What is up with artificial crap in just about everything we eat?
You got preservatives, colorants, flavorings, and even toys in our food! Wait, we actually like toys. The point is, we don’t like synthetics in our food, so why would we want them in our supplements?
BSN understands this, Bro.
To give users a cleaner supplement line, BSN produced the CLEAN series which focuses on transparency and “no BS” ingredients. BSN also gave simple names to their CLEAN products and one of them is CLEAN FAT BURNER. Will this “clean” fat burner work or will it be too clean to get the job done? Let’s find out.
About BSN CLEAN FAT BURNER
We’ve already reviewed a few BSN products, you can check ’em out here. This is our first review of one of their CLEAN series supplements. It’s a great idea, since so many of us are fed up with all the weird shit found in “dirty label” supplements. Formula notes:
- CLEAN Label: Transparent dosages and no added artificial colors. Plus, it’s Gluten-Free, Banned Substance Tested, and Informed-Choice certified.
- Simple stack: Simple formulations, with few ingredients, make it easier to deliver high potency for each ingredient.
- Premium ingredients: We got some branded ingredients and standardized herbs. Great signs of quality, bro.
BSN CLEAN FAT BURNER Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 90
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Green Coffee Extract (bean)||200 mg|
|Caffeine Anhydrous||115 mg|
|Cissus quadrangularis Extract (stem and leaf) (Synetrim CQ®)||100 mg|
|Grapefruit Bioflavonoids||100 mg|
|Yerba Mate Extract (Ilex paraguariensis) (leaf) (10% caffeine)||100 mg|
|Cayenne Extract (fruit) (2% Capsaicinoids) (CapsimaxTM)||30 mg|
Gelatine, Dicalcium Phosphate Silica, Magnesium Stearate
|Directions for use: Take 1 capsule 3 times a day.|
CLEAN FAT BURNER is pretty damn clean, Bro.
But if you wanna go super clean, you might prefer a vegan supplement, Bro. This one got gelatin caps.
Anyway, we’re still off to a good start as BSN included some of the best fat burners we know. PLUS, as part of their “clean” philosophy, they’ve now got a transparent label that shows all dosages. Awesome.
A couple doses seem a bit low, but we’re still liking this formula at first glance. Let’s break down its ingredients:
- GCBE: Green coffee bean extract is a trendy fat burner, and one of our top-ranked ones. Cool to see it here, but it would be better if it were standardized for chlorogenic acids, and the dosage looks a little low.
- Caffeine. We like caffeine in fat burners. At first it doesn’t seem to fit the “CLEAN” theme, but the 115 mg dosage is conservative, so it makes sense.
- Cissus: Cissus is an ingredient better known for improving joint health. It’s been shown to help reduce weight because it may act like an appetite suppressant. Synetrim CQ® is a premium branded form of the herb. They recommend at least 150 mg, so the 100 mg in this formula is a little low.
- Grapefruit. Freakin’ Delicious. Also effective at reducing bodyweight but not quite as potent as other fat burners. As for dosage, most studies used grapefruit as a fruit, juice, or in slices. Half the fruit is roughly 123 g and most grapefruits have 27mg/100g bioflavonoid content. Using the numbers above, 100 mg looks pretty good.
- Yerba Mate. Often taken as a stimulant for its caffeine content, but is also a potent fat burner, especially when combined with exercise. But clinical fat-burning is shown at a higher dosage.
- Cayenne. We always applaud supplements who uses cayenne, specially as the premium brand Capsimax. The 30 mg dosage here is a bit low; for reference, our #1-ranked fat-burner Instant Knockout supplies 100 mg of plain cayenne powder, while Shred JYM supplies 50 mg of Capsimax.
BSN CLEAN FAT BURNER is a brand that calls for transparency in labels as well as omitting fluff on its ingredients list. We give em a freakin’ standing ovation for this approach… and their ingredients are damn good too.
This formula has GCBE and Caffeine, two of the most potent fat burners in existence. Cissus as a fat-burner is a speculative add that might be underdosed; Yerba Mate and Cayenne are more reliable, but we want just a bit more than what BSN offered. Grapefruit is not as direct as a fat burner, but has a nice dosage in this formula.
Is there fat-blasting synergy? There could be… but we have a feeling the dosages won’t give you a sustained kick when you train unless you add an extra cap or two per serving. This might seem like a negative, but we’re viewing it as a positive, and here’s why:
BSN CLEAN FAT BURNER isn’t the kind of burner that’s going to wreak havoc on your system and turn you into a raving man-beast. Instead, it’s got some really smart ingredient choices in premium forms… at conservative doses. Want to support weight loss without going apeshit? Take it as directed. Want some more intense support? Take an extra cap.
Overall, this is a solid offering from BSN, with some flexibility built-in. It’s not an intense formula that will punch you in the freakin’ face. Instead it feels more “entry-level,” but that’s just right for some people.
BSN CLEAN FAT BURNER Benefits
This supplement will help your fat burning efforts, via stimulating activity, appetite control, and metabolism support. There may be some synergy here that amplifies all these activities. BSN CLEAN Fat Burner seems mild by design, and while effective as a standalone, it almost seems like it would be even BETTER if stacked with some other conservative weight management supplements.
Who Takes It?
BSN seems to target competitive lifters. But as we mentioned, to us it feels more entry-level… not for the hardcore stim-crazed freakshows. More like a weekend warrior fat-burner formula, bro. And that’s actually a compliment. Not everybody wants to go nuclear when they take a fat burner.
Any Side Effects?
It has a bit of caffeine which sometimes gives users the jitters, sleeplessness, anxiety, crashes, etc… but the amount should be tolerable enough unless you’re sensitive to caffeine. This is another advantage of the milder doses in this formula… we think it would be super well-tolerated as a fat-burner.
BSN CLEAN FAT BURNER Summary
- No prop blend. It’s a CLEAN label after all.
- Synergy. Ingredients seem to work well together.
- Good fat burners. Three of our best fat-burners are here.
- Authentic company. BSN is quite an award hog.
- Mild. Good entry-level fat-burner for mild-mannered bros.
- Mild. Not for those who want “raving man-beast” effects.
- Pricey. It retails for almost $60 for only 30 days.
- Most likely liquidated. The official website doesn’t carry it anymore.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (90 capsules): $59
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on BSN CLEAN FAT BURNER
BSN CLEAN FAT BURNER can only be really loved by BSN fans as its move on transparency is nothing out of the ordinary for other companies. There are better fat-burners out there for a better price but if you do try BSN CLEAN FAT BURNER, because you’re like bros, don’t expect anything magical about it.