Combining pro-anabolic/anti-catabolic benefits not seen in other post-workouts, Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout is the best formula of its kind for clean and healthy muscle gains. Find out why in this review.
About Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout
Part of Opti-Nutra’s new line of advanced nutraceuticals, Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout positions itself as a “restorative” post-workout stack for muscle recovery and healthy gains. Formula notes:
- Muscle growth factors. Boosts muscle ATP energy and growth hormone to stimulate, fuel and nourish lean muscle development
- Gains protector. Soothing antioxidant activity fights muscle damage and connective tissue damage – more gains, less downtime
- “Sports drink in a capsule”. Organic coconut water crystals plus Himalayan pink salt accelerates hydration and supplies minerals. (You supply the water)
Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout
|Serving Size: 4 Plantcaps®|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Sodium (from Himalayan Pink Salt)||140 mg|
|Creatine (as Creapure® pH10)||1000 mg|
|Pomegranate (P40p™) (40% punicosides 50% polyphenols)||500 mg|
|Himalayan Pink Salt||350 mg|
|Organic Coconut Water Crystals (freeze dried powder)||1250 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Plantcaps® Pullulan Capsule, NuFlow® Rice Concentrate.|
|Suggested Use: Take 4-6 capsules immediately following your workout along with 16-32 oz. of water, depending on the intensity of your workout and amount of fluids lost during exercise. For best results use consistently.|
Strong restorative support for muscle recovery and healthy gains.
Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout puts muscle recovery first, but approaches it from new angle that culminate in what they call “healthy gains.”
In this case healthy means “big” muscle growth, but also growth that is achieved in a non-damaging, sustainable way. Let’s take a look at the lineup:
Creatine (Creapure® pH10), 1000 mg
Creatine is a dominant sports nutrient for muscle growth. The problem is, the harder you train, the more your muscle creatine stores will be depleted.
That’s why Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout leads off with a balanced serving of creatine for its “restorative sports nutrition” mission.
Creatine is a great multitasker for post-work out nutrition, bringing a great one-two punch for muscle growth by addressing both anabolism and catabolism:
- Boosting Anabolism: Creatine supports ATP energy within muscle tissue; good for performance and growth. It also helps boost IGF-1 growth factor, increase protein synthesis, and stimulate muscle stem cells
- Fighting Catabolism: Creatine naturally modulates inflammation and counters free radicals – targeting two of the most destructive enemies of lean muscle gains. It also blocks myostatin, a compound that inhibits muscle growth.
There’s nothing earth-shattering about this ingredient choice. Just the most straightforward, evidence-backed tool for the job.
- Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout uses Creapure® pH10, which adds a little sizzle. This form is 99.5% pure, and pH balanced — so it eliminates cheap creatine side effects: “The Bloats.”
Organic Pomegranate Extract (P40p™) (40% punicosides, 50% total polyphenols), 500 mg
Pomegranates are densely loaded with polyphenol antioxidants that neutralize cell-damaging free radicals, making it a popular supplement for everything from cardiovascular health, joint flexibility and anti-aging. Pomegranates’ antioxidant activity is good for post-workout supplements because they:
- Protect muscle tissues and the blood vessels that supply them
- Supply joint-soothing properties that reduce aches and joint damage
Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout’s efficient design is seen here: One natural ingredient that protects joints and preserves lean muscle gains in many ways.
- Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout uses P40p™, a patented extract with the antioxidant power of 5 whole pomegranates in each serving.
Organic Coconut Water Crystals, 1250 mg
Dehydration is a gains-killer. With poor hydration, blood flow to muscles gets more sluggish, damage to muscle tissue increases, and physical performance declines.
- The problem: Carrying around bottles of sports drinks is annoying and distracting when you’re trying to train.
- The solution: Coconut water crystals in a capsule
Coconut water crystals supply glucose and electrolytes like magnesium, potassium, and sodium to help replenish what is sweated out during intense training.
- Coconut water has been shown in human clinical research to speed up rehydration of the body after work out.
Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout supplies organic coconut water in crystallized form. Just take the capsules and hit the water fountain.
Himalayan Pink Salt, 350 mg
Salt is included in Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout as a helper nutrient. On its own, salt helps to improve hydration and boosts the absorption of amino acids, including branched-chain amino acids (BCAA), that you are taking to build muscle.
