Perhaps you’ve been scouring your local bodybuilding supplement store for a legit joint support product.
A bona fide game changer.
Hey, there’s been a lot of hype about Labrada ElastiJoint. Many people claim it has been so effective, it has kicked the competition to the curb.
Any time it’s a Lee Labrada supplement, we have a good feeling about it.
Buckle up and enjoy the review, folks.
About Labrada ElastiJoint
Labrada ElastiJoint is the “Joint Support Formula Drink Mix” and “scientifically-formulated product designed for active people who want to strengthen and maintain healthy joints.” Formula notes:
- Great ingredient combo. Hydrolyzed gelatin, MSM, glucosamine sulfate, and chondroitin sulfate.
- Clinical doses. Ingredient doses are the same as those used in past scientific studies.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C. Vitamin which helps boost connective tissue growth.
Labrada ElastiJoint Supplement Facts (Fruit Punch, 350 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (12.5 g)|
Servings Per Container: 28
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g||1%|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||990 mg||1650%|
|Hydrolyzed Gelatin (from Collagen)||5000 mg||†|
|Glucosamine Sulfate (from Shellfish)||1500 mg||†|
|Chondroitin Sulfate||1200 mg||†|
|Other Ingredients: Natural And Artificial Flavors, Beet Root Powder, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame K|
|Directions For Elasti Joint: Stir 1 scoop of ElastiJoint® support formula into 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) of water or your favorite beverage. Stir or blend until smooth and drink. Do not exceed 2 scoops per day.|
The Joint Support Formula Drink Mix
Perhaps you’ve heard of 1989 and 1990 Mr. Olympia runner-up Lee Labrada.
Let’s not forget he’s also a member of the International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness (IFBB) Hall of Fame.
Labrada has garnered universal acclaim as one of the most respected names in the bodybuilding supplement industry.
Watch one of his YouTube videos and you’ll find out why – his fitness advice is one of the most practical you’ll come across.
Oh, he’s also the CEO of Labrada Nutrition in Houston, TX.
It should give you a fast return on your investment.
Now, let’s see if Labrada ElastiJoint can do the same thing.
The folks at Labrada Nutrition dub this product its Joint Support Formula Drink Mix.
If you’re an active individual who participates in sports and other strenuous activities, you may have experienced joint stress and stiffness.
“Relief comes with ElastiJoint Joint Support Formula – a scientifically-formulated product designed for active people who want to strengthen and maintain healthy joints,” per the company’s official website.
“ElastiJoint provides natural nutritional support for joints, which many users have found to be helpful,” per the same source.
Hey, if you’re a certified gym rat, you need healthy joints and ligaments. There’s no use in lifting if they’re not in tip-top shape.
When you have healthy joints, expect long-term benefits in and out of the gym.
The star of the show is five grams of hydrolyzed gelatin (from collagen) per serving.
Our initial impression: it’s one of the things which sets Labrada ElastiJoint apart from the rest of the field.
Listen, many joint support supplements have gelatin (even big-name products such as Animal Flex). However, they don’t focus on it as much as Labrada ElastiJoint does.
So, why all the fuss about hydrolyzed gelatin (also known as collagen hydrolysate)?
According to the journal Seminars in Arthritis & Rheumatism, pharmaceutical-grade collagen hydrolysate (PCH) “may have a salutary (beneficial) effect on cartilage metabolism.”
In addition, “PCH had a greater effect in inhibiting bone collagen breakdown than calcitonin alone,” per the same source.
It also says hydrolyzed gelatin has “a high level of safety” and may be instrumental in warding off bone degeneration, joint issues, and joint cartilage breakdown.
Obviously, Labrada Nutrition ElastiJoint is a firm believer in its prowess.
On the other hand, there’s no better gauge than customer feedback. We scoured the Internet for their take on Labrada Nutrition ElastiJoint and most of them say it’s one of the best – if not the best – joint supplement they’ve ever tried.
They swear by it. Seriously.
Clearly, the focus on hydrolyzed gelatin has paid off handsomely for Labrada Nutrition.
It’s safe and a great asset for your joints and bones. Believe it.
For our part, we’re glad it’s in Labrada ElastiJoint.
Next up is two grams of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) per serving.
