How about trying a potent post-workout supplement from the United Kingdom for a change?
This should be interesting, to say the least.
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Bulk Powders AFTERMATH.
This product has caught the UK by storm. We see no reason why it couldn’t do the same thing in your neck of the woods.
Buckle up for another exciting review.
About Bulk Powders AFTERMATH
Bulk Powders AFTERMATH “is, quite simply, the UK’s very best All-In-One Supplement,” per its official website. “Its superior array of ingredients makes AFTERMATH an unbeatable choice for a post-workout drink,” per the same source. Formula notes:
- Unique ingredient combo. WPC, WPI, leucine, Vitargo, Creapure, glutamine peptides, and HMB.
- Reasonable price.$49.68 for a 2.1-kg. (4.6-lb.) container.
- Lackluster leucine content. 1.5 grams per scoop. Many post-workouts have more.
Bulk Powders AFTERMATH Supplement Facts (Double Chocolate, 2.1 kg.)
|Serving Size: 2 Scoops (70 g)
Servings Per Container: 30
|NUTRITION||PER 70g (Serving)||PER 100g|
|of which saturates||1.4g||2g|
|of which sugars||0.7g||1g|
|INGREDIENTS: mTOR Protein Complex™ (Whey Protein Isolate (Milk, Soya), Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk, Soya), Leucine), Vitargo®, Creatine Monohydrate (Creapure®), Glutamine Peptides (Gluten), Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methylbutyrate (HMB), Cocoa Powder (Chocolate flavours only), Flavouring, Natural Colouring (Beetroot Red – Strawberry; Beta Carotene), Instantising Agent (Soya Lecithin), Sweetener (Sucralose).|
|DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Mix 2 heaped scoops (70g) with 350ml water in a shaker bottle. Consume 1 serving per day: on training days, consume 1 serving immediately post-training; on non-training days, consume 1 serving at any point during the day.|
The UK’s Best All-In-One Supplement
Don’t you find bodybuilding supplement names associated with natural disasters amusing?
Take, for example, Myogenix AfterShock, a solid post-workout.
Or how about Cyclo Test, a t-booster B5 dubbed a “Yellow Cyclone?”
Now, make way for Bulk Powders AFTERMATH, a post-workout the manufacturer dubbed “The UK’s Best All-In-One Supplement.”
One look at the ingredients list, and you can tell that statement carries a lot of weight.
“The superior array of nutrients makes AFTERMATH an unbeatable choice for a post-workout drink. This world-leading formula, combined with gourmet taste and rigorous independent banned substance testing, really does create the best All-In-One possible,” per Bulk Powders’ official website.
If a combination of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, leucine, Vitargo, Creapure, glutamine peptides, and HMB don’t grab you, nothing will.
The focal point of Bulked Powders AFTERMATH is 40 grams of its mTOR Protein Complex per serving (two scoops).
This is “a blend of Pure Whey Isolate 90 and Pure Whey Protein as well as three grams of leucine, an important amino acid for stimulating protein synthesis and therefore muscle growth,” per the company’s website.
If you’re a fitness enthusiast, you should know what mTOR means.
It is “a key regulatory protein that signals for cell growth through the creation of new proteins,” per the Huffines Institute for Sports Medicine & Human Performance’s Kevin Shimkus.
Simply put, Shimkus is saying the more mTOR a particular cell has, the bigger the ability to build more protein.
Think about what that can do for your muscles, folks.
Take it from the name itself: Bulk Powders AFTERMATH’s mTOR Protein Complex should help you in that regard.
This product has both fast-absorbing whey protein concentrate (WPC) and whey protein isolate (WPI), a common combination you find in many protein powders.
The former is the less pure form of protein (around 80 to 85 percent) and has more fats and carbs.
Nonetheless, WPC has more immune-boosting immunoglobulins, is bigger on taste, and is cheaper than its WPI counterpart.
On the other hand, WPI is the purer form of protein (at least 90 percent) and has less fats and carbs.
We already said it: the upsides of WPC are WPI’s downsides.
The good news: since they’re both in Bulk Powders Aftermath, they complement one another for your benefit.
And besides, whey protein – regardless of the classification – helps amp up your glutathione levels.
Just so you know, glutathione is a potent antioxidant which helps ward off free radicals.
To boost your muscle-building aspirations further, Bulk Powders AFTERMATH has three grams of leucine – the most anabolic amino acid – per serving.
Most post-workouts have leucine. Since your body enters a catabolic state after your last rep at the gym, you need to make the transition into an anabolic state.
That’s where leucine comes in – it helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis for more muscle growth.
No leucine, no muscle. Period.
Leucine is not just an anabolic amino acid. It also helps preserve muscle mass.
Plus, the latest research reveals leucine helps you lean out by triggering the release of an appetite-suppressing hormone from the hypothalamus in your brain.
