.
Check out Labrada’s personal quality guarantee, per the company’s official website.
“If it’s on the label, it’s in the bottle!”
Wow, you can’t be more transparent than that, folks. We’re starting to love Labrada Nutrition already.
Here’s the manufacturer’s battle cry, per its website:
“Real Ingredients, Real Potency, Real Results.”
Can Labrada ReCHARGE give you real results?
This product’s efficiency is based on three premises: Refuel, Rehydrate, and Recover.
On the Refuel front, Labrada ReCHARGE! has 30 grams of Karbolyn per serving.
According to the manufacturer’s official website, it is “a designer carbohydrate source that is rapidly absorbed, yet sustains elevations in blood sugar like slowly-digested starches.”
Karbolyn’s job is to replenish depleted glycogen stores in your muscles after a hard workout. This is the key to a faster and more efficient recovery.
Plus, the manufacturer claims your body absorbs Karbolyn faster than another renowned post-workout carb, dextrose. The former also helps sustain blood sugar levels for one to two hours.
Karbolyn also doesn’t result in bloatin or cramping, per the company’s website.
We did some extra research and scoured the web for some backup info on Karbolyn. Our findings agree with the manufacturer’s claims.
We also found out Karbolyn is sugar-free and has good solubility.
Perhaps the most impressive quality of Karbolyn is its ability to pull water and other nutrients and inflate muscle fibers for more muscle growth.
Wow. Double wow.
We didn’t find any Karbolyn side effects, either. Having said that, Labrada ReCharge! is one of the few post-workout supplements which have it. We told you Lee and Co. knew what they were doing.
The next premise of the product is Rehydrate.
If you aren’t content with Karbolyn’s muscle-building prowess, wait until you get a load of Labrada ReCHARGE!’s Hydromax Glycerol Complex.
First of all, glycerol is a simple polyol compound which assists in hydration, endurance, and creation of muscle pumps.
Here’s what it does, folks: it helps “increase the fluid in your muscles and blood, creating more fuller, hydrated muscles,” per the manufacturer’s website.
Glycerol also has similar water-pulling abilities as Karbolyn. This faciliates nutrient absorption and wards off fatigue.
The takeaway: this glycerol-Karbolyn post-workout combo is very potent, folks.
The final premise of Labrada ReCHARGE! is Recover.
The star here is the fermented version of the branch-chained amino acid (BCAA) leucine, which makes up 3.5 grams per serving.
Just so you know, leucine is the BCAA primarily responsible for kickstarting the muscle protein synthesis process. It’s a must your post-workout supplement has this.
According to the manfacturer, the 3.5 grams of leucine per scoop “is the effective amount suggested in studies to activate the mTOR pathway, which signals muscle growth.”
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 0 g: Labrada ReCHARGE! has zero grams of fat per serving. You need to emphasize carbs and protein during the crucial 30-minute anabolic, post-workout window. The manufacturer knows this all too well, folks. Consume your fats – the good kind, of course – when you eat your meals and snacks.
- Cholesterol, 0 mg: Another major plus of Labrada Re-CHARGE! is it has no cholesterol whatsoever. We’ve seen far too many post-workout supplements which go overboard in terms of cholesterol content. This one’s a welcome change. Great job, Lee Labrada and Co.
- Total carbohydrate, 35 g: Labrada Nutrition’s emphasis on post-workout carbs is nowhere more evident in Labrada ReCHARGE!’s Karbolyn content. We think it’s one of the best – if not the best – post-workout carb on the market. This product also has zero grams of sugar.
- Protein, 0 g: Some post-workout supplements like Myogenix Aftershock (34 grams per serving) and Universal Nutrition Torrent (20 grams per serving) have protein content. Not so with Labrada ReCHARGE! We feel it’s still an effective post-workout supplement without the protein content. Besides, the leucine content should help with muscle growth and protein synthesis. Nonetheless, the manufacturer makes it clear in the directions “a high-quality post-workout whey protein shake may also be consumed within 30 minutes of training, for best results.”
