What does “Extreme Focus” mean to you?
We think it’s alertness. Crystalline clarity. Razor-sharp thinking. Supercharged brain energy.
And, if we’re keeping it real, extreme focus means a highly stimulated brain… usually from big doses of caffeine.
Procera XTF uses caffeine, and has “Extreme Focus” right on the box… but don’t believe the hype. It’s OK for brain health, but this mild formula is nothing to get pumped up about.
About Procera XTF Extreme Focus
Procera’s flagship AVH brain supplement sold a TON, mostly to ages 55+. Now, Procera seems to be targeting a younger crowd with their new XTF version… yielding some confusing results. Procera XTF key notes:
- AVH. It has the same Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCl, Vinpocetine, and Huperzine-A stack as Procera AVH (just half as much).
- Focus support. In other words, caffeine… but they take a different angle by using whole-botanical caffeine sources like guarana & green tea.
- Stress support: Rhodiola strengthens the brain’s stress resistance; B-Vitamins replenish what’s been depleted by stress.
Procera XTF Extreme Focus Supplement Facts
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B3 (as niacin 50%, niacinimide 50%)||25 mg (125% DV)|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)||25 mg (1250% DV)|
|Pantothenic Acid (as calcium d-pantothenate)||25 mg (250% DV)|
|Procera AVH® memory Proprietary Blend:|
Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL, vinpocetine, and huperzine A (from Huperzia Serrata)(aerial parts)
|Extreme Focus Blend:|
Rhodiola rosea (root) (3% rosavins % 1% salidrosides), green tea extract (leaf)(50% caffeine), green coffee extract (bean) and guarana (seed)(36% caffeine)
|Other Ingredients: Vegetable capsule, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, and titanium dioxide. Contains 40 mg of natural caffeine.|
*Note: Some Procera XTF boxes show double these dosages and double the serving size: 4 capsules a day. This is weird to us: Taking 4 caps daily, you’d burn through a whole bottle in only 10 days.
Procera XTF Extreme Focus supplies some good nootropics… but it just can’t decide what it wants to be.
Is it an energy supplement? A nootropic complex? Both? Is it an extreme stimulant? Or an alternative to extreme stimulants?
Damned if we know… and we don’t think Procera XTF knows either. Still, there’s some brain health value here… so let’s dig into the formula’s ingredients:
Procera AVH® memory Proprietary Blend:
Procera XTF Extreme Starts with AVH: Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR), Vinpocetine and Huperzine-A. These 3 make up the simple, effective memory formula that helped Procera AVH sell millions… mostly to older adults.
- Vinpocetine: Brain circulation booster and cognitive energizer.
- Huperzine-A: Protects & energizes brain; boosts acetylcholine.
- ALCAR: Works only for older and elderly populations. Not extreme.
Extreme Focus Blend
Now we’re getting somewhere. Let’s take it up a notch and make Procera XTF EXTREME… right? YEEEEEAAHHHHH….not really.
- Green coffee: Less caffeine than roasted beans; zero nootropic activity.
- Green tea: Supplies caffeine with L-Theanine to ease jitters.
- Guarana: 4X the caffeine of coffee beans, plus antioxidants.
- Rhodiola: Great nootropic, especially for stress; Standardized = quality.
Hmmm. The whole Extreme Focus Blend adds up to a 40 mg of natural caffeine and an unspecified amount of Rhodiola. Weak. And BORING!
Procera XTF’s “B-Team”
- Vitamin B3: Not nootropic; helps with brain degeneration in elderly.
- Vitamin B6: Boosts brain chemicals, but Pyridoxine is weak… P-5-P form of B6 is more active & beneficial for brain health, which is why 2 out of our Best 5 nootropic supplements use P-5-P.
- Pantothenic Acid (B5): Helps acetylcholine. Good for stress; not a nootropic.
The original Procera AVH is a decent 3.5-star brain supplement that lost some points for bad ethics and limited scope of nootropic activity.
(Check out our Procera AVH vs. Procera XTF review here)
But the formula itself—the actual AVH nutrients—are good for boosting brain circulation, brain energy, brain oxygenation, and especially for acetylcholine. Procera XTF builds around that solid AVH core.
Of the new ingredients in XTF, Vitamin B6 and Rhodiola are viable upgrades for mood balance, brainpower and stress resistance. But they use inferior B6 and hide Rhodiola’s dosage, so we can’t know if it’s enough to work.
Green coffee bean fails. It makes XTF’s formulators look bad, because green coffee is light on caffeine, and is not a nootropic–it’s for weight loss!
Procera XTF’s other sources of caffeine look OK, but the 40 mg total caffeine dose will be roughly useless to regular coffee drinkers with tolerance.
There’s nothing extreme about Procera XTF Extreme Focus. It’s OK as a mild brainpower-booster, and seems better for old-age brain concerns.
Make up your mind, Procera XTF!
Procera XTF claims to be a safe, effective alternative to the “caffeine blues” and “artificial high” of stimulant-driven energy drinks. But Procera XTF is made with caffeine! It’s also called “Extreme Focus,” but the only extreme ingredient is caffeine… which has a mild 40 mg dose. Hey, Procera: Either BE extreme, or change your formula name!
Procera XTF Extreme Focus Benefits
Procera XTF Extreme Focus is billed as a naturally derived “energy booster” formula that includes Procera AVH brain nutrients. The two main benefits advertised are focus and energy; secondary benefits are enhanced mental performance while under pressure and better stress resistance. All this culminates in what they call a “special cognitive edge.”
These claims actually check out… except for the “special cognitive edge” part (go for a balls-out mental domination stack if you want a cognitive edge). We are critical of Procera XTF’s formula flaws. But the AVH stack is tried and true, 40 mg caffeine gives it a little extra pop, and there’s nootropic value in the Rhodiola and B6. We figure Procera XTF delivers a mild increase in brain energy and focus… but no extreme brainpower boost here.
Who Takes It?
Procera XTF Extreme Focus seems to target younger people who drink too much coffee and energy drinks; people who want to try something different to perk up their mental energy and alertness. Some Procera XTF boxes say it’s a “study aid” that’s “University Tested,” suggesting it’s made for students.
Any Side Effects?
Probably not. You’d expect an “Extreme Focus” formula to have all sorts of side effects, but Procera XTF just isn’t that powerful. The 40 mg caffeine dosage is likely too small to even cause jitters.
Procera XTF Summary
- AVH. Reliable nootropic stack for focus, mental energy & brain health.
- Natural caffeine. We like that XTF sources caffeine from herbals.
- Partial transparency. They show some exact dosages & total caffeine mg
- B-Vitamins. Mediocre as nootropics, but 3 Bs at good doses help brain health.
- Confused. A non-extreme alternative to stimulants… with caffeine?
- Proprietary blends. Annoying that we can’t see how much rhodiola.
- Cheap B6. Quality formulas ditch B6-as-pyridoxine for more potent P-5-P.
- Weak. We expect LOTS more from a nootropic with “extreme” in the name.
- Reputation? Procera’s manufacturer uses Autoship scam tactics… be careful.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 box: $69 (one-month supply)
- 2 boxes: $138 ($69/bottle, free shipping)
- 3 boxes + 1 free: $207 ($51.75/bottle, free shipping)
- Procera XTF is available online and in brick-and-mortar retailers
Final Word on Procera XTF
Procera XTF is not as good as Procera AVH. It adds B-vitamins, rhodiola & natural caffeine… but halves the formula’s best nootropics (the “AVH”) to get there.