If you’ve been searching long and hard for a comprehensive pre-workout supplement with a strong kick, look no further: Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED should be right up your alley. We give you the lowdown on the manufacturer’s finest pre-workout to date in this review.
About Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED is the “Extreme Energy Pre-Workout Powerhouse” which bridges “the gap for those wanting clinically-dosed ingredients and still seeking extreme levels of stimulant energy to power them through grueling training sessions,” per the manufacturer’s official website. Formula notes:
- Outstanding formulation. Contains just about every essential pre-workout ingredient.
- Insane citrulline malate content. Eight grams per scoop for incredible muscle pumps and vascularity.
- Expensive. One 426-gram container costs $44.95.
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED Supplement Facts (Cosmic Burst, 426 grams)
|Serving Size: 21.3 g (Approx. 1 scoop)|
Servings Per Container: 20
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Magnesium (from Magnesium Creatine Chelate)||160 mg||40%|
|OUTLIFT® AMPED Pre-Workout Powerhouse|
|Citrulline Malate 2:1||8 g||*|
|Carnosyn® Beta- Alanine||3.2 g||*|
|Betaine Anhydrous||2.5 g||*|
|Creatine MagnaPower® (Magnesium Creatine Chelate)||2 g||*|
|Choline Bitartrate||500 mg||*|
|Caffeine (Active)||350 mg||*|
|Kaff2 Citrate 50.2% (yielding 200 mg caffeine)|
|Caffeine Anhydrous (yielding 150 mg caffeine)|
|Theacrine (as Teacrine®)||50 mg||*|
|Bioperine® [(Piper nigrum extract)(fruit)]||5 mg||*|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Silica, Sodium Bicarbonate, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.|
|RECOMMENDED USE: Shake container before each use. Mix 1 scoop into 8-12 oz. of cold water and drink 30-45 minutes prior to working out. Limit use to 1 serving per day. Never exceed 1 scoop. When mixing with a shaker cup, use cold water. Hold cap and cup securely in hand. Do not shake vigorously as this causes pressurization.|
Extreme Energy Pre-Workout Powerhouse
We’ve seen some well-rounded pre-workout supplements here on B5. The top pre-workouts feature bodybuilding supplement powerhouses such as ALTIUS and GNC RAVAGE are head and shoulders above the competition. The former’s unbelievable eight grams of citrulline malate per scoop should give you the most insane muscle pumps.
For its part, the latter’s comprehensive ingredients cover just about all of the pre-workout bases. Your workouts will never be the same, for sure.
These pre-workouts stand out for a simple reason: they have balanced formulations which perk you up mentally and physically. More often than not, these get customers’ attention.
We’re sure Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED will also get your attention. One look at its impressive supplement facts, and we’re sure you’ll agree with us.
The manufacturer dubs this product its “Extreme Energy Pre-Workout Powerhouse,” per its official website. “With OUTLIFT AMPED, we bridged the gap for those wanting clinically-dosed ingredients and still seeking extreme levels of stimulant energy to power them through grueling training sessions,” per the same source.
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED is an advanced formulation of the company’s original pre-workout, Nutrex OUTLIFT. The latter, the so-called “Clinically-Dosed Pre-Workout Powerhouse,” harnesses the power of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) and other key pre-workout ingredients to jack you up prior to your training session.
As for Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED, it features a plethora of time-tested bodybuilding supplement ingredients. We get the feeling it’ll exceed everybody’s expectations.
OUTLIFT AMPED Pre-Workout Powerhouse Blend, 21.3 g
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED has 12 key ingredients which take up 21.3 grams per scoop. These work synergistically to help give you the best workout experience possible. Leading the charge are a whopping eight grams of citrulline malate 2:1 per serving.
“Citrulline malate 2:1 allows for intense, l0ng-lasting muscle pumps. Research has shown that citrulline significantly increases nitric oxide (N.O.) and blood arginine levels which can provide an elevation in protein synthesis (lean muscle growth), creatine synthesis, and a greater BCAA utilization by muscles during exercise,” per the product’s official website.
