War. It never changes. Nor does our struggle against the army of fat that just won’t leave our bodies.
Nevertheless, we fight back with diets so clean they freakin’ sparkle, and exercises so tough we sweat buckets.
We’re gonna go Rambo on these goddam S.O.B.s, bro… and nothing gets us more fired up than Grenade Thermo Detonator: A fat burner shaped like a hand grenade.
Will their gimmick prove itself in a war-torn territory? Let’s find out. CHARGE!
About Grenade Thermo Detonator
We love fancy gimmicks and right now we’re digging Thermo Detonator’s grenade-shaped bottle. Just looking at it will inspire you to train just as hard as our brave soldiers. Formula notes:
- Declare War On Fat: They practically built their product around this statement, and we love them for it. Makes a man enlist in the war against fat!
- Cool bottle: Grenade actually hands us a grenade… shaped bottle. You don’t want to give this to your old man or he might freak!
- Explosive ingredients: Their formula looks to tear down the fatty opposition with some of the best fat-seeking ingredients, plus extra support for focus, energy & appetite control.
Grenade Thermo Detonator Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 100
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|GRENADE® Thermo Detonator Proprietary Blend||775 mg|
|Green Tea Extract (80% polyphenols, epigallocatechin gallate, 45% epicatechin), Bitter Orange Extract (synephrine, octopamine, N-methyltyramine, tyramine, hordenine) Caffeine Anhydrous (1,3,7-trimethylxanthine), Grapefruit Seed Extract (6,7- dihydroxybergamottin), Capsicum Annuum (capsaicin fruit), Evodiamine (evodia fructus extract), Yohimbe Bark Extract (yohimbine), Raspberry Ketones [4-(4-hydroxyphenyl) butan-2-one] , Phenylalanine (2-amino-3-phenylpropanoic acid), Cocoa Bean Extract (methylxanthines, flavanols), β-pheneythylamine HCl (B-PEA), Coleus Forskohlii (forskolin root), Yerba Mate Leaf (caffeine, theobromine and theophylline), DMAE Bitartrate|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin, magnesium stearate, chlorophyllin copper complex sodium, titanium dioxide, FD&C yellow #6, Blue #1, Red #40|
|Directions for use: Take 2 capsules on an empty stomach upon waking with water. Take 2 capsules 30 minutes prior to lunch with water. To assess tolerance, consume 1 capsule twice per day for the first 7 days. For an explosive workout, take 2 capsules prior to training. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. DO NOT exceed 4 capsules per day.|
Each capsule is like air support for our body’s fat-fighting soldiers
This bottle is literally loaded with plenty of explosive ingredients out to blow up fat to kingdom come.
It’s out to target fat like heat-seeking missiles with plenty of ingredients belonging to our Big List of Fat Burners. Don’t take our word for it, see for yourself!
- Green Tea Extract, Bitter Orange, and Caffeine. Green tea and caffeine belong to our Best5 Fat burners while adding Bitter orange, specifically synephrine, makes these great ingredients even more potent. Being the first 3 of the blend means a lot in their prop blend as this stack is one of the best fat burning stacks you could ever have in one product.
- Grapefruit. Grenade emphasized on dihydroxybergamottin and it’s often for improving absorption, and therefore hastening the effects, of fat burners in the body.
- Capsicum Annuum. A fancy way of saying Cayenne. It’s our #4 Best5 Fat burner which helps reduce caloric intake (reduced appetite) by up to 12%
- Evodiamine. This ingredient has potential but is only for those who can’t tolerate cayenne well. Cayenne and evodia have similar fat burning effects so they might as well just up the dose of Cayenne and chop evodia off the list.
- Yohimbe Bark. Usually an aphrodisiac but research suggests yohimbine, its active compound, can be used to support fat-burning efforts.
- Raspberry Ketones. Promotes fat breakdown and optimizes metabolism for fat loss.
- Phenylalanine. Mostly used as a nootropic which supports mood and focus. It has potential in acting as an appetite suppressant by elevating levels of a satiety hormone known as cholecystokinin.
- Cocoa Bean Extract. Great for blood flow and blood pressure regulation among other cardiovascular benefits. It’s not really a fat burner or a weight loss ingredient but it has potential to be one though evidence is quite weak.
