“The World’s First Muscle-Preserving Fat Burner.”
Vintage Burn‘s bold tagline — combined with its ultra-cool Communist Japanese Mustache stylings — make us say “shut up and take our money.”
Close analysis shows it doesn’t quite live up to the hype, but Vintage Burn still has many strong points and a unique fat-burning strategy that’s likely to work really well.
Let’s check out the details on this retro-but-advanced fat-burner that has earned the #4 ranking on our Best 5 Fat Burner Supplements list.
About Vintage Burn
Despite being made by Old School Labs, Vintage Burn is a new take on shredding supplements: It combines fat burners + muscle-preservers, so you can shred like crazy without wasting away. Formula notes.
- Innovative: Vintage Burn talks a lot of smack about their fat burner formula being the first of its kind… and it’s true. Well-played, Old School Labs.
- Cutting-Edge: Includes latest fat-burner/weight loss breakthroughs… but only those that back up the hype with real scientific research.
- Multi-Faceted: Its synergistic nutrients attack fat via several different bio-pathways. This is a sign of skillful supplement formulation.
Vintage Burn Supplement Facts
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Green Tea Leaf Extract||330 mg|
|Green Coffee Bean Extract||270 mg|
|Raspberry Ketones||200 mg|
|Olive Leaf Extract||160 mg|
|Bacopa Leaf Extract||130 mg|
|Garcinia Fruit Extract||100 mg|
|Forskohlii Root Extract||60 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Vegetable Capsule, vegetable stearate|
Some brilliant ingredient choices, but Vintage Burn’s fat-burning potential is weakened by lower-quality ingredient forms.
Despite its plain ingredient forms, Vintage Burn is still a strong fat-burning stack… which says a lot about the formulation itself.
Let’s take a closer look at the fuel behind Vintage Burn:
Green Tea Leaf Extract, 330 mg
With Caffeine and EGCG, Green Tea is a dual-powered fat burner: A great choice as Vintage Burn’s driving force. Taken as directed (2 capsules, 2X daily), Vintage Burn supplies 660 mg Green Tea Leaf Extract–an OK dose, but could be better:
- Vintage Burn is weaker because it does NOT supply Green Tea that’s standardized for caffeine or EGCG: Tea’s active fat-burning compounds.
Green Coffee Bean Extract (GCBE), 270 mg
GCBE triggers fat burning and helps balance blood sugar–2X fat-loss activity. Vintage Burn supplies 540 mg GCBE daily. That’s an average dosage, but it’s made worse by the ingredient form:
- Vintage Burn is weaker because it does NOT supply GCBE that’s standardized to deliver exact levels of the beans’ fat-burning Chlorogenic Acids (CGAs).
Raspberry Ketones, 200 mg
Enhance fat breakdown & metabolism; research also suggests they target belly fat. Standalone Raspberry Ketone supplements supply 500 mg – 1000 mg daily. Vintage Burn supplies only 400 mg daily — but that’s actually fairly strong for a multi-ingredient complex.
Olive Leaf Extract, 160 mg
Vintage Burn claims Olive Leaf has recovery-accelerating “healing properties” and boosts metabolism-boosting thyroid hormones. Unfortunately these claims don’t check out. Olive leaf is a legendary herb, but never for “muscle recovery.” And only weak-ass rat research suggests it has any impact on the thyroid. Olive Leaf just isn’t a fat-burner.
Caffeine, 150 mg
Freakin’ CAFFEINE, Bro!!! Oh yeah… we can feel the jitters from here. Caffeine 150 mg boosts fat-burning… but remember Vintage Burn has caffeinated green tea & green coffee beans, too. Vintage Burn supplies at LEAST 300 mg of caffeine daily, but its real caffeine amount is anybody’s guess.
Bacopa Leaf Extract, 130 mg
It’s not a fat burner, and we’ve never seen in it a fat-burning stack. But Vintage Burn includes Bacopa it to boost mood, which then helps dieting. We like Vintage Burn’s strategy here, especially since Bacopa is our #3-ranked Best Nootropic.