Not only that, but citrulline malate helps ward off muscle soreness. According to the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research’s May 2010 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov), “The use of CM (citrulline malate) might be useful to increase athletic performance in high-intensity anaerobic exercises with short rest times and to relieve post-exercise muscle soreness.”
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED’s eight grams of citrulline malate per scoop is a sure thing – we’re confident you’ll reap its full benefits. If you want insane muscle pumps and then some, this is the product for you.
Next up are 3.2 grams of CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine per serving. This is a naturally-occurring beta amino acid which helps buffer muscle carnosine levels. As a result, you will increase your work capacity and keep fatigue at bay. Long story short, beta-alanine allows you to work out longer and harder.
As hard evidence, “There appears to be moderate- to high-quality that BA (beta-alanine) supplementation may increase TWD (total work done) and power output. There is also moderate- to high-quality evidence indicating that BA supplementation may increase TWD and power output,” per the International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise’s August 2013 issue (via ResearchGate.net).
We’ve always sung this ingredient’s praises, and we’re not going to stop now. If you need to get your second wind during a grueling workout, supplementing with beta-alanine before your first rep should go a long way.
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED’s third key ingredient is betaine anhydrous, which takes up 2.5 grams per serving. This refers to a combination of the amino acid glycine and three methyl groups. Betaine is also a precursor to the amino acid methionine, which helps synthesize creatine. If you’re familiar with the latter, it helps increase muscle mass and athletic performance like no other bodybuilding supplement ingredient.
The August 22, 2013 issue of the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov) backs this up. It says, “Six weeks of betaine supplementation improved body composition, muscle size, work capacity, attenuated a rise in HCTL (homocysteine thiolactone), tended to improve power (but not strength) in resistance-trained men.”
Betaine also helps boost joint function, improve liver health, enhance mood, increase fat loss, and keep homocysteine levels (a non-protein amino acid detrimental to heart health) in check. Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED uses betaine anhydrous (the latter word connotes the absence of water) – the pure form of betaine. Because of that, prepare to reap its full benefits.
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED’s next component is Creatine MagnaPower (magnesium creatine chelate), which is equal to two grams per scoop. Simply put, this refers to a combination of creatine and the versatile mineral magnesium. Experts believe magnesium’s ability to improve insulin sensitivity makes creatine more effective.
The knock against the popular creatine monohydrate is its poor absorption prowess. Magnesium creatine chelate has better bioavailability than its monohydrate counterpart. Not only that, you also reap the benefits of magnesium (increased testosterone levels, better heart health, improved sleep quality, etc.). That’s a good deal, if you ask us.
The next key ingredient is taurine, which takes up two grams per serving. We’ve always held taurine in high regard because of its versatility. Check out what it can do for you:
- Enhances cognitive function
- Improves sleep quality
- Shortens recovery time (that’s why you can find taurine in some post-workout supplements)
- Ramps up testosterone levels
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Increases fat loss
- Wards off stress
Some fitness aficionados say taurine isn’t an effective energy booster or pre-workout supplement ingredient because it acts as an inhibitory transmitter and mild sedative.
On the flip side, some experts insist taurine’s ability to improve cardiovascular function and increase athletic performance make it a good complement to pre-workout supplements.
Our take: take away taurine’s benefits pertaining to athletic performance, sleep, and heart health, it will still make an impact on your long-term health. It’s that simple. That’s why we’re glad it’s in Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED.
Another component is n-acetyl l-tyrosine, which takes up 750 milligrams per serving. This refers to the bioavailable form of l-tyrosine, an amino acid precursor to adrenaline, dopamine, and norepinephrine. The latter is a neurotransmitter which helps mobilize the brain and body for action and ramp up energy levels. You can see for yourself l-tyrosine is an effective nootropic.
This is not the first time we’ve seen n-acetyl l-tyrosine in a Nutrex Research product (it’s also in Nutrex OUTRAGE and Nutrex OUTLIFT CONCENTRATE). We get the impression the manufacturer wants to perk the consumer up physically and mentally. We like that take-no-prisoners approach. A comprehensive pre-workout supplement gives you the fastest return on your investment.
