There are many post-workout supplements which claim to be a game changer. G6 REPLENISH could be the one which stands out from the rest of the field. Let’s see if it exceeds all expectations in this review.
About G6 REPLENISH
G6 REPLENISH is the “Instant & Complete Recovery” product and “Synergistic Post-Workout Formula,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Great ingredient combo. Combines the power of carbs, amino acids, protein, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Twenty grams of protein per scoop. Helps increase muscle mass and repair muscle tissue.
- Bonus ingredients. Tremendous source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12.
G6 REPLENISH Supplement Facts (Watermelon, 2 lbs.)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (55.3 g)
Servings Per Container: Approximately 17
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||9|
|Total Fat||1 g||1%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||**|
|Trans Fat||0 g||**|
|Total Carbohydrates||30 g||10%|
|Sugars (Unrefined)||30 g||**|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||500 mg||833%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCL)||10 mg||500%|
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||6 mcg||100%|
|Magnesium Creatine Chelate (Creatine MagnaPower®)||1000 mg||**|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)||500 mg||**|
|Pomegranate Powder||300 mg||**|
|Grape Seed Powder||3 mg||**|
|Vitamin and Mineral Blend|
|Potassium Glycinate Complex (Albion®)||250 mg||**|
|Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS®)||100 mg||**|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCL)||10 mg||**|
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||6 mcg||**|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Evaporated Cane Juice, Whey Protein Concentrate, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sucralose and Red Beet Powder (for Color).|
|DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Add one level scoop to 8 oz. of water or nontfat milk. You can use more or less liquid to meet your desired taste and calorie needs. Shake well in a shaker until dissolved. Store in a cool dry place.|
The Instant & Complete Recovery Supplement
However, there are some exceptions. In fact, we stumbled upon some post-workouts with protein which exceeded our expectations. Among them are the United Kingdom’s Bulk Powders AFTERMATH and MyProtein Hurricane XS.
It would be interesting to see if Pittsburgh’s own G6 REPLENISH can trump both of them. The manufacturer dubs it its “Instant & Complete Recovery” product and “Synergistic Post-Workout Formula,” per its official website.
For us, “complete” and “synergistic” make the most sense – they’re the perfect adjectives for a post-workout supplement. For its part, the company sums up G6 REPLENISH in three words: carbohydrates, antioxidants, and protein. Not a bad combo at all, if you ask us.
Using one’s post-workout catabolic state as basis, the folks at G6 Sports correctly point out “muscle fibers are broken down and glycogen stores are depleted,” per its company website.
This product’s 30 grams of unrefined carbohydrates from evaporated cane juice “will facilitate the use of unrefined sugars for muscle recovery and prevent muscles from being broken down further as the source of energy for recovery,” per the same source.
This is a first for us – we have never seen a post-workout which uses evaporated cane juice as its carb source.
This ingredient may be a decent source of vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin C and calcium, but it turns out it’s only slightly better than regular table sugar. In fact, sucrose (sugar) goes through just one more processing step than evaporated cane juice. Don’t fall into this trap. It sounds too good to be true, but it isn’t.
Antioxidant Blend, 853 milligrams
G6 REPLENISH’s Antioxidant Blend has antioxidants such as ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), pomegranate powder, glutathione, and grape seed powder. These take up a total of 853 milligrams per 55.3-gram scoop.
These “fight off free radical damage caused by intense workouts that may hinder your progress,” per the manufacturer.
Yes, that’s important. What’s more vital is your long-term health. A post-workout which has key antioxidants is always a must for your supplement stack.
Don’t overlook the fact this post-workout has a whopping 833 percent of the daily value for ascorbic acid (which also helps boost heart health and vision). Its Vitamin B12 content (100 percent DV) is also impressive. However, don’t expect it to trump those of many energy boosters.
