If you’ve been chugging Red Bull all your life, it may be time for a change.
Better yet, why not try an energy drink with impressive anabolic properties and zero calories?
Yep, you read that right.
Enter VPX BANG Energy Drink – a supplement which packs a wallop.
We promise you, this review will, too.
About VPX BANG Energy Drink
VPX BANG Energy Drink “is not your stereotypical, high-sugar, life-sucking soda masquerading as an energy drink,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Anabolic properties. Contains BCAAs, creatine and glutamine for more muscle mass.
- Zero calories, fats, cholesterol, carbs, and sugar. Wow.
- High caffeine content. Has 357 milligrams of caffeine per serving – more than three cups of coffee.
VPX BANG Energy Drink Supplement Facts (Champagne Cola, 473 ml.)
|Serving Size: 1 Can (16 fl. oz. [473 mL])
Servings Per Container: 12
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%*|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%*|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%*|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%*|
|Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Citric Acid Anhydrous, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Caffeine Anhydrous, Sodium Benzoate (Preserves Freshness), Potassium Citrate Monohydrate, Sucralean® Brand Sucralose, L-Leucine, Potassium Phosphate Dibasic, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Calcium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Potassium Sorbate (Preserves Freshness), Calcium Disodium EDTA, Magnesium Chloride, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, Covalex (Covalently Bonded Creatine Glutamine Complex), Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), And Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin).|
Potent Brain And Body Fuel
We all need a good pick-me-up every now and then.
There are days when you are physically and mentally exhausted. Even the most seasoned bodybuilding enthusiasts need a jolt to perk them up.
The thing is, some folks aren’t particular with the kind of energy product they fancy. Even if it has too much sugar or too many fillers, they still chug it down.
You can insert a facepalm here.
Let’s see if VPX BANG Energy Drink can shake things up.
The manufacturer gets right down to it.
VPX BANG Energy Drink “is not your stereotypical high-sugar, life-sucking soda masquerading as an energy drink,” per its official website.
“High-sugar drinks spike blood sugar producing metabolic mayhem causing you to crash harder than a test dummy into a brick wall,” per the same source.
The company’s website also says, “Power up with BANG’s potent and body-rocking fuel: creatine, caffeine, and BCAAs (branch-chained amino acids).”
For some reason, the first time we laid eyes on VPX BANG Energy Drink, we saw glimpses of the awesome shotgun-shell-shaped pre-workout, 4 Gauge.
You may think we’re comparing apples to oranges here. Well, we’re aware these two products aren’t in the same category.
Simply put, they’re supplements which remind us of weapons of mass destruction.
We mean that in a good way – these products pack a wallop.
On the other hand, VPX Bang Energy Drink’s marketing slogan is spot on.
Like we said, way too many people fall into the sugary-soda-masquerading-as-an-energy-drink trap.
VPX Bang Energy Drink is a breath of fresh air, folks.
The first things which raised our eyebrows were the sugar and calorie content – this product has none.
At first glance, VPX Bang Energy Drink seems to substantiate its anti-high-sugar claim.
Besides, an energy booster with zero calories bodes well for both your lifestyle and nutritional goals.
Think about it: many bodybuilding supplements claim they have no sugar whatsoever.
However, they include alternatives like sugar alcohols and the like.
VPX Bang Energy Drink has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda, which has several side effects) and acesulfame potassium – two common sugar substitutes found in many bodybuilding products.
It turns out the latter may have potential long-term side effects as well, per PLOS.org.
The takeaway: VPX BANG Energy Drink may not have any calories and sugar, but several of its additives may compromise your health.
It bears repeating, folks: many supplements have sucralose and acesulfame potassium.
For our part, we wish their manufacturers did away with them once and for all.
On the flip side, most of VPX BANG Energy Drink’s ingredients are off the hook.
Give it some thought: where can you find an energy booster which has caffeine, BCAAs, COVALEX (covalently-bonded creatine glutamine complex), and CoQ10?
This combo is unique and powerful. Take our word for it.
We said it before, we’ll say it again: caffeine is a double-edged sword.
Experts maintain caffeine or a regular cup of coffee helps ward off strokes, free radicals, and Type 2 diabetes.
What isn’t so awesome is the potential jittery or spike-crash effect caffeine produces in some individuals.
Watch out: VPX BANG Energy Drink has 357 milligrams of caffeine per serving.
The manufacturer stresses this “is more than three cups of coffee.”
In terms of transparency, the company didn’t reveal the precise amounts of key ingredients such as the BCAAs, COVALEX, and CoQ10 we mentioned earlier.
