We dare you: try ditching your current post-workout for a plant-based one.
Yep. That’s right. We’re confident you can achieve your post-workout goals and boost your workouts with the unheralded Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator.
As the manufacturer’s name implies, this product relies on the power of plant-based ingredients to get the job done.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg of this awesome review.
Table of Contents
About Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator
Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator “features 23 plant-based ingredients” which help “restore energy after training to help support carbohydrate recovery,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Plant-based ingredients. More long-term health benefits.
- Has a ton of B vitamins. Enjoy better heart and digestive health as a result.
- Great reputation. Consumers have given it high ratings.
Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator Supplement Facts (Apple Berry, 538 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (0.96 oz.)
Servings Per Container: 20
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g||7%|
|Vitamin A (as vitamin A palmitate)||300 IU||6%|
|Thiamine (as thiamine hydrochloride)||330%|
|Niacin (as niacinamide)||5 mg||25%|
|Folate (As Folic Acid)||30 mcg||8%|
|Pantothenic acid (as calcium D-pantothenate)||5 mg||50%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium citrate)||20 mg||5%|
|Zinc (as zinc citrate)||5 mg||35%|
|Chloride (as sodium chloride)||154 mg||4%|
|Sodium (as sodium chloride)||150 mg||6%|
|Potassium (as potassium citrate)||400 mg||10%|
|Yellow Pea Protein||4,207 mg||†|
|Organic gelatinized maca root||1,500 mg||†|
|Glucosamine hydrochloride||750 mg||†|
|Sprouted whole grain brown rice protein||625 mg||†|
|Devil’s claw 5:1 extract (root)||180 mg||†|
|American ginseng (root)||100 mg||†|
|4% ginsenoside||4 mg||†|
|Astragalus (root)||100 mg||†|
|Turmeric (root)||53 mg||†|
|95% curcuminoids||50 mg||†|
|Cayenne (fruit)||25 mg||†|
|Other Ingredients: Whole grain brown rice sweetener, natural flavors, citric acid, Creatinol-O-Phosphate-Malic Acid, Red Beet Juice Powder, Stevia Extract|
|Directions For Sport Recovery Accelerator: (adults): Mix one scoop (0.96 oz.) of Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator* in 1.5 cups (12 fl. oz.) of cold water and drink immediately after exercise to enhance recovery process and reduce rest period between workouts.*|
Step on the Recovery Gas with a Plant-Based Post-Workout
Glutamine. Creatine. Betaine anhydrous. Beta-alanine. Waxy maize. BCAAs.
Those are just some of the staple ingredients you see in most bodybuilding post-workout supplements. These are what people look for whenever they want to shorten recovery time, increase muscle mass, and ward off post-workout discomfort.
How about going plant-based for a change?
Asking consumers to try a plant-based post-workout supplement is like telling them to try drinking vegetable juice in lieu of eating their regular meals.
It’s also like asking people to stop eating at Cracker Barrel and start eating the Mediterranean Diet instead.
It requires a massive paradigm shift.
After all, does a plant-based post-workout supplement work? Well, a regular plant-based protein supplement does – check out our Vega Sport Performance Protein review if you don’t believe us.
Enter Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator.
The manufacturer takes pride in its plant-based fitness and bodybuilding supplements. The company is one of the few players in the industry which believe greens are clean.
Maybe it’s about time you should, too.
According to the manufacturer’s official website, Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator “helps restore energy after training to support carbohydrate recovery.”
The company picks out 23 top-notch ingredients such as glucosamine, maca devil’s claw, l-arginine, and American ginseng to achieve this goal.
No creatine, BCAAs, and glutamine, mind you.
Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator has only four grams of protein per serving. That’s because the manufacturer emphasizes post-workout carbs (20 grams per serving).
This product’s main protein component is 4.207 grams of yellow pea protein per serving.
Don’t underestimate the power of pea protein, folks. One scoop can contain as much as 25 grams of protein.
Some fitness experts believe pea protein helps increase muscular thickness. They attribute this to its high l-arginine content. Awesome stuff.
Pea protein also has other important health benefits:
- Helps boost weight loss
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Helps protect the kidneys
- Regulates blood sugar levels
Coincidentally, Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator has 500 milligrams of l-arginine per serving.
Bear in mind this amino acid is a precursor of nitric oxide, which helps dilate blood vessels for more efficient nutrient distribution and lower blood pressure levels.
This supplement’s other protein component is 625 milligrams of sprouted whole-grain brown rice protein.