In our opinion, three grams per two scoops is so-so. Do the math, and that results in 1.5 grams of leucine per serving.
Compare that to Jacked Factory POWERBUILD, a post-workout which has four grams of leucine per serving.
Next up is 21.7 grams of carbs per two servings, mostly coming from Vitargo, a by-product of barley.
The manufacturer dubs this “the world’s most effective sports carbohydrate,” per its official website.
Vitargo’s website claims your system absorbs this carbohydrate faster than glucose, waxy maize, maltodextrine, and sucrose (which is also found in Bulk Powders AFTERMATH).
In fact, the same source says,“Clinical studies also prove that Vitargo replenished glycogen levels 68 percent faster which allowed for an increase in performance of up to 23 percent after just two hours of consumption!”
Many consumers swear by Vitargo’s post-workout benefits. However, there’s a downside: the price.
Vitargo is two to three times more expensive than the aforementioned forms of post-workout carbohydrate.
Bulk Powders Aftermath also has five grams of creatine monohydrate (Creapure) per serving.
We’ve raved about Creapure in our past reviews, and we won’t stop now – it’s a top-notch German brand which produces fantastic results.
Here are some of creatine’s benefits:
- Increases muscle mass and athletic performance
- Helps amp up anaerobic and aerobic endurance
- Boosts brain health
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels
In addition, creatine monohydrate is the cheapest and most effective form of creatine.
Okay, so that offsets the cost of Vitargo somewhat.
This product also has five grams of glutamine peptides per serving.
Glutamine peptides are glutamine molecules fused to amino acids. This helps stabilize glutamine in your system after consumption.
And why not? Just like creatine, glutamine is another post-workout Jack of all trades:
- Helps preserve muscle mass
- Increases human growth hormone (HGH) levels
- Boosts the immune and digestive systems
- Helps ward off free radicals ‘
- Improves athletic performance
Although five grams of glutamine per two scoops is not optimal, we feel this amount will help you achieve your post-workout goals.
Now, as common as creatine, glutamine, BCAAs, betaine anhydrous, and beta-alanine are in post-workouts, HMB (beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutyrate) is just as rare.
Good thing it’s in Bulk Powders AFTERMATH – 1.5 grams per serving, to be precise.
HMB’s main benefit lies in its ability to prevent muscle protein breakdown. It also helps increase strength and muscle growth.
Give it some thought, if you will: Bulk Powders AFTERMATH has mTOR, whey protein, creatine monohydrate, and leucine, which help build muscle.
On the other hand, it also has glutamine and HMB which helps preserve muscle.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Energy kcal/kJ, 226/113: The United Kingdom follows the metric system. “Kcal” refers to energy consumed during exercise. In this case, it’s 226 kcal per serving. On the other hand, “kJ” refers to kilojoule, a unit of measurement for energy expended during exercise. When you consume Bulk Powders AFTERMATH, you expend 113 kilojoules per serving during training.
- Fats, 2.1 g: Based on our computation, Bulk Powders AFTERMATH has three percent of the daily value for fats, which is not significant at all (anything less than five percent of the DV is considered low).
- Saturated fat, 1.4 g: This product has a measly two percent of the daily value for saturated fats, which is quite low.
- Carbohydrates, 21.7 g: Bulk Powders AFTERMATH has seven percent of the daily value for carbs, which isn’t high (as a reference point, anything more than 15 percent of the daily value is considered high).
- Sugars, 0.7 g: This supplement has low sugar content (0.35 grams per scoop). Too bad the manufacturer used sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda, an artificial sweetener which has been linked to obesity and other side effects).
- Fibre, Nil: Just to make things clear, that was the British spelling of “fiber.” Bulk Powders AFTERMATH has no fiber content whatsoever. Zilch.
- Protein, 40 g: This is where it gets interesting, folks. Bulk Powders AFTERMATH has a whopping 80 percent of the daily value for protein, making it a tremendous source of this macronutrient. Muscle up, anyone?
- Salt, 0.31 g: Our computation reveals Bulk Powders AFTERMATH has 13 percent of the daily value for sodium, which is borderline high. As a precautionary measure, those who are monitoring their sodium intake are better off purchasing something else.
- Creatine monohydrate (Creapure), 5 g: 2.5 grams of Creapure per scoop? Not bad, considering Creapure is a top-notch German brand of creatine monohydrate.
- Glutamine peptides, 5 g: When you bond glutamine to amino acids, it stays in your system longer. That’s what glutamine peptides are all about. In our opinion, five grams per serving will go a long way.
- Leucine, 3 g: We think 1.5 grams per scoop of leucine is mediocre. It could have been more, considering some post-workouts have as much as four grams per serving.
