Have you ever wondered what it’s like to live in the Golden Era of Bodybuilding?
Well, taking PEScience SELECT Protein will give you an idea of what it was like when guys like Arnold, Serge Nubret, and Frank Zane dominated headlines.
Three words, folks: Milk protein isolate.
This product’s primary ingredient boasts of a combination of whey and casein protein which ought to give you great, long-term results.
This should be one heck of a review.
About PEScience SELECT Protein
The manufacturer says PEScience SELECT Protein has the precise whey and casein ratio which will give you the edge over taking a whey protein supplement.
- Twenty-four grams of milk protein isolate. Combines the power of whey and casein protein.
- Has WPC-80.. Highest-quality whey protein concentrate on the market.
- Absolutely delicious. Comes in six flavors: Amazing Blondie, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, Cookies N’ Cream, Frosted Chocolate Cupcake, Gourmet Vanilla, and Snickerdoodle.
PEScience SELECT Protein Supplement Facts (Cookies N’ Cream, 55 Servings 1)
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (32 g)
Servings Per Container: 55
|Amount Per Serving / % Daily Value *|
|Calories From Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5 g 2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g 0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||45 mg 15%|
|Sodium||210 mg 9%|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g <1%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g 2%|
|Protein||24 g 48%|
Ingredients: Ultra Premium Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, [comprised of casein protein, and whey protein], Whey Protein Concentrate 80%, Leucine Peptides), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sodium Chloride, Ground Vanilla Beans, Guar Gum, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium
Directions For Select Protein: Mix one scoop of SELECT PROTEIN™ with 6-8 oz. of cold water. Amount of water can be adjusted to meet your individual taste preference. To increase your protein intake per serving or to achieve a richer taste, use non-fat or low fat milk.
Putting Milk Protein Isolate – the King of Proteins – in the Spotlight
Let’s be frank here – most of today’s protein supplements focus on whey protein.
Why shouldn’t they? It’s considered the most complete form of protein. It’s high in branch chained-amino acids. Whey also helps boost the immune system and ward off cancer. Plus, your muscles absorb it more rapidly than other protein sources.
For most of us, whey protein is king (one whey product worth noting is MyProtein Impact Whey Protein, one of the industry leaders).
Try telling that to PEScience.
This supplement manufacturing company defies the norm. Instead of conceding the lucartive title of “King of Proteins” to whey, it gives that lofty recognition to milk protein instead.
Think about that for a minute. How many companies hail milk protein as the king of this macronutrient?
Not too many, we can tell you that right now.
The manufacturer’s official website says milk protein is comprised of 80 percent casein and 20 percent whey.
It even dubs milk protein as “the single-best protein source money can buy” due to PEScience Select Protein’s 80/20 casein-whey combo loaded with synergistic factors.
The manufacturer cites Lyle McDonald’s The Protein Book, which says consuming a combination of fast- and slow-acting protein after a hard workout produces superior results than chugging on whey protein alone.
According to McDonald, this fast- and slow-acting protein combo should positively affect “both protein synthesis and breakdown,” per PEScience’s official website.
The manufacturer doesn’t believe in just any type of whey protein to be a part of its potent milk protein isolate ingredient – it has to be whey protein concentrate (WPC) or bust.
WPC is the less pure form of whey compared to its whey protein isolate (WPI) counterpart. The company pointed out WPC is comprised of 34 to 80 percent protein. With that, it uses WPC-80 – the highest-quality WPC on the market – as the whey protein component of PEScience SELECT Protein.
Why is that?
WPC-80 contains intact growth factors, per PEScience. These are the ones which can give you the most impressive kind of lean muscle growth.
The manufacturer even says consumers are “short-changing” themselves if they take regular whey instead of a protein blend comprised of whey and casein.
The company even points out the 2005 International Conference of Whey – a whey protein conference, no less – conceded whey and protein is the better solution in terms of putting on lean muscle mass.
PEScience makes a valid point – by consuming whey immediately after a hard workout, you replenish your muscles within the first half hour. The casein then helps you remain in an anabolic state for the next seven hours or so. Guys like Dr. Jim Stoppani – one of the company’s competitors – are also staunch advocates of protein blends.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat 1.5 g: At just two percent the daily value for fats, PEScience SELECT Protein is an attractive low-fat option for individuals who want to build lean muscle mass.