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED also has 500 milligrams of choline bitartrate per scoop. “Studies suggest choline bitartrate is an essential nutrient that increases acetylcholine levels, mental energy, and cognitive processing, while also supporting athletic strength and performance. Acetylcholine supports healthy muscular contractile force which is very important during intense training,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
According to a 2008 study of the International Journal of Sport Nutrition (via HumanKinetics.com), a “reduction in acetylcholine production can have a marked influence on muscle performance because it inhibits the ability of the α-motor neuron to communicate with the motor end plate in muscle excitation-contraction coupling.”
The same study also suggests choline helps ward off homocysteine. This means choline not only helps increase muscle performance, but it also helps boost cardiovascular function. Choline bitartrate is another common ingredient in Nutrex Research pre-workout supplements. We’re not surprised: this component is a great bargain.
Next up are Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED’s caffeine components: Kaff2 Citrate 50.2 percent (yielding 200 mg caffeine) and caffeiene anhydrous (yielding 150 mg caffeine). Just like taurine, caffeine has many benefits:
- Ramps up energy levels
- Increases fat loss
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Keeps free radicals at bay
- Enhances cognitive function
- Improves liver health
- Increases longevity
It bears repeating: caffeine is a double-edged sword. Excessive amounts may result in a spike-crash effect, jitters, nervousness, and sleeplessness in some individuals. This supplement’s grand total of 350 milligrams of caffeine per scoop is also roughly equal to three cups of brewed coffee. If you’re iffy about caffeine, better skip Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED.
Speaking of which, we’re a bit iffy about this pre-workout’s caffeine citrate content. The manufacturer claims it “appears to raise caffeine blood levels faster than other caffeine sources.” However, bear in mind physicians mainly use caffeine citrate to treat infants with apnea of prematurity.
On that note, it’s a bit awkward to stumble upon caffeine citrate in a pre-workout supplement. The traditional caffeine anhydrous (the pure, powdered form of caffeine) would have sufficed. Nonetheless, always proceed with caution when taking a pre-workout with caffeine.
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED also has 50 milligrams of Theacrine (as Teacrine) per serving. This is a natural ingredient of Chinese tea which helps ramp up dopamine levels for increased energy, physical performance, and alertness. Experts believe a theacrine and caffeine combination should perk you up like no other combo can (without the dreaded side effects of the latter). Plus, taking theacrine on its own won’t leave you wired at night.
When experts sized up the supplement TheaTrim (which has theacrine) in November 2015, they concluded in the journal Nutrients (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov) that “TheaTrim does appear to favorably impact multiple subjective feelings related to energy and mood compared to caffeine and a placebo.”
Studies on theacrine aren’t as extensive as caffeine. Nevertheless, it seems to us the former is gaining serious traction among bodybuilding enthusiasts. It should be a great inclusion in Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED.
The next key ingredient is BioPerine [(Piper nigrum extract)(fruit)], which is equal to five milligrams per serving. “Research has shown that BioPerine enhances dietary ingredient and nutrient absorption in the body which improves the effectiveness of key compounds in OUTLIFT AMPED,” per the product’s webpage.
We agree with this. Black pepper fruit extract is a common bodybuilding supplement ingredient which helps improve nutrient bioavailability for better overall results. We’re happy it’s in Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED.
The last key ingredient is rauwolscine, which takes up 1.5 milligrams per scoop. “Rauwolscine is an alpha-receptor antagonist that can block the action of receptors responsible for stopping fat breakdown. Consuming before you train allows your body to keep breaking down fat beyond the point in exercise where it would normally stop, which, in turn, helps to promote longer-lasting energy, endurance, and stamina,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
Here’s the thing: most studies on rauwolscine used animal subjects. That means its benefits on human athletic performance remain inconclusive. Experts need to conduct more studies on this ingredient. If you want fat loss, stick to l-carnitine (which you can find in supplements such as MRM CoQ-10 With L-Carnitine and EVLUTION NUTRITION LEAN BCAA).
The takeaway: Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED is far and away the best pre-workout supplement the company has manufactured. The smart formulation blew us away. We’re confident the so-called “Extreme Energy Pre-Workout Powerhouse” will also knock your socks off.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Magnesium (from magnesium creatine chelate), 160 mg: This is a versatile mineral which helps regulate blood pressure levels, improve cardiovascular function and sleep quality, increase testosterone levels, regulate muscle and nerve function, strengthen bones, and promote muscle relaxation. Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED has a solid 40 percent of the daily value for magnesium (a minimum daily value of 15 percent is high).
