If you’re on the lookout for a sleep supplement which can complement your bodybuilding efforts, you’re in luck.
We found a product which could be right up your alley.
Presenting Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ.
The first time we laid eyes on its ingredient profile, we came away impressed.
We know you will, too. Enjoy the review, folks.
About Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ
Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ “is a perfectly-designed product with a single goal in mind: maximizing your recovery,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Promotes longer sleep. L-ornithine component helps you stay asleep longer.
- Ramps up growth hormone levels. Thanks to GABA and Mucuna pruriens components.
- So-so taste. Biggest chink, per customers.
Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ Supplement Facts (Razzzberry Lemonade, 240 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (12 grams)
Servings Per Container: 20
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||10 mg||525%|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate)||450 mg||112%|
|Zinc (as Zinc monomethionine)||30 mg||200%|
|Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)||3000 mg||**|
|Mucuna pruriens Extract (seed)(50% L-dopa)||500 mg||**|
|Valerian Extract (Valeriana officinalis)(root)(1% valerenic acids)||500 mg||**|
|Other Ingredients: Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose.|
|Directions: Mix 1 scoop with 4-6 ounces of water and consume approximately 15-30 minutes before bed. Best taken on an empty stomach. Do not use more than 5 days per week.|
Night-Time Recovery & Sleep Support
If you’re a bodybuilding enthusiast, chances are you’ve been paying attention to your training, nutrition, and supplementation.
After all, these three go hand in hand, don’t they?
Well, you may be forgetting one important part of the equation.
Yep. You need sleep to grow muscle. In fact, your body secretes human growth hormone (HGH) while you’re sleeping.
So, if you’re getting fewer than seven hours of sleep every night, you may be compromising your fitness goals.
With that in mind, try checking out our sleep product reviews here on B5. We’re confident you’ll find a supplement you will fancy.
On that note, we’re hoping Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ can exceed your expectations.
“Core ZZZ is a perfectly-designed product with a single goal in mind: maximizing your recovery,” per its official website.
“We have included only the best and most effective recovery agents, at the proper serving sizes, to take the guesswork out of a good night’s rest,” per the same source.
The manufacturer also says, “We have also specifically chosen these ingredients for the pathways they target, ensuring that every possible physiological pathway for recovery is covered.”
Our first impression: Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ is any sleep-deprived athlete’s dream come true.
No pun intended, folks.
Leading the charge is 3,000 milligrams of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) per serving.
GABA is a neurotransmitter which plays a key role in the brain’s sedative functions. Experts say it helps regulate your sleep-wake cycle.
Not only that, but GABA also helps ramp up plasma growth hormone, per the manufacturer’s official website.
We’re certain three grams of GABA per serving will help regulate your sleep-wake cycles and increase your muscle mass.
We’ve seen an increasing number of sleep supplements feature GABA as their main ingredient.
Don’t be surprised why.
For our part, we’re glad it’s in Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ.
Next up is 3,000 milligrams of l-glycine per serving.
Glycine is a non-essential amino acid which helps inhibit muscular activity during REM sleep. It also helps regulate your body temperature to make sleep more conducive.
Long story short, health experts believe glycine improves the quality of your sleep.
In fact, they say glycine helps ward off overthinking just before the onset of sleep. Those thoughts can result in stress, which, in turn, leads to sleeplessness.
Insomniacs the world over will rejoice.
We feel glycine is an underrated sleep product ingredient – it doesn’t get the recognition it deserves.
When you consume Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ, you’ll feel the difference glycine makes. Trust us.
This product also has 1,000 milligrams of l-tryptophan per serving.
In contrast to glycine, l-tryptophan has gained more traction as a sleep supplement component. We’ve seen an increasing number of manufacturers use it, and that’s good news for everyone.
L-tryptophan is an essential amino acid which has the following benefits:
- Helps regulate mood
- Promotes hormonal balance
- Quells anxiety
- Torches fat
L-tryptophan is also a precursor of the feel-good hormone, serotonin. The latter helps induce relaxation for a better night’s sleep.
We say Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ’s GABA, l-glycine, and l-tryptophan components are a potent combination. If those don’t make you sleep better, nothing will.
