How about trying a clinically-dosed post-workout supplement to get you going?
Make way for MuscleTech After Build, folks.
If its impressive packaging is any indication, this product should give you big-time results.
We have a good feeling about it.
Buckle up for another great review.
About MuscleTech After Build
The manufacturer dubs MuscleTech After Build its “Clinically-Dosed Next Generation Post-Workout,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Impressive ingredient combo. BCAAs, creatine, betaine, taurine, and key electrolytes.
- Four grams of leucine per serving. BCAA which helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis.
- Clinically-dosed. Ingredient amounts match those from valid scientific studies.
MuscleTech After Build Supplement Facts (Fruit Punch, 1.11 lbs.)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (17 g)|
Servings Per Container: Approx. 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||1%*|
|Potassium (as dipotassium phosphate)||20 mg||1%|
|4:1:1 BCAA Matrix|
|Growth & Recovery Matrix|
|Creatine HCl||1 g||†|
|Lean Muscle & Performance Matrix|
|Hydra-Electrolyte Support Blend|
|Sodium chloride||63.5 mg||†|
| Coconut water|
(as Cocos nucifera)
| Black pepper|
|Ingredients: Malic Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Antifoam (Maltodextrin, Dimethylpoly Siloxane, Methylated Silicon Dioxide), Acesulfame Potassium, Calcium Silicate, FD&C Red No. 40|
|Directions For After Build: Mix 1 serving (1 scoop) with 12 oz. of cold water and consume intra- or post-workout. Do not exceed 1 serving in a 24-hour period. Drink 8 glasses of water daily for general good health. Read the entire label before use and follow directions provided.|
The Clinically-Dosed Next Generation Post-Workout
What bodybuilding post-workout supplement with the word “build” have you tried lately?
Is it Jacked Factory POWERBUILD (which has an awesome five grams of glutamine per serving)?
How about MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA (which has an impressive 4:1:1 BCAA ratio)?
Many supplement manufacturers associate their post-workouts with “build” because that’s precisely what needs to happen after a hard workout.
You put your muscles through a lot of stress. You tear up those muscle fibers.
Once your last rep ends, you need to build your body again.
Let’s see if MuscleTech After Build is up to that gargantuan task.
The manufacturer dubs it its Clinically-Dosed Next Generation Post-Workout.
It’s a product which has most of the essential post-workout ingredients complete with nourishing electrolytes.
MuscleTech After Build is also part of the manufacturer’s Lab Series product line, which has high-quality and clinically-dosed ingredients, per its official website.
The focal point here is six grams of branch-chained amino acids per serving under its 4:1:1 BCAA Matrix.
That means MuscleTech After Build has four grams of leucine, one gram of isoleucine and one gram of valine per 17-gram scoop.
We’re talking about 100 percent free-acid BCAAs here, folks.
Of course, the star of the show is leucine – the most anabolic amino acid.
It’s the BCAA which stimulates muscle protein synthesis by triggering the release of a special protein known as mTOR.
Unknown to many, leucine also helps preserve muscle mass.
It also helps you lose weight through the release of an appetite-suppressing hormone from the hypothalamus in the brain.
We’re serious. Ask any BCAA expert.
As for the four grams of leucine per serving, the manufacturer says it is the exact amount “shown in a clinical study to help subjects increase their 5-rep max strength by over 40 percent in 12 weeks!”
We’re sure you want to experience that, too, don’t you?
The company’s claim carries a lot of weight – it cites the 2011 study from the International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance.
We’ve sifted through a ton of supplement reviews and tried a lot of post-workouts ourselves. We will not dispute the finding.
Leucine is king. Period.
The one gram per serving each of isoleucine and valine serve a nice complementary role.
Isoleucine helps restore a positive protein and nitrogen balance for more muscle growth.
On the other hand, valine helps repair muscle tissue, increase endurance, and regulate the immune system.
Next up is MuscleTech After Build’s Growth & Recovery Matrix, which takes up five grams per serving.
Spearheading this matrix are two grams of l-glutamine per scoop.
Just so you know, a ton of post-workouts have glutamine.
We are not surprised one bit.
Check out its wide array of benefits:
- Helps preserve muscle mass
- Increases human growth hormone (HGH) levels
- Helps boost the immune and digestive systems
- Improves athletic performance
- Keeps free radicals at bay
Now, who wouldn’t want these?
Although two grams of glutamine per serving isn’t the most in the industry (like we said, Jacked Factory POWERBUILD has more than twice that amount), we still feel this amount will go a long way.
Ditto for the two grams of creatine monohydrate per serving.
We love this kind of creatine – it’s the cheapest and most effective on the market, believe us.
