Trick question: what’s the cleanest post-workout supplement product on the market?
In case you can’t think of any, we have a worthy candidate: TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout.
Take the name for what it means, folks. This bodybuilding product means business.
We’re sure you’re as pumped up for this review as we are.
About TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout
TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout has “no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, and non-GMO,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Great ingredient combination. Features the full post-workout arsenal.
- 3:1:1 BCAA ratio. Assists in the protein synthesis and muscle tissue repair processes.
- ConcenTrace Electrolyte Blend. Features 72 key minerals from the Great Salt Lake in Utah.
TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout Supplement Facts (Strawberry Lemonade, 24-gram packet)
|Serving Size 1 Packet (24 g)
Servings Per Container 20
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g||3%*|
|Magnesium (from ConcenTrace®)||30 mg||8%|
|BCAA 3:1:1 Blend||5 g||**|
L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine
|CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine||2 g||**|
|Creatine Monohydrate||1 g||**|
|AAKG L-Arginine||500 mg||**|
|Organic Beet Root Powder||500 mg||**|
|HMB (as Calcium beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate)||500 mg||**|
|ConcenTrace® Electrolyte Blend||500 mg||**|
|A complex of over 72 naturally occurring ionic trace minerals from the Great Salt Lake.|
|Ingredients: Tapioca starch, certified organic cane sugar, natural strawberry and citrus flavors (lemon, lime), citric acid, stevia leaf extract, silica.|
|Suggested Use: Open packet, add contents to 8-10 oz of water and mix well. Take within 30-45 minutes after workout for best results.|
Clean as a Whistle, Feel the Difference
Let’s keep it real, folks: many post-workout supplements are junk. They contain artificial food colorings such as FD&C Red No. 40 (which has p-Cresidine, a human carcinogen) and additives such as carrageenan (linked to several ailments).
But wait, there’s hope.
We stumbled upon a product which could set the bar high – Trace Mineral Research’s TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout.
It caught our attention because the first thing the manufacturer said it is clean with “no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners & non-GMO,” per its official website.
It piqued our interest, no question about it.
The company cuts right to the chase – it doesn’t resort to fancy descriptions or catchy marketing tag lines. It just rattles off each ingredient of TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout.
First up is five grams of BCAAs per serving following a 3:1:1 ratio for leucine, isoleucine, and valine.
Hey, we like it. Five grams of BCAAs per serving is the most we’ve seen in most post-workout supplements.
That much will help you build muscle mass. Remember, leucine is the BCAA responsible for kickstarting the muscle protein synthesis process. Three grams per serving ought to do this and then some.
As for the one gram each of isoleucine and valine per serving, they will help repair muscle tissue after a tough workout.
The next ingredient is 1.5 grams of betaine per serving.
According to the manufacturer’s official website, betaine helps “support protein synthesis for long-term muscle growth.”
We agree. However, betaine is more than that. It also has other great post-workout benefits:
- Helps improve cardiovascular health
- May support fat loss
- Boosts digestion
Pretty impressive, isn’t it? We’re glad betaine – one of the most versatile post-workout ingredients – is in TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout.
Next up is two grams of l-glutamine per serving.
Glutamine, another post-workout supplement staple, is the most abundant amino acid. It helps preserve hard-earned muscle mass and increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels.
Plus, it helps boost the immune system, per Trace Minerals Research’s official website.
If you feel you’ve been slogging through your workouts, you may need some beta-alanine.
The good news: TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout has two grams of beta-alanine per serving.
It “aids in the production of carnosine, which aids in muscle endurance during high-intensity exercise and strength training,” per the company’s website.
Wait. It gets better.
TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout also has 500 milligrams of organic beet root powder and l-arginine per serving.
These two ingredients are precursors of nitric oxide, which helps dilate the blood vessels for more efficient nutrient delivery, muscle pumps, and lower blood pressure.
On the other hand, if you want a little bit of every post-workout benefit imaginable, you may want to try HMB. This product has 500 milligrams per serving.
HMB (as calcium beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate) “promotes increases in muscle mass for more strength, assists muscle recovery, and supports muscle endurance during workouts,” per Trace Minerals Research’s official website.
