If you’re tired of looking for a post-workout supplement which presents a winning proposition, don’t fret.
We stumbled upon Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout.
Yes, it’s not a big-name post-workout by any stretch, but it has the potential to become one.
This review will help clue you in.
About Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout
Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout “is the baseline recovery supplement that anyone needs to strive in sports performance, whether you run a mile or a full marathon,” per the manufacturer’s official website. Formula notes:
- 2.5 grams of glutamine per serving. Most abundant and versatile amino acid.
- One gram of citrulline malate per serving. Amino acid compound which helps improve blood flow and increase nitric oxide levels.
- Bonus ingredients. Impressive sources of Vitamins B6 and C.
Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout Supplement Facts (Fruit Punch, 225 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (7.5 g)|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||1%†|
|Vitamin C||14 mg||23%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||0.64 mg||32%|
|Sodium (from Sodium Chloride and Sodium Citrate)||237 mg||10%|
|Potassium (as Potassium Chloride)||253 mg||7%|
|Electrolyte Blend||1.17 g||††|
|Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate|
|L-Citrulline Malate||1 g||††|
Add 1-2 Scoops of PR2 into a shaker and adjust water to taste.
Shake until blended.
3. DRINK UP
Drink within 30 minutes after your workout.
The Baseline Recovery Supplement
Take our word for it, folks: the simpler the ingredients a bodybuilding supplement has, the better.
Could we say the same thing for Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout?
Our first impression: it’s a simple and effective post-workout coming from an unheralded source.
“We created the baseline recovery supplement that anyone needs to strive in sports performance, whether you run a mile or a full marathon,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
We like that. If a post-workout can give you good results on that premise for a long time, it should be worth sticking to.
The star of the show in Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout is 2.5 grams of glutamine per serving.
If you’ve read most of our post-workout reviews, you’ll notice glutamine is an ingredient in a majority of the products.
We’re not surprised.
Glutamine – the most abundant amino acid – is known for its versatility: it helps preserve muscle mass, increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels, restore a positive nitrogen balance, and boost the digestive and immune systems.
Who wouldn’t want those awesome post-workout benefits?
When you take your protein shake after a hard workout, you also want to preserve your hard-earned muscle mass.
Sure, casein protein can do that for you.
However, glutamine can also do that for you and then some.
On that note, we’d choose glutamine over casein any time of day. We believe 2.5 grams per serving in Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout will help you fully reap the former’s benefits.
Next up are 1.17 grams of electrolytes per serving.
Just so you know, electrolytes are chemicals which turn into ions in bodily fluids. You need enough electrolytes after training to make sure your body’s various functions remain optimal.
Otherwise, muscle cramping is inevitable. You sure don’t want that to happen, do you?
Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout’s electrolyte arsenal includes potassium chloride, sodium chloride, and sodium citrate.
Potassium and sodium and the most common post-workout electrolytes. The former helps control skeletal and cardiac muscles. It also helps regulate healthy blood pressure levels.
On the other hand, sodium has several important health benefits:
- Helps maintain fluid balance
- Helps transmit nerve impulses
- Plays a key role in muscle relaxation and contraction
Make sure to check with your physician first if you are on a low-salt diet – too much may raise your blood pressure levels.
Checking the label of Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout, we discovered it has 10 percent of the daily value for sodium. Nothing over the top here, but those who are on a low-salt diet are better off aiming for five percent or less.
All in all, we say this product’s electrolyte blend will help increase your endurance and shorten your recovery time.
Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout also has one gram of citrulline malate per serving.
Although citrulline malate has gained sufficient traction as a post-workout ingredient, it’s not in the same league as creatine, glutamine, or BCAAs.
Nonetheless, citrulline malate can help you achieve your post-workout goals, folks.
It is an amino acid compound which helps reduce fatigue, increase l-arginine production and nitric oxide synthesis, improve blood flow and muscular function .
Long story short, citrulline malate helps produce more l-arginine, an amino acid which is a nitric oxide precusor.
Ergo, citrulline malate is a precursor of nitric oxide.
Nitric oxide happens to be another amino acid compound which is known for its ability to dilate blood vessels, resulting in better nutrient absorption and awesome muscular pumps.
You’d be insane to pass up on these tremendous post-workout benefits.
We’re just glad it’s in Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout.
Finally, this supplement has one gram of branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) per serving.
Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout features a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio (500 grams of leucine and 250 grams each of isoleucine and valine).
We said it before and we’ll say it again, folks: when it comes to facilitating muscle protein synthesis, increasing endurance, restoring a positive nitrogen balance, and repairing muscle tissue, this ratio will suffice.
We’d like to stress two points here.
First, it’s not the highest BCAA ratio among post-workouts (the aforementioned iForce Nutrition Finish Line has a more impressive 4:1:1 ratio).
Second, we like the 2:1:1 ratio, but the individual amount of each BCAA is minuscule compared to other post-workout supplements.
Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout has only 500 grams of leucine – the most anabolic amino acid – per serving.
A majority of post-workouts have at least one gram of leucine per serving. On that note, this supplement is not your No. 1 option in terms of building post-workout muscle.
If you insist on taking it, you may have to up your nutritional intake or chug on a separate post-workout shake.
That’s how invaluable leucine is. Without it, you can kiss your muscle-building aspirations goodbye.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total carbohydrate, 2 g: Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout is a safe bet for those who are on a low-carb diet – it has a measly one percent of the daily value for carbs. All good .
- Sugar, 0 g: This product has no sugar whatsoever.
