Hey, how about trying a post-workout supplement version of the Mediterranean Diet?
If that’s what you want, we believe we found it in Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar.
This product is teeming with natural ingredients. Organic freeze-dried coconut water – which has a ton of electrolytes – is the star of the show.
Buckle up and enjoy the review, folks.
About Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar
Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar is a “unique blend of organic plant-based ingredients are formulated to help maximize recovery, decrease soreness, and recharge your body,” per the manufacturer’s official website. Formula notes:
- Organic, plant-based ingredients. All-natural all the time.
- Versatile components. Tapioca, spirulina, chia seed, and goji berry, among others.
- Expensive. $59.99 for a 259-gram container.
Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar Supplement Facts (259 g)
|Serving Size: 12.95 g (Approx. 1 Scoop)
Servings Per Container: 20
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||5|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g||3%*|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||8%*|
|Organic Repair and Rehydrate
Organic Freeze Dried Coconut Water Powder, Organic Hemp Protein Powder, Organic Tapioca
|Organic Superfood Boost
Organic Spirulina Powder, Organic Chia Seed Powder, Organic Maca Root Powder, Organic Lycium (Goji) Berry Powder
|Organic Joint and Immune Support
Organic Sour Cherry Fruit Powder, Organic Devil’s Claw Root Powder, Organic Maitake Mushroom Powder
|Organic Stevia Leaf Powder||140 mg||†|
|Contains: Tree nuts (Coconut).|
|Directions: Mix one scoop with 12-16 oz. of cold water. For best results, use in a shaker bottle with ice. Consume within 20 minutes after completing your workout. Advanced users may choose to consume two servings post-workout. For more protein, combine with Natural Force Organic Whey™.|
The Complete Plant-Based Recovery Supplement
Have you ever tried a plant-based bodybuilding supplement?
If you haven’t, we suggest you give the likes of Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator and Vega Sport Performance Protein.
We gave both products high grades. We’re sure they will give you a fast return on your investment.
Come to think of it, Vega Sport is one of the few manufacturers known for its plant-based supplements.
On that note, we’re wondering if Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar can make some noise in the post-workout category.
You’ve heard it many times before: eat your vegetables. When it comes to nutrition, you have to go green for more health benefits.
To the surprise of many, plant-based supplements can give you great results as much as non-plant-based ones do.
For its part, Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar “is a USDA organic post-workout clean recover drink that features organic ingredients, superfoods, and hemp protein to reduce soreness,” per its official website.
Among its aims are to “maximize recovery, reduce soreness, and recharge your body,” per the same source.
The company also claims no other post-workout can give you a cleaner way of replenishing after a hard workout.
Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar “will help you feel completely refreshed and revitalized,” the manufacturer goes on to say.
A clean, plant-based supplement which will give you the maximum post-workout benefits?
It sounds too good to be true, folks.
The star of the show here is organic freeze-dried coconut water, which is part of the product’s Organic Repair and Rehydrate Blend (nine grams per serving).
To start things off, the manufacturer says coconut water – one of the most popular post-workout ingredients – is different from coconut milk.
The former “is the liquid inside a young, green coconut before it matures,” per Natural Force’s official website.
Coconut water’s important post-workout benefits lie in its five different electrolytes – sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus.
Vigorous exercise depletes electrolyte levels in your body. They are vital for a variety of functions. Without them, your body will be out of whack for sure.
Coconut water to the rescue.
How valuable is coconut water? The manufacturer’s official website says it’s been in use since World War II, when medical saline was not around.
Coconut water has been saving lives for years. Natural force says it’s “hands down the best natural sports hydration and recovery drink that Mother Nature has to offer!”
We agree 100 percent. Ditch the sports drinks (which could be laced with those nasty artificial food colorings) and chug on coconut water after that morning run or marathon instead.
According to Dr. Chhandashri Bhattacharya of The American Chemistry Society, “Coconut water is a natural sports drink that has everything your average sports drink has and more. It has five times more potassium than Gatorade or Powerade.
“Whenever you get cramps in your muscles, potassium will help you to get rid of the cramps. It’s a healthy drink that replenishes the nutrients that your body has lost during a moderate workout.”
Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar’s Organic Repair and Rehydrate Blend also has organic hemp protein powder (no precise amount since the aforementioned blend is proprietary. Boo.)
This ingredient “is a plant-based, highly-digestible source of protein for the body with no possibility of an allergic reaction,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
Allergen-free? We like that.
Plus, did you know hemp protein powder has 20 amino acids (histidine, leucine, isoleucine, valine, methionine, phenylalanine, and threonine, for instance)? One serving yields roughly 12 grams of protein.