- Sodium, 135 mg: This pre-workout supplement has average sodium content at six percent of the daily value. It’s bordering on low, so it’s still a safe bet for those who are monitoring their sodium intake.
- Citrulline malate 2:1, 8 g: Without a doubt, this is Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED’s most impressive feature. Pre-workout supplements with this much citrulline malate belong in a different stratosphere. This much is sure to increase muscle pumps, boost blood flow, improve nutrient uptake, and promote healthy blood pressure levels.
- CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine, 3.2 g: A naturally-occurring beta amino acid which helps buffer muscle carnosine levels for increased work capacity and resistance to fatigue. Long story short, beta-alanine helps one work out longer and harder.
- Betaine anhydrous, 2.5 g: Betaine is a precursor to the amino acid methionine, which helps synthesize creatine levels in the body for increased muscle mass and athletic performance. Betaine also helps improve heart and liver health, regulate joint function, and boost fat loss.
- Creatine MagnaPower (magnesium creatine chelate), 2 g: This is a combination of the mineral magnesium and the muscle-building ingredient creatine. Experts believe this form of creatine helps increase protein synthesis. It also has better solubility than its creatine monohydrate counterpart.
- Taurine, 2 g: A versatile amino acid which helps enhance cognitive function, keep stress levels in check, improve sleep quality, increase fat loss, shorten recovery time, and ramp up testosterone levels.
- N-acetyl l-tyrosine, 750 mg: A bioavailable form of l-tyrosine which acts as a precursor to the neurotransmitters adrenaline, dopamine, and norepinephrine. N-acetyl l-tyrosine fires up both the mind and body for more efficient workouts.
- Choline bitartrate, 500 mg: A popular nootropic which helps increase acetylcholine levels and, consequently, muscular performance. Studies also reveal choline bitartrate helps boost heart health.
- Caffeine (active), 350 mg [Kaff2 Citrate 50.2 percent (yielding 200 mg caffeine) and caffeine anhydrous (yielding 150 mg caffeine)]: Caffeine helps increase energy levels, boost fat loss, enhance cognitive function, improve liver function, keep free radicals at bay, and regulate blood sugar levels. However, too much of it may produce a spike-crash effect, jitters, nervousness, and sleeplessness in some individuals.
- Theacrine (as TeaCrine), 50 mg: A natural ingredient of Chinese tea which has similar stimulatory benefits as caffeine without the side effects. However, contemporary studies on theacrine aren’t as extensive as those on caffeine.
- Bioperine [(Piper nigrum extract)(fruit)], 5 mg: Black pepper fruit extract helps improve nutrient bioavailability for better overall results.
- Rauwolscine, 1.5 mg: The manufacturer claims this ingredient helps break down fat “beyond the point in exercise where it would normally stop” for increased energy levels and stamina, per its official website. Rauwolscine remains an unproven pre-workout supplement ingredient as most of the studies involving it use animal subjects.
The manufacturer dubbed Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED its “Extreme Energy Pre-Workout Powerhouse.” Well, take its word for it: this pre-workout supplement is indeed a powerhouse, to say the least. We daresay it’s the best of its kind from Nutrex Research. The supplement facts say it all.
You start with the insane eight grams of citrulline malate per scoop, and you know right off the bat this product has a bit of everything. As a consumer, you know it’ll jack you up like no other pre-workout. Not too many pre-workouts have that much citrulline malate. If you want otherworldly muscle pumps, this product delivers on all fronts.
You also can’t go wrong with Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED’s other time-tested bodybuilding ingredients: 3.2 grams of CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine, 2.5 grams of betaine anhydrous, two grams of Creatine MagnaPower, two grams of taurine, 750 milligrams of n-acetyl l-tyrosine, and 500 milligrams of choline bitartrate per serving.
Among their combined benefits include increased work capacity, strength, muscle mass, exercise performance, testosterone levels, and resistance to fatigue; better heart health, more fat loss, and shorter recovery time. It just doesn’t get any better than that.