Vitamin and Mineral Blend, 366 mg
G6 REPLENISH’s Vitamin and Mineral Blend takes up 366 milligrams per scoop. These include bonus vitamins and minerals such as potassium glycinate complex (250 mg per serving), magnesium bisglycinate chelate (100 mg per serving), Vitamin B6 (10 mg per serving), and Vitamin B12 (6 mcg per serving). These will boost your long-term health, for sure.
This product’s potassium content (five percent of the daily value) is minuscule. However, we like the solid amounts of vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. They account for 500 percent and 100 percent of the daily value, respectively.
Vitamin B6 helps keep homocysteine levels (a non-protein amino acid detrimental to cardiovascular function) in check for better heart health. For its part, vitamin B12 is classic B vitamin which helps ramp up energy levels and boost cardiovascular health.
Let’s also not forget B vitamins help ramp up athletic performance. “These micronutrients are necessary during the body’s process for converting proteins and sugars into energy, and are used during the production and repair of cells, including red blood cells,” per Oregon State University Extension Service’s official website.
G6 REPLENISH’s Vitamin and Mineral Blend has great post-workout benefits. Its components will help recharge your batteries after a draining workout. More importantly, you’ll be revved up for your future training sessions.
Protein (20 grams) and Amino Acids (11 grams)
The final pillar of the G6 REPLENISH triumvirate consists of 20 grams of protein and 11 grams of amino acids per serving.
These “further aid in the rebuilding of muscle fibers and serve as the building blocks of your muscle growth and recovery,” per G6 Sports’ official website.
Well said. Protein helps build and repair damaged muscle tissue after a hard workout. You ample amounts (at least 20 grams) for post-workout purposes.
Leading the charge here is 20 grams of whey protein concentrate (WPC) per 55.3-gram scoop. Like we pointed out, not all post-workouts have protein. Having 20 grams of protein in your recovery drink is a huge bonus – it’ll help you achieve your post-workout goals, for sure.
Unlike whey protein isolate (WPI), WPC – which has a protein ratio of 70 to 85 percent – retains most of its fat and carb content, which helps explain why it tastes better (in contrast, pure WPI tends to have a slightly bitter taste).
Here’s the other unique advantage of WPC over WPI: the former retains its immunoglobulin content, which help regulate your immune system (on the other hand, WPI’s microfiltration process strips off these valuable proteins). WPC is also cheaper and tastes better than its WPI counterpart.
On the other hand, WPI is the better choice for those who are lactose intolerant and who want to build lean muscle mass (because of its lower fat and 90-95 percent protein content). It really depends on the consumer which type of whey fits the bill.
This product’s amino acid arsenal is just as impressive:
- L-glutamine (5,293 mg per serving): The most abundant amino acid which helps preserve muscle mass, increase human growth hormone levels (HGH), and regulate the digestive system. This is the optimum amount for a post-workout.
- L-leucine (2,776 mg per serving): The most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart the muscle protein synthesis process. Less than three grams per serving isn’t the optimum amount for a post-workout, but it should help.
- L-Isoleucine (1,478 mg per serving): The branch-chained amino acid (BCAA) which helps maintain a positive protein and nitrogen balance for more muscle growth. Not too many recovery supplements have as much isoleucine as G6 REPLENISH. Better take advantage.
- L-valine (1,358 mg per serving): The BCAA which helps repair muscle tissue, regulate the immune system, and increase exercise endurance. This product also has an impressive amount of valine. Seize the opportunity.
G6 REPLENISH also has one gram of magnesium creatine chelate (Creatine MagnaPower) per serving.
To put it simply, magnesium creatine chelate harnesses the power of magnesium and creatine. It is also more soluble than creatine monohydrate.
Consider G6 REPLENISH’s creatine magnesium chelate content as a great complement to its protein and amino acid components. We’re confident it’ll help you build muscle mass and increase your athletic performance.
All in all, G6 REPLENISH pulls out all the stops in terms of post-workout objectives. It may have a few chinks, but it’s still a worthy addition to any bodybuilding supplement stack.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 208: Most post-workout supplements have between zero and 150 calories per serving. G6 REPLENISH has more because of its higher protein and carb content. We don’t think those will set you back one bit.
