We’ve seen our fair share of comprehensive post-workout supplements. However, a post-workout from Manchester,England by the name of Amix Re-Core Concentrated gives the competition a run for its money. This review proves our point.
About Amix Re-Core Concentrated
Amix Re-Core Concentrated is the “High Intense Recovery Supplement” which “is a unique complex of peptide-form and free-form amino acids, CFM protein isolate, vitamins, and minerals,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Unique ingredient combo. Where else can you find a post-workout with Rhodiola rosea and DMAE bitartrate 37 percent?
- Sixteen grams of protein per scoop. Not bad for a post-workout supplement.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. Has 625 percent and 357 of the daily values, respectively.
Amix Re-Core Concentrated Supplement Facts (Fruit Punch, 540 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (24.5 g)|
Servings Per Container: 22
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Anabolic Amino Infusion||10,000 mg|
|Micronized L-Glutamine||5,000 mg|
|Instantized L-Leucine||4,000 mg|
|Instantized L-Isoleucine||500 mg|
|Instantized L-Valine||500 mg|
|Anabolic PeptoBlend Infusion||5,000 mg|
|CFM® – cross flow microfiltered whey protein isolate with protein fractions||4,000 mg|
|PepForm™ Leucine Peptides||500 mg|
|PepForm Tryptophan Peptide||500 mg|
|Recovery Catalyst Infusion||5,500 mg|
|Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn®)||2,000 mg|
|L-Citrulline Malate||2,000 mg|
|Anti-Stress & Mental Infusion||2,155 mg|
|DMG – Dimethylglycine||500 mg|
|Rhodiola Rosea (standardized|
for 4% rosavins)
|DMAE Bitartrate 3 (2-/Dimethylamino/Ethanol)||50 mg|
|Vitamin & Mineral Infusion||1,505 mg|
|di-Calcium Phosphate, di-Sodium Phosphate, di-Potassium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Pyridoxine HCl|
|Vitamin C||500 mg||625%|
|Vitamin B6||5 mg||357%|
|Ingredients: L-Glutamine, L-Leucine, CFM® – cross flow microfiltered whey protein isolate (from milk) with protein fractions, beta-alanine (CarnoSyn®), L-Citrulline malate, L-Glycine, taurine, dimethylglycine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, PepForm® – L-Leucine peptides (whey peptides /from milk/, L-Leucine peptides, L-Leucine), Pep-Form®-Tryptophan peptides (whey peptides /from milk/, L-Tryptophan peptides, L-Tryptophan), tyrosine, ascorbic acid, di-calcium phosphate, acidifying regulator: citric acid; di-sodium phosphate, acidifying regulators: malic acid, sodium carbonate; rhodiola rosea extract, dye: (fruit punch flavor – beetroot extract, orange flavour – curcumine and beetroot extract, lemon-lime flavour – curcumine, water melon flavour – carmine), DMAE Bitartrate 37% (2-/Dimethylamino/Ethanol), aroma, sweeteners: sucralose, acesulfame-K; anticaking agent: silicon dioxide, phosphatidylserine, pyridoxine HCl|
|Recommended dosage: Mix 1 scoop (24.5 g) with 200-300 ml of water and drink immediately after physical performance. To change the flavour and sweetness of drink change the amount of water used for preparation. Do not exceed recommended daily dosage!|
The High Intense Recovery Supplement
If you’re familiar with English Premier League football, you should know the two teams from Manchester, England – the Manchester United Red Devils and Manchester City Sky Blues.
Well, there’s another good thing coming from that neck of the woods. We’re talking about a UK post-workout known as Amix Re-Core Concentrated.
Amix Re-Core Concentrated is the company’s “High Intense Recovery Supplement” which “is a unique complex of peptide-form and free-form amino acids, CFM protein isolate, vitamins, and minerals,” per its official website.
One look at the comprehensive ingredients list, you can tell this post-workout covers all the bases. It’s one of the most complete formulas on the market, for sure.
There are some post-workouts which feature several blends. Unfortunately, some of them are proprietary (where the manufacturer disguises the individual amounts). We’re pleased Amix Re-Core Concentrated has none of those deceiving proprietary blends.