Okay, we know you’ll associate brown rice with carbs and whole grains, which is accurate.
However, brown rice protein can yield up to 20 grams of protein per 25-gram serving.
Who would’ve thought?
Not only that, brown rice protein can provide you with as much as 30 percent of the daily value for iron and 70 percent of the daily value for Vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
On the other hand, Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator also has 1.5 grams of organized gelatinized maca root per serving.
Just so you know, maca is a Peruvian root vegetable which is related to the potato family.
It has the complete post-workout arsenal: amino acids, carbs, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, and zinc. It also has Vitamins B, C, and E.
With that kind of nutritional profile, maca root will help you repair muscle tissue, increase muscle mass, and replenish depleted glycogen and electrolyte stores.
Our bold proclamation: maca root will be the next post-workout powerhouse ingredient.
Next up is 750 milligrams of glucosamine hydrochloride per serving.
This ingredient helps prevent bone and joint discomfort. Even if you don’t experience either of them, you can benefit from glucosamine hydrochloride, especially as the years go by.
Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator also has 180 milligrams of devil’s claw 5:1 extract (root) per serving.
This ingredient traces its roots to South Africa. Its benefits are similar to glucosamine hydrochloride’s – it helps prevent joint discomfort. Devil’s claw also helps boost digestion, an important post-workout benefit.
Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator also includes several anti-inflammatory components.
First up is 100 milligrams of American ginseng per serving.
Aside from its anti-inflammatory properties, American ginseng helps boost the immune system and ward off free radicals.
For its part, astragalus root is a Chinese herb which has been used for thousands of years. Its benefits are eerily similar to American ginseng’s. The only difference is astragalus root also helps boost the cardiovascular system.
A post-workout ingredient which has gained serious traction is turmeric, which is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits.
If you don’t keep inflammation in check, it can wreak havoc on your muscles and joints. Turmeric helps prevent that.
Finally, Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator has 25 milligrams of cayenne (fruit) per serving.
This ingredient helps boost digestion, prevent joint discomfort, ward off free radicals, and improve heart health.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 90: Among post-workout supplements, Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator has a relatively high calorie count. Several post-workouts, such as Dr. Layne Norton’s Carbon Recover (10 calories per serving), have a ridiculously-low calorie count.
- Total carbohydrate, 20 g: You can expect a decent carb amount from a plant-based post-workout. Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator’s yellow pea, brown rice, and maca root components all contribute to its carb content, which is not high at just seven percent of the daily value.
- Sugars, 14 g: This product has a somewhat high sugar content. However, the sugar sources are pretty awesome: whole-grain brown rice sweetener and stevia extract. The latter is a zero-calorie, plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Protein, 4 g: You may be expecting Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator to yield at least 20 grams of protein per serving. Unfortunately, it has only four grams of protein per scoop. This isn’t considered low, as it is equal to eight percent of the daily value (anything less than five percent is low). However, it could have been a bit more to help build and repair muscle tissue.
- Vitamin A (as Vitamin A palmitate), 300 IU: Most people know this Vitamin helps boost eye health. However, Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator is not a great source at just six percent of the daily value.
- Thiamine (as thiamine hydrochloride): Now, we’re talking. Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator is a tremendous source of thiamine (Vitamin B1) at a whopping 330 percent of the daily value. Among its vital post-workout benefits are increased energy, better heart health, and improved digestion. Awesome.
- Riboflavin, 5 mg: Also known as Vitamin B2, this ingredient is equal to an amazing 290 percent of the daily value in Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator. Vitamin B2 helps increase energy levels, boost mineral absorption, and boost the immune and digestive systems.
- Niacin (as niacinamide), 5 mg: This product is a great source of niacin (a.k.a. Vitamin B3) at 25 percent of the daily value. It’s not as abundant in Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator as Vitamins B1 and B2, but it should make an impact: your nerves, digestion, and blood pressure will all benefit.
- Folate (as folic acid), 30 mcg: Also known as Vitamin B9, folate helps regulate cholesterol levels and improve heart health. Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator is a decent – not great – source at eight percent of the daily value.
- Biotin, 5 mcg: This is a water-soluble vitamin which helps build and repair muscle tissue. it also helps boost heart health and metabolism. Unfortunately, there’s not much of it in Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator at a measly two percent of the daily value.
- Pantothenic acid (as calcium D-pantothenate), 5 mg: Simply put, this ingredient is Vitamin B5. It helps increase stamina, strengthen the immune system, and regulate blood pressure and cholesterol levels – all great post-workout benefits. You’re sure to reap from them as Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator has an impressive 50 percent of the daily value for Vitamin B5.
