Nothing beats grass-fed whey protein, folks.
You should know by now whey protein helps build lean muscle mass and kickstart the protein synthesis process because of its BCAA content. Plus, it has glutathione – a potent antioxidant.
Grass-fed whey ups the ante because it is as natural as it gets. Do you want cows jabbed with artificial growth hormone as the source of your whey protein supplement?
We don’t think so.
Please welcome PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein: Proudly California grass-fed and more. This should be a very interesting review, folks.
About PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein
According to the manufacturer’s official website, PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein is “perfect for a post-workout shake, breakfast smoothie, or healthful protein boost any time of the day.” Formula notes:
- Twenty-five grams of whey protein concentrate per serving. Helps build lean muscle.
- California grass-fed. All-natural all the time, brings you extra health-supportive nutrition too.
- Comes in five flavors. Unflavored, Raw Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Vanilla.
PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Supplement Facts (Unflavored, 5-lb. container)
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (25 g)
Servings Per Container: 91
Amount Per Serving / % Daily Value*
|Calories 120||Calories From Fat 15|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Vitamin A 0% *||Vitamin C 0%|
|Calcium 10% *||Iron 0%|
|Magnesium 4% *||Phosphorus 9%|
Ingredients: Grass-fed Whey Protein Concentrate, Less than 1% Non-GMO Sunflower Lecithin
Directions: On training days, mix two scoops in 12-16 oz of water, or carbohydrate based post-workout beverage, within 30 minutes of your workout. On non-training days, use one scoop, 1-3 times daily, in between or in addition to meals as a protein supplement.
PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein: Clean Nutrition for Lean Muscle
Let’s be realistic: Sleazy manufacturers saturate the market with protein powder supplements that have fillers and proprietary blends. As a consumer, you’d be wise to avoid those red flags.
Having said that, we like the proliferation of natural and grass-fed whey protein powder supplements.
Enter PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein.
This product has 25 grams of grass-fed whey protein concentrate per scoop. A good number of protein supplements combine whey protein concentrate (WPC) with whey protein isolate (WPI), but not this one.
Just so you know, WPC is 70 to 80 percent protein with 5 percent lactose content (thus, it isn’t advisable for lactose intolerant individuals). Because it’s the less purified kind of whey, it has more carbs and fats content than its WPI counterpart. Ergo, it is bigger on flavor (WPI tends to taste somewhat bitter on its own).
Not only is WPC tastier, it is also high in branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs). According to the manufacturer, each serving of PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein has a whopping 5.9 grams of BCAAs (in contrast, MyProtein Impact Whey Protein – one of the industry leaders – only has 4.5 grams of BCAAs).
Some fitness experts argue there’s no reason to miss whey protein isolate.
Why is that? They argue further processing of the protein strips it of nutritional co-factors such as minerals, vitamins, and lipids. These experts also say WPI is acidifying, which may result in wasting of muscle and bone tissues in the long run.
In our opinion, WPI does have advantages (fast-absorbing, no lactose content, low-carb, etc.). It’s just that you get none of its shortcomings when you consume ProMix Grass-Fed Whey Protein.
Boy, do we love that word, grass-fed. It should be music to an avid whey protein powder supplement consumer’s ears.
According to PROMIX Nutrition, “our Northern California partner farms ensure year-round grass-fed. For over five years we have worked with the same farms. PROMIX brings years of quality you can trust.”
Assuring your consumers your whey protein is grass-fed gives them confidence their long-term health is in good hands – none of the artificial growth hormones other manufacturers feed their cows. We like that.
Speaking of long-term health, PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein “is the only grass-fed whey with 3rd Party-Verified Glutathione (mother of all antioxidants) content with 178 mg/serving,” per the manufacturer.
Glutathione helps remove toxins from the cells, thus protecting them from oxidative damage. It’s one of the key benefits of consuming whey protein. However, PROMIX Nutrition amping up the quality of its grass-fed whey protein product is admirable, to say the least.
So, there you have it, folks: With PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein offers you 25 grams of top-notch, immune-system boosting whey protein concentrate per serving. Awesome.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 1.5 g: You’d expect a whey protein concentrate supplement to have a tad bit more fat content, but this one doesn’t go overboard, folks. Good job on the manufacturer’s part.
- Cholesterol, 50 mg: Fifty milligrams of cholesterol per serving may not sound much, but it should, considering PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein’s is 17 percent the daily value (anything more than five percent the daily value is excessive). Check with your physician if you have any cardiovascular issues.