In our opinion, HMB is on the same level as betaine in terms of versatility. Growing muscle mass is just the beginning. When you consume HMB, you recover faster. This sets the stage for your subsequent workouts.
Another ingredient is one gram of taurine per serving.
We like taurine because it helps support water balance and nutrient uptake in your muscles, similar to the way creatine does it.
Taurine also has other important post-workout benefits:
- Increases alertness
- Helps improve cardiovascular health
- Helps regulate blood pressure levels
- Prevents dehydration
Another encouraging bit of news: TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout has one gram of creatine monohydrate per serving.
This ingredient is the most effective and cheapest form of creatine, which helps build muscle mass and increase performance.
Now, we rarely see a post-workout supplement which has both taurine and creatine. TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout is the lone exception so far. It’s one of the many reasons this product blows us away.
Finally, TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout has “a complex of over 72 naturally-occurring ionic trace minerals from the Great Salt Lake,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
Just so you know, electrolytes are minerals which help regulate fluids in the body. Among the notable ones in most post-workout supplements are sodium, potassium, and calcium.
Your electrolyte levels diminish after a strenuous exercise session. Needless to say, you must replenish during the crucial 30-minute post-workout anabolic window.
What better way to replenish your depleted electrolyte levels than with 72 natural minerals from the awesome Great Salt Lake?
Hey, it’s not everyday you come across a post-workout supplement manufacturer based in Utah. Take advantage, folks.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 35: TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout is a low-calorie post-workout supplement with just 35 per serving. Granted, it’s not the lowest in the industry (Dr. Layne Norton’s Carbon Recover has only 10 calories per serving), but it’s still a respectable amount.
- Total carbohydrate, 9 g: This supplement is a low-carb product at just three percent of the daily value (anything less than five percent is considered low). Most of the carb content is attributed to the inclusion of tapioca starch, which is derived from cassava and is high in fiber and good cholesterol. Plus, it is rich in B-complex vitamins and iron, manganese, and calcium. Fantastic.
- Calcium, 50 mg: TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout has five percent of the daily value for calcium, which isn’t very much. Try consuming a quality protein supplement such as PROMIX Grass-Fed Whey Protein to help amp up your calcium levels.
- Magnesium (from ConcenTrace), 30 mg: This product has a decent – not great – amount of magnesium at eight percent of the daily value. Magnesium helps regulate healthy blood sugar and blood pressure levels. It also helps boost bone health, a crucial post-workout benefit.
- Sodium, 5 mg: TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout has little sodium content at less than one percent of the daily value. Sodium helps prevent muscle cramps and such, but it seems to us the manufacturer doesn’t want to compromise your blood pressure (too much sodium may make it soar). Always a good thing, if you ask us.
- BCAA 3:1:1 Blend, 5 g: One of this supplement’s main features is its 3:1:1 BCAA Blend, with three grams of leucine per serving to help build muscle mass. Awesome.
- CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine, 2 g: Increase your carnosine levels and endurance with beta-alanine, one of the most popular post-workout ingredients around.
- L-glutamine, 2 g: When you build muscle, you might as well preserve it. Glutamine does just that. It also raises your human growth hormone (HGH) levels and boosts your immune system. No wonder the guys from the Golden Era of Bodybuilding loved glutamine.
- Betaine, 1.5 g: Betaine – another popular post-workout ingredient – helps support protein synthesis, per the manufacturer’s official website. It also helps improve cardiovascular health and digestion.
- Taurine, 1 g: This ingredient helps regulate water levels in the body, in much the same way creatine does. However, there’s a difference: taurine won’t give you that bloated water look some inferior creatine products do.
- Creatine monohydrate, 1 g: If you are looking for a quality post-workout supplement, you might as well look for one with creatine monohydrate. It will help you build muscle mass and improve athletic performance. Guaranteed.
- AAKG l-arginine, 500 mg: Arginine is a precursor of nitric oxide, which helps dilate your blood vessels for awesome muscle pumps and efficient shuttling of nutrients. Fantastic.
- Organic beet root powder, 500 mg: This ingredient has gained some traction in the post-workout supplement world, and with good reason – it helps improve athletic performance and regulate blood pressure levels. Go get yours today.