Garcinia Fruit Extract, 100 mg
Loaded with active Hydroxycitric Acid, Garcinia has been a leading weight loss supplement for years. Though it has multiple weight loss activities, Garcinia’s HCA is not a fat-burner. But it’s a great ingredient choice for a fat-burner stack.
- Vintage Burn does not use Garcinia that’s standardized to an exact level of HCA, and their 100 mg dosage is a little low.
Chrysin, 100 mg
Chrysin may block aromatase (linked to estrogen), thereby boosting testosterone levels, which in turn preserves muscle. So Chrysin is why Vintage Burn claims “muscle preservation” during shredding. We have never seen Chrysin in a fat-burning stack — but it makes a lot of sense. Good formulating, Vintage Burn. FIRST!
Forskohlii Root Extract, 60 mg
Forskohlii raises metabolism-boosting cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) while stimulating thyroid hormone production. Both of these bio-activities promote fat-burning and weight loss. While the evidence behind Forskohlii is far from definitive, we really like this “wildcard” fat-burner in Vintage Burn.
Vintage Burn uses a few of today’s best straight-up fat burners, along with predictable caffeine & caffeine botanicals. Nothing too exciting.
But what sets Vintage Burn apart is that it attacks “fat-burning” from new angles, such as boosting thyroid hormone and cAMP… and then combines fat-burning + muscle sparing synergy to bring great overall results.
It’s not all good. Some ingredients don’t make sense; others appear to be dosed way too low. And lastly, the complete absence of standardized and/or branded herbs holds back Vintage Burn’s massive potential. Still, Vintage Burn remains a very good fat-burning stack from a great brand.
Vintage Burn Benefits
Vintage Burn claims to burn fat, preserve muscle, and improve focus and mood. The fat-burning and muscle preservation seem to check out; in fact, we’ll raise those stakes by saying this formula will promote overall weight loss, not just by burning fat. We’re calling BS on “focus and mood” claims, though.
So, does VINTAGE BURN Work?
We say Yes. It will help with fat burning efforts and healthy weight management. Since it addresses fat burning via several different metabolic pathways, Vintage Burn might actually work really well. We don’t believe Vintage Burn works for the other off-topic health claims it makes.
Who Takes It?
Male natural bodybuilders. At least, that’s who Vintage Burn seems to target the most, though they point out that anyone seeking a leaner physique could benefit from the formula, whether they are male or female. Vintage Burn is more a fat-burner for the laid-back Venice Beach retro bodybuilders of yore, and less like a fat-burner for the MMA figher who’s cutting because he’s ready to to punch.
Any Side Effects?
Vintage Burn looks pretty clean to us, but it may be a highly stimulating supplement (not in a good way) for some. Be aware that it’s got 150+ mg caffeine (possibly much more than that), plus metabolic boosters and thyroid activators. Powerful stuff, especially in combination. If you’re stimulant-sensitive, proceed with caution.
Vintage Burn Summary
- Formula. Smartly attacks fat-burning via multiple pathways
- Synergy. Burns fat + preserves muscle = 2X benefit synergy
- Targeted. Includes compounds that specifically target belly fat
- Clean. Free is free weird additives, synthetics or colorings
- Transparent. All dosages are clearly shown in black & white
- Great Reviews. Amazon reviews are off-the-charts here
- Brand. Gotta love the mission & style of Old School Labs
- Dosage. Some ingredient dosages look weak and ineffective
- NOT transparent. They should really disclose exact caffeine mg.
- Potency. They don’t use high-potency standardized herbs
- Off-Base. Some ingredients do nothing for fat burning
- Pricey. $79.99 regular price for a one-month supply is a lot
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle: (60 servings): $49.99 with Amazon Prime membership ($79.99 without Prime)
- Appears to only be available on Amazon
Final Word on Vintage Burn
Vintage Burn has many great fat-burners and an innovative formulation. Its ordinary ingredient forms cast doubts over potency… but we think Vintage Burn is well worth trying to find out for sure.