- Vitamin C, 14 mg: According to Youwiin Sports Nutrition’s official website, Vitamin C “can help protect the immune system and help bodybuilders recover from intense training.” Plus, ascorbic acid (another name for Vitamin C) helps ward off nasty free radicals. At 23 percent of the daily value for Vitamin C, this product is a solid source.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl), 0.64 mg: Folks, better not overlook Vitamin B6. If you don’t have enough, your muscles won’t be able to mobilize their glycogen reserves during exercise effectively. Vitamin B6 also aids in the muscle protein synthesis and muscle tissue regeneration processes, per the company’s official website. Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout is an impressive source of Vitamin B6 at 32 percent of the daily value.
- Sodium, 237 mg: We’ve already told you what sodium can do for you, post-exercise-wise. At 10 percent of the daily value, Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout’s sodium content isn’t excessive by any means. However, it would be better for those monitoring their sodium intake to limit themselves to five percent or fewer.
- Potassium, 254 mg: This supplement has seven percent of the daily value for potassium, which is just about right.
- L-glutamine, 2.5 g: The star of the show and main ingredient of Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout. This amino acid can “boost growth hormone levels, enhance glycogen storage, and hydrate muscle cells,” per the manufacturer’s official website. Can somebody say “versatile?”
- Electrolyte Blend, 1.17 g: This product’s Electrolyte Blend consists of potassium chloride, sodium chloride, and sodium citrate. Herein lies the rub, folks: the manufacturer itself confesses it’s a proprietary blend on its official website. Proprietary blends are nothing more than a deceiving marketing tactic. Thanks for warning us.
- L-citrulline malate, 1 g: “The primary role of l-citrulline in the body is to support the optimization of blood flow to the tissues, which is critical for helping you not only perform your workouts to the best of your abilities, but also to speed up recovery,” per Youwiin Sports Nutrition’s official website. We believe that just about sums everything up.
- L-leucine, 500 mg: The most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis is in short supply in Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout – it could have been at least one gram per serving to really help increase muscle mass.
- L-isoleucine, 250 mg: The BCAA which helps boost post-workout muscle recovery and maintain the body’s positive protein and nitrogen balances.
- L-valine, 250 mg: The BCAA which helps regulate the immune system, repair muscle tissue, and increase endurance.
Like we said, Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout’s formula is simple and unheralded.
Is it effective?
Yes, we think so.
We say this because the ingredients – l-glutamine, electrolytes, l-citrulline malate, and BCAAs – are all time-tested post-workout ingredients. They are guaranteed to give you the best possible results.
You can’t go wrong with 2.5 grams of l-glutamine per serving. As far as post-workout ingredients are concerned, it is legendary in stature.
Try disputing its muscle-preserving, immune-system-boosting, and HGH-boosting abilities, if you dare.
We like the inclusion of one gram of l-citrulline malate per serving because of its abilities to improve blood flow, reduce fatigue, and increase nitric oxide levels.
If l-citrulline malate is not on the same pedestal as creatine and glutamine, its time may come very soon. That’s how promising a post-workout ingredient it is.
As impressive as the inclusions of the Electrolyte Blend and BCAAs are, we have a few apprehensions.
Like we said, the manufacturer admitted the Electrolyte Blend is proprietary on its official website.
As a refresher, proprietary blends disclose the amount of the entire blend but not the individual components.
It’s fancy yet deceiving.
And yet, the company reveals the amounts of sodium (237 milligrams per serving) and potassium (253 milligrams per serving). Now they say the Electrolyte Blend is proprietary?
Confusing, to say the least.
Please stop doing this to your consumers. You will lose them fast before you know it.
On the other hand, BCAAs are a staple post-workout ingredient because of their many benefits (muscle tissue repair, protein synthesis, etc.).
However, Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout’s amounts – especially leucine’s (500 milligrams per serving) – are minuscule.
If you want to muscle up, this may not be the product for you. However, it can still give you impressive results.
Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout Benefits
Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout “will make your muscles better absorb the workout, maximize its results, reduce the soreness of an intense training, and will get you ready for your next challenge in no time,” per its official website.
We agree. With Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout’s time-tested ingredients, you can achieve all of these and more.
Who Takes It?
Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years old and who want to increase endurance, enhance recovery, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
We are happy to report Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout has no glaring side effects. However, if any of the ingredients make you feel doubtful, please do not hesitate to consult your physician before purchasing.
Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout Summary
- Low-carb. Has a measly one percent of the daily value for carbs.
- No sugar. Zero. Zilch. None whatsoever.
- 2.5 grams of glutamine per serving. Most abundant and versatile amino acid.
- One gram of citrulline malate per serving. Helps improve blood flow, reduce fatigue, and increase nitric oxide levels.
- Bonus ingredients. Impressive source of Vitamins C and B6.
- No dirty ingredients. Says it all, folks.
- Affordable. Currently on sale at $24.95 on manufacturer’s official website.
- Proprietary Electrolyte Blend. Manufacturer admits this on its official website. Boo.
- Mediocre BCAA amounts. Lags behind competitors, especially leucine.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 225-gram Container (30-Day Supply): $24.95
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout
We share the same sentiment with many consumers: you can’t lose with Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout.
Think about it: you have most of the essential post-workout ingredients such as glutamine, BCAAs, and l-citrulline malate at your disposal.
Yes, it has a few flaws (proprietary Electrolyte Blend and mediocre BCAA amounts). However, the pros far outweigh the cons.
Our take: buy Youwiin Sports Nutrition PR2 Post-Workout. It may become a permanent fixture on your supplement stack before you know it.