The Himalayan Pink Salt form found in Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout also supplies trace minerals, including electrolytes potassium and magnesium, adding to the electrolytes supplied by coconut water crystals.
Performance Lab SPORT products have a specific formulation style that is a welcome change for serious athletes. They all strip away the unnecessary garbage found in many sports nutrition supplements, which simplifies and strengthens the formulas at the same time.
Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout is no exception. When it comes to boosting muscle growth and protecting gains, it works in a direct and powerful way:
- Creatine is a single outstanding ingredient for muscle growth
- Pomegranate is a single outstanding ingredient for muscle protection
Both achieve these benefits by supplying a lot of different beneficial bioactivities that add up to highly effective results.
Let’s not forget Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout’s hydrating stack: Coconut Water Crystals + Himalayan Pink Salt.
- With this natural rehydration stack Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout gives you a powerful secret weapon for muscle recovery (and healthy training) that a lot of people skip.
Finally, Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout has the DNA “fingerprint” of all Performance Lab formulas:
- Streamlined; SPORT Post-Workout is four ingredients only
- Top-shelf ingredient forms pack more beneficial activity into each serving
- Smart combos that work well together, and sometimes amplify each other
It all adds up to a clean, clinical muscle recovery stack that is made to work in the healthiest way possible.
Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout Benefits
Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout is formulated to target and support the most important factors involved in building muscle and preserving gains. While there’s only four ingredients, they combine into a lot of benefits that advance these goals. Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout:
- energizes muscle for training strength and development
- stimulates multiple muscle growth factors and stem cells
- boosts blood flow to the muscles, nourishing for growth
On the flip side of the coin, Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout supplies powerful support to neutralize three of the most muscle destructive factors associated with intense training:
- free radical damage
- muscle and joint inflammation
The ultimate benefit of this formula: You can gain more muscle from your workouts then if you didn’t take it.
Better still, Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout benefits are designed to make muscles healthier, in addition to making them bigger.
Who Takes It?
Anybody can take Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout, from hard-core bodybuilders to newcomers and weekend warriors.
There are 2 specific subsets of these groups who may find Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout and other Performance Lab formulas especially appealing:
- Analytical athletes – people who like to research their supplements and investigate the scientifically-shown activities and benefit behind them will appreciate the clinical design of Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout
- Clean lifestyle athletes – there is a lot of garbage in sports nutrition — fillers, preservatives, artificial colors, synthetic flavors, etc. It makes it hard for people who are dedicated to consuming as cleanly as possible.
Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout may be the cleanest post-workout on the market: Organic and premium forms, vegetarian capsules and no synthetics.
Any Side Effects?
The same properties that make Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout so clean also make it extremely well tolerated. There are virtually no side effects concerned with this formula. This is a testament to the quality of the formula, and also the efficiency of its design.
We have a lot more side effect concerns about sports nutrition formulas that throw a lot of random, unproven exotics and sheep nutrient forms into a capsule and hope for the best – that is a surefire recipe for gastric distress, at the very least.
Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout Review Summary
- Science-based, streamlined design. Four ingredients only, all backed by strong research, and premium forms that work better together as a team
- Quality ingredient forms. Creapure® pH10, P40p™, organic coconut water crystals and Himalayan pink salt — the most effective forms available
- Hydration emphasis. Enhances hydration, an overlooked factors in massive muscle growth, with a smart “sports drink in a capsule” solution
- Clean label. Zero artificial colors or other synthetics, no pointless fillers, Plantcaps® vegetarian capsules, and pure, high-quality ingredients.
- Not available in stores like GNC. It’s not for sale at Amazon, either. If you want this supplement, you have to go to the Performance Lab website
Pricing & Where to Buy
- $40 for 1 box (120 Plantcaps; 30 servings)
- Multi-box savings: $76 for 2 boxes, $108 for 3 Boxes
- Available at to buy at the Performance Lab website only: https://www.performancelab.com/supplements/post-workout/
Final Word on Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout
If you’re not taking a post workout supplement, you should. And if you’re going to take one post workout, take Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout. This formula provides the most reliable, research-backed an effective road to muscle recovery.
Performance Lab SPORT Post-Workout’s detail-oriented emphasis on muscle health as much as muscle growth makes it an ideal supplement for anyone who wants to achieve massive gains the right way.