By now, you may be sick and tired of all the confusion when buying protein supplements.
We can’t blame you. Today’s manufacturers try to deceive you with a ton of ingredients masquerading as fillers and dirty ingredients. You have to be a savvy consumer. No question about it.
Enter Axis Labs Muscle Delight.
Our first impression: This is one of the simplest protein supplement reviews we’ve done in quite some time, folks. It gets better from here on out, as you will see in this review.
About Axis Labs Muscle Delight
The manufacturer dubs Axis Labs Muscle Delight as a “perfect choice” for those who are on a low-carb diet and want to build serious muscle mass with its whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate blend. Formula notes:
- Twenty-four grams of protein per serving. Combination of whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate.
- Delicious S’mores flavor. One of the best of its kind ever.
- Comes in four flavors. Chocolate Cake, French Toast, S’mores, and Vanilla Ice Cream.
Axis Labs Muscle Delight Supplement Facts (Chocolate Cake, 2 lbs.)
Serving Size 1 Scoop (32g)
Servings Per Container 28
|Amount Per Serving / % Daily Values|
|Calories From Fat||15|
|Total Fat||2 g 3%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g 5%|
|Cholesterol||50 mg 17%|
|Sodium||110 mg 5%|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g 1%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g 4%|
|Sugars||2 g †|
|Protein||24 g 48%|
|Calcium||139 mg 14%|
Ingredients: Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Cocoa Powder (alkalized), Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, Salt, Acesulfame-K
Directions For Muscle Delight: As a dietary supplement, mix one (1) level scoop of Axis Labs® Muscle Delight™ with 5-6 ounces of water or milk. Stir, shake or blend until dissolved. Enjoy right away! For optimal results, combine Axis Labs® Muscle Delight™ and high protein foods to consume one (1) gram of protein per pound of body weight daily. Interlace protein shakes and food, divided into 4-6 light meals throughout the day. Keep stored in a cool, dry place.
Delight Your Muscles With This Protein
The moment we laid our eyes on Axis Labs Muscle Delight, the first word that crossed our minds was “simplicity.”
Axis Labs Muscle Delight emphasizes the importance of whey protein “in building muscle mass” and living “a healthy lifestyle,” per its official website.
This product’s 24 grams of protein per serving is a blend which has “all the essential amino acids needed daily to promote serious lean muscle growth,” per Axis Labs.
Doesn’t get any more simple than that, does it?
Twenty-four grams of protein per serving is a decent amount, folks. Protein supplements normally have 20 to 25 grams on average, so we’ll take this. In fact, Axis Labs Muscle Delight trumps the likes of MyProtein Impact Whey Protein (one of the industry leaders), which has only 20 grams of protein per scoop.
That’s good news for bodybuilding enthusiasts everywhere.
Far too many manufacturers resort to fancy ingredients to impress (not to mention befuddle) consumers. Not Axis Labs. The protein blend is composed of whey protein concentrate (WPC) and whey protein isolate (WPI).
When you get a combo of WPC and WPI, you get protein with a high level of amino acids, which include glutamine and BCAAs. Glutamine helps preserve muscle mass and increase growth hormone levels.
On the other hand, BCAAs kickstart the protein synthesis process (especially leucine) and help amp up your energy levels.
What’s not to like?
Your muscles absorb both WPC and WPI rapidly (although the latter’s absoprtion rate is faster due to its processed nature), which is crucial after a hard workout.
You need instant replenishment to offset the stress and damage you put your muscles through. Axis Labs Muscle Delight helps you in this regard.
Aside from rapid absoprtion, both WPC and WPI mix very well (unless the manufacturer throws in additional ingredients which affect mixing). After trying this product, we say it has good solubility – a few shakes is all you need to whip up that powerhouse shake.
The good thing about having WPC and WPI in a supplement is both help negate the shortcomings of the other.
For instance, the microfiltration process WPI goes through lowers the carb and fat content considerably. Needless to say, it is the preferred choice of individuals who want to build lean muscle mass. It is also the safer option for those who are lactose intolerant.
However, WPI tends to taste a bit on the bitter side. The good news? WPC is bigger on flavor. It helps please your taste buds, folks.