Amix-Re-Core Concentrated has five different blends. These clearly help the consumer determine the product’s benefits. We like that. We get the feeling this supplement will exceed our expectations. We hope it will exceed yours, too.
Anabolic Amino Infusion, 10,000 mg
Amix Re-Core Concentrated’s first ingredient group is 10 grams of its Anabolic Amino Infusion per 24.5-gram serving.
Leading the charge is five grams of micronized l-glutamine per serving. This much glutamine is optimal and will help you reap its many benefits:
- Helps preserve muscle mass
- Increases human growth hormone levels
- Helps boost the digestive and immune systems
- Wards off nasty free radicals
- Improves athletic performance
On the other hand, five grams of branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) per serving make up the second half of Amix Re-Core Concentrate’s Anabolic Amino Infusion blend. This product follows an impressive 8:1:1 BCAA ratio. Not too many post-workouts do, mind you.
Naturally, the emphasis is on leucine, the most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart the muscle protein synthesis process. It takes up an impressive four grams per scoop. Get ready to muscle up.
Recent research also reveals this BCAA helps preserve muscle mass and torch fat by triggering the release of an appetite-suppressing hormone from the hypothalamus.
In stark contrast, the manufacturer de-emphasized the two other BCAAs, isoleucine and valine. Look no further than the 500 milligrams of each per serving as hard evidence.
Isoleucine helps maintain a positive protein and nitrogen balance, regulate blood sugar levels, produce hemoglobin, increase endurance, and repair muscle tissue.
On the other hand, valine helps repair muscle tissue, increase endurance, regulate the immune system, improve sleep quality, quell anxiety, and repair muscle tissue.
Five hundred milligrams per serving of isoleucine and valine certainly aren’t the most in this product line, but they’ll help you achieve your post-workout goals.
Anabolic PeptoBlend, 5,000 mg
Next up is the Anabolic PeptoBlend Infusion, which takes up five grams per serving. The main ingredient here is four grams of cross-flow microfiltered whey protein isolate with protein fractions (CFM) per scoop.
Experts believe CFM whey protein isolate is the cleanest kind of whey on the market. Bear in mind the bodybuilding industry has a lot of supplements laced with fillers and dirty ingredients. Amix Re-Core Concentrated’s CFM whey protein isolate component is like a breath of fresh air.
Let’s rattle off its other health benefits:
- Fat- and lactose-free
- Increased BCAA amounts
- Top-notch solubility and digestibility
- Has more calcium and less sodium than other forms of WPI
However, we doubt a paltry four grams per serving will cut it, folks. Listen, many pre-workouts get by without protein. We’re absolutely fine with that. Components such as creatine, citrulline malate, and glutamine help shorten recovery time considerably.
Four grams of protein per scoop is somewhat obsolete, if you ask us. If the manufacturer was hell bent on including this macronutrient, then it would’ve been better if it included 20 grams per scoop or so.
The final two components of the Anabolic PeptoBlend Infusion are 500 milligrams each of leucine and tryptophan peptides per serving. These refer to the more soluble form of each ingredient.
We love the additional leucine punch. Think about it: Amix Re-Core Concentrated has a whopping 4.5 grams of leucine per serving. You’re sure to muscle up with that much.
On the other hand, tryptophan is an essential amino acid and precursor of niacin (a.k.a. vitamin B3, which is in many energy boosters and multivitamins), which helps convert nutrients into energy and regulate the nervous system.
Plus, tryptophan is a precursor of melatonin, which helps regulate sleep cycles. Expect shorter recovery time and better quality of life as a result.
In a nutshell, tryptophan has awesome post-workout benefits. Five hundred milligrams per serving is a bonus more than anything else.
Recovery Catalyst Infusion, 5,500 mg
Amix Re-Core Concentrated’s Recovery Catalyst Infusion is equal to 5.5 grams per serving. This is where you will find the more common post-workout ingredients:
- Beta-alanine (CarnoSyn), two grams: Beta-alanine supplementation increases carnosine levels, which, in turn, delays the onset of muscle fatigue and increases endurance. CarnoSyn is one of the leading beta-alanine brands on the market. You get two grams worth when you consume Amix Re-Core Concentrated. Awesome.