Most post-workout supplements include the three branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) leucine, isoleucine, and valine. These BCAAs are found naturally in Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar’s hemp protein powder component.
Hemp protein also has the following benefits:
- Helps boost cardiovascular health
- Helps cleanse the colon
- Amps up the immune system
- Reduces cravings for sugar
The third and final ingredient of the Organic Repair and Rehydrate Blend is organic tapioca, a cassava plant extract.
Tapioca helps improve digestion, increase energy levels, boost cardiovascular health, regulate healthy blood pressure levels, improve blood circulation, and develop bones and muscles.
We’re glad it’s in Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar.
This product’s Organic Superfood Boost is comprised of 3.01 grams of organic spirulina powder, organic chia seed powder, organic maca root powder, and organic lycium (goji) berry powder per serving.
Spirulina is a natural algae powder and impressive source of protein, iron, antioxidants, and B-vitamins.
If you need iron, spirulina is the way to go, folks. In fact, it’s arguably the best plant-based source of iron – an advantage for vegetarians and vegans.
Spirulina is also an awesome source of calcium, as it has 26 times more than than the amount in milk. Expect your milk, teeth, and blood pressure levels to benefit.
Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar is one of the rare post-workouts with chia seeds, which have a ton of antioxidants. They are also high in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein.
Fitness experts recommend adding chia seeds to your salads, smoothies, and the like for a superfood kick.
The good news: you get chia seeds’ benefits when you supplement with Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar.
Next up is maca root powder, which is rich in Vitamins, B, C, and E. However, its most impressive post-workout benefit is its ability to increase endurance.
On the other hand, this supplement’s organic goji berry component – which has been used as a form of Chinese medicine for two thousand years – helps increase energy levels and boost the immune system.
Plus, it’s also another impressive source of antioxidants.
Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar’s Organic Joint and Immune System Support Blend includes a combined 800 grams of organic sour cherry fruit powder, organic devil’s claw root powder, and organic maitake mushroom powder per serving.
Cherry, that delicious fruit which is found on top of many sundaes, helps ward off free radicals.
In terms of post-workout benefits, it helps keep inflammation at bay, reduce discomfort, and improve sleep quality.
Maybe you should eat more cherries after a tough workout, shouldn’t you?
For its part, devil’s claw root powder is a good addition to any post-workout supplement – its benefits are similar to cherry except for the sleep quality part.
Now, we rarely come across a post-workout which has maitake mushroom. Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar happens to be one such product.
This ingredient helps boost the immune system and ward off free radicals.
Maitake mushrooms are also an excellent source of Vitamin D, which helps improve cardiovascular health.
Finally, Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar has 140 milligrams of organic stevia leaf powder per serving.
Stevia is a zero-calorie, plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
It’s such a relief this product has this. After going through a ton of post-workouts with nasty artificial sweeteners, Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar is a heaven sent.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 50: Most post-workouts have calories between the 10 and 120 range. Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar falls within that range – you get good post-workout benefits without the unwanted extra calories.
- Calories from fat, 5: This product’s calories from fat are minuscule at just five per serving. All good.
- Total carbohydrate, 9 g: Natural Force Organic Recovery is a low-carb supplement at just three percent of the daily value. It has decent – not great – fiber content at eight percent of the daily value. Sugar content is low (one percent of the daily value).
- Protein, 2 g: Despite the inclusion of hemp protein, Natural Force Organic Recovery is low in protein at just two grams per serving. Like the manufacturer said, you can mix it with a protein shake if you want to increase your post-workout protein intake.
- Calcium, 21 mg: With a measly 21 milligrams of calcium per serving, this product is not a significant source (just two percent of the daily value).
- Iron, 2 mg: Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar is a good – not outstanding source of iron at 11 percent of the daily value (to put things in perspective, anything more than 15 percent is considered high). Credit the inclusion of organic spirulina powder for the iron content.
- Sodium, 23 mg: This product is not a significant source of sodium – one of the most important post-workout electrolytes – at just one percent of the daily value. You need sodium to help prevent muscle cramping and the like. On the other hand, Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar is a safe bet for individuals who are monitoring their sodium intake and blood pressure levels.
Organic Repair and Rehydrate, 9 g
- Organic freeze-dried coconut water powder: The liquid inside young, green coconuts which has more electrolytes (particularly potassium) than several big-name sports drinks.
- Organic hemp protein powder: This plant-based protein yields around 12 grams of protein per serving. Other pluses: good digestion rate and zero allergies.
