Hey, are you a fan of both branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) supplements and energy boosters?
Well, today is your day.
That’s because MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY is about to make your dreams come true.
Simply put, this bodybuilding supplement gives customers the benefits of both a BCAA product and energy booster.
That should be enough to pique your interest for another awesome review.
About MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY
MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY is the “Ultra BCAA With Extra Leucine & A Kick Of Energy,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- 10:1:1 BCAA ratio. Has 10 times more leucine than isoleucine and valine.
- 4.167 grams of leucine per scoop. Muscle up like no other branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) supplement.
- Practical. Has the benefits of both a BCAA product and energy booster. Thumbs up.
MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY Supplement Facts (Tangerine, 300 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 scoop (10 g)
Servings Per Container:30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||<1%|
|10:1:1 Leucine Loaded BCAA Complex||5 g||‡|
|Energizing Complex (115 mg natural caffeine)||265 mg||‡|
|Green Coffee Bean Extract (Coffea robusta)||130 mg|
|Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis)(leaf)||110 mg|
|Yerba Mate (Ilex paraguariensis)(leaf)||25 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Natural and Artificial Flavors, Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Waxy Maize, Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Calcium Silicate, Silicon Dioxide and FC&C Yellow # 6. Contains: Soy (Soy Lecitihin).|
|Directions: Mix 1 scoop with 8 fl. oz. of cold water.|
Ultra BCAA With Extra Leucine & A Kick Of Energy
There’s no question branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) ramp up your energy levels.
More specifically, leucine, valine, and isoleucine help ward off fatigue and increase endurance – the body burns BCAAs as energy to maintain ATP levels during a hard training session.
BCAAs also help decrease tryptophan levels in the brain – an essential amino acid and precursor of serotonin (a neurotransmitter which helps keep anxiety at bay and improve sleep quality).
Long story short, when you take a BCAA supplement, you annihilate both physical and mental fatigue.
Let’s rattle off the other key benefits of BCAAs, folks:
- Help increase muscle protein synthesis
- Ramp up fat burning
- Support hormone balance during strenuous exercise
- May increase strength
- Ward off muscle soreness
- Support insulin sensitivity
- Increase lifespan
If you’ve long been hesitant to add a BCAA product to your supplement stack, now is the time.
Well, what if a BCAA supplement can also double as a powerful energy booster?
Sounds too good to be true.
That’s what MHP BCAA-XL Energy can do for you, and then some.
The manufacturer dubs it its “Ultra BCAA With Extra Leucine & A Kick of Energy,” per its official website.
Our first impression: bodybuilding enthusiasts who want to reap the benefits of BCAAs and ramp up their energy levels will love this product.
Leading the charge are five grams of BCAAs per 10-gram serving under the 10:1:1 Leucine-Loaded BCAA Complex.
We have a few takeaways.
First, five grams of BCAAs per serving are the norm among this bodybuilding product line. Nothing unusual about that.
However, MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY’s 10:1:1 BCAA ratio leaped out at us.
It’s rare to find a BCAA supplement with that much emphasis on leucine, folks.
Many competitors include 2.5 grams of leucine per serving or so.
MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY takes it to a different level with 4.167 grams per scoop.
We guarantee that much will help you grow muscle and remain in an anabolic state all day long.
Simple reason: leucine is the most anabolic amino acid. Nothing else comes close.
“BCAAs, and in particular, leucine, are crucial for stimulating muscle protein synthesis to promote muscle growth, strength, and recovery so you can service the rigors or your intense training,” per MHP’s official website.
We agree 100 percent.
Little do most people know leucine also helps preserve muscle mass and increase fat loss (by signaling the release of an appetite-suppressing hormone from the hypothalamus).
We’re confident MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY’s 4.167 grams of leucine per scoop should help you reap these two benefits.
You can tell by the 10:1:1 BCAA ratio the manufacturer also de-emphasized isoleucine and valine considerably.
These two BCAAs take up a measly 0.417 grams and 0.416 grams per scoop, respectively.
Supposing a regular BCAA supplement follows a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio, the typical isoleucine and valine amount is 1.25 grams per serving each.
You can see for yourself how big the disparity is – precisely 0.82 grams per scoop for isoleucine and valine.
Now, this may not be much, but it makes a world of difference in a BCAA supplement.
Another key takeaway: MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY has a higher emphasis on muscle growth, protein synthesis, and recovery than most BCAA products.
All you need to do is look at its 10:1:1 BCAA ratio.
For our part, we think it’s awesome.