Another key ingredient is 500 milligrams of Mucuna pruriens (seed)(50 percent l-dopa) per serving.
This herb is a great source of l-dopa, an amino acid precursor of the hormone dopamine. The latter acts on the brain’s pineal gland, which produces melatonin (a hormone which helps regulate the sleep-wake cycle).
On that note, dopamine helps one relax. This sets the stage for a good night’s sleep.
Plus, increased amounts of dopamine also increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels.
Ergo, Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ’s GABA and Mucuna pruriens components will help your HGH levels go through the roof.
In addition, Mucuna pruriens also helps ramp up testosterone levels. When that happens, expect an increase in muscle mass and strength.
From a bodybuilding perspective, it makes perfect sense to include Mucuna pruriens in a sleep and recovery product.
It seems the folks at Core Nutritionals are a step ahead of everybody else.
Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ also has 500 milligrams of valerian extract (Valeriana officinalis)(root)(one percent valerenic acids) per serving.
Without a doubt, valerian extract and melatonin are this product’s most common sleep product ingredients.
The former is a flowering plant which helps increase GABA levels in the brain. The more GABA your brain has, the more powerful a sedative effect you feel.
It also wouldn’t hurt one bit if valerian extract’s ability to increase GABA levels also results in more plasma growth hormone, like we earlier mentioned.
This just keeps getting better, doesn’t it?
In addition, valerian extract helps keep anxiety at bay and promote healthy blood pressure levels.
No wonder valerian extract is a regular fixture among sleep supplements. We say 500 milligrams per serving is optimal.
Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ also has 400 milligrams of l-ornithine per serving.
This non-essential amino acid helps you fall asleep and stay asleep longer. Way too many people with sleep issues hit the sack faster with an ordinary sleep supplement.
However, they wake up every few hours or so. Not good.
Some studies also suggest individuals who supplemented with l-ornithine remembered their dreams – a sign they slept longer.
In our opinion, including 400 milligrams of l-ornithine per serving is a great insurance policy – not only will you sleep better with it, but you will also stay asleep longer.
Finally, Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ has five milligrams of melatonin per serving.
Like we said, this hormone helps regulate sleep-wake cycles. It also has several other important health benefits:
- Wards off nasty free radicals
- Boosts cardiovascular health
- Regulates the immune system
- Eases symptoms of jet lag
Any time you have health benefits like these, consider it a major bonus, folks.
All in all, Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ is a well-thought-out sleep supplement which will give you a fast return on your investment.
It isn’t perfect (has sucralose, so-so taste, and an unknown reputation), but it will get the job done. Trust us.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl), 10 mg: This B vitamin helps ramp up serotonin levels, for increased relaxation and better sleep quality. Vitamin B6 also helps regulate the cardiovascular and nervous systems. An astonishing 525 percent of the daily value for pyridoxine hydrochloride ought to do the trick.
- Magnesium (as magnesium aspartate), 450 mg: This mineral helps promote relaxation by filtering out calcium from the muscles. This sets the stage for better sleep. Think of the times when you drank milk (which is a rich source of magnesium) before going to bed. Plus, magnesium also helps shore up heart health and strengthen bones. We’re confident 112 percent of the daily value for magnesium will work.
- Zinc (as zinc monomethionine), 30 mg: More manufacturers are using zinc as a sleep ingredient because of its ability to promote relaxation. Zinc also helps ward off free radicals, strengthen bones, regulate the immune system, and ramp up testosterone levels – all great recovery benefits.
- Gamma–aminobutyric acid (GABA), 3,000 mg: A neurotransmitter which helps regulate the sleep-wake cycle and increase plasma growth hormone levels. You are sure to reap these benefits with three grams per serving.
- L–glycine, 3,000 mg: A non-essential amino acid which acts as a neurotransmitter. L-glycine helps keep anxiety at bay for better sleep quality.
- L–tryptophan, 1,000 mg: An essential amino acid which “is the biological precursor of both serotonin and niacin (vitamin B3)”, per the manufacturer’s official website. L-tryptophan also helps regulate mood, torch fat, and quell anxiety.
