Hey, ever heard of a BCAA supplement which has a ton of essential amino acids and whole food antioxidant support?
Maybe you should give Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA a shot.
One thing which piqued our interest is the Ajipure glutamine and BCAA content. We’re sure they’ll help you remain in an anabolic state all day long.
Now that we got your attention, we’re sure you’ll enjoy the rest of this review.
About Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA
Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA “combines potent Ajipure instantized BCAAs (optimal 2:1:1 ratio) and glutamine with EAAs (essential amino acids) and potent whole-food-based antioxidants to support recovery and antioxidant action,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Five grams of BCAAs per serving. All under the Ajipure brand. All-natural.
- 2.5 grams of leucine per serving. The anabolic amino acid.
- 2.5 grams of glutamine per serving. Helps preserve muscle mass and increase human growth hormone levels.
Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA Supplement Facts (Green Apple Grenade, 1.32 lbs.)
|Serving Size: 12 Grams (One scoop)|
Servings Per Container: 50
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||0 g||0%|
|R.P.G Ajipure® IBCAA 2:1:1||5000 mg||†|
|L-Glutamine (100% Ajipure®)||2500 mg||†|
|EAA Complete Recovery Blend||1000 mg||†|
|RecovORAC Matrix ™||1000 mg||†|
|Proprietary Antioxidant Blend Of: Dark Cherry Powder, N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC), Orotic Acid, Acerola Berry Powder, Blueberry Juice Powder|
|Other Ingredients: Natural & Artificial Flavors, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Sucralose|
|Directions For RPG IBCAA: For best results mix 1-2 servings of RPG™ with 8-16 ounces of water post-workout. On non-training days take 1-2 servings of RPG™ spaced out throughout the day or as desired. RPG™ may be shaken or stirred. RPG™ may be stacked with any Millennium Sport Technologies product.|
The BCAA with Antioxidants
We’ve seen some top-notch low-calorie BCAA supplements before.
Let’s see if Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA can come out on top.
According to the manufacturer’s official website, this product “combines potent Ajipure instantized BCAAs (optimal 2:1:1 ratio) and glutamine with EAAs (essential amino acids) and potent whole-food-based antioxidants to provide optimal recovery and free radical protection.”
In addition, it “provides precise ratios of BCAAs, EAAs, and glutamine to support proper recuperation and growth from those brutal training sessions and grueling competition,” per the same source.
Whole-food-based antioxidants? A supplement which helps ward off nasty free radicals?
That really got our attention, folks.
The stars of the show are Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA’s five grams of Ajipure-sourced branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) per serving.
Next up are 2.5 grams of 100% Ajipure glutamine per scoop.
Okay, why Ajipure?
Ajinomoto is the world’s largest manufacturer of amino acids. The process involves “microbiological fermentation using raw ingredients of non-animal origin,” per the company’s official website.
Plus, “Ajipure BCAAs and l-glutamine are USP/FCC grade and are the only branch-chained amino acids and l-glutamine manufactured to the most exciting pharmaceutical standards by the world’s largest amino acid manufacturer,” per the same source.
The takeaway: Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA’s BCAA and l-glutamine contents are top-notch, folks.
This product’s 2:1:1 BCAA ratio features 2.5 grams of leucine per serving.
You should know by now leucine is the most anabolic amino acid because of its ability to kickstart muscle protein synthesis. Simply put: no leucine, no muscle growth.
Leucine’s ability to grow muscle paves the way for faster recovery and better performance.
However, this BCAA has two other benefits most don’t know about.
First, it helps preserve muscle even if the the protein synthesis process plateaus. In other words, leucine helps keep muscle wasting at bay.
Some studies also reveal leucine helps you lose weight. The trigger: its ability to activate a protein known as mTOR in the hypothalamus (a part of the brain which produces hormones). Once that happens, the hypothalamus releases a hormone which helps keep your appetite in check.
So, with leucine, you get to grow muscle and lose weight at the same time. Isn’t that fantastic?
