Do you really need testosterone if you can simulate the effects of testosterone?
Is that even possible?
Hard to say, but that seems to be the approach taken by T-Strong, a “Pro-Male Activator” that opts for muscle & sex enhancers rather than bona fide, ball-dropping T-boosters. After all, why join the race when you can simply skip to the finish line?
Let’s see how this approach works (if it works) in the review.
Manufactured by Applied Nutrition, T-Strong is a “Pro-Male Activator” centered on the one-&-only Tongkat Ali, patented as the potent LJ100 extract. Not a bad T-booster but is that as far as the T-boosts go? Formula notes:
- LJ100® Extract: Tongkat Ali supports “free” T levels, reduces catabolic stress hormone cortisol, and spikes libido, covering several aspects of physical & sexual male health.
- Pro-Male Blend: It’s a proprietary blend, which is bleh, but it’s a decent prop blend, stacking up quality herbal extracts & performance enhancing compounds.
- Junky Tabs: The “Other Ingredients” count outweighs the actual ingredients. Not a good sign.
T-Strong Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Tablets
Servings Per Container: 12
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Zinc (as Zinc Citrate)||30 mg (200% DV)|
|Copper (as Copper Citrate)||2 mg (100% DV)|
|Pro-Male Blend||940 mg|
|Tribulus extract (40% saponins)(aerial), L-Arginine (as L-Arginine Hydrochloride), L-Citrulline, Asian Ginseng extract (80% ginsenosides)(root), Beta Sitosterols, CoQ10|
|LJ100® Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) extract (40% glycosaponins and 22% eurypeptides)(root)||100 mg|
Microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate anhydrous, calcium carbonate, croscarmellose sodium, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, gum arabic, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, dextrose, soy lecithin, sodium citrate and dextrin.
(Adult) Take two (2) tablets daily with a meal.
T-Strong is certainly Pro-Male, albeit in a non-hormonal sense of “male.”
Tribulus, L-Arginine, Ginseng — these ingredients are great for male health but don’t seem to do much for actual-factual testosterone levels. Yet, T-Strong does have its T-boosts, starting with:
- Zinc Citrate – #2 on our BIG List, directly involved in T-synthesis.
- Copper Citrate – To replace the copper lost at the expense of Zinc supplementation.
In terms of absorption & quality, citrate is the proper form for these mineral. But what about the remaining ingredients locked away in T-Strong’s proprietary blend? Let’s check them out:
Pro-Male Blend, 940 mg
T-Strong goes the proprietary blend, effectively hiding the individual ingredient dosages of the 6 ingredients in this blend. It’s annoying, yet given the potential 156.7 mg per ingredient average it could be much, much worse. Especially for these potent herbal extracts (& compounds):
- Tribulus Extract – More sex- than T-booster, at a potent 40% saponins extract.
- L-Arginine – N.O. boosting amino compound, popular in PWO supplements.
- L-Citrulline – Even better N.O. boosting compound, metabolizes into arginine.
- Asian Ginseng Extract – Herbal equalizer, energizes & relaxes the body.
- Beta Sitosterols – Inhibits 5-alpha reductase conversion of T to DHT.
- CoQ10 – Critical role in mitochondrial energy production.
Altogether, we’re seeing more energy boosts than testosterone promotion. Not bad for prime male performance. But not a testosterone boosting blend.
LJ100 Tongkat Ali, 100 mg
Otherwise known as “Stick of Man” (punny innuendo intended), Tongkat Ali makes the headlines for its sex-enhancing, libido-boosting abilities, yet earns serious praise for its hormone support, specifically:
- Testosterone – Via inhibition of sex hormone-binding globulin
- Cortisol – Reducing catabolic stress hormones for big muscle
- Human Growth Hormone – For even BIGGER muscles
T-Strong does us a solid by supplying a potent patented extract (LJ100®) of TA, rather than the plain powdery stuff.
The emphasis on “TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER” in T-Strong’s name is a bit disingenuous:
T-Strong is a sex enhancer first, T-booster second.
Or rather it’s a much more effective sex enhancer than it is a T-booster, which still qualifies the supplement as “Pro-Male Activator” yet may disappoint older gents looking to legitimately correct low testosterone activity. Having said that, T-Strong is still a very impressive formula for a few key features:
- The ingredients are all potent & top quality.
- The Tongkat Ali is a well-researched extract.
- The price is almost absurdly affordable.
Typically, you have to pay top dollar for these top extracts. T-Strong charges only $0.46 per tablet, or $0.92 per serving, which is a steal of a deal in the testosterone boosting market.
Does this price come with a catch?
Sure — the obvious let-down being the quality of the tablets themselves: They’re junky, mixing 13 additives in the manufacturing process. (Compare that to the formula’s 9 actual ingredients.) Magnesium Stearate alone has been shown to significantly decrease nutrient absorption, potentially countering the potency of T-Strong’s potent boosters.
Even so, for the quality & price of T-Strong’s formula, this is an undeniably valuable product.
So what is the exact benefit advertised by this company?
[T-Strong] supports healthy testosterone and addresses the decrease in sexual function associated with aging.”
Essentially, T-Strong focuses on the sexual aspect of healthy testosterone levels, evidenced by their choice in Tongkat Ali, one of the premier libido boosting T-boosters — particularly for the more matoorly aged men. Although, sex isn’t the only benefit of this formula, as what enhances sex usually enhances athletic performance as well.
Who Takes It?
Men of All Ages. Or at least that’s the claim made by Applied Nutrition, who then associate T-Strong with age-related sexual decreases. What do we think? T-Strong may help the energy levels of men of all ages, however older men will benefit best by this formula with regards to testosterone support.
Any Side Effects?
Nada. The customer reviews indicate no serious risk of side effects, nor does the ingredient profile. On that note, men with cardiovascular issues might be affected by Arginine/Citrulline’s cardio effects, namely if they’re supplementing other products (e.g. PWO) that contains vasodilators.
- Potent Extracts. Tribulus, Longjack, Ginseng all delivered as bioactive extracts.
- Zinc. The only Best5 favorite in this formula, supplied in the proper citrate form.
- Affordable. Not the best serving count but wayyy cheap for this quality.
- T-Weak. Testosterone is a secondary concern to libido & sex.
- Prop Blend. 2/3rds of the formula is hidden behind a proprietary blend!
- Junk Tablets. The “Other Ingredients” list is longer than the actual ingredients’.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (12 days): $11.69
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on T-Strong
T-Strong is ironically weak on the T boosts, yet great for physical & sexual performance, edging into PWO territory with its circulatory benefits. While we wouldn’t recommend this product for hormonally charged gains, we view T-Strong as an effective male sex-enhancer with the upshot of freeing a little T on the side.