We’re sure glad it’s in MuscleTech After Build.
The one glaring weakness of creatine monohydrate is its poor solubility.
Well, that’s the reason why this product has one gram of creatine hydrochloride per scoop.
Study after study has confirmed this kind of creatine is way more soluble than creatine monohydrate.
In other words, the inclusion of creatine hydrochloride in MuscleTech After Build helps offset the main weakness of creatine monohydrate.
We like that.
Regardless of what kind of creatine you fancy, you should try considering it.
“Creatine has been extensively researched for its benefits in increasing muscle strength (and) power, and enhancing recovery during training,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
The company also cites a study from The Journal of Applied Physiology which says supplementing with three grams of daily creatine supplementation for a month will help you reap its full benefits.
Well, two grams of creatine monohydrate and one gram of creatine hydrochloride per scoop adds up to three.
Ergo, MuscleTech After Build’s creatine content can help take your post-workout results to the next level.
We can also say the same thing about this supplement’s Lean Muscle & Performance Matrix, which is composed of 2.5 grams of betaine and one gram of taurine per serving.
MuscleTech says betaine “is one of the most exciting muscle-building compounds on the market today,” per its official webpage.
It rattles off betaine’s benefits:
- Helps lower homocysteine levels (which weaken insulin signaling and muscle protein synthesis)
- Helps increase muscle cell water retention
- Assists in creatine synthesis
The company also claims MuscleTech After Build’s 2.5 grams of betaine per scoop can help you gain around 3.75 lbs. of lean muscle mass after just six weeks of use.
Hey, we don’t dispute that, either.
The second component of the Lean Muscle & Performance Matrix is taurine, which helps increase focus, strength, endurance, and muscle cell volume – all important post-workout benefits.
Plus, taurine also helps regulate blood sugar levels and shorten recovery.
MuscleTech After Build also has a unique Hydra-Electrolyte Support Blend, which comprises a total of 174.26 milligrams per serving.
The main ingredient here is 63.5 milligrams of sodium chloride per serving.
Try consuming the right amount of sodium (no more than five percent of the daily value) after a rigorous training session to help prevent muscle cramps.
We’re stoked because MuscleTech After Build’s sodium level is just about right.
This product also has 55.5 milligrams of dipotassium phosphate (or simply potassium) per serving.
Potassium helps regulate blood pressure levels and improve cardiovascular health.
Unfortunately, MuscleTech After Build is not a significant source at a paltry one percent of the daily value for potassium.
Regardless, we are pleased this supplement has 50 milligrams of coconut water per scoop.
Throw those sports drinks out the window, folks. There’s a good chance they have those nasty artificial food colorings.
Try replenishing with coconut water – which is abundant in key electrolytes – after a grueling cardiovascular session.
MuscleTech After Build also has 5.26 milligrams of black pepper extract for good measure.
This ingredient has gained traction in recent years as a nutrient absorption booster. It also helps ward off free radicals.
What more could you ask for?
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 40: MuscleTech After Build isn’t as low-calorie as say, Carbon Recover (which has only 10 calories per serving), but it should help complement your lean-muscle-building efforts.
- Total carbohydrate, 1 g: This product is not a significant source of carbohydrates at just one percent of the daily value.
- Sugars, 0 g: MuscleTech After Build has no sugar. However, the manufacturer used acesulfame potassium – a calorie-free sweetener common in many bodybuilding supplements. Since the Food and Drug Administration has approved its use, we won’t gripe.
- Sodium, 65 mg: Like we said, this product’s sodium level is safe enough to prevent muscle cramping without making your blood pressure levels soar. Excellent.
- Potassium (as dipotassium phosphate), 20 mg: MuscleTech After Build is also not a significant source of potassium at just one percent of the daily value.
- L-leucine, 4 g: The most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis. Four grams per serving packs a wallop, folks. Believe us
- L-isoleucine, 1 g: The BCAA which helps you maintain a positive protein and nitrogen balance.
- L-valine, 1 g: The BCAA which helps repair muscle tissue, increase endurance, and regulate the immune system.
- L-glutamine, 2 g: The most abundant amino acid which helps preserve muscle, increase HGH levels, and regulate the digestive and immune systems.
- Creatine monohydrate, 2 g: The classic and most effective form of creatine. Two grams per serving isn’t optimal, but when combined with creatine HCl, it helps you reap the full benefits.
- Creatine HCl, 1 g: The second half of MuscleTech After Build’s 1-2 creatine punch. It helps offset creatine monohydrate’s poor solubility.
- Betaine, 2.5 g: Helps lower homocysteine levels, increase water retention of muscle cells, and synthesize creatine. Manufacturer also claims this much betaine supplementation in six weeks helps one pack on almost four lbs. of lean muscle mass. Impressive.
