A women’s complete protein shake featuring Solathin potato protein?
That’s MusclePharm FitMiss Delight for you.
If you’ve been looking for a versatile protein supplement which will help take your health to the next level, this could be it. It looks promising.
Another exciting review is in the offing, ladies.
About MusclePharm FitMiss Delight
The manufacturer dubs MusclePharm FitMiss Delight as the “Women’s Complete Protein Shake,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- FitMiss Protein Blend. Combo of WPI, Solathin potato protein, egg albumin, and micellar casein.
- Solathin potato protein component. Helps with satiation.
- Lots of fruit and vegetable ingredients. Help you meet your daily requirements for fruits and veggies.
MusclePharm FitMiss Delight Supplement Facts (Chocolate Delight, 2 lbs.)
|Serving Size 1 Scoop (24.7 g)|
Servings Per Container: 36
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||.5 g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
|Vitamin B3||330 mcg||2%|
|Vitamin B12||50 mcg||833%|
Proprietary Greens 502 mg †
& Fruit Blend
|Flax Seed, Apple Extract, Artichoke Leaf Extract, Barley Grass, Black Berry Fruit, Blood Orange, Broccoli, Cherry Extract, Citrus Flavonoids, Cranberry Extract, Lemon Bioflavonoids, Mango Seed Extract, Pomengranate Rind Extract, Red Currants, Spinach, Strawberry, Watermelon|
|Digestions 60 mg †|
|Ingredients: Fitmiss Protein Blend [Whey Protein Isolate, Solathin™ Potato protein, Egg Albumin, Micellar Casein, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate], Cocoa Powder, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Inulin, Flax Seed, Carboxymethylcellulose, Calcium Silicate, L-Glutamine, Salt, Protease, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Lactase, Potassium Citrate, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Valine, Apple Extract, Artichoke Leaf Extract, Barley Grass Powder, Black Berry Fruit Powder, Blood Orange Powder, Broccoli Powder, Cherry Extract, Citrus Flavonoids, Cranberry Extract, Lemon Bioflavonoids, Mango Seed Extract, Pomengranate Rind Extract, Red Currant Powder, Spinach Powder, Strawberry Powder, Watermelon Powder|
|Directions For Delight: Add 1 scoop of FitMiss Delight to 8-12 oz. (240-360 ml) of cold water or beverage (milk, almond milk, rice milk, juice, etc.) and ice in a blender. Blend until creamy for a frosty smoothie.|
Is the So-Called ‘Women’s Complete Protein Shake Ready to Delight the Ladies?
MusclePharm has long been regarded as one of the most trusted brands in the supplement industry.
Make no mistake about it, folks.
Top-notch products such as MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder and MusclePharm Combat 100% Whey continue to be big sellers on several big-name websites.
Now, it’s the ladies’ turn: Make way for MusclePharm FitMiss Delight.
The manufacturer dubs it the “Women’s Complete Protein Shake.” That definitely aroused our curiosity.
Let’s begin with the 16 grams of protein per serving.
Sixteen grams? It’s the least amount of protein per serving we’ve reviewed to date.
We know, we know. Women aren’t keen on bulging muscles – they just want to get rid of the excess flab and tone up.
But just 16 grams of protein per scoop?
It’s a far cry from other women’s protein supplements such as Jamie Eason Signature Series Whey Protein Isolate (25 grams of protein per scoop).
We feel 16 grams per serving isn’t enough protein for post-workout recovery. Remember, you put your body through a brutal workout for an hour or so.
That much protein won’t cut it, even for the ladies (although it will suffice for your in-between or snack. Just make sure to meet your daily protein requirements).
While we were not that impressed with the protein content of MusclePharm FitMiss Delight, we found its protein blend to be interesting, to say the least.
Check this out, ladies: It’s comprised of whey protein isolate, Solathin potato protein, egg albumin, micellar casein, and whey protein hydrolysate.
Okay, let’s state the obvious here: What is Solathin potato protein?
According to BioOriginal.com, it “delivers a 40 percent concentration of PI-2, a protease inhibitor that signals both the brain and the GI tract that the stomach is full.”
In other words, Solathin is a potato protein isolate which helps increase satiety and curb your appetite.
We’re sure the women will love that. Besides, the fact that MusclePharm FitMiss Delight is one of the few protein supplements on the market which has Solathin potato protein makes it unique.
Plain and simple, folks.
Now, when you take out the Solathin potato protein from MusclePharm FitMiss Delight’s protein blend, you get something eerily similar to MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder (the only difference is the latter does not have whey protein concentrate).
When you combine whey protein isolate (fast-absorbing), whey protein hydrolysate (fast-absorbing), egg albumin (medium-absorbing), and micellar casein (slow-absorbing), you help keep your body in an anabolic state for hours.
In other words, when the satiating effect of the Solathin potato protein kicks in, your body has enough nutrients to sustain you until your next meal. Awesome, isn’t it?
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 1.5 g: MusclePharm Fitmiss Delight is a low-fat protein supplement at just two percent of the daily value. The fat content is attributed to the egg albumin, cocoa powder, and flax seed contents. Flax seed is a great addition because it is a great source of good fats for better cardiovascular health. It also helps lower cholesterol levels. Awesome.
- Cholesterol, 50 mg: It turns out this supplement is high in cholesterol at 17 percent of the daily value (anything more than five percent is considered high). It seems the inclusion of flax seed can help neutralize this. Try eating some oatmeal to help offset the high cholesterol level as well. Better yet, seek your doctor’s advice if you’re monitoring your cholesterol levels.
- Sodium, 100 mg: MusclePharm FitMiss Delight is low in sodium at four percent of the daily value. This amount is just right to help boost post-workout recovery and prevent muscle cramps without compromising your cardiovascular health. Perfect.