- L-citrulline malate, two grams: An amino acid compound which helps increase endurance and muscle pumps, ward off muscle soreness, and shortens recovery time. This post-workout has one of the highest amounts of l-citrulline malate we’ve seen. Thumbs up.
- L-glycine, one gram: This is a Jack of all trades as far as post-workout ingredients are concerned: glycine helps increase muscle mass, repairs joints, boosts digestion, and wards off fatigue. We say one gram of glycine per serving is optimal.
- Tyrosine, 500 mg: An amino acid which helps keep fatigue at bay, boost amino acid absorption, increase focus, and improve memory.
We are impressed. When you load up on arsenal like that, you are sure to take your post-workout results to the next level. It’s a powerful post-workout combo which should give you a fast return on your investment.
Anti-Stress and Mental Infusion Blend, 2,155 mg
Honestly, we’ve never seen a post-workout ingredient combo such as this one. One look at the components, and you’ll see what we mean. Most of them are not your everyday post-workout ingredients, that’s for sure.
First up is 1.5 grams of taurine per serving. This is a fairly common post-workout ingredient and amino acid which helps lower stress levels, torch fat, improve insulin sensitivity, improve athletic performance, and shorten recovery time. We love taurine’s versatility and inclusion in Amix Re-Core Concentrated.
The Anti-Stress and Mental Infusion Blend also has 500 milligrams per of dimethylglycine per serving. Simply known as DMG, this amino acid is a derivative of glycine.
Long story short, it helps boost your overall health and ward off fatigue. If you ask us, DMG is not necessary as a post-workout ingredient. It’s used more as a remedy to treat several ailments.
Amix Re-Core Concentrated also has 100 milligrams of Rhodiola rosea per serving. It’s an herb which helps boost the nervous and immune systems, increase exercise capacity and energy levels, improve memory, and torch fat. Thumbs up to this inclusion.
Next up are 50 milligrams of DMAE bitartrate per serving, a precursor of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which helps increase focus and improve athletic performance. These are two benefits you should reap. No doubt about it.
The last component of the Anti-Stress & Mental Infusion Blend is five milligrams of phosphatldylserine per serving. Phosphatldylserine is a phospholipid which helps boost athletic performance. We think this will help improve your workouts tremendously.
Vitamin & Mineral Infusion Blend, 1,505 mg
The name of this blend should be a dead giveaway – you’ll find key vitamins and minerals which help re-hydrate your body and boost long-term health.
The stars of the show here are Vitamin C and Vitamin B6, which have a combined daily value of almost 1000 percent. That much is equal to those of many multivitamins on the market.
Vitamin C is a bona fide virtuoso. It helps boost heart and blood vessel health, regulate blood pressure levels, improve vision, ward off the common cold, and keep nasty free radicals at bay (vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant).
It also turns out vitamin C helps ward off muscle damage, per the April 2013 issue of International Journal of Preventive Medicine (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov). We say this is a fantastic benefit. Just when you thought vitamin C does a bit of everything, it pulls off another impressive feat.
As for vitamin B6, it helps shore up cardiovascular function, regulate the nervous system, boost immunity, and maintain healthy hormone levels.
When you combine the benefits of these two vitamins, you will not only achieve your post-workout goals, but enjoy great health over the long haul.
The Vitamin & Mineral Infusion blend also includes decent amounts of calcium and phosphorus, which is nice. Just about the only obsolete electrolyte is potassium, which is equal to a paltry three percent of the daily value.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Micronized l-glutamine, 5,000 g: The most dominant ingredient of Amix Re-Core Concentrated. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid which helps preserve muscle mass, increase HGH levels, and regulate the digestive and immune systems.
- Instantized l-leucine, 4,000 mg: The most anabolic amino acid which helps you build muscle mass. Four grams per serving will help you muscle up, for sure.
- Instantized l-isoleucine, 500 mg: The BCAA which helps restore a positive protein and nitrogen balance. It also helps increase endurance and repair muscle tissues.
- Instantized l-valine, 500 mg: The BCAA which helps repair muscle tissue, increase endurance, and regulate the immune system.
