Fear not. PROGENEX® Recovery is here.
This is one of the few protein supplements in the market which emphasizes fast absorption of nutrients for efficient recovery. PROGENEX® believes better recovery translates to achievement of fitness goals. The company promises you’ll hit it hard again and again with their product.
Interesting, to say the least.
About PROGENEX® Recovery
The manufacturer says PROGENEX® Recovery will allow you to “reset your ‘GO’ signal and recover strong.” It also “helps your muscles recover so that you can hit it hard again. And Again. And again. Overcome fatigue and restore performance with just one serving.” Formula notes:
- Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate content. Fastest-absorbing protein in the market.
- Low-fat and low-cholesterol. Typical of whey protein isolate supplements.
- Expensive. As much as $64.95 for a 30-serving bag.
PROGENEX® Recovery Supplement Facts (Chocolate, 30 servings)
Serving Size: 2 level scoops (37g)
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
|Calories 130||Calories From Fat 10|
|% daily value *|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Cholesterol Less than 5mg|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Vitamin A 0% *||Vitamin C 0%|
|Calcium 15% *||Iron 10%|
Ingredients: Promorphogen™ (Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate), Natural Cocoa Powder, Fructose, Natural Flavors, Sucralose, Contains: milk and soy ingredients
Directions: Immediately after training, mix two (2) scoops of PROGENEX Recovery with 12 oz. of water. Shake until blended. Enjoy.
PROGENEX® Recovery Allows You to Recover Stronger and Hit It Hard Again and Again
We’re sure you’ve always wanted to recover faster and stronger. That way, you can go all out in your next gym sessions.
Well, you’re in luck.
PROGENEX® Recovery fits the bill. It features 23 grams per serving of PROGENEX’s trademark Promorphogen™ protein, which the company dubs as “the highest quality whey protein isolate available.” It also “has been hydrolyzed through a proprietary enzymatic process.”
- The process shrinks the protein into tiny peptide sequences for quicker absorption, per the company’s official website. The company knows all too well fast replenishment after vigorous exercise is a must in the recovery process.
PROGENEX® also refers to a university clinical trial which claims subject-athletes who consumed hydrolyzed whey protein isolates recovered faster and stronger than fellow athletes who chugged on a regular whey protein shake.
Clearly, the manufacturer puts a premium on getting your hydrolyzed whey protein isolates in your system after a tough workout. It also claims Promorphogen™ can make you recover stronger. PROGENEX® takes recovery to the next level.
Some fitness experts claim non-hydrolyzed whey can take several hours to seep fully into the bloodstream. On the other hand, the hydrolyzed version takes only a few minutes. That’s the main advantage, folks.
The main downside? The dent on your wallet. Hydrolyzed whey protein is far more expensive than whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate supplements because of the cost of shrinking the protein into tiny peptide sequences. It’s no surprise 30 servings of PROGENEX® Recovery costs as much as $64.95 on its official website.
PROGENEX® Recovery comes in five delicious flavors:
- Belgian Chocolate – if it isn’t Swiss Chocolate, it’s Belgian Chocolate. Traditional chocoholics consider those as the best flavors. PROGENEX’s Belgian Chocolate version has gotten some mixed reviews from consumers, but it is pretty good overall. A bit thin in its consistency, so adding some milk may be an option.
- Peanut Butter Smash – far and away the best PROGENEX flavor. 9.5 stars out of 10.
- Loco Mocha – almost as good as the Peanut Butter Smash flavor, but not quite. Still, it’s a must try. You could get this as an alternative to the Peanut Butter Smash option.
- Strawberry Creme – probably the least favorite flavor among customers. It’s not bad, though. We’d give it 7.5 stars out of 10.
- Tropical Vanilla – has a rich, clean taste to it. Places third behind Peanut Butter Smash and Loco Mocha.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 1 g: Not surprised one bit, since whey protein isolate supplements have a lower fat content than their whey protein concentrate counterparts.
- Cholesterol, less than 5 mg: We’re not downplaying the important role of cholesterol in our bodies (especially the good kind for the cardiovascular system). However, a supplement which has this much cholesterol is awesome in its own right.
- Sodium, 310 mg: The first red flag we’ve come across. We’ve always emphasized the importance of sodium in the recovery process (especially in the prevention of muscle cramping), but this may be a bit too much for those with cardiovascular issues. More sodium may also mean excess water retention, which may result in a bloated look.
