Ever heard of a BCAA supplement with enhanced and fast-absorbing amino acid content?
We’re sure these qualities will help improve the benefits tenfold.
Presenting BPI Sports BEST BCAA.
The manufacturer says this product has Oligopeptide-Enzymatic Technology written all over it.
We hope we’ve piqued your interest just enough for another exciting review.
About BPI Sports BEST BCAA
BPI Sports BEST BCAA “is an amino acid supplement that utilizes Oligopeptide-Enzymatic Technology,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Fast-absorbing BCAAs. Courtesy of Oligopeptide-Enzymatic Technology.
- Great taste. One of the tastiest BCAA products on the market.
- Has agmatine. Rare BCAA supplement which has this l-arginine derivative.
BPI Sports BEST BCAA Supplement Facts (Blue Raspberr, 300 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (10 grams)|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Leucine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology™ Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Leucine)||2.5 g||**|
|Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Isoleucine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology™ Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Isoleucine)||1.25 g||**|
|Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Valine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology™ Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Valine)||1.25 g||**|
|CLA MATRIX (Proprietary blend)||1 g||**|
|Safflower Oil (seed), Avocado Oil (fruit), Coconut Oil (fruit), CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid)|
|Agmatine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology™ Agmatine Sulfate)||250 mg||**|
|Ingredients: Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology™ (potassium hydroxide, stearic acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, crospovidone, natural waxes, carboxylic acids, Polyethylene Glycol, dicalcium phosphate), Maltodextrin, citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, malic acid, silica, fiber blend (cellulose gum, xanthan gum, carrageenan gum), sucralose, acesulfame-K, FD&C Blue No. 1.|
|Directions For Best BCAA: Take one (1) serving (1 scoop) blended into 8 oz. of ice cold water, either before, during, or after workout, or as directed by a qualified healthcare practicioner. On non-training days, take one (1) serving (1 scoop) first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, or as directed by a qualified healthcare practicioner.|
Lean Muscle Recovery & Performance
What’s a good way to keep your body in an anabolic or muscle-building state all day long?
Taking BCAA supplements, of course.
Whether you’re into bodybuilding or not, these supplements offer you an impressive arsenal of benefits:
- Help boost protein synthesis
- Torch fat
- Preserve muscle mass
- Maintain hormone balance during exercise
- May increase strength levels
- Ward off fatigue and muscle soreness
- Improve overall health
The good news is you can take a BCAA supplement any time of day. It’s a convenient way of staying fit while filling those nutrition gaps.
Now, let’s see if BPI Sports BEST BCAA is up to the task, folks.
We get the impression this is not your ordinary BCAA supplement.
“BEST BCAA is an amino acid supplement that utilizes Oligopeptide-Enzymatic Technolgy,” per its official website.
“This is a bonded chain of key three amino acids: leucine, isoleucine, and valine which may act as a better transport vehicle for faster absorption,” per the same source.
The manufacturer says “this means a faster and more efficient recovery” for the consumer.
Nice. It all stems from faster absorption.
This is the first bodybuilding product we’ve seen which utilizes Oligopeptide-Enzymatic Technology.
Aside from optimal recovery, the folks at BPI Sports say this kind of technology helps support metabolism and increase muscle mass.
We know that’s what you want to hear.
When you look at the ingredients list of BPI Sports BEST BCAA, you can see each of the three branch-chained amino acids are bonded to glycyl, alanyl, and lysine.
If you’re a keen observer, this is the key to the BCAA content’s fast absorption.
Will that product any detrimental effect to the BCAAs?
We don’t think so.
It’s like a creatine supplement which features, say, creatine hydrochloride as the main ingredient instead of the usual creatine monohydrate (the most efficient and cheapest form of creatine).
The downside of creatine monohydrate is its poor solubility. To make up for this, a manufacturer may use a more soluble form instead.
Imagine potent and enhanced BCAAs with a faster absorption rate helping your body make the transition from a catabolic to an anabolic state.
That’s what BPI Sports BEST BCAA can do for you.
This supplement features a modest 2:1:1 BCAA ratio.
Of course, leucine is at the forefront. This product has 2.5 grams of glycyl-alanyl-lysine-l-leucine per serving.
Whew. It may take us a while to get used to that.
So, this is the manufacturer’s fast-absorbing version of leucine – the most anabolic amino acid.