- Calories from fat, 9: G6 REPLENISH has just nine calories from fat per serving. This amount doesn’t go overboard.
- Total fat, 1 g: G6 REPLENISH is a low-fat post-workout at just one percent of the daily value. Even better: it has zero saturated fats and trans fats.
- Cholesterol, 42 mg: Things get a bit tricky here. Bear in mind an ingredient reaches the high level when it exceeds 15 percent of the daily value. G6 REPLENISH is on the bubble at 14 percent DV. If you’re monitoring your cholesterol intake, better skip this one.
- Sodium, 95 mg: The manufacturer keeps the sodium level within reasonable limits at just four percent DV. G6 REPLENISH is safe for those who are monitoring their salt intake.
- Potassium, 180 mg: This post-workout is not a significant source of potassium at just five percent DV. If you want more potassium, try consuming a separate coconut water or beet root juice drink.
- Total carbohydrate, 30 g: This post-workout has average carb content at 10 percent of the daily value. If you’re on a low-carb diet, other post-workout options such as RESULTS RESTORIFY could be a better fit.
- Dietary fiber, 0 g: G6 REPLENISH has no fiber content whatsoever.
- Protein, 20 g: This post-workout supplement’s 20 grams of protein per serving should go a long way in helping you build muscle mass and repair muscle tissue after a grueling workout.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 500 mg: Many post-workouts are impressive sources of Vitamin C. Consider G6 REPLENISH as one of them – this product has a whopping 833 percent of the daily value for ascorbic acid, folks. When you supplement with G6 REPLENISH, expect increased antioxidant protection, healthier blood pressure levels, and better vision, among other things.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCL), 10 mg: Vitamin B6 helps regulate the cardiovascular, digestive, immune, muscular, and nervous systems. That alone should tell you how vital it is. This product has an impressive 500 percent of the daily value for pyridoxine HCl. Not too many competitors can boast of that claim.
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin), 6 mcg: G6 REPLENISH also has impressive Vitamin B12 content at 100 percent of the daily value. This vitamin helps increase energy levels, regulates nervous system function, boost heart health, improve digestion, and ward off nasty free radicals.
- L-glutamine, 5,293 mg: The most abundant amino acid which plays a key role in muscle preservation, HGH production, and digestive system regulation.
- L-leucine, 2,776 mg: The most anabolic amino acid which is primarily responsible for building muscle. Even though G6 REPLENISH doesn’t have the optimum amount, it should help.
- L-isoleucine, 1,478 mg: On the other hand, this post-workout has an impressive isoleucine content. This BCAA helps maintain a positive protein and nitrogen balance.
- L-valine, 1,358 mg:G6 REPLENISH’s l-valine content is just as impressive. This BCAA helps increase endurance, repair muscle tissue, and regulate the immune system.
- Magnesium creatine chelate (Creatine MagnaPower), 1,000 mg: Simply put, this is magnesium bonded to creatine. It’s more soluble than creatine monohydrate. It should serve as a wonderful complement to G6 REPLENISH’s amino acid content.
- Pomegranate powder, 300 mg: This ingredient is rich in antioxidants. It also helps improve cardiovascular health.
- Glutathione, 50 mg: This is a potent antioxidant which helps keep free radicals at bay. Studies have shown whey protein consumption helps increase glutathione levels in the body.
- Grape seed powder, 3 mg: Grapes help ward off free radicals, boost cardiovascular health, improve digestion, and keep fatigue at bay.
- Potassium glycinate complex (Albion), 250 mg: This is potassium bonded to glycine amino acid molecules for optimal absorption. Potassium is a mineral which helps boost cardiovascular health and regulate blood pressure levels.
- Magnesium bisglycinate chelate (TRAACS®), 100 mg: Some fitness experts consider this the best magnesium supplement on the market because of its optimal absorption rate.
The folks at G6 Sports claim their post-workout supplement is synonymous with “Instant & Complete Recovery.”