- Calcium, 3.6 mg: Because Labrada ReCHARGE has no dairy protein, one can predict it has very little calcium content (less than one percent of the daily value). Want more calcium? Try mixing some milk with your post-workout protein shake. You won’t find much of it in this supplement.
- Phosphorus (as potassium phosphate), 10.6 mg: Labrada ReCHARGE! is not a significant source of phosphorus at less than one percent of the daily value.
- Magnesium (as magnesium succinate), 8.5 mg: This product has only two percent of the daily value for magnesium. Not a significant source, folks.
- Sodium (as sodium chloride), 45 mg: Thousands of bodybuilding supplements have too much sodium for our liking. Sure, it’s known for its ability to prevent muscle crams. However, manufacturers have to keep sodium within reasonable limits to prevent any detrimental effects on blood pressure. Labrada Nutrition does this with Labrada ReCHARGE! Kudos.
- Potassium (as potassium phosphate), 26.9 mg: Labrada ReCHARGE! is not a significant source of potassium at less than one percent of the daily value.
We are impressed with Labrada ReCHARGE’s Refuel, Rehydrate, and Recover premises.
Hands down, it’s one of the cleanest and unique post-workout supplements on the market.
Where else can you find a post-workout product which maximizes the untapped potenial of Karbolyn and glycerol?
Despite the absence of protein, Labrada ReCHARGE! can help you put on lean muscle mass because these two ingredients can help pull water in. This facilitates nutrient absorption and wards off fatigue.
Needless to say, you’ll be as fresh as a daisy for your upcoming workouts.
Labrada ReCHARGE also has 3.5 grams per serving of the BCAA leucine, which is known for its protein synthesis and muscle growth abilities.
Nevertheless, we feel it would be better – much better – for you to consume a whey protein shake together with this product to help you achieve your post-workout goals.
The leucine content is fine, but you need around 20 to 25 grams of post-workout protein to maximize your results. Your muscles desperately need protein after all the stress you put them through.
On the other hand, Labrada ReCHARGE!’s absence of fats, cholesterol, and sugar comes as a pleasant surprise. We dare you to find another post-workout which has the same attributes.
On the flip side, many post-workout supplements come with extra benefits. For instance, Myogenix AfterShock has a heap of calcium and an antioxidant blend for your daily vitamin needs.
Unfortunately, Labrada ReCHARGE! has none of these. However, the presence of coconut water may help make up for it (we attribute the miniscule amounts of phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, and potassium to it).
Coconut water has several important health benefits:
- Helps in weight loss
- Improves skin quality and digestion
- Boosts hydration
- Helps regulate blood pressure levels
We’ll take these any time of day.
Labrada ReCHARGE! Benefits
Labrada ReCHARGE’s benefits lie in its unique Karbolyn, glycerol, and leucine content to help you achieve your post-workout and muscle-building goals.
Who Takes It?
Labrada ReCHARGE! is meant for healthy and active individuals who want to boost their post-workout results and build muscle mass.
Any Side Effects?
Labrada ReCHARGE! has no glaring side effects. Even individuals who are allergic to milk products can take it.
Labrada ReCHARGE! Summary
- Unique formulation. Has Karbolyn, glycerol, and leucine to help boost post-workout results.
- 3.5 grams of leucine per serving. The BCAA which helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis.
- No fats, cholesterol, and sugar. One of the few post-workout supplements which can boast of this claim.
- Has coconut water. Bet you can’t name a post-workout product which has this.
- Clean and transparent ingredients. They are as real as they get, folks.
- Reputable manufacturer. Labrada Nutrition has long been a trusted brand in the industry.
- Good feedback from consumers. Online forums show them raving about this product’s taste and solubility.
- No protein. You may have to consume a separate post-workout shake.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 2.36-lb. container (25-Day Supply): $39.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Labrada Nutrition ReCHARGE!
The verdict is out, folks: Labrada Nutrition ReCHARGE! is one of the best and most unique post-workout supplements money can buy.
Where else can you find effective yet lesser-known post-workout ingredients such as Karboyln and glycerol with a bit of leucine thrown in for good measure?
There are so many good things going for Labrada Nutrition ReCHARGE!, they easily offset the fact it has no protein content.
Score one for the Labrada Nutrition team.