- Total carbohydrate, 4 g: The ladies will be pleased to know MusclePharm FitMiss Delight is low in carbs at a measly one percent of the daily value. The manufacturer also keeps sugar within reasonable limits at one gram per serving.
- Vitamin B3, 330 mcg: MusclePharm FitMiss Delight is not a significant source of Vitamin B3 at just two percent of the daily value.
- Vitamin B12, 50 mcg: Now, we’re talking. Check out the whopping 833 percent daily value for Vitamin B12. That’s a LOT, ladies. That means MusclePharm FitMiss Delight will help you boost your energy levels, improve digestion, cardiovascular, skin, hair, and nail health; and ward off free radicals. Great bonuses right there.
- Calcium, 128 mg: MusclePharm FitMiss Delight is a good source of calcium at 13 percent of the daily value. It will help maintain your teeth, bones, and healthy blood pressure levels.
- Iron, 1 mg: Protein supplements which are a decent source of iron are a rarity. Count MusclePharm FitMiss Delight (six percent of the daily value) as one of them.
- Magnesium, 19 mg: This supplement helps supply five percent of the daily value for magnesium. This mineral helps increase energy levels and improve digestive and cardiovascular health.
- Potassium, 170 mg: MusclePharm FitMiss Delight is a decent source of potassium at five percent of the daily value. It helps regulate blood pressure and water levels as well as enhance muscular strength.
If you’re a keen observer, you knew right off the bat there are a lot of things going on in MusclePharm FitMiss Delight.
The protein content is decent, but not the highest in the industry at 16 grams per scoop.
It’s a bit baffling, considering the manufacturer lists this at 32 percent of the daily value for protein, which is quite high.
Like we said, 16 grams per serving is not enough for post-workout purposes. However, it will help you meet your daily protein requirements as a snack or in-between.
Plus, the different types of protein ensure your body will remain in an anabolic state for hours.
We also praise the inclusion of Solathin potato protein, which will help women stay full longer and curb their appetite. Awesome.
Don’t forget about the glutamine and BCAA content of MusclePharm FitMiss Delight, ladies.
Glutamine helps preserve lean muscle mass. For their part, branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) help kickstart the protein synthesis process and increase energy levels.
Some of this product’s pluses include its low fat, sodium, and carb contents.
The good thing about MusclePharm FitMiss Delight is it’s not just a protein supplement – it’s a protein supplement with added health benefits.
Let’s begin with the extra calcium content (13 percent of the daily value), which will help your teeth, bones, and blood pressure. It’s also a decent – not great – source of iron, magnesium, and potassium.
This is also the supplement with the highest Vitamin B12 content we’ve ever come across.
We’re not surprised: Some of its benefits include better hair, skin, and nail health. It’s a perfect fit for the ladies.
One look at the ingredients list and you see a heap of fruit and vegetable ingredients such as apple extract, artichoke leaf extract, barley grass powder, and pomengranate rind extract. The list goes on and on.
What does that tell us?
Simply put, MusclePharm FitMiss Delight can help you meet your daily requirements for fruits and vegetables.
However, we feel there could be fillers somewhere in the mix – the number of ingredients could be a dead giveaway.
In addition, this product has a proprietary blend (Proprietary Greens & Fruit Blend). Yes, the components are fruits and vegetables. It still doesn’t change the fact it’s a proprietary blend.
Beacuse of that, the manufacturer’s transparency takes a huge hit. Not a good thing at all.
MusclePharm FitMiss Delight Benefits
According to the manufacturer’s official website, the following are MusclePharm FitMiss Delight’s benefits:
- Solathin potato protein for faster satiation
- Fruit and vegetable blend which “delivers optimal levels of digestive enzymes, vitamins, and minerals.”
- Carbs, fats, and protein which “provide sustained energy and appetite satisfaction.”
We agree with all of these points. It’s just that we’re a bit concerned about the so-so protein content and the Proprietary Greens & Fruit Blend.
Who Takes It?
MusclePharm FitMiss Delight is intended for healthy and active women who want to build lean muscle mass and meet their daily protein requirements.
Any Side Effects?
MusclePharm FitMiss Delight has no glaring side effects. However, women who are monitoring their cholesterol levels should consult with their physicians before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
MusclePharm FitMiss Delight Summary
- FitMiss Protein Blend. Combo of WPI, solathin potato protein, egg albumin, and micellar casein.
- Helps with satiation. Thanks to the solathin potato protein component.
- Added glutamine and BCAAs. Help build lean muscle mass.
- Low in fats, carbs, and sodium. Awesome.
- Fruit and vegetable ingredients. Help meet your daily requirement for fruits and veggies.
- Good source of calcium. Thirteen percent of the daily value.
- So-so protein content. At sixteen grams per scoop, it may not be enough for post-workout purposes.
- Proprietary Greens & Fruit Blend. Manufacturer’s transparency takes a serious hit.
- Possible inclusion of fillers. Take a hint from the heaps of ingredients.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 22-serving container (22-Day Supply): $31.99
- 1 36-serving container (36-Day Supply): $39.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on MusclePharm FitMiss Delight
So, does the so-called “Women’s Complete Protein” live up to its billing?
If one takes a hint from the word “complete,” then, yes, it does.
You get good, quality protein (just 16 grams per scoop, though). You also get an added dose of glutamine, BCAAs, calcium, and lots of fruits and vegetables.
What’s not to like?
The proprietary blend and possible inclusion of fillers, for instance.
Nonetheless, we like MusclePharm FitMiss Delight’s potential. It’s not a perfect product by all means, but it’s worth including in your supplement stack.