Like we earlier said, MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY can double as an energy booster – the name is already a dead giveaway.
This supplement’s other major ingredient group is the Energizing Complex, which takes up 265 milligrams per scoop.
“Additionally, BCAA XL-ENERGY contains 115 mg of naturally-sourced caffeine from green tea, yerba mate, and green coffee bean extract,” per its official website.
That much is equal to one cup of brewed coffee (eight oz.), per The Mayo Clinic’s official website.
Listen, one cup of Joe isn’t much, by any stretch. In fact, that amount is enough to perk many people up first thing in the morning.
Plus, caffeine has many benefits:
- Increases energy levels
- Torches fat
- Improves physical performance
- Contains 11 percent of the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Boosts liver function
- Keeps nasty free radicals at bay
- Increases lifespan
Bodybuilding enthusiasts who drink a cup of coffee or two before a hard workout can attest to these.
However, it bears repeating: caffeine is a double-edged sword.
That’s because caffeine may cause a spike-crash effect, jitters, palpitations, and sleeplessness in some individuals.
We said it before, we’ll say it again: proceed with caution.
The Energizing Complex’s first ingredient is 130 milligrams of green coffee bean extract per scoop.
Simply put, green coffee is the unroasted version of brewed coffee.
The advantages? High amounts of antioxidants and chlororgenic acid, which boosts green coffee’s ability to incinerate fat.
Green coffee also has other benefits:
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- May lower blood pressure levels
- Ramps up energy levels
- Slows down the aging process
- Helps increase focus
These are impressive benefits, folks: make no mistake about it.
We say 130 milligrams of green coffee bean extract per serving will go a long way. Trust us.
Next up are 110 milligrams of green tea extract per scoop.
There’s no denying green tea is one of the healthiest – if not the healthiest – beverages on the planet.
Check out what it can do for your body:
- Helps stifle free radical and bacterial activity
- Improves neurological and cardiovascular function
- Boosts fat loss
- Promotes healthy blood sugar levels
- Increases lifespan
Here’s the simple takeaway: the inclusion of green tea extract in MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY will boost your long-term health.
No doubt about it.
This supplement’s final ingredient is 25 milligrams of yerba mate per serving.
Yerba mate is a South American beverage which is similar to tea – it helps keep free radicals at bay, boost the immune system and weight loss, increase everyday nutrient intake, and promote healthy cholesterol levels.
Plus, yerba mate helps keep stress levels in check, stimulate the mind and body, and increase longevity.
The possible downside?
Yerba mate has almost the same amount of caffeine as coffee (the former has roughly 85 milligrams of caffeine per cup).
Nonetheless, the positives outweigh the negatives.
When you combine the impressive benefits of green tea and yerba mate, good things happen.
We’re glad both of them are in MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY – not only will they perk you up, but they will also help improve your long-term health.
Count on it.
In a nutshell, MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY is an anabolic and energy-boosting BCAA supplement which gives you a fast return on your investment.
If you want to muscle up, jack up your energy levels, and shorten your recovery time, this product’s for you.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 10: MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY is low in calories at a measly 10 per scoop. No worries.
- Total carbohydrate, 2 g: We’re confident this product complements any low-carb nutrition plan perfectly – its less than one percent of the daily value for carbs serves as hard evidence.
- Sugars, 0 g: The good news: MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY has zero grams of sugar per serving. The bad news: it has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which has several side effects. Boo.
- L-leucine, 4.167 g: MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY is one of the rare BCAA supplements whose leucine content is 10 times more than its isoleucine and valine levels. Expect more muscle mass in conjunction with regular strength training, sound nutrition, and enough sleep.
- L-isoleucine, 0.417 g: Isoleucine helps increase endurance, repair muscle tissue, promote healthy blood sugar levels, and maintain a positive nitrogen balance.
- L-valine, 0.416 g: Just like isoleucine, valine helps increase endurance and repair muscle tissue. The latter also helps improve sleep quality, quell anxiety, boost the immune system, and ramp up muscle mass.
- Green coffee bean extract (Coffea robusta), 130 mg: The unroasted version of coffee which helps ward off free radicals, boost fat loss, promote healthy blood sugar and blood pressure levels, increase energy levels and focus, and slow down the aging process.
- Green tea extract (Camellia sinensis)(leaf), 110 mg: An ingredient which helps keep free radicals and bacterial activity at bay, boost heart and brain health, increase fat loss, regulate blood sugar levels, and increase lifespan.