- CFM (cross-flow microfiltered whey protein isolate with protein fractions), 4,000 mg: Fitness experts hail CFM as the cleanest kind of whey protein on the market. Amix Re-Core Concentrated’s measly four grams per serving is somewhat obsolete.
- PepForm leucine peptides, 500 mg: This is a more soluble form of leucine. This much ramps up Amix Re-Core Concentrated’s leucine content to an impressive 4.5 grams per scoop – a sure way to increase your muscle mass.
- PepForm tryptophan peptides, 500 mg: An essential amino acid which has positive effects on energy levels and sleep cycles – two important post-workout benefits.
- Beta-alanine (CarnoSyn), 2,000 mg: A precursor of carnosine, which helps ward off fatigue and increase endurance. CarnoSyn is a top-notch brand which you can trust.
- L-citrulline malate, 2,000 mg: Two grams of l-citrulline malate per serving will help you shorten recovery time and increase endurance, for sure.
- L-glycine, 1,000 mg: A versatile post-workout ingredient which helps increase muscle mass, boost joint health, improve digestion, and keep fatigue at bay.
- Tyrosine, 500 mg: An amino acid which helps improve amino acid absorption for more muscle growth and better overall results.
- Taurine, 1,500 mg: A staple post-workout ingredient which helps boost fat loss, improve insulin sensitivity, boost athleticism, and shorten recovery time.
- DMG – dimethylglycine, 500 mg: A glycine derivative used to treat several ailments. We feel this ingredient is not necessary at all.
- Rhodiola rosea, 100 mg: An herb which helps increase exercise capacity and energy levels.
- DMAE bitartrate 37 percent, 50 mg: An ingredient which helps boost focus and athleticism.
- Phosphatldylserine, 5 mg: A phospholipid which helps improve athletic performance. We’ll take that any time of day.
- Calcium, 100 mg: Amix Re-Core Concentrated has 12.5 percent of the daily value for calcium, which is bordering on high (anything more than 15 percent has a high value).
- Potassium, 70 mg: This product is not a significant source of potassium at just three percent of the daily value.
- Phosphorus, 190 mg: With 27 percent of the daily value for phosphorus, Amix Re-Core Concentrated will help improve bone and teeth health, improve protein absorption, increase energy levels, and delay the onset of post-exercise fatigue.
- Sodium, 50 mg: Amix Re-Core Concentrated’s sodium amount (two percent of the daily value) is safe for individuals who are monitoring their salt intake.
- Vitamin C, 500 mg: This product’s 500 milligrams per serving of ascorbic acid represent a whopping 625 percent of the daily value. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which helps ward off nasty free radicals. It also helps improve eye function, boost heart health, regulate blood pressure levels, and promote better blood vessel health.
- Vitamin B6, 5 mg: Amix Re-Core Concentrated is also teeming with Vitamin B6 (also known as pyridoxamine), as it has an incredible 357 percent of the daily value. Vitamin B6 has positive effects on the cardiovascular, nervous, and immune systems.
- Fat, < 1 g: Amix Re-Core Concentrated is low in fats as it has less than one gram of fat per serving. It also has a low saturated fat content (less than 0.5 grams per serving).
- Total carbohydrate, 5 g: Our computation reveals this product has less than two percent of the daily value for carbs, making it a perfect complement to your low-carb diet. It also has a low sugar content at less than one gram per serving.
- Protein, 16 g: It turns out Amix Re-Core Concentrated has decent protein content at 16 grams per serving (which is equal to 32 percent of the daily value). We’ll take that.
- Salt, 0.5 g: This product’s low salt content bodes well for those who are monitoring their salt intake. We doubt this much will help regulate fluid levels after a tough workout, though.
We’ve said many post-workouts are the real deal because of their comprehensiveness. On that onte, Amix Re-Core Concentrated is a real contender to the post-workout throne.
The folks at Amix Nutrition pulled out all the stops here. Amix Re-Core Concentrated is an impressive product which features traditional and non-traditional post-workout ingredients which deliver real results.