- Magnesium (as magnesium citrate), 20 mg: This mineral is crucial in maintaining bone and heart health. However, there isn’t much of it in Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator (five percent of the daily value).
- Zinc (as zinc citrate), 5 mg: Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator is a great source of zinc at 35 percent of the daily value. Its most impressive fitness benefit is its ability to boost weight loss. Plus, it helps ward off free radicals. Nice.
- Chloride (as sodium chloride), 150 mg: At six percent of the daily value for sodium, Vega Sport Accelerator contains just the right amount of salt to prevent muscle cramps and replenish electrolyte levels without compromising blood pressure levels. Other bodybuilding supplement manufacturers should take notes.
- Potassium (as potassium citrate), 400 mg: This mineral helps regulate blood pressure and sodium levels. Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator doesn’t go overboard as it has 10 percent of the daily value for this mineral.
At first glance, Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator is the ideal post-workout for people who are iffy about taking creatine, glutamine, betaine anhydrous, and the like.
However, we daresay it’s a post-workout which can benefit just about everybody.
One word: plant-based. You don’t have to go to the Mediterranean to reap its heap of benefits.
Hey, where else can you find a post-workout which features a combination of yellow pea protein and sprouted whole-grain brown rice protein to help repair and grow muscle tissue?
You won’t find it anywhere else, folks.
The bad news: Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator only has four grams of protein per serving.
Don’t get us wrong. Yellow pea protein and brown rice protein have been proven to grow muscle.
It’s just that this product’s protein content isn’t enough – you need 20 to 30 grams of fast-absorbing protein after a tough training session.
Having said that, we recommend you also supplement with a separate protein supplement to meet this amount.
And yes, we know many post-workout supplements do not have protein.
However, bear in mind Vega Sports Recovery Accelerator doesn’t have the regular post-workout ingredients such as creatine, BCAAs, and glutamine – components which help build and preserve muscle in the absence of protein.
Note that most of this product’s plant-based ingredients are geared toward less inflammation and better joint and bone health – only organic gelatinized maca root has the complete post-workout arsenal, including amino acids, carbs, vitamins, and minerals.
Nonetheless, we’re confident Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator will help improve your bone and joint health. It will also help boost your cardiovascular system.
The result: more productive workouts and better long-term health.
Speaking of long-term health, you can attribute this to the other benefits this product has.
Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator is overflowing – and we mean overflowing – with B vitamins. Their multitude of benefits bodes well for your long-term post-workout goals.
Don’t forget about its awesome zinc component (35 percent of the daily value), which helps boost weight loss and ward off those nasty free radicals.
The good thing about Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator is it has no dirty ingredients. We like the inclusion of red beet juice powder and stevia leaf extract, in particular.
A good number of bodybuilding supplement manufacturers sell products which have artificial food dyes and empty-calorie sweeteners. Just dumb.
Not Vega Sport, though. The company’s products are all-natural. No proprietary blends, either. Awesome.
Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator Benefits
According to the manufacturer’s official website, Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator helps “restore energy, support electrolyte replenishment, and support carbohydrate recovery post-workout.”
We agree with all of these claims. Plus, this supplement is a great option for individuals with dietary restrictions.
Who Takes It?
Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator is intended for healthy and active individuals who want to boost recovery, increase energy, replenish electrolyte and glycogen stores after training, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Although Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator has no glaring side effects, the manufacturer issues a warning:
Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator Summary
- Plant-based ingredients. More long-term post-workout benefits.
- Yellow pea protein and brown rice protein. Healthy alternative protein sources.
- Suitable for just about everyone. Ideal for vegans and vegetarians as well.
- Heaps of health benefits. Comes with a plant-based supplement.
- Teeming with Vitamin B. Enjoy better heart health, digestion, and blood pressure levels.
- Clean ingredients. No fillers, dirty ingredients, and proprietary blends.
- Good reputation. Consumers have given it good ratings on several websites.
- Four grams of protein per serving. Could have been more for muscle growth and tissue repair.
- Expensive. $33.99 for a 538-gram container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 538-gram Container (20-Day Supply): $33.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator
So, will a plant-based post-workout help you achieve your fitness goals?
You can’t go wrong with plant-based. Do not underestimate the power of greens.
Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator has a ton of extra health benefits to boot. Expect to recover faster and improve your long-term health, folks. Believe it.