The secret is in the ratio. Or so Procera AVH claims.
Their simple 3 ingredient stack–ALCAR, Vinpocetine & Huperzine-A–should reliably support cognition and memory, especially in older adults.
But mystery dosages and a sketchy history of FDA warnings and consumer complaints make it hard to trust this nootropic formula.
About Procera AVH?
Procera AVH is the self-proclaimed “number one brain health and performance supplement” in America. Its “AVH” secret-ratio stack is claimed to work by:
- Revitalizing the brain, partly by boosting blood flow to the brain. This delivers more oxygen to brain cells, fueling better mental energy.
- Restoring brain chemicals that decline with age and stress, including important ones for cognitive performance & memory.
- Protecting brain cells. This benefit is not really nootropic, but it probably helps to support healthy long-term brain function.
Procera AVH Supplement Facts
|Ingredient||Amount Per Serving|
|Procera AVH (Proprietary Blend)|
Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCl, Vinpocetine, Huperzine A (From Huperzia Serrata)(Whole Plant, Aerial Parts)
The AVH trio probably hits therapeutic dosage–because vinpocetine and Huperzine-A are effective in small doses.
As you’ve probably figured out by now, the “AVH” in “Procera AVH” stands for the 3 nootropic compounds that make up its special patented blend:
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine: A brain cell-energizer that boosts brain chemicals for memory and sharp mental performance.
- Vinpocetine: Our #4 Best Nootropic, research-backed for boosting blood flow to the brain and promoting peak brain energy metabolism.
- Huperzine A: Helps protect, energize and multiply brain cells. Boosts acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter for memory and mental clarity.
Procera AVH is a smart, simple formula. Its ingredients work well together, too. All three energize the brain, but with different bio-activities. Acetyl-L-Carnitine and Hup-A each boost acetylcholine in their own way. Hup-A and Vinpocetine each protect the brain with unique antioxidant activity.
This nutritional “teamwork” gives Procera AVH formula synergy… a hallmark of the best nootropic supplements.
Exact dosages are unknown; hidden away in a proprietary blend. But, Vinpocetine and Hup-A are effective in tiny dosages, so there’s plenty of capsule room left for Acetyl-L-Carnitine to hit Critical Mass Dosage, too.
Procera AVH Benefits
Procera AVH’s box says it helps brain health and cognitive function; its website adds mental performance, clarity, energy and mood.
Looking at the ingredients, we think Procera AVH is best for brain energy–which might focus, accelerate & revitalize mental performance. It also seems good for age-related memory problems and cognitive decline.
Despite the Autoship Scam drama, looking at just the ingredients, we believe Procera AVH works–especially for people age 55+ who want to maintain a sharp mental edge as they grow older.
Procera AVH’s Million-Dollar Mistake
Procera AVH used to make bolder claims, saying it was “proven” to reverse memory loss and cognitive decline. But, due to these claims, in 2015 the FTC fined Procera AVH $1.4 MILLION for false advertising. Their brain health claims are now far more realistic.
Who takes Procera AVH ?
Procera AVH seems to be made for people age 55+ who are worried about losing their memory and brainpower with age. Its ingredients show the most clinical effectiveness for age-related cognitive decline, so 55+ seems right.
However, Hup-A has also enhanced adolescents’ memory & learning in early research. Based on its bio-activities alone, Provera AVH seems like it could help improve cognitive function in any age group.
Any Side Effects?
One of Procera AVH’s advantages is its simplicity: 3 ingredients only would seem to reduce the risk for side effects. There’s no crazy stacking, and all these ingredients are well tolerated. However, Huperzine-A is so effective at blocking acetylcholinesterase (it’s prescribed as a drug in some countries) that some have expressed concern it might throw brain chemical-balance out of whack.
Procera AVH Summary
- Good stack. The actual “AVH” is a reliable nootropic combo for older adults.
- Patented. If the secret AVH ratio works, Procera AVH is the only way to get it.
- Science-based. Well-researched; AVH formula also worked in human study.
- Bad reputation. False ads, FDA warnings, FTC fines, class-action lawsuits…
- Bad ethics. Autoship Scams and have not honored the money-back guarantee.
- High price. Build your own AVH stack (minus secret ratio) for a little cheaper.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 box: $34.99 (20-day supply)
- Procera AVH is available online and in brick-and-mortar retailers
Final Word on Procera AVH
Procera AVH is an good nootropic formula that is undone by bad ethics… we say avoid it. If you try it, look out for hidden opt-in Autoship Scams while buying online, and don’t trust any money-back guarantees. Or, avoid the whole issue and check out our top-ranked nootropic stack instead.