For one, its Amino Acid Infusion Blend will help you grow lean muscle mass. Four grams of leucine per serving (not including the 500 milligrams of leucine peptides) will go a long way.
While we weren’t impressed with just four grams of CFM whey protein isolate per serving, the total protein amount (16 grams per serving) made up for that. That much protein isn’t optimal (there are heaps of supplements with more protein), but it’ll do.
Bear in mind most post-workouts do not have protein. Any time you have that in your post-workout, consider it a bonus.
The Recovery Catalyst Infusion Blend which includes beta-alanine, l-citrulline malate, l-glycine, and tyrosine feature the staple post-workout ingredients. With them around, prepare to reap the full post-workout benefits.
We laud the manufacturer for this supplement’s Anti-Stress & Mental Infusion Blend – it’s rare to stumble upon a post-workout which has a combo of taurine, Rhodiola rosea, and DMAE bitartrate 37 percent. However, the inclusions of DMG baffled us. Honestly, we think it wasn’t necessary.
On the plus side, Amix Re-Core Concentrated’s incredible Vitamin C and Vitamin B6 amounts bode well not only for your post-workout results, but long-term health as well. We’re also stoked because this product is low in fats, carbs, sugar, and salt.
We also like the use of beetroot extract (which helps regulate blood pressure levels) as the food coloring. With that, hopefully more bodybuilding supplement manufacturers follow suit.
Unfortunately, this product has a dirty ingredient in sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), which experts have linked to obesity and other side effects. The plant-based sweetener stevia (which helps regulate blood pressure levels) would have been the better option.
Lastly, this product doesn’t come cheap – one 540-gram (1.2-lb.) container costs approximately $51.00. Amix Re-Core Concentrated is a solid post-workout. You have to pay for quality, and that’s what you’ll get.
All in all, Amix Re-Core Concentrated is not your typical post-workout supplement. It employs a take-no-prisoners approach. We like that. It should help you achieve your post-workout goals for years to come.
Amix Re-Core Concentrated Benefits
Amix Re-Core Concentrated has the following benefits, per its official website:
- 8:1:1 BCAA ratio
- Has leucine and tryptophan peptides
- Has CFM whey protein isolate
- Great taste
We agree with most of these claims. Amix Re-Core Concentrated will help you achieve your post-workout goals with its unique and comprehensive formula.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended Amix Re-Core Concentrated for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to build muscle mass, increase endurance, delay the onset of post-exercise fatigue, shorten recovery time, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Amix Re-Core Concentrated contains sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which experts have linked to obesity and weight gain.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying Amix Re-Core Concentrated.
Amix Re-Core Concentrated Summary
- Impressive ingredient combo. Has beta-alanine, l-citrulline malate, l-glycine, and tyrosine.
- Five grams of glutamine per scoop. Helps preserve muscle mass and increase HGH levels.
- Four grams of leucine per serving. The most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart protein synthesis.
- Sixteen grams of protein per scoop. Decent – not optimal – amount for a post-workout product.
- Unique ingredients. Has Rhodiola rosea and DMA bitartrate 37 percent.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. Combines for almost 1,000 percent of the daily value.
- Low in fats, carbs, sugars, and salt. This says it all.
- Great transparency. No proprietary blends whatsoever. Kudos to the manufacturer.
- Good reputation. Consumers have given this product good reviews online.
- Flavor options. Comes in Fruit Punch and Lemon-Lime varieties.
- Redundant ingredient. We have no idea why the manufacturer included DMG.
- Dirty ingredient. Has Splenda, an artificial sweetener which may increase weight gain.
- Expensive. Approximately $51.00 for a 540-gram (1.2-lb.) container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 540-gram (1.2-lb.) Container (22-Day Supply): $51.00
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Amix Re-Core Concentrated
The verdict is out: Amix Re-Core Concentrated is the legit “High Intense Recovery Supplement. The ingredients speak for themselves – they cover all of the post-workout bases.
Despite its flaws (redundant ingredients, steep price, and presence of a dirty ingredient), we still recommend you buy Amix Re-Core Concentrated.
This post-workout from Manchester, England won’t disappoint. In fact, it’s one of the most unique of its kind. Go and reap its benefits today.