MSM is a common joint support ingredient. Scour your local supplement store, and there’s a good chance most of the products in that category have it.
You shouldn’t be surprised.
MSM is an organic sulphur compound which helps keep joint and muscular discomfort at bay. It also helps boost digestion and lower stress levels.
We believe these benefits bode well for your long-term health. Two grams of MSM per serving should be optimal.
Labrada ElastiJiont has another joint support ingredient staple in 1.5 grams of glucosamine sulfate (from shellfish) per serving.
This is an aminosaccharide which helps build new cartilage. It has a ton of benefits:
- Helps ward off inflammation
- Improves joint health
- Helps rebuild tissues and bones
- Fortifies the gut lining
- Boosts digestive health
It’s a given glucosamine can do wonders for your joints, tissues, and bones.
Here’s a friendly tip: you can amplify glucosamine’s digestive health benefits when you take a separate post-workout supplement.
Replenishing during the post-workout anabolic window is key if you want better results and recover faster.
Having a key digestive ingredient helps your muscles absorb key nutrients. Glucosamine can help you in that regard.
Labrada ElastiJoint’s 1.5 grams of glucosamine per serving should work, folks.
The final key ingredient is 1.2 grams of chondroitin per serving.
Chondroitin is another key joint support ingredient. It is a major component of cartilage which helps improve joint health.
Plus, it also helps reduce the stress you experience after a heavy lifting session.
Here’s what we like about Labrada ElastiJiont, folks: it has proven clinically-dosed ingredients.
When you consume the same ingredient amounts successful test subjects did, good things will happen.
For instance, the manufacturer cites a study in France. Here, 40 test subjects supplemented with 1.2 grams of chondroitin (the same dosage found in ElastiJiont) daily for 12 weeks.
“At the end of the study, 99 percent of the subjects had promoted joint health,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
The company also cites 13 studies researchers at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, OH reviewed. These involve the use of 1.5 grams of glucosamine sulphate and 1.2 grams of chondroitin.
Again, these are the exact amounts which Labrada ElastiJoint has.
“All were classified as suggesting positive support for joint health,” per Labrada Nutrition’s official website.
We will not argue with that. Glucosamine and chondroitin have long been a potent 1-2 punch. We don’t see that changing any time soon.
Finally, when you consume Labrada ElastiJoint, you get a whopping 1,650 percent the daily value of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
To put things in perspective, Animal Flex (one of the top joint support supplements) has “only” 167 percent of the daily value for Vitamin C.
It pales in comparison to Labrada ElastiJoint.
Sure, we know ascorbic acid helps ward off the common cold and boost mood, among other things.
However, its most impressive joint support benefit is its ability to boost the growth of connective tissues.
Your muscles suffer serious wear and tear during a hard workout. Vitamin C helps offset that.
Aren’t you thankful it’s in Labrada ElastiJoint?
We sure are.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 20: Labrada ElastiJoint is a low-calorie joint support supplement at just 20 per serving. Awesome.
- Total carbohydrate, 5 g: If you’re on a low-carb nutrition plan, this supplement won’t compromise it – it has a paltry one percent of the daily value for carbs (anything less than five percent is low).
- Sugars, 1 g: We’re glad Labrada ElastiJoint is low in sugar at just one gram per serving. However, we’re not too happy about the inclusion of sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which has several side effects. Thumbs down.
- Protein, 0 g: Since Labrada ElastiJoint is a joint support product, don’t expect it to be a decent protein source.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 990 mg: This supplement’s Vitamin C content is teetering on the brink of one gram per serving. That’s a lot, folks. We’re confident it will complement the main ingredients very well. Your joints will be happy for a long, long time.
- Sodium, 125 mg: Labrada ElastiJoint’s five percent of the daily value for sodium is safe to take even for those who are particular with their salt intake. Nice.
- Hydrolyzed gelatin (from collagen), 5000 mg: Whenever a manufacturer puts a premium on the main structural protein of connective tissue, good things abound. It’s safe. It’s effective. More importantly, it works. Period.
- Methylsulfonylmethane, 2000 mg: An organic sulfur compound which helps ward off joint and muscular discomfort. It also helps reduce the stress you experience from heavy lifting. In our opinion, two grams per serving should be optimal.
