Finding a post-workout supplement with potent ingredients and a simple formula seems like a pipe dream nowadays.
Ask any supplement junkie out there.
Good thing we stumbled upon Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY.
We liked what we saw from the get-go: creatine monohydrate, glutamine, l-carnitine l-tartrate, and BCAAs in one powerhouse package.
Enjoy the review, folks.
About Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY
Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY is “The Ultimate Science-Based Post-Workout and Recovery Powder,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Great ingredient combo. Creatine monohydrate, glutamine, l-carnitine l-tartrate, and BCAAs.
- Five grams of creatine monohydrate per serving. Helps build muscle mass and improve athletic performance.
- Two grams of leucine per serving. The most anabolic amino acid.
Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY Supplement Facts (Lemonade, 486.7 grams)
|Serving Size: 2 Scoops
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Creatine Monohydrate||5000 mg||**|
|L-Carnitine L-Tartrate||2000 mg||**|
|Instantized Leucine||2000 mg||**|
|Instantized Isoleucine||1000 mg||**|
|other ingredients: citric acid, natural and artificial flavoring, silica, sucralose, fd&c yellow #5|
|SUGGESTED USE: Take two scoops (one serving) shortly after working out. Mix with 12-18 oz. of water.|
The Ultimate Science-Based Post-Workout and Recovery Powder
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again, folks: the bodybuilding supplement industry is saturated with complicated and worthless formulas.
Consumers want an affordable product with simple and powerful ingredients.
Quality products such as these set the product for post-workout supplements.
Can Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY follow in their footsteps?
The manufacturer dubs this supplement “The Ultimate Science-Based Post-Workout and Recovery Powder.”
That’s a bold claim for a product whose ingredients are downright simple:
- Creatine monohydrate
- L-carnitine l-tartrate
- Instantized leucine
- Instantized isoleucine
If it were another random and inferior post-workout, the ingredients would have left you in a daze. Count on it.
Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY’s main ingredient is five grams of creatine monohydrate per serving.
We’re not surprised.
Creatine monohydrate is the most effective and cheapest form of creatine. It helps increase muscle mass, strength, and athletic performance.
Oh, don’t forget those awesome muscle pumps.
L-arginine – an amino acid which is a precursor of nitric oxide – gets a lot of credit for giving you these pumps.
However, creatine should also share the limelight. Research has shown this ingredient is also synonymous with muscle pumps.
Another important benefit of creatine is its ability to increase your metabolic rate.
Research has shown creatine supplementation helps delay the onset of fatigue. This improves your sprint cardio training performance.
Once that happens, your metabolic rate goes up.
Some individuals associate creatine with strength training. However, it’s more – much more – than that. It will help take your anaerobic and aerobic performance to the next level.
We’re glad it’s in Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY.
On that note, we like the five grams of creatine monohydrate per serving. Fitness experts recommend this much per day. We believe five grams per serving will help you reap all of creatine’s impressive benefits.
Plus, not too many post-workout supplements have that much. Scour the supplement store shelves if you don’t believe us.
Next up is three grams of glutamine per serving.
This amino acid is another bona fide post-workout superstar because of its versatility: it helps preserve muscle mass, increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels, and boost the immune system.
In addition, glutamine helps boost recovery and ward off the effects of lactic acid.
No wonder it’s another post-workout ingredient staple.
We feel three grams of glutamine per serving will help you achieve your post-workout goals.
Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY also has two grams of l-carnitine l-tartrate per serving.
When you think of carnitine, the first thing that comes to mind is fat burning.
However, l-carnitine l-tartrate should be associated with faster recovery – it helps turn fat into energy and reduce muscular damage after a tough workout.
Not only that, l-carnitine l-tartrate also helps boost cardiovascular health and aerobic capacity. Awesome.
Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY also features two grams of instantized leucine per serving.
Once again, we’re not surprised. Just like creatine, glutamine, and l-carnitine l-tartrate, leucine is another fixture in big-name post-workout supplements.
Why? Two words: protein synthesis.
Leucine is the King of branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) because it helps kickstart this process. Without it, say goodbye to your muscle growth aspirations.
In other words, leucine is the most anabolic amino acid.
Because of leucine’s impressive muscle-growth prowess, many post-workout supplements use a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio.
Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY is no exception, folks.
For every two grams of leucine, it has one gram each of instantized isoleucine and valine.
These BCAAs help boost muscle recovery and endurance and repair muscle tissue – all key post-workout benefits. All good on those fronts.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Creatine monohydrate, 5,000 mg: One of the most-researched post-workout supplement ingredients. Creatine monohydrate helps increase strength, muscle mass, and athletic performance. Five grams per serving should give you maximum benefits.
