Made by Force Factor, Alpha King is positioned as a male vitality supplement, but categorized as a T-Booster. Confused? So were we. But when you take a look at this formula’s design, you see that Alpha King is a hybrid of both — with its strongest emphasis on boosting male libido, and an overall benefit of greater masculine health. Let’s check it out in this Alpha King review.
About Force Factor Alpha King
Force Factor returns with Alpha King, the manufacturer’s self-proclaimed “strongest male vitality supplement to date…” And Force Factor is a huge supplement company, so this is a huge claim. But does it stand the Best5 review test? Formula notes:
- AlphaFen: Alpha King sticks with an impressive Fenugreek extract brand shown to support testosterone status, as well as muscle recovery and sex performance.
- Plant Power: The remaining ingredients stick with Alpha King’s all natural, all herbal design, stacking up either plain powder herbs or herbal compounds.
- DIM: Anti-estrogen ingredient helps T to rise and stay active, consistent with Alpha King’s “over 40” intended audience
Alpha King Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|AlphaFen® Fenugreek Seed Extract||400 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris (fruit)||150 mg|
|Black Maca Root Extract||100 mg|
|DIM (diindolylmethane)||100 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #6.|
|Directions: Take 1 capsule daily with breakfast.|
Alpha King has perhaps the manliest supplement name in the game.
But will it male you ALPHA, bro?? Of course, no pill can do that. However, if you are over age 40, this formula has a good shot at improving your Alpha status, helping you to feel and perform like a manlier man.
Alpha King Review: Ingredients
Fenugreek Extract (as AlphaFen®)
This ergogenic aid may assist with testosterone status by freeing up SHBG-bound test and inhibiting testosterone’s conversion to DHT. Alpha King sticks with a standardized AlphaFen Fenugreek brand, which is nice. (Although, we’d like to know the % standardization.)
- As promising a fenugreek may be for testosterone, it’s the physical performance enhancement activity of this ingredient that is the star of the show.
It has been suggested in research to increase strength and endurance capacity during intense physical training, and also has a long reputation as a traditional herb for boosting sexual performance in men.
Since Alpha King is positioned as a “supercharged libido” formula, it makes sense that AlphaFen fenugreek is the lead ingredient and driving force of its design.
Many testosterone booster supplements supply Tribulus these days — which is odd, considering that Tribulus doesn’t seem to actually help testosterone status. BUT, tribulus is legendary in its power to boosts sex, libido, and energy — all benefits that men (especially over age 40) are seeking when they take a testosterone-booster supplement.
- Case in point: One research study found that tribulus had no effect on testosterone in men (with poor sperm counts), but did significantly help with premature ejactulation, strength of erections, and ability to achieve orgasm.
This is not an unusual strategy. T-boosters like Alpha King include ingredients that enhance manliness to give the user a more well-rounded set of benefits to complement an increase in testosterone. Mature men appreciate this.
Black Maca Root Extract
Similar to Tribulus, Black Maca — also known as Peruvian Ginseng — it a time tested libido-boosting, endurance-enhancing male performance herb that is included in T-booster supplements more for its manly benefits than its testosterone support.
- Some research suggests it does not affect T, but does have a positive effect on male libido.
Maca is also considered an adaptogen that helps the body to fight stress. This is a bonus because stress is bad for testosterone and bad for virtually every measure of a man’s sexual function. Black Maca makes sense in Alpha King’s sex drive-oriented design.
Sourced from cruciferous vegetables, DIM may improve T status by inhibiting aromatase, the enzyme responsible for converting test to estrogen.
As men grow older, their testosterone-to-estrogen levels may become skewed in favor of estrogen. That’s why its important for men over 40 to look for a T-booster like Alpha King that has some kind of anti-estrogen ingredient; in this case, DIM.
Alpha King is positioned as a male vitality supplement. In this context, it hits the mark. This formula may be categorized as a T-booster, and it is.
However, Alpha King is more of a manliness-enhancer due to its inclusion of ingredients that help with male libido, physical training, muscle strength and growth. These benefits do have some synergy for masculine health.
We appreciate the streamlined design of Alpha King. With just 4 ingredients, it allows for greater dosages of each. You don’t have to take 4 massive caps every serving, 4X per day. Even if you took 2 one time daily, you’d be getting a double-dose of support for male sex drive, strength and test.
Alpha King Benefits
Alpha King promises the following health benefits:
- Build Lean Muscle
- Boost Sex Drive & Libido
- Improve Performance
Given the chosen ingredients, these claims are reasonable. Fenugreek and Tribulus do reliably improve sex drive, libido, and performance, potentially assisting with muscle gains and recovery. Maca also helps increase max male performance, whereas DIM balances test to estrogen ratios.
Who Takes It?
Men over 40 who want to improve their manliness, especially their sex drive. For the sake of this Alpha King review, we’ll simply point out that this product seems best for active, exercising men. This demographic will reap the greatest overall benefits from the Alpha King formula, going beyond libido to help with physical training and strength building.
Any Side Effects?
None reported. None expected. Although, the customer reviews on this product are currently skimpy, with the only Amazon review giving this product only high praise. Even so, we’d be skeptical of any claims that this product carries any significant side effect risk.
Alpha King Review Summary
- AlphaFen. We can’t verify that it’s the “best” but we’re impressed nonetheless.
- Manly Herbs. Fenugreek, Tribulus, and Maca all benefit male sexual function
- Non-Proprietary. Force Factor does us a solid by showing all of Alpha King’s dosages.
- Convenient. Just 1 capsule per serving, 1 time per day
- Not really T-focused. If you want all your manly benefits from testosterone only, Alpha King isn’t the formula for you. If you want manly benefits from multiple angles in addition to T, it just might work.
- Not a clean label. A few too many additives and colorings in these caps for our liking.
Pricing and Where to Buy
- 1 Bottle (1 month): $69.99
- Available online and in retail stores
You can buy Force Factor Alpha King through various retailers, including Amazon and the manufacturers themselves.
Final Word on Alpha King
Alpha King is designed to give men over 40 one of the primary benefits men are looking for when they address their T-levels: A better sex life. It’s not a straight-up T-booster, but can deliver the masculine benefits associated with T.