On the other hand, no BCAA formula would be complete without isoleucine and valine.
Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA has 1.25 grams of each per serving.
Isoleucine helps your muscles recover faster, amp up your energy levels, repair muscle tissue, and restore a positive nitrogen balance.
For its part, valine helps repair muscle tissue, increase endurance, and boost the immune system.
And then there’s glutamine, the most abundant amino acid. Icons of the Golden Era of Bodybuilding have been using glutamine for years, and with good reason – it helps preserve muscle mass, increase human growth hormone levels, and boost the immune system.
Don’t you want these excellent post-workout benefits as well? We sure do.
Finally, Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA has several essential amino acids (EAAs) in the form of its 1,000 milligram-EAA Complete Recovery Blend – a proprietary blend.
You know how we feel about proprietary blends – the manufacturer disguises the precise amount of each ingredient for the sake of fancier marketing.
Nonetheless, the presence of EAAs such as lysine, arginine, and histidine in Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA will help improve your results in tandem with its Ajipure BCAA content.
“Research suggests that BCAAs show much greater bioavailability and effectiveness when taken with other essential amino acids (EAAs), leading to enhanced recovery and performance,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
We won’t argue with that, folks.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- L-leucine, 2,500 mg: Who knew the most anabolic amino acid can also help prevent muscle wasting and increase fat loss? This much per serving isn’t the highest in the industry, but it will go a long way, nonetheless.
- L-isoleucine, 1,250 mg: The second BCAA helps speed up recovery, increase energy levels, and maintain a positive nitrogen balance.
- L-valine, 1,250 mg: This BCAA plays a key role in muscle tissue repair and increasing endurance – two important exercise benefits.
- L-glutamine (100% Ajipure), 2,500 mg: We’re high on glutamine because of its versatility: it helps preserve muscle mass, increase human growth hormone levels, and boost the immune and digestive systems. What makes Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA’s glutamine content better is its source: Ajipure, Hey, if your glutamine is 100 percent natural, you should go for it in a heartbeat.
EAA Complete Recovery Blend, 1,000 mg
- L-lysine: This essential amino acid assists in muscle protein synthesis and muscle tissue repair. Lysine combines with Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) to form carnitine, the fat-burning amino acid.
- L-arginine: This amino acid is a precursor of nitric oxide (a compound you can find in many pre-workout supplements), which helps dilates blood vessels for awesome muscle pumps and efficient shuttling of nutrients for more muscle growth.
- L-histidine: A conditionally-essential amino acid which helps maintain tissue health in the body. Plus, it helps ward off free radicals. Awesome.
- L-threonine: This is an amino acid which helps regulate protein in the body. It’s a precursor of the amino acids glycine and serine, which help produce collagen and muscle tissue.
- L-methionine: An essential amino acid which helps eliminate fats. It also helps produce creatine, a nutrient which helps build muscle mass and improve athletic performance.
- L-phenylalanine: An amino acid which helps produce proteins in the body.
- L-tryptophan: An essential amino acid which helps boost the immune system and improve sleep quality, metabolism, and circulation.
RecovORAC Matrix, 1,000 mg
- Dark cherry powder – a natural food flavoring which helps ward off free radicals and inflammation, improve sleep quality, and improve cardiovascular health.
- N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) – an amino acid which helps replenish levels of glutathione, a potent antioxidant which helps ward off free radicals. One of its main post-workout benefits is its ability to protect tissues against oxidative stress.
- Orotic acid – Also known as Vitamin B13, orotic acid helps metabolize folic acid and Vitamin B12. It also helps the body absorb calcium and magnesium.
- Acerola berry powder – This natural food coloring helps regulate blood sugar levels, ward off free radicals, boost the immune system, boost immunity, and improve cardiovascular health. Fantastic all-around benefits.
- Blueberry juice powder – Who doesn’t like blueberries? It has one of the most potent antioxidant content among fruits. In addition, blueberries help regulate blood pressure levels improve cardiovascular health, boost brain function, and prevent post-exercise muscle damage.
Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA has impressed us with its simple yet potent formula.
You start with a 2:1:1 BCAA formula featuring five grams of Ajipure BCAAs per serving, and you have a recipe for success, folks.
Like we said, 2.5 grams of leucine per serving isn’t the highest in the industry, but we’ll take it.
Remember, leucine is more than just an anabolic amino acid. It helps you preserve muscle and lose fat.
If you feel 2.5 grams of leucine per serving isn’t enough, just take the recommended two scoops after your workout.
On the other hand, One gram each of isoleucine and valine should help repair your muscles, improve recovery, and increase your energy levels.
We also feel 2.5 grams of glutamine per serving – Ajipure glutamine, mind you – will help you achieve your post-workout goals.
Again, this isn’t the highest amount among post-workouts. However, we just can’t get enough of the leucine-glutamine tandem: the former helps you build muscle while the latter helps you preserve it. In short, these give you a powerful one-two punch.
The rest of Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA is just as impressive: essential amino acids (EAAs) and its recovORAC Matrix.
The manufacturer said you can expect “enhanced recovery and performance” when you supplement with BCAAs and EAAs.
We agree with them.
If you go over the benefits of the essential amino acids we enumerated, they complement those of BCAAs beautifully.
For instance, l-arginine’s ability to increase nitric oxide levels for better vasodilation allows your body to absorb the BCAAs more efficiently after a tough workout.
In short, l-arginine paves the way for better nutrient absorption, which, in turn, results in muscle growth and faster recovery. Awesome, isn’t it?
We’re also raving about the other natural ingredients found in Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA: dark cherry powder, n-acetyl cysteine, orotic acid, acerola berry powder, and blueberry juice powder.
We’re thankful the manufacturer didn’t resort to an artificial food coloring such as FD&C Red No. 40 (which has p-Cresidine, a white crystal which is a human carcinogen).
Plus, we like the fact this supplement has “whole food antioxidant support,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
The bad news: Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA resorts to deceiving proprietary blends.
We know, it’s a bummer. It’s tough for consumers to know the exact amounts of each ingredient when they’re not there to begin with.
Another spoiler, folks: This product has sucralose, a.k.a. Splenda – an artificial sweetener which has links to obesity and other side effects.
Just when you thought you had a good thing going on, you don’t. It’s a shame.
Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA Benefits
Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps speed up recovery
- Helps increase lean muscle mass
- Comprehensive essential amino acid (EAA) blend
- Ajipure glutamine
- Excellent potency and purity
- Great solubility and taste
We agree with most of these claims. Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA will help you achieve your post-workout goals and then some.
Who Takes It?
Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA is meant for healthy and active individuals over the age of 18 who want to increase muscle mass, speed up recovery, increase energy levels, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
While Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA has several great post-workout benefits, we urge consumers to be wary of its sucralose (Splenda) content – an artificial sweetener which has been linked to obesity and other side effects. Consult your doctor if this concerns you.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA Summary
- Five grams of BCAAs per serving. Proudly natural, proudly Ajipure.
- 2.5 grams of leucine per serving. The anabolic amino acid.
- 2.5 grams of glutamine per serving. Helps preserve muscle mass and increase human growth hormone.
- Has essential amino acids. Works great in tandem with BCAAs for better post-workout results.
- Has natural ingredients. Dark cherry powder, orotic acid, acerola berry powder, and blueberry juice powder.
- Has proprietary blends. Boo.
- Dirty ingredient. Sucralose (Splenda), the artificial sweetener you should avoid.
- Expensive. $69.99 for a 1.32-lb. container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 1.32-lb. container (50-Day Supply): $69.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA
Don’t you just feel bummed when a product packs a lot of promise only to find out its flaws gnaw at you?
That’s how we feel about Millennium Sport RPG IBCAA.
We love its BCAA, glutamine, EAA, and natural ingredient content.
We do not like its proprietary blends, sucralose content, and expensive price.
Still, give this one a shot, folks. It’s not in the upper echelon of post-workouts, but it has good overall potential.