- Sodium, 50 mg: PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein is a good low-sodium supplement. The 50 milligrams per serving represents just two percent of the daily value for this nutrient.
- Potassium, 90 mg: You need this mineral to help stabilize your blood pressure, but too much of it may not be good for your heart. The manufacturer does a good job of limiting potassium within reasonable levels.
- Total carbohydrate, 3 g: At just one percent the daily value for carbohydrates, PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein is a pretty solid low-carb supplement. You’d expect a whey protein isolate product to have that much carb content (or lower), so for a whey protein concentrate supplement to have only three grams per serving is commendable. Sugar levels are pretty low – they range from four to six grams per serving for the flavored versions. However, non-GMO cane sugar is still sugar. Made us wish the manufacturer used stevia instead.
Twenty-five grams of quality whey protein concentrate per serving.
3rd Party-Verified Glutathione content.
PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein keeps things simple yet powerful in terms of its protein content. We like that.
Plus, this product has low fat and low sodium content. Far too many protein powder supplement manufacturers put too much emphasis on the latter ingredient for the sake of post-workout recovery. They neglect consumers with cardiovascular issues.
Not PROMIX Nutrition.
Carb content is pretty low, too. PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein – with its 5.9 grams of BCAAs per serving – ought to help you put on lean muscle mass, increase strength, and boost your recovery.
Let’s also not forget about this product’s sunflower lecithin content, which helps boost brain and nervous system health. Awesome, to say the least.
Plus, we salute the manufacturer for its transparency – you know what you’re putting in your body. The simple ingredients make a loud statement: There are no fillers. Absolutely fantastic.
We hate to break it to you, though – this is not a perfect product.
Two gripes here: the high cholesterol (17 percent of the daily value) and the sugar content. The latter may not be high, but using non-GMO cane sugar may deceive the consumer – it is still sugar. Why the manufacturer didn’t use stevia (a low-calorie, plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood sugar levels) is beyond us.
PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Benefits
The manufacturer enumerates the benefits of PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein on its official website:
- Year-round grass-fed
- Cold-processed Microfiltration
- Acid- and bleach-free
- Third-party-verified glutathione
- No corn, soy, gluten, hormones, GMOs, etc.
- Mixes instantly
Hey, with all of these benefits, it’s hard to pass up on a powerhouse protein supplement such as PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein. Unless you’re not conscious about the cholesterol and sugar type, give this one a shot, folks.
Who Takes It?
PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein is intended for athletes and active individuals who want to build lean muscle mass, increase strength, improve recovery, and meet their daily protein requirements.
Any Side Effects?
PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein has no glaring side effects. However, the product’s whey protein concentrate has lactose. Individuals who are lactose intolerant should steer clear of this product.
Moreover, people who have cardiovascular concerns should consult their doctor first before purchasing as this product has a high cholesterol content (17 percent of the daily value).
PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Summary
- Twenty-five grams of WPC per serving. Helps build lean muscle mass.
- 5.9 grams of BCAAs per serving. Helps kickstart protein synthesis.
- Third-party-verified glutathione. Powerful antioxidant for long-term health.
- Year-round grass-fed. No artificial growth hormones whatsoever.
- Great solubility. Mixes easily with water.
- High cholesterol. Seventeen percent the daily value.
- Non-GMO cane sugar. Empty calories.
- Somewhat expensive. $79.99 for a five-lb. container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 five-lb. container (76-Day Supply): $79.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein
So, is California grass-fed whey the way to go, folks?
Yes, we think so. Give it a try.
Is it the best grass-fed whey protein supplement in the market?
No, we don’t think so.
How does PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey get over the hump?
Simple. Create a new, stevia-sweetened formula with lower cholesterol.
For now, other grass-fed whey protein products such as Jay Robb Whey Protein get the nod.
Hi guys, you keep talking about the sugar content of the flavored options, but your article begins with a picture of the unflavored version which has 2 ingredients, exactly 1 gram of natural sugar, and IMO tastes fantastic and just like concentrated milk. What gives? I don’t understand why anyone would need artificial flavorings in their protein supplementation, and I especially don’t understand why a health minded website like this would be recommending artificial sweeteners over simple natural whole foods.
Best 5 Supplements says
We gave PROMIX a good review, Bro. Plenty of props to this Protein, including its natural whole-food advantages. Did you actually read the review? Quote: “PROMIX 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein is a pretty solid low-carb supplement…. Sugar levels are pretty low… we wish wish the manufacturer used stevia instead.” So what exactly are you on about, mate?