Leucine helps kickstart the protein synthesis process. It signals the activation of a protein known as mTOR. This is where the muscle-building process begins.
We feel BPI Sports BEST BCAA’s leucine content is just right for a BCAA supplement.
Its 2.5 grams of leucine per serving should be just about right to help keep your muscles in an anabolic state throughout the day.
If you add this supplement to your post-workout shake, it will help you build lean muscle mass.
Next up is 1.25 grams of glycyl-alanyl-lysine l-isoleucine per serving.
This BCAA has several awesome benefits:
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels
- Boosts post-exercise muscle recovery
- Regulates metabolism
- Helps maintain a positive nitrogen balance
- Increases endurance
- Repairs muscle tissue
BPI Sports BEST BCAA’s 1.25 grams per serving should help you in all of these facets.
No doubt about it, folks.
The third BCAA component is 1.25 grams per serving of glycyl-alanyl-lysine-l-valine per serving.
This branch-chained amino acid helps improve sleep quality, suppress appetite, regulate the immune system, repair muscle tissue, and increase endurance.
Again, 1.25 grams of valine per serving will suffice for a BCAA supplement. It should go a long way.
BPI Sports BEST BCAA also has one gram of its CLA MATRIX per serving.
Just so you know, CLA stands for “conjugated linoleic acid,”a fatty acid found in cows, goats, and sheep which has impressive health benefits.
Unfortunately, BPI Sports manufactured its CLA content after chemically altering safflower and sunflower oils.
Thus, some fitness experts deem this CLA content as unhealthy because it’s a by-product of a chemical process.
BPI Sports BEST BCAA’s CLA MATRIX consists of the following components:
- Safflower oil (seed): An oil derived from a thistle-like plant which helps burn fat, regulate blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels, and boost skin health.
- Avocado oil: A popular source of good fats which helps regulate cholesterol levels, boost heart health, improve eye health, increase nutrient uptake.
- Coconut oil: Helps regulate blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels, boost the immune system, and control blood sugar levels.
- CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid): A fatty acid which helps ward off free radicals and improve heart health.
Honestly, these benefits sound too good to be true.
The verdict: BPI Sports BEST BCAA’s CLA MATRIX is a potential double-edged sword.
Plus, the fact it’s a shady proprietary blend (where the manufacturer divulges the entire ingredient blend but doesn’t reveal the individual components) doesn’t help matters.
This product’s CLA MATRIX has a huge question mark hovering above its head.
BPI SPORTS Best BCAA’s final ingredient is 250 milligrams of agmatine (as Oligopeptide-Enzymatic Technology Agmatine Sulfate) per serving.
Long story short, agmatine is a derivative of the popular amino acid l-arginine (an amino acid precursor of nitric oxide).
Agmatine has several impressive benefits:
- Helps increase muscle pumps
- Ramps up energy levels
- Functions as a nootropic, which improves mental clarity and regulate stress levels
- Helps increase satiety levels
This is a rare ingredient, folks. We have yet to see a BCAA supplement which has agmatine.
It seems BPI Sports BEST BCAA is a pioneer in that regard.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Glycyl-alanyl-lysine-l-leucine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Leucine), 2.5 g: BPI Sports BEST BCAA’s own version of potent, fast-absorbing leucine. This is the most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart protein synthesis. We feel 2.5 grams per serving is decent for a BCAA product.
- Glycyl-alanyl-lysine-l-isoleucine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Isoleeucine), 1.25 g: A BCAA which helps regulate blood sugar levels, shorten recovery time, regulate metabolism, increase endurance, repair muscle tissue, and maintain a positive nitrogen balance.
- Glycyl-alanyl-lysine-l-valine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Valine), 1.25 g: A BCAA which helps suppress appetite, boost the immune system, repair muscle tissue, and increase endurance levels.
- Agmatine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology Agmatine Sulfate), 250 mg: A derivative of l-arginine which helps increase muscle pumps and endurance and increase satiety levels. BPI Sports BEST BCAA is one of the rare BCAA supplements which has this ingredient.
CLA MATRIX (Proprietary Blend), 1 g
- Safflower oil (seed): An oil which helps increase fat burning and regulate blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels.
- Avocado oil: A source of good fats which helps regulate cholesterol levels, improve cardiovascular and ocular health, and boost nutrient absorption.
