If you’re a bodybuilding enthusiast, you’ve probably been supplementing with BCAAs for years.
That’s a good thing.
Well, how about trying a BCAA product which has vegan BCAAs and increased antioxidant protection?
Enter Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter – a BCAA supplement unlike any other.
Enjoy the review, folks.
About Top Secret Nutrtion BCAA Re-Igniter
Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter “is a phenomenally delicious and refreshing combination of vegan BCAAs, natural astaxanthin (AstaPure), and coconut-water-infused electrolytes,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Six grams of BCAAs per serving. More than the average BCAA supplement.
- Vegan BCAAs. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Astaxanthin content. Carotenoid pigment and powerful antioxidant.
Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter Supplement Facts (Cherry Margarita, 280 grams)
|Serving Size: 9.3 g (1 Scoop)
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Sodium (as Chloride)||40 mg||2%|
|Potassium (as Gluconate and Naturally from Coconut Water Powder)||74 mg||2%|
|Calcium Citrate||13 mg||<1%|
|Magnesium Citrate||9 mg||<1%|
|InstAminos™ L-Leucine (Fermented)||3 g||**|
|InstAminos™ L-Isoleucine (Fermented)||1.5 g||**|
|InstAminos™ L-Valine (Fermented)||1.5 g||**|
|AstaPure™ Astaxanthin||3 mg||**|
|ELECTROLYTE-HYDRATION MATRIX||636 mg||**|
|Coconut Water Powder, Potassium (as Gluconate and Naturally from Coconut Water Powder), Sodium (as Chloride), Calcium Citrate, Magnesium Citrate|
|** Daily Value Not Established|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame K, Silica, Sucralose, FD&C Red No. 40.|
|DIRECTIONS: For best results mix one (1) scoop with 6 to 8 oz. of cold water before, during or after workout.|
Hydrate, Perform, And Recover
If you’re a bodybuilding enthusiast who’s been supplementing with branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) for some time, you should know their benefits by now:
- Ramp up protein synthesis
- Increase and preserve muscle mass
- Boost fat loss
- Regulate hormone balance during exercise
- Increase endurance
- Keep muscle soreness at bay
- Improve long-term health
You can see BCAAs are one of the most versatile bodybuilding supplements on the market – they help you remain in an anabolic state in and out of the gym.
We know you’ll agree with us.
Mammoth Supplements Mammoth Amino is one such product – it has an awesome 2:1:1 BCAA ratio and ramped-up vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 levels for more energy.
Another product we recommend is EVLUTION NUTRITION BCAA5000 – its five grams of BCAAs per serving should give you a fast return on your investment.
Now, let’s see if Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter is up to the task.
This supplement “is a phenomenally delicious and refreshing combination of vegan BCAAs, natural astaxanthin (AstaPure), and coconut-water-infused electrolytes,” per its official website.
Delicious and refreshing?
Sure sounds good to us, folks.
Naturally, the spotlight is on Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter’s BCAA content.
To be more precise, this supplement has an impressive six grams of vegan BCAAs per serving on a 2:1:1 ratio.
That easily tops the aforementioned EVLUTION NUTRITION BCAA5000.
We’re also talking about fermented BCAA content here.
Simply put, Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter’s BCAA content is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Ergo, it’s suitable for just about everybody except those individuals the manufacturer indicated on the warning label.
So, if you’re a vegan or vegetarian who needs to get your daily BCAA fix, Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter is an awesome choice.
Plus, three grams of InstAminos l-leucine (fermented) per serving ins’t shabby at all.
It measures up to the likes of MusclePharm BCAA 3:1:2, which has the same amount of leucine per serving.
In fact, we think that much will help you build some impressive muscle mass.
Don’t forget – leucine is the most anabolic amino acid.
This BCAA helps kickstart the muscle protein synthesis process. Without it, you won’t grow muscle.
Some studies also suggest leucine helps preserve muscle mass and incinerate fat.
Leucine helps you lose weight by signaling the release of an appetite-suppressing hormone from the hypothalamus (the part of the brain which produces hormones).
Awesome, isn’t it?
Next up are 1.5 grams of InstAminos l-isoleucine (fermented) per serving.