- β-pheneythylamine HCl. Better known as PEA. It’s a “feel good” ingredient that mainly boosts dopamine and serotonin but research-wise it’s not the best at this game. Sorry bud. Rhodiola would be better for this function.
- Forskolin. Ups cAMP which leads to ATP production thus boosting your fat burning power and long term potentiation.
- Yerba Mate. Supplies caffeine, CGA, and antioxidants just like our friend Green Coffee Bean. Besides being a stimulant, Yerba is also capable of reducing appetite. We just don’t know if the dosage is enough and judging by how low it is on the page, we assume it’s not potent enough.
- DMAE. Mood enhancer and promotes feeling of alertness though it may not be as potent when it comes to its dosage seeing as it’s at the bottom of the barrel.
You know a company means business when their product is housed inside a really cool bottle. We’ve seen a bottle that can knock a guy’s teeth out then comes along Grenade with their own personal hand-bomb bottle.
It’s one thing to invest on ingredients and formula but it’s a whole other world to invest a great sum on packaging and Grenade definitely comes out a winner in this aspect.
We got beef with their use of a prop blend, though. We don’t know why they do it now when they were pretty transparent before. 1 capsule is 775 mg, and given that there’s so many ingredients packed in there, we’re not sure they hit critical mass.
Regardless of the prop blend abuse, their use of great ingredients makes us give them a pass for now.
Moving on, it looks like Grenade Thermo Detonator has three likely functions: Fat burning, burn support, and mood enhancing.
FAT BURNING: The Big Guns
We praise Thermo Detonator’s use of the ever potent Green Tea + Bitter Orange + Caffeine stack. These three ingredients have plenty of evidence about how awesome they are as fat burners as well as how they have synergy which makes their fat burning capacity even greater.
Their use of Cayenne and Evodiamine appears functionally redundant since anything Evodia can do Cayenne has proven to do better.
BURN SUPPORT: Artillery
Cocoa Bean and Yerba acts as appetite suppressants although we think the dosages are leaning towards the low side and depends heavily on synergy since studies suggests at least 500 mg and 300 mg for effective doses respectively.
Yohimbe, Raspberry, and Forskolin are the cogwheels that help set the body into fat-burning mode while Grapefruit fuels the whole machine together and makes the fire not only hotter but last longer too.
MOOD ENHANCER: War Trumpets
Phenylalanine is suggested to act as an appetite suppressant in the formula but it works much, much better as a nootropic and should work in tandem with PEA and DMAE.
The problem is the dose for DMAE; presumably less than minimum. And PEA’s function isn’t as highly praised as other, and much better, nootropics. In this light, we assume the nootropics are there to prevent crashes or jitters but L-Theanine trumps them all in that category.
Overall, Thermo Detonator’s formula is good as a fat burner and mediocre as a brain enhancer.
Thermo Detonator Benefits
Let us put it this way: They’ve won the war on fat but they might as well wave the white flag on being a semi-nootropic.
Who Takes It?
The bros who like wearing army shirts and fatigues. Wouldn’t they just love showing this off at the gym? Thankfully, it burns fat, too.
Any Side Effects?
Possible side effects include the usual bouts of sleep issues, restlessness, or even a mild heartburn but this all usually occurs in people who are sensitive to caffeine or fat burners in general. We’re unsure of its claims of being crash/jitter free since we don’t know the dosages so assess your tolerance first before going for 4 caps a day. And no, it won’t give you PTSD so don’t worry about that.
Thermo Detonator Summary
- Cool bottle. It just is.
- Trial pack. Offers a 4-cap trial pack on their website.
- Explosive ingredients. Made to set fire to your fat.
- Some standardization. Their green tea extract is potent.
- Intelligent formula. Attacks fat with military-like efficiency.
- Military discipline. Organized website and professional claims only.
- Well researched. Each ingredient is backed by useful studies.
- Clear instructions. Serves to enlighten and not to confuse.
- Prop blend. Old formula was transparent, new one was hidden. Derp.
- Not a nootropic. Good thing they barely claimed it.
- Expensive. The packaging must cost a lot.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (100 caps): $59.95
- Trial pack: (4 caps): $2.95
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Grenade Thermo Detonator
Thermo Detonator stands out not just because of its cool bottle design but also because they have their shit together with science-backed ingredients that boosts your fat-burning capabilities to new heights. The fanciness comes with a price, though, but if you like novelty or gimmicks then this shit’s a collector’s item.