- Coconut oil: An oil which helps regulate blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels. It also helps regulate the immune system.
- CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid): A fatty acid which helps stop radicals dead in their tracks and improve cardiovascular health.
We’ll tell you this much, folks: Many customers have raved about BPI Sports BEST BCAA.
They say it works. Period.
Yes, BPI SPORTS BEST BCAA has some upsides. However, it also has some huge question marks.
Okay, let’s start with the upsides.
We think this supplement’s highly-touted Oligopeptide-Enzymatic Technology is great – it helps boost the absorption of the three BCAAs for faster results.
That’s always a major plus.
As for the 2:1:1 BCAA ratio, it’s decent for a BCAA supplement. You don’t expect a 4:1:1 BCAA ratio from this kind of product line.
When your BCAA product give you a good ratio of leucine (2.5 grams per serving) to isoleucine (1.25 grams per serving) and valine (1.25 grams per serving), good things happen.
Increase muscle protein synthesis, more fat burning, and decreased fatigue and muscle soreness, for instance.
Just about every bodybuilding product has a unique selling point. BPI Sports BEST BCAA is no different, folks.
Like we said, it’s one of the rare BCAA supplements which has agmatine, a derivative of l-arginine.
Get ready for more muscle pumps and increased endurance.
Hey, 250 milligrams per serving won’t blow the competition out of the water, but it’ll help.
Many customers also swear by this product’s taste. They say it’s one of the best in the business.
Now, for the downsides.
At first glance, BPI Sports BEST BCAA’s CLA MATRIX may have some attractive health benefits, but it, too, has question marks.
After all, who would want ingredients which are possible by-products of a chemical process?
Plus, the CLA studies involving human subjects aren’t extensive to come to earth-shattering conclusions.
Not only that, BPI Sports BEST BCAA’s CLA MATRIX is a shady proprietary blend.
For that, we will dock points for poor transparency.
Did you also notice this supplement has several dirty ingredients?
For one, it has carrageenan. It’s an additive which has carcinogenic properties. Beware.
Notice BPI Sports BEST BCAA also has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which has several side effects.
Oh, and this product’s Blue Raspberry flavor has FD&C Blue No. 1, an artificial food color which also has side effects.
All in all, it seems BPI Sports BEST BCAA is as tainted as it its potent. Not good.
BPI Sports BEST BCAA Benefits
BPI Sports BEST BCAA “supports the decrease of protein catabolism, or breakdown of protein, for preserving lean muscle mass,” per its official website.
Plus, “The Oligopeptide-Enzymatic Technology takes the three amino acids, concentrates them, and bonds them together to maximize muscle recovery, lean muscle building, and enhanced onset time (which means it kicks in faster!),” per the same source.
Who Takes It?
BPI Sports BEST BCAA is intended for healthy and active individuals who want to increase lean muscle mass, boost protein synthesis, lose fat, increase endurance, ward off fatigue, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
BPI Sports BEST BCAA contains several questionable ingredients such as carrageenan, sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), and FD&C Blue No. 1 (for the Blue Raspberry flavor), which have certain side effects, like we mentioned.
If these, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
BPI Sports BEST BCAA Summary
- Fast-absorbing BCAAs. Thanks to potent Oligopeptide-Enzymatic Technology.
- 2:1:1 BCAA ratio. For increased protein synthesis and energy.
- Has agmatine. Derivative of l-arginine for increased muscle pumps.
- Good reputation. Customers say it works for them.
- Great taste. One of the tastier BCAA products on the market.
- CLA MATRIX. Potential double-edged sword which is also a proprietary blend. Boo.
- Dirty ingredients. Carrageenan, sucralose, and artificial food colorings. Thumbs down.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 300-gram Bottle (30-Day Supply): $32.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Supplement Name
We told you BPI Sports BEST BCAA is a product which has a good reputation among customers.
Of course, we attribute this to the enhanced BCAA content, rare agmatine content, and great taste.
However, there’s more to this product than meets the eye.
More specifically, we’re talking about the shady proprietary blend and dirty ingredients.
Ergo, BPI Sports BEST BCAA is not the best in the business. In fact, it has too many question marks for our liking.
You can still try this product, but your best bet is to go for a cleaner BCAA formula for long-term health benefits.