Funny, VPX BANG Energy Drink doesn’t have any proprietary blends.
This is the first time we’ve encountered something like this.
Our take: concealing the exact ingredient amounts in spite of the absence of shady proprietary blends is still shady.
We’re sure you’ll agree with us.
On the other hand, BCAAs give you the following benefits:
- Boost protein synthesis
- Help increase muscle mass and torch fat
- Shorten recovery time
- Increase endurance
- Ward off muscle soreness
- Improve overall health
We’re stoked they’re in VPX BANG Energy Boost.
Now for a little history lesson.
COVALEX (or VPX Anarchy COVALEX, to be more precise) is a pre-workout supplement from the same manufacturer. The company has since discontinued this product.
It contains caffeine anhydrous, beta-alanine, creatine monohydrate, and creatyl l-glutamine.
Our hunch is the manufacturer re-formulated this to include just creatine and glutamine (that’s what the ingredient label says).
We have nothing against this: both creatine and glutamine are time-tested bodybuilding ingredients.
We’re confident they’ll help you remain in an anabolic state in conjunction with VPX BANG Energy Drink’s BCAA component.
CoQ10 is another fantastic inclusion.
Just so you know, it’s a natural antioxidant which keeps bad (LDL) cholesterol levels in check, improve circulation, and boost overall cardiovascular health.
Put all of these together, and expect your energy levels to soar.
This the classic example of increasing energy through natural pathways. Ask those who have taken AOR Mito-Charger, which also has CoQ10.
We’re glad it’s in VPX BANG Energy Drink.
We’re also pleased this energy booster has solid doses of vitamin C, vitamin B6, niacin (vitamin B3), and vitamin B12.
B vitamins, in particular, help increase energy levels and improve cardiovascular health.
All in all, VPX BANG Energy Drink’s upsides outnumber its downsides. Many customers have sung its praises.
It should exceed your expectations in more ways than one.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 0 g: A zero-calorie energy drink? This one may be to hard to pass up.
- Calories from fat, 0 g: It’s obvious if a product has no calories, it has no calories from fats. All good.
- Total fat, 0 g: Wouldn’t you know it? VPX BANG Energy Drink has no fats whatsoever. Awesome.
- Saturated fat, 0 g: The American Heart Association has spoken: trans fats ramp up bad (LDL) cholesterol levels, which, in turn, may compromise heart health. Good thing VPX BANG Energy Drink won’t – zero saturated fats. Awesome.
- Trans fat, 0 g: Same thing applies to trans fats – a bane of bodybuilding supplement reviewers like us.
- Cholesterol, 0 mg: We are 100 percent certain VPX BANG Energy Drink won’t compromise your cholesterol levels. The label speaks for itself.
- Sodium, 40 mg: This energy booster has a paltry two percent of the daily value for sodium (anything less than five percent has a low value). Ergo, VPX BANG Energy Drink is safe for people who are monitoring their sodium intake.
- Potassium, 85 mg: This is a mineral which helps regulate blood pressure levels and improve heart health. Unfortunately, VPX BANG Energy Drink is not a significant source at just two percent of the daily value.
- Total carbohydrate, 0 g: Not only does VPX BANG Energy Drink has zero calories and fats, but it also has zero carbs. Wow. We’re sure it will help complement your low-carb nutrition plan.
- Dietary fiber, 0 g: Too bad this product has no fiber content whatsoever.
- Sugars, 0 g: We like this product’s zero-sugar content. We’re not so keen on the inclusions of sucralose and acesulfame potassium, though – we already pointed out they may produce several side effects.
- Protein, 0 g: That’s fine. You don’t expect an energy booster to be a significant source of protein. On that note, try a protein supplement if you want to get your protein fix.
- Vitamin C, 50 percent DV: A powerful antioxidant which helps ward off the common cold, improve heart health, and regulate blood pressure levels. Fifty percent of the daily value (anything more than 15 percent has a high value) should help you reap all of these benefits and then some.
- Vitamin B6, 25 percent DV: This B vitamin (also known as pyridoxine hydrochloride) helps keep homocysteine levels in check for improved heart health. Awesome.
- Magnesium, 2 percent DV: This mineral helps boost cardiovascular health and strengthen bones and muscles. Unfortunately, VPX BANG Energy Drink is not a significant source at just two percent of the daily value.
- Niacin, 25 percent DV: Also known as vitamin B3, niacin helps improve heart health and joint mobility. Be careful, though: this ingredient may produce “niacin flushing” (a tingling sensation in the face and chest areas) in some people.