- HMB, 1.5 g: This ingredient is a safety net in terms of muscle preservation, if you will. It’s not common in post-workout supplements. Good thing it’s in Bulk Powders AFTERMATH.
In the beginning, we said one look at Bulk Powders AFTERMATH’s ingredients make you believe it is “The UK’s Best All-In-One Supplement.”
We stand by our claim.
In a post-workout era where creatine, glutamine, BCAAs, betaine anhydrous, and beta-alanine rule, the combination of WPI, WPC, leucine, Vitargo, Creapure, glutamine peptides, and HMB is unique and tough to beat.
In fact, we believe Bulk Powders AFTERMATH’s mTOR Protein Blend can give today’s traditional post-workout ingredients a run for their money.
It bears repeating: WPI, WPC, creatine, and leucine will build your muscles. Glutamine and HMB complete the process by preserving them.
Throw in a big-name and fast-absorbing carb source in Vitargo, and you’ve got it made, folks.
We also like the inclusions of natural food colorings such as beetroot red (which helps regulate blood pressure levels) and beta carotene (a precursor of Vitamin A, which helps boost eye health).
We can only wish bodybuilding supplement manufacturers which resort to artificial food colorings such as FD&C Red No. 40 take heed.
Other pluses: Bulk Powders AFTERMATH is low in fats, carbs, and sugars. Awesome.
In terms of product transparency, we give the manufacturer an A+. The company accounts for all of the ingredients. No proprietary blends whatsoever. Bravo.
Unfortunately, Bulk Powders AFTERMATH has a few chinks.
First is the mediocre leucine content of 1.5 grams per scoop (three grams per two-scoop serving). Like we said, many – and we mean many – other post-workouts have more leucine content.
Next up is the rather high salt content. It’s one thing to include salt content which helps prevent your muscles from cramping up. It’s a different thing when the salt content is about to make your blood pressure levels shoot up.
This product’s 13 percent of the daily value for sodium is borderline high – best for those monitoring their sodium intake to consume something else.
Bulk Powders AFTERMATH also has a dirty ingredient in sucralose (Splenda). It has been linked to obesity and other side effects.
Bulk Powders AFTERMATH Benefits
Bulk Powders AFTERMATH has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Hailed as the UK’s Best All-In-One Supplement
- Forty grams of protein per serving
- Has Vitargo, Creapure, glutamine peptides, leucine, and HMB
- Banned-substance tested
We agree with all of these claims. Bulk Powders AFTERMATH is a versatile and well-rounded post-workout which will help you achieve your fitness goals.
Who Takes It?
Bulk Powders AFTERMATH is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 16 years of age who want to build muscle mass, shorten recovery time, increase endurance, preserve muscle, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
While Bulk Powders AFTERMATH has no glaring side effects, we encourage those who are monitoring their sodium intake to consult their physicians before purchasing, alluding to the 13 percent of the daily value for this nutrient.
This product also has sucralose or Splenda, an artificial sweetener which has been linked to obesity and the like.
Finally, the manufacturer issues a guidance or warning:
Bulk Powders AFTERMATH Summary
- Unique ingredient combo. WPI, WPC, leucine, Vitargo, Creapure, glutamine peptides, and HMB.
- Forty grams of protein per serving. Equal to an impressive 80 percent of the daily value.
- Twenty-one grams of Vitargo per serving. Top-notch and fast-absorbing post-workout carbohydrate.
- Five grams of Creapure per serving. High-quality German brand of creatine monohydrate.
- Five grams of glutamine peptides per serving. Form of glutamine which stays in your system longer.
- Low in fats, carbs, and sugars. Need we say more?
- Excellent transparency. Manufacturer lists all of the ingredient amounts.
- Good reputation. Product has earned stellar reviews from consumers online.
- Reasonable price. $49.68 for a 2.1-kg. (4.6-lb.) container.
- Mediocre leucine content. Just 1.5 grams per scoop. Could have been more.
- Borderline high salt content. Thirteen percent of the daily value.
- Has sucralose. A.K.A Splenda, which has been linked to obesity and other side effects.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 2.1-kg (4.6-lb.) Container (30-Day Supply): $49.68
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Bulk Powders AFTERMATH
Bulk Powders AFTERMATH has made quite an impression on us.
We like the unique ingredient combo – we believe it will help you replenish and prepare for your next workout session.
We also like the 40 grams of protein per serving and the low amounts of fats, sugars, and carbs.
To even things out, this product’s salt and leucine content and the inclusion of a dirty ingredient (Splenda) left us scratching our heads.
Nonetheless, the pros outweigh the cons – Bulk Powders AFTERMATH is still the UK’s best All-In-One Supplement. We recommend you buy it and reap its benefits.
Bulk Powders AFTERMATH has conquered the UK, but is it ready to conquer the world?
Not just yet.