- Organic tapioca: A cassava plant extract with a ton of post-workout benefits (helps increase energy levels, regulate blood pressure levels, boost cardiovascular health and digestion).
Organic Superfood Boost, 3.01 g
- Organic spirulina powder: Arguably the best plant-based source of iron. This microalgae also has a ton of protein, calcium, vitamins, and minerals.
- Organic chia seed powder: The manufacturer describes chia seeds as a “vital energizing food source.” We won’t argue with that- it’s a tremendous source of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and antioxidants.
- Organic maca root powder: A rainforest herb which helps “increase endurance and strengthen the adrenal glands,” per Natural Force’s official website.
- Organic lycium (goji) berry powder: Goji berries are teeming with nutrients which help increase energy levels, boost the immune system, and ward off nasty free radicals.
Organic Joint and Immune System Support, 800 mg
- Organic sour cherry fruit powder: A fruit which originated from Europe and Southwest Asia which helps boost joint health and reduce gout.
- Organic devil’s claw root powder: Another key ingredient which supports joint health. It helps keep post-workout inflammation and discomfort at bay.
- Organic maitake mushroom powder: This Japanese and North American mushroom “helps the body adapt to stress and normalizes bodily functions,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
It sure seems to us the manufacturer wasn’t kidding when it said Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar is the “Complete Plant-Based Recovery Supplement.”
You’ve seen it. We’ve seen it. The ingredients speak for themselves.
We’ve seen other post-workouts include coconut water in their products. We’d like to see this trend continue.
Like we said, it has more electrolytes than your average sports drink. It has less sodium, too. What could be a more natural way of replenishing after a hard workout?
Good thing it’s in Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar.
On the other hand, hemp is a decent source of protein. However, if you want the same protein content a serving of whey protein gives you, you’ll be disappointed.
In fact, this product has a measly two grams of protein per serving. Hey, many post-workouts don’t have a lot of protein, either.
However, their other ingredients (creatine, leucine, BCAAs, etc.) make up for that. They will help you build muscle.
If you purchased Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar but want more protein, you’re better off supplementing with a separate protein product, like the manufacturer said.
On a different note, we’re stoked about the inclusions of tapioca, spirulina, chia seeds, and goji berry. Not only are they natural, they’re also versatile.
Your long-term health will benefit, believe us.
We also like the sour cherry fruit, devil’s claw root, and maitake mushroom combo for joint and immune system support – it’s a rare blend which should give you fantastic results.
Other pluses: this product is low in calories, carbs, and sugar. It’s also a decent source of iron.
We also laud the manufacturer for using organic stevia leaf powder as its sweetener – it helps regulate healthy blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
Unfortunately, the manufacturer uses proprietary blends as its selling points.
Notice it doesn’t divulge the exact amount of each ingredient. Instead, it reveals the amount of the entire blend.
We don’t like this at all, folks. Why deceive the consumer for the sake of fancy marketing?
Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar Benefits
Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar “is designed to address every aspect of post-exercise recovery. It will help you rehydrate, repair muscles, heal joints and the immune system, and provide a revitalizing boost of superfoods that your body needs to minimize recovery time,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
We agree with this claim. Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar has your post-workout needs covered the natural way.
Who Takes It?
Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar is intended for healthy and active individuals who want to boost recovery, increase endurance, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar has no glaring side effects. However, if any of the ingredients makes you feel doubtful, do not hesitate to consult your physician for a second opinion.
Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar Summary
- All-natural ingredients. Plant-based ingredients with a ton of health benefits.
- Versatile ingredients. Tapioca, spirulina, chia seeds, and goji berry.
- Has coconut water. Has more electrolytes than the average sports drink.
- Solid joint support ingredients. sour cherry fruit, devil’s claw root, and maitake mushroom.
- Good reputation. Has gotten good reviews from consumers.
- Proprietary blends. Deceiving marketing ploy. Boo.
- Taste. Some consumers aren’t big on its taste.
- Low in protein. Consume a separate protein supplement if you want to muscle up.
- Expensive. $59.99 for a 259-gram container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 259-gram Container (20-Day Supply): $59.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar
There’s no denying natural, plant-based ingredients are good for you.
In fact, Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar is like the supplement version of the Mediterranean Diet.
We believe this product will help you achieve your post-workout goals. No question about it.
However, its proprietary blends, taste, and price affect its overall impact.
Bottom line: we recommend you give Natural Force Organic Recovery Nectar a try with some reservation. If you don’t mind paying extra for quality ingredients, then good for you.
Leave a Reply