- Total carbohydrate, 8 g: It kind of makes you wonder why PROGENEX® Recovery would have this much carbs considering it is a whey protein isolate supplement (which has lesser carb content than whey protein concentrate). It’s pretty obvious it’s because of the sugar content (five grams per serving, which is not high by any stretch) consisting of fructose, natural flavors, and sucralose. You can also attribute the carb content to the dietary fiber component (two grams per serving), which ought to help absorb the protein more efficiently.
PROGENEX® Recovery’s Promorphogen™ component – the company’s trademark hydrolyzed whey protein isolate – ensures rapid-fire nourishment of muscles after a hard workout. Twenty-three grams of fast-acting protein per serving should get the job done.
Will PROGENEX® Recovery allow the consumer to recover faster and stronger? Absolutely. By kickstarting the recovery process as soon as the workout ends, the individual will be fresh as a daisy for the next session.
That is, if he or she supplements smartly and also pays attention to the other intangibles such as sound nutrition and enough sleep. Taking your supplements can only take you so far. Smart fitness enthusiasts look at the bigger picture.
Plus, a lot of customers swear by the results of PROGENEX® Recovery. It may be a tad bit expensive, but it gets the job done.
While PROGENEX® Recovery is an attractive low-fat and low-cholesterol option, the sodium content (310 mg per serving for the Chocolate flavor), may raise some eyebrows. It’s always best to ask for your doctor’s advice if you are watching your sodium intake or if you have any cardiovascular issues.
On the other hand, this product has eight grams of carbs per serving. If you ask us, it’s a bit unusual because whey protein isolate supplements (especially hydrolyzed whey protein isolates) have lower carb content than whey protein concentrates. Eight grams of carbs per serving is the kind of amount you see in a WPC product.
Like we said, this is due to PROGENEX® Recovery’s sugar and fiber content. Needless to say, the manufacturer not only wants you, the consumer, to recover faster and stronger – it also wants to please your taste buds to no end.
It seems to us the company has succeeded. All of the flavors are very good. You can ask anybody who has tried PROGENEX® Recovery.
As far as the sugar components are concerned, some fitness experts have given fructose a lot of flak because it turns free fatty acids into triglycerides (too much of which can be detrimental to cardiovascular health). However, some pro-fructose parties have come to its defense.
If you ask us, it’s all about moderation. By doing your research, following the instructions on the supplement’s label, eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep, you can’t go wrong (for a comprehensive guide on how to purchase supplements, check this out).
Finally, we salute the manufacturer for its transparency. PROGENEX® Recovery has no fillers and proprietary blends. Awesome.
PROGENEX® Recovery Benefits
According to the product’s official website, “PROGENEX® is the fastest-absorbing whey protein hydrolysate on the market, which allows your muscles to recover to their baseline strength within hours, not days. PROGENEX® helps you train harder and more frequently, which translates into better performance, more strength, more lean muscle, and less fat.”
We agree wholeheartedly. Hydrolyzed whey protein isolates are the key to immediate recovery after a tough session at the gym. Faster recovery translates to more efficient training, which, in turn, results in you achieving your fitness goals.
Makes perfect sense, doesn’t it?
Who Takes It?
PROGENEX® Recovery is intended for athletes and active individuals who want to speed up their post-workout recovery so they can achieve their fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
We advise consumers who have cardiovascular issues to consult their physician prior to purchasing. PROGENEX® Recovery has a relatively high sodium content. Sodium has many recovery benefits, but an excess amount may be detrimental to those who have cardiovascular concerns.
This product also has milk and soy ingredients. Those who are allergic to milk products should seek their doctor’s advice.
PROGENEX® Recovery Summary
- Promorphogen™ protein. PROGENEX’s tradmark hydrolyzed whey protein isolate blend.
- Rapid-fire absorption. For faster recovery and achievement of fitness goals.
- Low-fat and Low-cholesterol. That says it all.
- Somewhat high sodium content. May be of concern to those with cardiovascular issues.
- Expensive. As much as $64.95 for a 30-serving bag.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 30-Day Serving (30-Day Supply): $59.95-$64.95
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on PROGENEX® Recovery
PROGENEX® Recovery is one of the few protein supplements which puts a premium on fast absorption for more efficient recovery. The manufacturer’s mantra is “Hit it hard again. And again.” We’re confident you’ll make it yours, too, once you make it a part of your supplement stack.
No proprietary blends + No fillers + Quality hydrolyzed whey protein isolate = steep price. Hey, you pay for quality, right? With PROGENEX® Recovery, you’ll get what you pay for.