Speaking of which, Axis Labs Muscle Delight packs a powerful punch in terms of taste. It could give the likes of BSN SYNTHA-6 and Dymatize ISO100 a run for their money.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 2 g: Axis Labs Muscle Delight is an ideal low-fat protein supplement for those who want to build lean muscle mass. You’d expect this much fat per serving with the presence of whey protein concentrate.
- Cholesterol, 50 mg: Fifty milligrams of cholesterol per serving may not seem a lot at first. However, if you’re conscious about a certain nutrient, pay attention to the “% Daily Values” column of the ingredients section. Anything more than five percent may be excessive. Having said that, we have no doubt Axis Labs Muscle Delight is a high-cholesterol supplement at 17 percent the daily value. We advise those with cardiovascular issues to check with their doctor first.
- Sodium, 110 mg: At just five percent the daily value for sodium, this product is safe for those with high blood pressure or cardiovascular concerns. Just make sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommended usage.
- Total carbohydrate, 3 g: You’d expect a supplement with whey protein concentrate to have two to three grams of carbs per serving. Axis Labs Muscle Delight is still considered a low-carb product with a daily value amount of just one percent. Sugar is kept in check at just two grams per scoop.
If you’ve ever wanted a simple supplement which packs a decent protein punch, Axis Labs Muscle Delight is the product for you.
This supplement has 24 grams of protein per serving – a good amount considering some industry leaders have less (they compensate by including first-rate ingredients with no proprietary blends).
The protein blend is as simple as it gets: A combination of whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate. You’re sure to build muscle mass and boost recovery, folks.
Taste-wise, Axis Labs Muscle Delight is a good choice – its S’mores and French Toast could give other supplements a run for their money.
On this note, we wish the manufacturer used a more potent, plant-based sweetener such as stevia (which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels).
With just four flavors and one size (two-lb. container) avaiable, we hope Axis Labs Muscle Delight would offer more variety in the future.
This product’s other pluses include its low calorie, carb, and sodium content. Plus, it is also a decent source of calcium at 14 percent the daily value.
The simplicity of the ingredients tells you right off the bat there are no proprietary blends and fillers. The manufacturer also displays great transparency. Awesome.
Just about the only chink in this product’s armor is the high cholesterol content. If you are monitoring your cholesterol levels, we urge you to ask your physician’s advice.
Axis Labs Muscle Delight Benefits
The manufacturer enumerates the benefits of Axis Labs Muscle Delight:
- High amino acid content
- No amino spiking
- Twenty-eight (28) servings per container
- Twenty-four (24) grams of protein per scoop
- Great solubility
Who Takes It?
Axis Labs Muscle Delight is intended for athletes and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to build muscle mass, boost recovery, and meet their daily protein requirements.
Any Side Effects?
Axis Labs Muscle Delight has no glaring side effects. Like we already pointed out, you should consult a doctor if you are monitoring your cholesterol levels as this product has 17 percent of this nutrient’s daily value.
The manufacturer also warns pregnant women and those who are allergic to soy to take heed:
Axis Labs Muscle Delight Summary
- Twenty-four grams of protein per serving. Helps build lean muscle mass.
- Good taste. The S’mores flavor is one of the best ever.
- Low-fat, Low-carb, and low-sodium. Says it all, folks.
- Good source of calcium. Fourteen percent the daily value for this mineral.
- No fillers and proprietary blends. Simple ingredients all around.
- High cholesterol content. Consult a doctor if you’re monitoring your cholesterol levels.
- Lack of variety. Comes in just four flavors and one container size.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 2-lb. container (28-Day Supply): $35.00
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Axis Labs Muscle Delight
Let’s be frank: Simplicity is a key in winning the hearts of consumers. We’re happy to report it’s one of the key traints of Axis Labs Muscle Delight.
With 24 grams of protein per serving and its low fat and carb content, this product will help you achieve your fitness goals, whatever they may be. The only ingredient-related concern we have is its somewhat high cholesterol content.
All in all, Axis Labs Muscle Delight is an awesome supplement to add to your stack. If the manufacturer would offer more variety (flavors and serving sizes) in the future, it would even be more awesome.