Isoleucine is one well-rounded BCAA. Check out what it can do for you:
- Ramp up energy levels
- Shortens recovery time
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels
- Regulates blood clot formation
- Helps maintain a positive nitrogen balance
- Repairs muscle tissue
See? If you’re a hardcore fitness junkie, you need isoleucine.
We say 1.5 grams per serving is optimal. Most BCAA supplements on the market have one gram per serving on average.
In the supplement industry, a difference of half a gram spells all the difference. Trust us.
The next key ingredient is 1.5 grams of InstAmino l-valine (fermented) per serving.
Just like isoleucine, valine also helps increase endurance and repair muscle tissue.
Plus, valine also helps ramp up muscle growth, suppress appetite, boost mental function, and regulate the nervous system.
As a final word on Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter’s BCAA content, you’ll get vegan- and vegetarian-friendly amino acids which are a tad more than your regular BCAA supplement.
How does that grab you?
For our part, we think it’s awesome, to say the least.
Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter also has three milligrams of AstaPure astaxanthin per serving.
Here’s the thing: astaxanthin is a carotenoid pigment and powerful antioxidant.
Thus, one of Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter can help you keep nasty free radicals at bay.
Experts also say astaxanthin also helps ward off inflammation, lower oxidative stress, and boost skin, brain, eye, and heart health.
We love it.
Just so you know, Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter is one of the rare BCAA products which have astaxanthin (which has no reported side effects).
We believe it’s one of its main selling points.
This product’s next set of ingredients fall under its Electrolyte-Hydration Matrix, which takes up 636 milligrams per serving.
At first glance, the components look solid.
However, this matrix is nothing more than a shady proprietary blend.
Note the manufacturer fails miserably to break down the individual ingredient amounts.
Nonetheless, the components hold their own.
Leading the charge is coconut water powder.
You’ll find coconut water in many post-workout supplements, and with good reason – it’s rich in electrolytes.
Electrolytes are key minerals which turn into ions once they dissolve in water.
Hard and vigorous exercise depletes one’s electrolyte levels. Replenishment with electrolytes helps ward off muscle cramps, fatigue, and the like.
Coconut water – a rich source of potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B – is a great resort.
Here are coconut water’s other benefits:
- Helps promote healthy blood pressure levels
- Aids in weight loss
- Increases athletic performance
- Ramps up energy levels
- Keeps cholesterol levels in check
- Wards off muscle tension
The key takeaway: coconut water is a must for any athletic and active individual.
It’s also a perfect complement to Top Secret Nutrition’s BCAA Re-Igniter.
Other key electrolytes you need after a hard workout include:
- Sodium and chloride: Helps regulate blood pressure levels and muscle function
- Calcium: Helps support muscle contraction
- Magnesium: Helps support optimum cellular function
- Potassium: Helps regulate energy levels and pH balance
While Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter’s Electrolyte-Hydration Complex is a proprietary blend, you’ll see the daily values of key minerals at the top of the ingredients list.
Note that sodium has a daily value of two percent. In fact, all of the other minerals have a daily value of no more than this amount.
That tells us the electrolytes in this supplement won’t make a significant impact. Why?
A daily value of two percent is low – paltry, even (for reference, a daily value of five percent is low).
Another key takeaway: because of its sub-par electrolyte content, Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter’s main strengths lie in its six grams of BCAAs per serving and astaxanthin content.
We daresay its electrolyte content is irrelevant.
Nonetheless, a BCAA supplement which has tremendous BCAA content and increased antioxidant protection is a winner.
However, Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter’s filler content (sucralose & FD&C Red No. 40) pull its value down.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Sodium (as chloride), 40 mg: Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter is not a significant source of sodium at just two percent of the daily value. The good news: it’s safe to consume for individuals who are monitoring their sodium intake.
- Potassium (as gluconate and naturally from coconut water powder), 74 mg: This supplement is not a significant source of potassium at a paltry two percent of the daily value. Some coconut water drinks have much more potassium content than this one.
- Calcium citrate, 13 mg: Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter is not a significant source of calcium citrate at less than one percent of the daily value.
- Magnesium citrate, 9 mg: It’s also not a significant source of magnesium citrate at less than one percent of the daily value.
- InstAminos l-leucine (fermented), 3 g: The most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis, preserve muscle mass, and boost fat loss.