- Taurine, 1 g: Another post-workout ingredient staple which helps increase muscle mass, endurance, focus, and strength. One word which aptly describes it: well-rounded.
- Sodium chloride, 63.5 mg: Simply known as sodium or salt, this is an important electrolyte which helps prevent muscle cramping. Don’t go overboard, though.
- Dipotassium phosphate, 55.5 mg: Potassium helps regulate blood pressure levels and boost heart health. Unfortunately, MuscleTech After Build is not a significant source at just one percent of the daily value.
- Coconut water (as Cocos nucifera), 50 mg: Contains key electrolytes – particularly potassium – which help replenish the body after a hard workout.
- Black pepper extract (BioPerine) (as Piper nigrum) (fruit), 5.26 mg: Assists in nutrient absorption for better results.
After sizing up MuscleTech After Build, we say it’s an impressive post-workout from top to bottom.
We said impressive. We didn’t say perfect.
More on that later.
We like the potent 4:1:1 BCAA Matrix, especially the leucine content.
Four grams of leucine and one gram each of isoleucine and valine should help you pack on lean muscle mass, repair muscle tissue, and shorten recovery time.
Let’s be frank here: two grams of glutamine and three grams of creatine per serving aren’t the highest amounts among post-workouts.
Nonetheless, we believe they will give you solid results in conjunction with regular training, good nutrition, and ample rest.
On that note, the addition of creatine hydrochloride was a nice touch – it should help negate creatine monohydrate’s solubility issues.
Betaine and taurine are two proven ingredients which have a place in any post-workout supplement.
We already rattled off their key benefits. Their inclusions should make this product more potent (especially betaine, which complements creatine beautifully).
We are happy the manufacturer didn’t go overboard on sodium. It could have added a bit more potassium (a key post-workout electrolyte), though.
A huge thumbs up to the inclusion of coconut water. Like we said, you don’t need those sports drinks when this is around – you’ll get all of the electrolytes your body needs.
Other pluses: MuscleTech After Build is low in calories, carbs, and sugar. The company’s transparency is also impressive. No proprietary blends whatsoever.
We love it.
On the other hand, we said this product isn’t perfect.
First, it has FD&C Red No. 40. This artificial sweetener has p-Cresidine, a white crystal now known as a human carcinogen.
Finally, MuscleTech After Build does not come cheap – one 1.1-lb. (498-gram) container costs approximately $34.99.
MuscleTech After Build Benefits
MuscleTech After Build has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps boost muscle recovery
- Increases ATP stores
- Helps increase strength by as much as 40 percent
- Superior BCAA 4:1:1 Matrix
We agree with all of these claims. MuscleTech After Build can help you achieve all of these and then some. Get yours today.
Who Takes It?
MuscleTech After Build is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to build lean muscle mass, increase endurance and strength, shorten recovery time, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
We are happy to report MuscleTech After Build has no glaring side effects. However, this product has FD&C Red No. 40, which, like we already mentioned, has a component known as a human carcinogen.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult a physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
MuscleTech After Build Summary
- Great ingredient combo. BCAAs, creatine, betaine, taurine, and key electrolytes.
- Clinically-dosed. Individual ingredient amounts are consistent with those from scientific studies.
- Four grams of leucine per serving. Most anabolic amino acid which helps build muscle mass.
- Three grams of creatine per scoop. Combination of creatine monohydrate and creatine hydrochloride.
- 2.5 grams of betaine per serving. Helps synthesize creatine and increase muscle water retention.
- Hydra-Electrolyte Support Blend. Helps shorten recovery time.
- Has coconut water. Ingredient rich in electrolytes.
- Good transparency. Manufacturer lists all ingredient amounts.
- Excellent reputation. Has earned high marks from consumers.
- Contains FD&C Red N0. 40. Artificial sweetener which has a human carcinogen. Watch out, folks.
- Somewhat expensive. $34.99 for a 1.1-lb. (498-gram) container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 1.1-lb. (498-gram) container (30-Day Supply): $34.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on MuscleTech After Build
The manufacturer claims MuscleTech After Build is its “Clinically-Dosed Next Generation Post-Workout.”
After a thorough analysis, we say it now carries a lot of weight.
In other words, this product is legit. Who can pass up on an impressive and clinically-dosed post-workout ingredient combo?
We can’t. Neither should you.
It’s not a perfect product. We’re hoping the company comes up with an advanced formula without FD&C Red No. 40 sometime in the future.
Nonetheless, we recommend MuscleTech After Build earn a spot on your supplement stack. Buy it.