To sex or not to sex…
Is not the question.
That is never the question, regardless of your age, if you’re a man, because there’s typically only one answer: Yes. It’s the way we’re programmed. And even when our wires fray and our hard drive slogs, our program still demands we say Yes to Sex.
This is why we have male nutrition supplements like Testron SX, to keep our systems up-to-date with the program. But is this product necessarily good for our systems?
Check out the review:
About Testron SX
Manufactured by Nutraceutics, Testron SX is billed as a “Maximum Male Support” testosterone boosting supplement. The truth? Testron SX is definitely a male supporter, but the question of testosterone remains unanswered. Formula notes:
- Tribulus Terrestris: Most of Testron SX’s power comes from a manly supply of Tribulus, a powerful, natural sex enhancer.
- Prop Blend: The rest of the formula is hidden in a proprietary blend, hiding the individual dosages of each ingredient. Meh…
- Affordable: If you leave this review on the fence, the price is reasonable enough to at least give the product a try for 30 days.
Testron SX Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Caplets|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Calcium||35 mg (4% DV)|
|Tribulus extract (Tribulus terrestris L (aerial part)) over 45% steroidal saponins||750 mg|
|TSX blend||1050 mg|
|Sarsaparilla (Smilex medica (root))||**|
|Proteusterone® (Dioscorea villose (root))||**|
|Oatstraw extract (Avena sativa (herb))||**|
|Muira Puama extract (Ptychopetalum olacoides (woods and roots))||**|
|Nettle extract (Urtica dioica (root))||**|
|L-Leucine hydrochloride||50 mg|
|Ginger extract (Zingiberis officinale (rhizomes))||5 mg|
Magnesium stearate, calcium carbonate, croscarmellose sodium, MCC, silica, methocell.
Take 1 caplet both morning and night. An additional caplet may be taken 1 hour before sexual activity or exercise. Do not exceed six caplets per day.
Testron SX packs a ton of Tribulus (not literally a ton) with a ton of sex enhancers (again, not literally).
And it enhances sex by boosting T, right? That is, after all, why we’re all here: To review Testron SX on its test boosting abilities.
Well, sit down, because we have some bad news. And a little bit of good news, too.
But first, let’s go over the ingredients:
Tribulus Terrestris, 750 mg
The leading testosterone booster in this testosterone booster is not a testosterone booster. Tribulus Terrestris is more sex enhancer than anything, which explains its popularity in male health supplements.
A healthy libido is often taken as a sign of healthy T levels.
Tribulus does wonders at supporting this illusion in Testron SX, which is why it’s seemingly so popular in T-boosters. Having said that, Tribulus is still a great herb for male health, sexual & physical, but we’d recommend against relying on it for testosterone.
TSX Blend, 1050 mg
Similar to Tribulus Terrestris, the TSX Blend is more sex-enhancer than T-booster. In fact there’s only one identifiable testosterone booster in this blend, and it’s prioritized near the bottom of the list, giving it a lower dosage than most ingredients in this formula.
In order, the TSX Blend ingredients are:
- Sarsaparilla. Largely viewed as a natural aphrodisiac, doesn’t seem to do much for testosterone or male hormones.
- Proteusterone® (Dioscorea villosa). May have similar effects to natural steroid DHEA, but it’s far too under-researched for us to grade.
- Oatstraw Extract. Potential sex enhancer for its circulatory benefits, but we dig this plant’s nootropic bio-effects more than its physical effects.
- Muira Puama. Lacks human studies, long valued as a sex enhancer with decent cognitive enhancing abilities as well.
- Nettle Extract. Hell ya, FINALLY some action! Nettle doesn’t have the BIGGEST T-boosts, but research indicates it helps liberate T from aromatization, the process of converting T to estrogen.
The remaining two ingredients, L-Leucine & Ginger Extract, are nothing to get too excited over. The former is a great BCAA (at higher dosages) and the latter may help with nutrient absorption, which is groovy for this formula’s overall bio-availability.
Testron SX celebrates the funnest (most FUN*) aspect of testosterone–SEX–without paying much attention to the hormone itself. Which wouldn’t be much of an issue if Testron SX billed itself as a libido booster instead of a bona fide testosterone booster.
Of the formula’s nine ingredients, only one herb sufficiently qualifies as a testosterone booster: Nettle Extract. And its low priority in the TSX Blend, and thus low relatively dosage, speaks lowly of Testron SX’s T-boosting power.
Having said that, you’ll likely enjoy this product all the same for its HEFTY supply of Tribulus (750 mg), which essentially makes men feel more menly.
Testron SX’s directions recommend taking a caplet in the morning and a caplet one hour before physical or sexual activity. This makes sense as most of Testron SX’s value is going to express itself in the gym or in the bed.
But, unfortunately, not so much on your T count.
Testron SX Benefits
Testron SX’s benefit claims include:
- Support Testosterone Output
- Increase Strength
Based on the ingredients and research, Testron SX might mildly improve testosterone output, possibly increasing strength. But, like we’ve been saying, the benefits are more sexual than anabolic. Check out a ZMA/Fenugreek-fueled supp if your goals include muscle gains.
Who Takes It?
Over-the-Hill Men. Testron SX sells itself to guys who are starting to slow down, particularly in the sex department: “As we age, our body changes and our sex life may become less satisfying.” Tribulus definitely helps in this department.
Any Side Effects?
Nope. Based on the few customer reviews available, Testron SX seems to be free of side effects. And we wouldn’t expect any side effects from these natural ingredients.
Testron SX Summary
- Tons of Trib. 750 milligrams is a larger-than-average dose of Tribulus.
- Sex Enhancers. Natural libido boosters beat their synthetic alternatives.
- Extracts. The herbs are in potent extract forms.
- Mild T. For a T-booster, the T-boosts are pretty mild.
- Proprietary. Prop blends hide dosages. Not a good look.
- Under-Researched. We need to see some human trials on these ingredients.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (1 month): $32.00
- Available online and in retail stores
Testron SX users can buy this product through most major retailers, including GNC, Amazon, & Bodybuilding.
Final Word on Testron SX
More like Testron SEX, am-i-right boys?? Heh… In all seriousness, that’s seriously what this product should be renamed as that’s what Testron SX provides: SEX. Granted, there are other male health purposes for these “natural sex enhancers,” but we all know what you’re going to do with them. For this price, too, it’s not a bad bargain.