- Mucuna pruriens extract (seed)(50 percent L-dopa), 500 mg: This ingredient’s l-dopa component is a precursor of the hormone dopamine, which helps regulate melatonin levels. Dopamine also helps increase HGH levels to complement the recovery process.
- Valerian extract (Valeriana officinalis)(root)(one percent valerenic acids), 500 mg: “Research on valerian root suggests that it most likely promotes its sedative and sleep regulatory effects through direct stimulation of GABA biosynthesis, production, and release,” per the manufacturer’s official website. Plus, the higher your GABA levels, are the more human growth hormone (HGH) your body produces. All good.
- L–ornithine, 400 mg: A non-protein amino acid which helps one fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. In addition, some studies suggest l-ornithine consumption helps keep cortisol (stress hormone) levels in check.
- Melatonin, 5 mg: The hormone which helps regulate sleep-wake cycles. Melatonin also helps keep free radicals at bay, regulate the immune system, improve heart health, and ease jet lag symptoms.
We’ve been seeing more sleep and recovery supplements cover all the bases.
You can put Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ in that elusive category, folks.
It has just about every important – and efficient – sleep ingredient on the market.
Who can dispute a potent combo of Vitamin B6, magnesium, zinc, GABA, l-glycine, l-tryptophan, Mucuna pruriens extract, valerian extract, l-ornithine, and melatonin?
We like sleep supplements which trace root causes of sleep issues. In most cases, it’s stress and anxiety.
The inclusions of magnesium, zinc, l-glycine, l-tryptophan, and valerian extract mean you won’t toss and turn at night anymore.
Some individuals find it hard to stop their minds from racing at night. Well, these components will make sure you get a good night’s sleep.
Not only that, but Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ will help you stay asleep longer. The inclusion of 400 milligrams of l-ornithine per serving will make sure of it.
Don’t forget about the extra health benefits this supplement offers you – these include better heart health, improved immunity, increased antioxidant protection, and the like.
We also love the manufacturer’s transparency – it reveals all the ingredient amounts. No shady proprietary blends, either.
Unfortunately, Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ has a few chinks.
The first one is the taste – it’s “Razzzberry Lemonade” flavor is quite strong.
Some customers agree with us – they say the taste is not this product’s strong suit, for sure.
Finally, the manufacturer included sucralose, an artificial sweetener which has several side effects.
Stevia (a natural, plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels) would have been better.
Finally, Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ’s discounted price of $44.43 on its official website is still steep for a 240-gram container.
Despite these flaws, Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ has “efficiency” written all over it.
It may be an unheralded supplement, but it will produce results.
Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ Benefits
Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ has the following benefits:
- Impressive ingredient profile
- Helps one fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer
- Includes several growth-hormone-boosting ingredients
- Promotes faster recovery
We agree with these claims. Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ is a promising sleep product which should take your recovery to a different level.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ for healthy individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to improve sleep quality, shorten recovery time, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ has sucralose, an artificial sweetener which has several side effects, as we earlier mentioned.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ Summary
- Powerful formula. Covers all the bases in terms of sleep ingredients.
- Helps induce relaxation. Thanks to magnesium, zinc, l-glycine, l-tryptophan, and valerian extract components.
- Promotes longer sleep. L-ornithine helps you stay asleep longer. Awesome.
- Increases growth hormone levels. Look no further than the GABA and Mucuna pruriens components.
- Extra health benefits. Helps improve heart health and increase antioxidant protection.
- Great transparency. Manufacturer divulges all of the ingredient amounts. Bravo.
- Taste. Strong Razzzberry Lemonade flavor not this product’s strong suit.
- Dirty ingredient. Has sucralose, an artificial sweetener with several side effects.
- Expensive. Discounted price of $44.43 still expensive for a 240-gram container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 240-gram Container (20-Day Supply): $44.43
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ
Core Nutritionals Core ZZZ holds its own against other top-notch sleep and recovery supplements.
No doubt about it.
Its unique ingredient profile will help not only help you sleep better, but stay asleep longer.
Plus, the extra growth hormone release benefits will complement your effort at the gym.
If you’re willing to take a chance on a product with a so-so taste and slightly expensive price, go ahead.
We’re confident you’ll still be a happy customer.