- Glutamine, 3,000 mg: If you want muscle preservation, more human growth hormone (HGH), and an improved immune system, you should try supplementing with glutamine. This is the most abundant amino acid in the body. Guys from the Golden Era of Bodybuilding have been taking it. One look at their awesome physiques will tell you why.
- L-carnitine l-tartrate, 2,000 mg: This ingredient is today’s secret weapon against muscular damage. Like we said, l-carnitine l-tartrate also helps boost heart health and aerobic capacity. Expect your workout quality to improve with consistent supplementation.
- Instantized leucine, 2,000 mg: No other amino acid compares to leucine when it comes to muscle building. Leucine and “anabolic” belong in the same sentence, folks. Two grams per serving should help you build some serious lean muscle mass.
- Instantized isoleucine, 1,000 mg: This BCAA helps improve muscle recovery and muscle tissue repair after a tough workout. In addition, it also helps restore a positive nitrogen balance for more muscle growth.
- Valine, 1,000 mg: The final part of the BCAA triumvirate is valine, which helps increase endurance, regulate the immune system, and repair muscle tissue.
So far, it’s been fun sizing up Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY, a.k.a. “The Ultimate Science-Based Post-Workout and Recovery Powder.”
First impression: this product cuts right to the chase. Most of the essential post-workout ingredients are present.
Hey, how can you go wrong with creatine monohydrate, glutamine, l-carnitine l-tartrate, and the three BCAAs?
In fact, you might not need a separate protein supplement to grow muscle after a grueling workout session – five grams of creatine monohydrate and two grams of leucine per serving should do the trick for you.
We like the fact Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY has that much creatine monohydrate per scoop. Several post-workouts have three grams per serving or so, but not this one.
Expect to fully reap the benefits of creatine monohydrate, folks.
And yeah, two grams of leucine per serving should help you make the transition from catabolic to anabolic after your last rep.
We’ve sized up several post-workouts with a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio before and we said the same thing: it works.
Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY is no exception.
After you grow muscle mass with correct nutrition and regular exercise, three grams of glutamine per serving will help you preserve it.
Plus, glutamine will help increase your strength and power.
A study published in Journal of Human Sport & Exercise in 2012 reveals “eight-week resistance training combined with the timed ingestion of glutamine supplementation increase explosive muscular power and muscle strength (upper- and lower-body strength) in non-athlete male students.”
If that isn’t hard evidence of glutamine’s prowess, we don’t know what is.
To top everything off, Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY’s two grams of l-carnitine l-tartrate per serving will help ward off muscular damage.
We also like the manufacturer’s transparency: it reveals the amount of every ingredient. Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY has no proprietary blends. Awesome.
However, we wished the company disclosed other key ingredients such as sodium, potassium, sugar, and the like.
Think about it: how can a lemonade-flavored supplement not have any sugar content?
Plus, it’s unfortunate Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY has a dirty ingredient: FD&C Yellow No. 5, a.k.a. tartrazine.
Some fitness experts have linked tartrazine to several ailments. What’s worse is it’s also been associated with free radicals. Boo.
This makes us wonder: why didn’t the manufacturer use a healthier food coloring such as beta carotene (a rich source of Vitamin A which is good for eye health) instead?
Our hunch: cutting corners. Thumbs down.
Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY Benefits
Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Boosts recovery
- Helps increase muscle mass and strength
- Wards off muscle soreness
- Helps maximize growth outside of the gym
We agree with these claims. Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY has top-notch ingredients which will help you achieve your post-workout goals.
Who Takes It?
Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to boost their recovery, increase muscle mass and strength, and achieve their daily fitness objectives.
Any Side Effects?
Although Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY has no glaring side effects, the manufacturer issues a warning which says, “Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Pregnant or nursing women, children under the age of 18, and individuals with serious medical conditions should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement.”
Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY Summary
- Impressive ingredient combo. Creatine monohydrate, glutamine, l-carnitine l-tartrate, and BCAAs.
- Five grams of creatine monohydrate per serving. Helps increase muscle mass and improve athletic performance.
- Three grams of glutamine per serving. Helps preserve muscle mass and boost the immune system.
- Two grams of leucine per serving. The most anabolic amino acid.
- Good transparency. Manufacturer divulges all of the ingredient amounts.
- Dirty ingredient. FD&C Yellow No. 5. Company should have used beta carotene instead.
- Missing ingredients. Manufacturer didn’t reveal sodium, potassium, and sugar contents.
- Expensive. $35.47 for a 486.7-gram container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 486.7-gram Container (30-Day Supply): $35.47
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY
Will Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY boost company sales and fly off store shelves?
Yes, we expect it to.
Will it help you achieve your post-workout goals?
Absolutely. This product’s formula is simple as it is effective. Make no mistake about it.
Although Sheer Strength Labs SHEER RECOVERY has a few chinks in its armor, we recommend you try it.
It’s not the cleanest post-workout supplement out there, but it will give you results.