- HMB (as calcium beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate), 500 mg: Another virtuoso in TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout. If you want to improve your strength, recovery, and endurance, it’s all here. Fantastic addition.
- ConcenTrace Electrolyte Blend, 500 mg: We dare you to name a post-workout supplement which has 72 natural trace minerals from an awesome source such as the Great Salt Lake. We bet you’d be stumped. Easily one of TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout’s selling points. It makes the product a cut above the rest.
Well, folks. It sure seems to us TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout is one clean and complete product.
Even though it has no protein content, we believe the 3:1:1 BCAA Blend, creatine monohydrate, taurine, and glutamine components mesh beautifully. You can still build quality muscle mass.
Don’t forget the three grams of leucine per serving. That much leucine – the king of BCAAs – will help you muscle up. Believe it.
We also like the inclusion of tapioca starch as the main carbohydrate source. It’s a quality ingredient which has good fiber, protein, and good cholesterol content.
Tapioca starch has so many health benefits (helps boost digestion, increase energy levels, improve blood circulation, regulate blood pressure levels, and increase muscle mass), we’d take this over other post-workout carb sources such as waxy maize any time of day.
It makes us wish more post-workout manufacturers followed suit.
The manufacturer, Trace Minerals Research, also takes the road less traveled in terms of its unique ConcenTrace Electrolyte Blend.
Replenish your electrolyte stores with 72 key minerals from the Great Salt Lake? We wouldn’t hesitate one bit.
And the inclusion of organic beet root powder for better athletic performance and improved blood flow? Nothing short of spectacular.
When you consume TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout, you’ll also reap the benefits of several other staple post-workout ingredients in betaine, beta-alanine, and arginine.
Finally, we tip our hats off to the manufacturer for using minimally-processed and natural sweeteners in organic cane sugar and stevia leaf extract.
Stevia is a zero-calorie, plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Fantastic.
What can we say? This supplement’s combination of quality post-workout ingredients is one of the best we’ve seen.
It has a lot of ingredients, but they’re not the type which will make your head spin from all the confusion. Like we said, the manufacturer gets right down to it. No fuss, no frills. Perfect.
In terms of ingredient transparency, we rate this product as superior. Trace Minerals Research lists the precise amount of each ingredient.
There are also no fillers, dirty ingredients and proprietary blends. Awesome.
All in all, TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout is a first-rate supplement in every sense of the word.
TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout Benefits
TMRFIT SERIES Post-Workout has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps repair and grow muscle
- Helps increase strength, speed, and power
- Boosts nitric oxide levels to facilitate faster recovery
- Reduces post-workout fatigue
- Flexible: supports both strength and endurance workouts
- Quality electrolyte blend which helps improve hydration and performance
- No known allergens
We agree with these claims 100 percent. TMRFIT SERIES Post-Workout has the complete post-workout arsenal. Try it and reap its immense benefits.
Who Takes It?
TMRFIT SERIES Post-Workout is intended for healthy and active individuals over the age of 18 who want to gain muscle mass, boost recovery, improve performance, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
We’re happy to report TMRFIT SERIES Post-Workout has no glaring side effects.
However, the manufacturer issues a warning:
TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout Summary
- Great ingredient combination. Comprehensive post-workout supplement even without protein.
- 3:1:1 BCAA Blend. Helps in protein synthesis and muscle tissue repair.
- Has betaine, beta-alanine, and arginine. Three of the classic post-workout ingredients.
- Includes beet root powder. Popular ingredient which helps boost athletic performance.
- Has tapioca starch. Cassava by-product with several health benefits.
- ConcenTrace Electrolyte Blend. Seventy-two key minerals from the Great Salt Lake.
- Has stevia. Zero-calorie natural sweetener which helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Clean ingredients. No proprietary blends, fillers, and dirty ingredients.
- Expensive. $42.83 for a 16.02-oz. (454-gram) container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 454-gram Container (30-Day Supply): $42.83
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout
We can now say TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout is one of the few products which stands by its claim.
They said it’s a clean product. You’ve read our review. Believe it, folks. It’s the real deal.
It bears repeating: TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout has the complete arsenal. It has many strengths with its price as the lone weakness. We’d buy it in a heartbeat.
We highly recommend you try this product. It will help you achieve your post-workout goals in no time.