- Glucosamine sulfate (from shellfish), 1,500 mg: A time-tested joint support ingredient which helps build new cartilage. Expect to experience less inflammation and healthier joints, tissues, and bones when you take it.
- Chondroitin sulfate, 1,200 mg: This is a major cartilage component which improves joint tissue health. It also has a good absorption rate.
At this point, we deem Labrada ElastiJoint as a simple, powerful, and effective joint support supplement.
The manufacturer gets right down to it. Plain and simple.
Labrada ElastiJoint makes full use of five grams of hydrolyzed gelatin from collagen per serving.
Like we said, this ingredient is safe and effective. It flat out works. Many customers swear by it.
You may find yourself doing the same thing.
This product also has three proven joint support ingredients in MSM, glucosamine sulfate, and chondroitin sulfate.
We also vouch for these ingredients.
When you consume MSM, say goodbye to joint and muscle discomfort and hello to better digestion and stress adaptability.
For its part, glucosamine will help reduce inflammation, improve joint, bone, and tissue health; and improve digestion.
Finally, chondroitin sulfate will help improve the quality of your joints and tissues as well. Plus, it helps offset the effects of stress-induced lifting.
It bears repeating: we love the clinical doses of Labrada ElastiJoint. We guarantee you will enjoy the benefits of its ingredients as much as past test subjects did.
Now, if you factor in 1,650 percent of the daily value for Vitamin C, you’ve got it made.
Most folks know ascorbic acid helps ward off the common cold. However, they are not aware it also helps boost the growth of connective tissues.
We love it when a manufacturer does its homework.
We are sure Labrada ElastiJoint’s rich Vitamin C content will complement the other key ingredients perfectly.
To a lesser extent, we also like the inclusion of beet root powder, an ingredient which helps regulate blood pressure levels.
Other pluses: we like this product’s low calories, carbohydrate, sugar, and sodium content.
We also love the manufacturer’s transparency – it divulges all of the ingredient amounts.
The most glaring downside of Labrada ElastiJoint is its taste – some customers don’t like it at all.
It’s a pity the manufacturer comes up with a great product only for its taste to ruin everything.
It’s just a sad reality.
The inclusion of sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda) also raised our eyebrows. Like we said, it has several side effects.
The company could have used stevia (a natural plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels) instead.
Finally, Labrada ElastiJoint is somewhat expensive at $27.49 (online store price) for a 350-gram container.
Labrada ElastiJoint Benefits
Labrada ElastiJoint has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Comprehensive joint support formula
- Helps boost joint and connective tissue health
- Helps improve post-workout joint and connective tissue recovery
- Has the essential building blocks for tendons and ligaments
We agree with all of these claims. We feel Labrada ElastiJoint’s winning formula will help you achieve your fitness goals in more ways than one.
Who Takes It?
Labrada ElastiJoint is intended for “anyone who puts their body through grueling workouts, sports, or other activities,” per its official website.
It’s also for “active people who want to strengthen and maintain healthy joints,” per the same source.
Any Side Effects?
Labrada ElastiJoint has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which has several side effects.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
Labrada ElastiJoint Summary
- Great ingredient combo. Hydrolyzed gelatin, MSM, glucosamine sulfate, and chondroitin sulfate.
- Clinical doses. Each key ingredient has the same amount as those used in clinical studies.
- Five grams of hydrolyzed gelatin per serving. Proven safe and effective by experts and customers alike.
- Low in calories, carbs, sugar, and sodium. All good.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C. Has 1,650 percent the DV of ascorbic acid, which helps boost connective tissue growth.
- Great transparency. No shady proprietary blends. Bravo.
- Excellent reputation. Many customers swear by its effects. So do we.
- Taste. The downfall of way too many supplements.
- Dirty ingredient. Sucralose inclusion was a spoiler.
- Price. Somewhat expensive at $27.49 for a 350-gram container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 350-gram Container (28-Day Supply): $27.49
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Labrada ElastiJoint
After considering everything, we have come up with a verdict.
Labrada ElastiJoint is a winner, folks.
It has lived up to the hype and won many people over. The ingredients speak for themselves.
It’s not a perfect joint support supplement, but the pros far outshadow the cons. We highly recommend you buy it and feel the difference.
Now, if only Labrada and Co. can come up with a better-tasting advanced formula.