Well, we say they’re right. The manufacturer aptly named G6 REPLENISH, because that’s exactly what this product does for you after a brutal workout.
We won’t dispute the power of 30 grams of unrefined carbohydrates, 20 grams of protein, 11 grams of amino acids, and 853 milligrams of power antioxidants per serving. G6 REPLENISH is the total and unique package.
The amino acid combo is great. When you combine l-glutamine, BCAAs, and magnesium creatine chelate, you will achieve your post-workout goals. These are time-tested ingredients we’re talking about.
While the leucine and creatine content are not optimal, this product’s 20 grams of whey protein concentrate per serving should help offset that in terms of building muscle mass.
G6 REPLENISH’s Antioxidant Blend and Vitamin and Mineral Blend make it more impressive. On that note, we think G6 REPLENISH’s Vitamin C (833 percent DV), Vitamin B6 (500 percent DV), and Vitamin B12 (100 percent DV) amounts are awesome.
It bears repeating: it’s not just about post-workout results. Your long-term health is more important. Having these key antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals bode well for your body.
Other pluses: G6 REPLENISH is low in fats and sodium. The manufacturer’s transparency is also excellent – it divulges all of the ingredient amounts.
On the other hand, we weren’t so crazy about the somewhat high cholesterol content (14 percent DV) and the inclusion of sucralose (Splenda). The manufacturer could have used a natural, plant-based sweetener such as stevia (which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels) instead.
Lastly, G6 REPLENISH doesn’t come cheap at $62.99 for a 2-lb. (908-gram) container. It can put a serious dent on your wallet.
Nevertheless, G6 REPLENISH is a well-rounded post-workout supplement which should help you in your fitness quest. Try adding it to your supplement stack and see what it can do for you.
G6 REPLENISH Benefits
G6 REPLENISH has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps maximize your workouts
- Restores muscle fibers
- Shortens recovery time
- Minimizes free radical damage
- Wards off muscle fatigue and soreness
We agree with all of these claims. G6 REPLENISH is an impressive post-workout supplement which can help you achieve your fitness goals and then some.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended G6 REPLENISH for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to get the most out of their workouts, shorten recovery time, build muscle mass, increase endurance, boost long-term health, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
G6 REPLENISH contains sucralose (Splenda), an artificial sweetener which may increase weight gain.
This product also has a somewhat high cholesterol content at 14 percent of the daily value (the American Heart Association’s official website lays out the guidelines for warding off high cholesterol). If you are monitoring your cholesterol intake, consult your physician before buying G6 REPLENISH.
G6 REPLENISH Summary
- Comprehensive ingredient combo. The manufacturer wasn’t kidding when it said, “Instant & Complete Recovery.”
- Twenty grams of protein and 11 grams of amino acids per scoop. For building lean muscle mass and repairing muscle tissue.
- A ton of antioxidants. Eight hundred fifty-three milligrams per serving, to be precise.
- Bonus ingredients. Incredible source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12.
- Great transparency. What you see is what you get.
- Flavor options. Comes in Fruit Punch, Mixed Berry, Orange Mango, and Watermelon varieties.
- Has sucralose. Artificial sweetener linked to obesity and other side effects.
- Evaporated cane juice. A deceiving ingredient which is similar to plain table sugar.
- Somewhat high in cholesterol. Fourteen percent of the daily value.
- Expensive. $62.99 for a 2-lb. (908-gram) container.
- Unknown reputation. Not as known as other big-name post-workouts.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 2-lb. (908-gram) Container (17-Day Supply): $62.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on G6 REPLENISH
Take G6 REPLENISH for what it means. This post-workout’s name is exactly what it can do for you – its top-notch protein, carb, amino acid, antioxidant, vitamin, and mineral content should serve as hard evidence.
This product does have a few chinks (sucralose, evaporated cane sugar, somewhat high cholesterol, expensive price), so it’s not exactly in the Mt. Rushmore of post-workout supplements.
Nevertheless, you can still try this product. When the manufacturer comes up with a cleaner and cheaper advanced formula, watch out.