The good thing about Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED is its versatility – its nootropic (n-acetyl l-tyrosine and choline bitartrate) components give it an edge over the pretenders. Plus, they’ll perk you up mentally as well. We always believe the best pre-workouts work both your mind and body. This one belongs in that elite category.
Don’t forget about caffeine. Despite its reputation as a double-edged sword, it also has impressive benefits – increased energy levels, fat loss, and protection against free radicals; enhanced cognitive function, and better liver health, among other things. Bear in mind Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED’s total caffeine content (350 milligrams per scoop) is equal to at least three cups of brewed coffee. Please take the necessary precautions.
The theacrine and BioPerine components serve as a great insurance policy. Just about the only ingredient we’re iffy about is rauwolscine, which experts haven’t studied as extensively as, say, caffeine.
All in all, we give Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED’s impressive formulation a huge thumbs up. It’s a far cary from other Nutrex supplements such as Nutrex OUTRAGE and Nutrex OUTLIFT CONCENTRATE, which have several questionable ingredients. The manufacturer has outdone itself this time around.
Plus, the company does a tremendous job in terms of transparency – it reveals all of the ingredient amounts. You won’t find any shady transparency blends in Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED. We like that.
This pre-workout also enjoys a stellar reputation among customers – they say it works and tastes great, too. We agree with them wholeheartedly.
While Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED is an awesome pre-workout, it isn’t flawless. It has sucralose, an artificial sweetener which experts have linked to obesity. Stevia, a natural sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, would have been the better alternative.
Finally, this pre-workout doesn’t come cheap. One 426-gram container costs $44.95. Because of its stellar ingredient quality, we’re not surprised one bit. Look at the bright side: it’s worth every penny.
We stand pat on our claim: Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED is the company’s best pre-workout supplement to date. In fact, it’s one of today’s best pre-workouts. If there’s one product which deserves to be in Labdoor’s top pre-workout rankings, this is it. Buy it and reap its immense benefits.
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED Benefits
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Powerful clinically-dosed ingredients
- Intense workout energy, power, and strength
- Increased muscle pumps and resistance to fatigue
- Excellent transparency
We agree with all of these claims. Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED is one of the best pre-workout supplements on the market today. Get yours today.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED for healthy and active individuals who want to increase muscle pumps, endurance, resistance, muscle mass, and fat loss; improve workout quality, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED contains a grand total of 350 milligrams of caffeine, which may cause a spike-crash effect, jitters, nervousness, and sleeplessness in some individuals.
This pre-workout supplement also contains beta-alanine, an ingredient which may cause a flushing or tingling sensation in the skin shortly after consumption.
Finally, experts have linked this product’s sucralose content to obesity and other side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED Review Summary
- Impressive formulation. Contains just about every essential pre-workout ingredient.
- Versatile. Perks up both the mind and body.
- Insane citrulline malate content. Eight grams per scoop for insane muscle pumps and vascularity.
- Time-tested pre-workout components. Betaine anhydrous, beta-alanine, Creatine MagnaPower, n-acetyl l-tyrosine, and choline bitartrate.
- Awesome transparency. Manufacturer breaks down all of the ingredient amounts.
- Excellent reputation. Customers swear by its effects and taste. We agree.
- Flavor options. Comes in refreshing Cosmic Burst, Fruit Candy, and Peach Pineapple flavors.
- Has sucralose. Artificial sweetener with ties to obesity.
- Caffeine content. Equal to roughly three cups of brewed coffee. Proceed with caution.
- Expensive. One 426-gram container costs $44.95. Worth the price of admission, though.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 426-gram Container (20-Day Supply): $44.95
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED
The so-called “Extreme Energy Pre-Workout Powerhouse” has exceeded all expectations. It’s not only the best pre-workout the manufacturer has come up with, but it’s one of the stellar ones in this bodybuilding supplement category. The outstanding formulation should serve as hard evidence.
Despite its chinks (sucralose and caffeine content, expensive price), we’re positive Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED will take your workouts to the next level. We highly recommend you buy it and make it a part of your supplement stack.