- Vitamin B12, 25 percent DV: Also known as cyanocobalamin, vitamin B12 helps improve cardiovascular health and increase energy levels.
The manufacturer claims VPX BANG Energy Drink “is not your stereotypical, high-sugar, life-sucking soda masquerading as an energy drink.”
Well, it’s right.
In fact, we think VPX BANG Energy Drink is a one-of-a-kind energy booster.
Let this one sink in: it’s an energy product with caffeine, BCAAs, creatine, and vitamins and has zero calories, fats, cholesterol, carbs, and sugar.
We stand pat on our claim.
Energy boosters with BCAAs are relatively common in today’s bodybuilding supplement market.
However, when you add creatine and glutamine to the mix (in the form of COVALEX), it makes it all the more unique.
With that, expect VPX BANG Energy Drink to keep you in an anabolic state throughout the day.
We daresay it’s an awesome anabolic energy booster, folks.
As for the caffeine content, well, we already told you it’s a double-edged sword.
VPX BANG Energy Drink has
So, if you’re caffeine-sensitive, better skip this one.
We also like the solid amounts of vitamin C, vitamin B6, niacin (vitamin B3), and vitamin B12.
We guarantee these will not only ramp up your energy levels, but improve your long-term health as well.
Customers have given this product a good reputation overall – they like its energy-boosting prowess.
Of course, convenience also counts – they can drink VPX BANG Energy Drink anywhere they please.
Now, for the chinks.
We already told you about the inclusions of sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda) and acesulfame potassium – two artificial sweeteners with certain side effects.
Just so you know, they’re found in many bodybuilding supplements.
We found another dirty ingredient in potassium sorbate, a potassium salt used as a preservative.
Here are its potential long-term side effects:
- Allergic reactions
- Nutritional deficiencies
On the other hand, VPX BANG Energy Drink’s transparency is confusing, to say the least.
It has no proprietary blends (which is awesome), but the company fails to disclose precise key ingredient amounts – you don’t know how much BCAAs, creatine, COVALEX, vitamins, and minerals you’re consuming.
For that, we give the manufacturer a C for transparency (it did divulge key macronutrient content).
All in all, VPX BANG Energy Drink’s pros still outweigh the cons. Get yours today, folks.
VPX BANG Energy Drink Benefits
After a thorough analysis, we believe VPX BANG Energy Drink will help:
- Increase your energy levels
- Help you remain in an anabolic state
- Provide a convenient source of energy
- Improve long-term health
- Complement your nutrition plan
VPX BANG Energy Drink’s zero-calorie content and impressive nutritional profile will help you achieve all of these goals and then some.
Who Takes It?
The company manufactured VPX BANG Energy Drink for healthy and active individuals over 18 years of age who want to increase energy levels, improve their overall health, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
VPX BANG Energy Drink has several ingredients which may produce certain side effects:
- Caffeine, 357 mg: This amount is equal to more than three cups of coffee. It may produce jittery or spike-crash effects in some individuals.
- Sucralose: May compromise digestion and insulin response.
- Acesulfame potassium: Has the carcinogen methylene chloride.
- Potassium sorbate: May cause itching and abdominal issues.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin), 25 percent DV: May result in “niacin flushing,” a tingling sensation in the face and chest areas.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
VPX BANG Energy Drink Summary
- Impressive ingredients. Rare energy booster with key anabolic ingredients.
- Has BCAAs, creatine, and glutamine. Will help you achieve your muscle-building goals.
- Zero calories, fats, cholesterol, carbs, and sugar. Wow.
- Low-sodium. Just two percent of the daily value.
- Solid vitamin content. At least 25 percent of the daily value for vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin B3, and vitamin B12.
- Good reputation. Customers have given it good ratings online.
- Confusing transparency. No proprietary blends, yet company does not divulge precise key ingredient amounts.
- Fillers. Sucralose, ace-K, and potassium sorbate, to be precise.
- Caffeine content. Has 357 milligrams of caffeine anhydrous per serving.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 12-473-mL Can Bundle (12-Day Supply): $23.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on VPX BANG Energy Drink
Did VPX BANG Energy Drink live up to our expectations?
It sure did.
It’s hard to pass up on a zero-calorie energy drink with impressive anabolic properties and extra vitamin content.
However, its confusing transparency, fillers, and caffeine content made us a bit iffy.
Nonetheless, we recommend you still try VPX BANG Energy Drink.
If all else fails, you can still go back to good ‘ol Red Bull.