- InstAminos l-isoleucine (fermented), 1.5 g: A BCAA which helps increase energy levels, shorten recovery time, promote healthy blood sugar levels, regulate blood clot formation, and repair muscle tissue.
- InstAminos l-valine (fermented), 1.5 g: A BCAA which helps ramp up endurance, repair muscle tissue, increase muscle growth, suppress appetite, improve mental function, and regulate the nervous system.
- AstaPure astaxanthin, 3 mg: A carotenoid pigment and antioxidant which helps keep inflammation at bay, lower oxidative stress, and improve skin, brain, eye, and heart health.
Electrolyte-Hydration Matrix, 636 mg
- Coconut water powder: A rich source of electrolytes (especially potassium) which helps promote healthy blood pressure levels, boost weight loss, increase athletic performance and energy levels, regulate cholesterol levels, and keep muscle tension at bay.
- Potassium: A mineral which helps regulate the immune system, ward off muscle cramps, maintain optimal fluid balance, regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and maintain muscle and nerve function.
- Sodium: Helps maintain good heart and kidney health, regulate fluid levels in the body and glucose absorption, and improve brain development.
- Calcium citrate: Helps maintain bone density and development.
- Magnesium citrate: Helps increase energy levels and lower stress levels.
We can sum up Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter’s main strengths in a few words: optimal vegan- and vegetarian-friendly BCAAs and astaxanthin content.
It’s rare to come across a BCAA supplement with those strengths.
Like we said, this product’s six grams of BCAAs per serving on a 2:1:1 ratio is more than your average BCAA product.
On that note, you’re sure to reap the full benefits of BCAAs (increased muscle mass, fat loss, and endurance, among other things).
If you’re a vegan or vegetarian, these also apply to you.
It bears repeating: Top Secret Nutrition’s astaxanthin component is powerful.
Don’t underestimate this one, folks – it’s rare for a BCAA supplement to have astaxanthin.
We’re confident it will help increase your antioxidant protection, lower oxidative stress, and improve your skin, eye, hair, and brain health.
Despite its strengths, it’s obvious Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter was not a perfect product from the get-go.
You can start with the Electrolyte-Hydration Matrix proprietary blend – the company fails to list the individual ingredient amounts.
Plus, the electrolyte content is sub-standard, to say the least (each of the electrolytes have a maximum daily value of just two percent).
We already said some coconut water drinks have much more potassium content (at least 10 percent of the daily value) than Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter.
Another glaring flaw is the filler content – this supplement has sucralose and FD&C Red No. 40, which both have several side effects.
Finally, this product doesn’t enjoy the sterling reputation of other leading BCAA supplements.
All in all, Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter’s pros still outweigh its conts (albeit barely).
To sum things up, this BCAA supplement has good potential, but there are plenty of better ones on the market.
Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter Benefits
Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Boosts muscle growth, endurance, and recovery
- Improves performance
- Wards off fatigue
- Ramps up fat oxidation
We agree with all of these claims. While it’s not a perfect product, Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter still has good potential.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended Top Secret BCAA Re-Igniter for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase muscle mass, improve athletic performance, ramp up endurance, shorten recovery time, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter has sucralose, an artificial sweetener which has several side effects.
It also has FD&C Red No. 40, an artificial food coloring which has its own set of side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter Summary
- Six grams of BCAAs per serving. High for a BCAA supplement.
- 2:1:1 BCAA ratio. Two servings of leucine for every serving of isoleucine and valine.
- Vegan BCAAs. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Astaxanthin content. Powerful antioxidant is a rare BCAA component.
- Consumer ratings. Customers have given it high marks online.
- Sub-par electrolyte content. Not as potent as other BCAA products’.
- Electrolyte-Hydration Matrix. Shady proprietary blend. Boo.
- Fillers. Has sucralose and FD&C Red No. 40.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 280-Gram Container (30-Day Supply): $32.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter
Customers laud Top Secret Nutrition BCAA’s superior BCAA and astaxanthin content.
We do, too.
However, there’s more to it than just those – its filler content, proprietary blend, and sub-par electrolyte content pull its value down.
We suggest you try Top Secret Nutrition BCAA Re-Igniter. While it’s not a bad BCAA supplement, there are heaps of other cleaner products out on the market.