- Cholesterol, 45 mg: The first red flag we spotted. This product has 15 percent the daily value for cholesterol, so we advise those with cardiovascular issues to talk things over with their doctor before purchasing.
- Sodium, 210 mg: If you are conscious about your sodium intake, make sure to purchase a supplement whose sodium level is five percent the daily value or lower. At nine percent the daily value, PEScience SELECT Protein has a tad bit too much salt. Individuals with cardiovascular concerns should seek their physician’s advice.
- Total carbohydrate, 1 g: Pretty impressive, considering PEScience uses ultra-pure WPC-80, the highest quality whey protein concentrate on the market. Bear in mind WPC has more fats than its WPI counterpart. For the company to whittle it down to just one percent per serving is impressive. Sugar content is also low at one gram per scoop.
PEScience SELECT Protein breaks free from the norm in the protein supplement industry. By using milk protein isolate as its primary ingredient, the company is making a loud statement – a combination of casein and whey protein in their original proportions is the only way to go.
Who could argue with that?
Give it some thought: The bodybuilders of the Golden Era supplemented with milk. Protein supplements were not the norm back then. Those guys had to improvise. Look at Arnold Schwarzenegger: He said he relied on a mixture of milk, eggs, and honey to make his protein shakes in between meals.
The rest is history, folks.
We’re absolutely confident PEScience SELECT Protein can give you the results the bodybuilders of the Golden Era achieved.
You get 24 grams of milk protein isolate and ultra-pure WPC-80 (which has more nutrients than WPI) which feed your muscles day in and day out. PEScience SELECT Protein also tastes delicious. Impressive.
This product is also low in fats and carbohydrates, which make it ideal for building lean muscle mass. Since this is milk protein isolate we’re talking about, it comes as no surprise it is an excellent source of calcium at 28 percent the daily value.
All in all, we like the transparency and combination of ingredients. There are no proprietary blends, either. Just about the only issues are the relatively high sodium and cholesterol content. Please take the necessary precautions if you have any related medical condition.
PEScience SELECT ProteinBenefits
The manufacturer enumerates the benefits of PEScience SELECT Protein on its official website:
- Premium blend of whey and casein protein
- Milk protein isolate as the primary ingredient
- Inclusion of ultra-pure WPC-80
Taking everything into consideration, PEScience SELECT Protein is an awesome milk protein supplement which takes you back to the Golden Era of Bodybuilding.
Who Takes It?
PEScience SELECT Protein is meant of healthy and active individuals over the age of 18 who want to build lean muscle mass, boost their recovery, and meet their daily protein requirements.
Any Side Effects?
PEScience SELECT Protein has no glaring side effects. However, due to the relatively high cholesterol and sodium content, we advise individuals who have cardiovascular issues to consult their doctor before purchasing this product.
This product also contains whey protein concentrate, which has lactose content. People who are lactose intolerant should steer clear. They are better off getting a whey protein isolate supplement such as PROGENEX Recovery instead.
Finally, the manufacturer cuts to the chase on the product’s warning label:
PEScience SELECT Summary
- Ultra premium protein blend. Twenty-four grams per scoop.
- Milk protein isolate as primary ingredient. Combines the power of whey and casein protein.
- Ultra-pure WPC 80. Highest-quality whey protein concentrate on the market.
- Low-carb and low-fat. Ideal supplement for building lean muscle mass.
- Great calcium source. Twenty-eight percent the daily value.
- Delicious taste. One of the tastiest protein supplements of all time.
- Somewhat high cholesterol and sodium content. Check with your doctor if these concern you.
- Expensive. $70.99 for a 55-serving (3.88-lb. container)
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 seven-serving container (Seven-Day Supply): $12.75
- 1 27-Serving (1.9-lb.) container (26-Day Supply): $42.75
- 1 55-Serving (3.88-lb.) container (55-Day Supply): $70.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on PEScience SELECT Protein
Here’s the key takeaway, folks: PEScience SELECT Protein takes you back to the Golden Era of Bodybuilding with its superior milk protein isolate content.
Only a few supplements nowadays focus the spotlight on milk protein isolate as the primary ingredient. PEScience did it its way, and guess what? Its vaunted whey and casein combo works. Trust us.
Not only does PEScience SELECT Protein help you build lean muscle mass, it also makes your taste buds happy – it’s one of the best-tasting protein supplements of all time. We mean it.
Quit stalling and start buying.
- 88 lbs. ↩