- Yerba mate (Ilex paraguariensis)(leaf), 25 mg: A South American beverage which helps stifle free radical activity, regulate immunity, boost weight loss, lower stress levels, and increase longevity.
If MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY’s fancy marketing slogan doesn’t grab you, nothing will.
Like we said, the manufacturer dubs it its “Ultra BCAA With Extra Leucine And A Kick of Energy.”
Well, we say it’s legit.
You can start with the awesome 10:1:1 BCAA ratio and energy-boosting ingredients.
It bears repeating, folks: most BCAA supplements follow a 2:1:1 ratio. It’s rare to find one which has 10 times more leucine than isoleucine and valine.
MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY happens to be one such product.
Any regular BCAA supplement delivers 2.5 grams of leucine per serving or so – MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY’s 4.167 grams of leucine per scoop takes things to a higher level.
That much – which is superior to competitors’ – is sure to increase your muscle mass and help you remain in an anabolic state all day long.
Don’t forget leucine also helps torch fat and preserve muscle mass – MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY’s higher leucine amount should help you reap those two benefits.
It doesn’t stop there.
MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY also doubles as an efficient energy booster – its green coffee extract, green tea extract, and yerba mate components should perk you up day in and day out.
Not only do they ramp up your energy levels, but they also help shore up long-term health.
With them around, expect increased antioxidant protection, more fat loss, lower stress and anxiety levels, and a longer lifespan, among other things.
We also tip our hat off to the manufacturer for excellent transparency – it breaks down all of the ingredient amounts.
No shady proprietary blends, either. Nice.
Let’s not forget MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY also enjoys a stellar reputation among customers – they swear by it.
Another great benefit of MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY is practicality – if you want both a BCAA supplement and energy booster, you can reap all of their fitness benefits from just one product.
This facet should save you a great deal of money. Nice.
Now, let’s talk about the downsides.
We said it before, we’ll say it again: caffeine is a double-edged sword.
Even if MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY’s caffeine content (115 milligrams per scoop) is equal to just one cup of brewed coffee, it’s still caffeine – it may result in sleeplessness, a spike-crash effect, and palpitations.
Finally, this supplement has several fillers.
The first one is sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which has several side effects (weight gain, allergies, and digestive issues, etc.).
Next up is FD&C Yellow No. 6 – an artificial food coloring which has a lengthy list of side effects.
Had the manufacturer done away with these nasty fillers, we would’ve given MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY a higher grade.
It had so much upside – that is, until those dirty ingredients got in the way.
Bottom line: it’s a solid supplement which should still meet your expectations, at the very least.
Here’s hoping the manufacturer comes up with a cleaner version in the near future.
MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY Benefits
MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY has the following benefits, per its official website:
- 10:1:1 BCAA ratio
- Nineteen percent more leucine than leading BCAAs
- 115 milligrams of natural caffeine per serving
- Zero grams of sugar
- Delicious taste
We agree with all of these claims. MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY may not be perfect, but it can still help bodybuilding enthusiasts achieve their fitness goals.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY for healthy and active individuals who want to increase muscle mass, ramp up energy levels, shorten recovery time, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY contains 115 milligrams of caffeine, which may cause a spike-crash effect, sleeplessness, and palpitations in some individuals.
This supplement also contains sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda) and FD&C Yellow No. 6, two ingredients which have several side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY Review Summary
- 10:1:1 BCAA ratio. Rare BCAA supplement which has 10 times more leucine than isoleucine and valine.
- 4.167 grams of leucine per scoop. Higher than the industry average for more muscle mass.
- Energizing Complex. Ramps up energy levels and boosts long-term health.
- Excellent transparency. Manufacturer reveals all of the ingredient amounts. Thumbs up.
- Great reputation. Customers have sung its praises.
- Practical. Great option if you want both a BCAA supplement and energy booster.
- Caffeine content. Double-edged sword which may cause a spike-crash effect and jitters in some individuals.
- Fillers. Sucralose (Splenda) and FD&6 Yellow No. 6 components, to be precise. Boo.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 300-gram Container (30-Day Supply): $21.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY
When a product gives you the benefits of a BCAA supplement and an energy booster, it has to be special.
That’s a good way to describe MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY.
Not only will it help you muscle up, but it will also help perk you up day in and day out.
Too bad several fillers ruined the fun.
Nonetheless, we recommend you still try MHP BCAA-XL ENERGY – its pros still outweigh its cons.
Word to the manufacturer: a cleaner version should be in the offing.